PDA

View Full Version : Power stop drilled and slotted rotors

rollinv4l
08-19-2019, 10:16 AM
I am wondering I am looking at getting my brakes done on my car, was looking at the Power stop drilled and slotted rotors along with the power stop brake pads will this be pretty good for daily driving

BavarianBeast
08-19-2019, 10:19 AM
Yes

rollinv4l
08-19-2019, 10:24 AM
And will they provide better braking then new factory oem blank rotors and factory pads

dj_rice
08-19-2019, 10:32 AM
Maybe? Probably? What does the website say?

revelations
08-19-2019, 10:38 AM
And will they provide better braking then new factory oem blank rotors and factory pads

Depends? Are you running into issues now with braking performance?

ExtraSlow
08-19-2019, 10:42 AM
OP, you don't say what vehicle, you don't say what issues you had with the factory parts, and you don't say if performance or cost is your primary decision factor. Basically, you haven't given anyone enough information to even start helping you. I rate your post 1/10 and urge you to do better.

rollinv4l
08-19-2019, 10:57 AM
Sorry the car is a 2013 Chevrolet impala car is daily driven and factory brakes are coming to an end that is why I am looking at replacing them also a lot of people say the brakes are undersized for the size of the car

ExtraSlow
08-19-2019, 10:59 AM
Sorry the car is a 2013 Chevrolet impala car is daily driven and factory brakes are coming to an end that is why I am looking at replacing them also a lot of people say the brakes are undersized for the size of the car
Thanks. Keep in mind, for daily driver street use, drilled and slotted aren't going to make much difference in feel or stopping distance. That's going to be controlled by the pad type/compound.

rollinv4l
08-19-2019, 11:07 AM
This is what they say the pads are made from Z23 Carbon-Fiber Ceramic formula for superior braking power

revelations
08-19-2019, 11:16 AM
This is what they say the pads are made from Z23 Carbon-Fiber Ceramic formula for superior braking power

You can have all the best brakes in the world, but if you are driving on OEM all season tires, the max grip from the brakes will mean nothing. Its an Impala, not a C63 AMG.

Also, its a tradeoff with regards to brake performance at cold (street) temps/brake dust/brake pad wear or disc

EDIT - yes, American cars (and trucks) seem to come with small swept areas on the discs. Upgrading to slightly bigger discs would help in long term - if its possible (not all cars have clearance).

killramos
08-19-2019, 11:18 AM
Can the current brakes lock up the tires?

If so better brakes won’t make you stop faster. They might be smoother, feel better, give you more control, maybe handle heat better on the track. But not stop faster.

Considering your other thread, if you want to stop faster spend the money on better tires rather than brakes...

ThePenIsMightier
08-19-2019, 11:18 PM

Should likely be slightly better as long as you don't buy the cheapest pads.
I've noticed an awkward 0.1-0.25 seconds of poor bite during heavy rain since switching to drilled & slotted.