PDA

View Full Version : Country Thunder

blueToy
08-17-2019, 10:04 AM
There was only a very short time in my long life that I was forced to listen to this genre of music in the early 90's, and actually liked a few artists, but country never was my thing. Until .... about a year ago I got tired of listening to the same crap and started listening to the local country stations and their were some artists that weren't half bad. I know ts not real country music, more of country pop, but some of it was catchy and good. ANYWAY ... 3 day event being held in Prairie Winds Park in the NE. called Country Thunder. Heading there today but was wondering if there are any more Beyonders who have been that have any tips for what to see and do while there, or must haves on what to bring.

Cheers,

speedog
08-17-2019, 10:50 AM
So no Dwight Yokum in your playlist?

ExtraSlow
08-17-2019, 11:07 AM
Music festivals are awesome. Never been to this one. No specific tips, other than you should seek out a few artists you haven't heard of. Someone playing earlier in the day who isn't a "big name". that's a great way to experience the music.

killramos
08-17-2019, 11:11 AM
Always a good time, last year they added more beer gardens so you could actually get drinks while you are there so it was way better.

Bring a coat and a folding lawn chair and have a good time. Considering the location, its near impossible to get home after. So either drive and park somewhere or get someone to come pick you up.

blueToy
08-17-2019, 11:44 AM
Thank you Gents. We do love watching and listening to live music, so pretty excited about seeing a lot of good artists today both on the main stage and side stages.

Did download a Dwight back in the Napster days for the Better half. Think it was A thousand Miles from Nowhere. I was much too interested in the New stuff at the time to get into the genre or explore it too much, sadly.

Cheers about the lawn chairs idea as well as the parking fiasco it may become. Going to look into the LRT thing. :thumbsup: