PDA

View Full Version : WTB - The Club.

Phuqu
03-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Anyone have one they don't use anymore?

Looking for the normal size steering club. Not the truck size one.

Thanks.

spyguy
03-30-2004, 12:53 AM
walrmart, canadian tire...

ramminghard
03-30-2004, 01:10 AM
Don't waste your money, they don't do anything

Phuqu
03-30-2004, 01:33 AM
They let the punk move on the next one without it.

Anything is better than nothing.

Thanks for the heads up on Walmart and Canadian Tire. I had no idea they were sold there.:rolleyes:

Should I ask them if they have any they aren't using anymore???

I'm looking for a used one.

JordanLotoski
03-30-2004, 01:35 AM
yeah man they dont do anything...if someone wants your car they just cut the steering wheels...i laff at people that have the club in there car

ramminghard
03-30-2004, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Phuqu
They let the punk move on the next one without it.

Anything is better than nothing.

Thanks for the heads up on Walmart and Canadian Tire. I had no idea they were sold there.:rolleyes:

Should I ask them if they have any they aren't using anymore???

I'm looking for a used one.

What i was thinking is that if someone had one and still had their car they will probably keep using it. I would bet that if you bought a used one its from a guy that had it in his car, the car got jacked anyways and the theif left it on the ground.

I say invest in a good alarm.

DeathBy240
03-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by ramminghard

What i was thinking is that if someone had one and still had their car they will probably keep using it. I would bet that if you bought a used one its from a guy that had it in his car, the car got jacked anyways and the theif left it on the ground.

I say invest in a good alarm.

Nobody's car ever gets stolen who has an alarm?

On topic, I saw one for sale in the bargainfinder not too long ago.

Phuqu
03-30-2004, 09:53 AM
It's for the wife's Jeep. She had an alarm and her Jeep got broken into to take the deck. What good is an alarm if nobody responds to it when it goes off. Now she's worried about the Jeep getting stolen The alarm should help with the starter cut-off installed but that can be bypassed as well. As with everything.

For all you people who think the Club doesn't work I don't know how you can think that it doesn't 'work'.

Any type of device is designed to deter or slow down a crook. Sure it can be cut off. An alarm can be disabled. Anything can be bypassed. Park 2 cars beside each other and you can bet the one without the security devices is the one likely to go missing.

It's not rocket science. They help. If someone wants your ride they are going to take it no matter what you do or have. It's called a towtruck.

It's all about making it less of a target.

If you don't like the Club don't tell me. Why don't you phone or email the makers of the Club and tell them your thoughts.

This thread is if anyone has one they don't use or don't need anymore. It's not a debate about car security.

nosegrindR
03-30-2004, 11:28 AM
the ultimate solution here is obvious.

1. get a 2 way alarm installed in your car,
2. when you car's being jacked, the alarm will page you,
3. when you get that page, grab your baseball bat OR the club that you never use
4. beat object until desired softness

sputnik
03-30-2004, 11:51 AM
The Club isnt a bad idea.

Not to mention that The Club comes with its one insurance policy that if The Club is on the car when it gets stolen you are covered for up to $50,000 or something like that.

Some cars (beaters like mine) just arent worth putting an alarm into, and cheap alarms are easy to disable with a certain amount of know how. The Club just prevents some kid from taking your car for a random joy ride. Think of how many people would take a car with a wheel boot on it for a joyride.

Its worth the $50.

JDMAE86
03-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Dan,

Just give up, no one understands what your really looking for?:dunno:
It's pretty simple he wants a used club, not everyones opinion.
I think I have one in my shed somewhere, Ill have a look at get back to you.

Greg

Phuqu
03-30-2004, 10:51 PM
Thanks Greg.

Is it really that difficult to post a WTB ad??? :D

JordanLotoski
03-30-2004, 11:13 PM
man u can go your entire life worrying about stoopid shit like this man......that what insurance is for

Strider
03-30-2004, 11:41 PM
a brand new one is $25 at hbc.com
i dunno how much cheaper you want a used one for

Phuqu
03-31-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by SIRCANADA
man u can go your entire life worrying about stoopid shit like this man......that what insurance is for

What is it I'm worrying about?

I'm asking if anyone has a used Club. I didn't ask for anybodys opinion of it but since everyone is giving one I am enjoying the mindless responses.

Now what is insurance for????

Do tell.

It sure doesn't cover the time lost when you find your car/stereo/stuff missing or the hassles of running around getting quotes and other stuff.

I'll use my insurance when I feel I need to.

Sure you get your stuff replaced but if they only break your window and steal your stereo do you think a $500 deductible is worth making a claim.

I don't.

That's why I am looking for another Club. Never had a problem having a Club in my Jeep.

Having them move on to the next vehicle is good enough for me.

Let's hope it's yours.

Hate the Club or not. It works to deter. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Sky
03-31-2004, 02:16 AM
I got a Red CLUB LX regular size, the one that locks without the keys. these go for about 60 bux new...so 30 sounds good?

Phuqu
04-01-2004, 10:36 AM
BOUGHT!