PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Samsung TV Repair Technician

MPowered
08-09-2019, 02:19 PM
I have a 65" 4 year old Samsung smart tv and it keeps going through a on/off power cycle and won't stay on. No warranty left and sounds like a common problem with Samsung tv's. I am willing to pay someone to fix it if they can or tell me where to take it to have it service. I would rather have it repaired than spend another s$2000 on a new tv. Any good Samsung tv techs in the south? TIA

Mitsu3000gt
08-09-2019, 02:50 PM
How nice of a TV is it? If it's an entry level model, 65" 4K TV's that would be similar or perhaps even better are easily found for under $1000.

Give these guys call for a quote to see what a repair might cost:

http://www.bestech.ca/tv-repair/

MPowered
08-09-2019, 03:31 PM
Thnx for the reply. Will give them a call. I do kinda like this tv. I know tv’s are a lot cheaper these days.

The_Penguin
08-09-2019, 04:43 PM
Should be an easy repair. I'd offer, but my workbench is inaccessible after a basement renovation, and way too busy at the moment.
Agree Bestech would be a good option, might be pricey though.

Asian_defender
08-09-2019, 08:13 PM
I found Bestech to be a rip off. Needed a replacement remote for my Denon x4400h
They wanted $110 for it, I ended up getting one off ebay for $45

phreezee
08-09-2019, 10:22 PM
MPowered

That sounds like the power board. Open it up and get the model number.
I did that on mine and the cost was $129+shipping. https://www.consumer-parts.com/main.sc
After you receive it, it's really plug and play.

ZenOps
08-10-2019, 08:36 AM
Its probably just a bad capacitor on the power board. Look for obvious signs of damage, like burns or bulging - snip them off and then replace with a new one (preferably with a higher heat tolerance or even better a Tantalum capacitor)

phreezee
08-10-2019, 08:57 AM
Its probably just a bad capacitor on the power board. Look for obvious signs of damage, like burns or bulging - snip them off and then replace with a new one (preferably with a higher heat tolerance or even better a Tantalum capacitor)

This is true, but he's probably not going from looking for a tech to soldering boards either :)
My board didn't have any obviously bad capacitors and I was too lazy to get the multimeter out and test all of them.

MPowered
08-10-2019, 09:58 AM
I did take the back apart and looked at both boards. No signs of any capacitors blown or bulging. Disconnected and reconnected all plugs. I'm assuming you are replacing the green power board? I have a clicking noise coming from the brown board, even for a few minutes after I disconnect the power cord. I have no problem soldering if I knew what the problem was.

revelations
08-10-2019, 10:23 AM
I did take the back apart and looked at both boards. No signs of any capacitors blown or bulging. Disconnected and reconnected all plugs. I'm assuming you are replacing the green power board? I have a clicking noise coming from the brown board, even for a few minutes after I disconnect the power cord. I have no problem soldering if I knew what the problem was.

No, the brown is the power unit.

The amount of testing time required by a shop to isolate the bad circuit (and potentially, other affected parts) exceeds the cost of the entire power board.

Its also micro soldering, which requires some high end stuff.

MPowered
08-10-2019, 10:34 AM
OK. That sounds like a better option to replace the power board. Thnx for the heads up!

MPowered
08-10-2019, 10:51 AM
MPowered

That sounds like the power board. Open it up and get the model number.
I did that on mine and the cost was $129+shipping. https://www.consumer-parts.com/main.sc
After you receive it, it's really plug and play.

I went ahead and ordered the power board. $132 plus shipping. How long did it take for delivery?

revelations
08-10-2019, 11:05 AM
Coming from Ontario - should have it in 5 days or something.

phreezee
08-10-2019, 02:19 PM
About 2 weeks, took them a couple of days to mail it out.

MPowered
08-19-2019, 04:10 PM
Update. Did receive the power board unit in about 6 business days. Change the board and works perfectly. Thanks for the help. Saved me maybe $500 over taking it to a shop.