PDA

View Full Version : Question Re: Insurance...

Nufy
09-03-2019, 07:48 PM
If I have three vehicles in my household and three registered drivers.

Does each vehicle need primary driver even if I will be driving both.

My wife has a car and I have my truck. I am picking up a second car for myself but my son may be driving occasionally.

TD tells me I have to list him as the primary driver on the car even though he will be an occasional driver.

This of course increases my premiums as he is 19.

Is it bs TD policy or industry norm ??

Thanks.

ExtraSlow
09-03-2019, 07:49 PM
Industry norm. Only way around this is to have him as a primary driver on his own policy.

Thaco
09-03-2019, 08:04 PM
yep, must be primary, going through this with my kid too.

Gotta be a separate vehicle on a separate policy, even that's kinda grey area.

Nufy
09-03-2019, 08:33 PM
I have two vehicles on one policy. Ones that I own.

Wife's lease is on a separate one for some reason.

Anything for extra $$$ i suppose.

killramos
09-03-2019, 08:52 PM
My wife’s lease is also on a separate policy. Just the way it works.

My other three vehicles are all listed with me as primary driver on a second policy, even though I never drive my wife’s mustang. Just a weird convention.

Thaco
09-03-2019, 08:59 PM
My wife’s lease is also on a separate policy. Just the way it works.

My other three vehicles are all listed with me as primary driver on a second policy, even though I never drive my wife’s mustang. Just a weird convention.

you should probably talk to your insurance company or broker and have that fixed, guaranteed if you ever have a substantial claim they'll send a PI and find out that you're not the primary drive as listed and she's more than occasion and deny your claim

killramos
09-03-2019, 09:06 PM
you should probably talk to your insurance company or broker and have that fixed, guaranteed if you ever have a substantial claim they'll send a PI and find out that you're not the primary drive as listed and she's more than occasion and deny your claim

They are thoroughly aware, this was the way they wanted to underwrite it. We are both listed on all the cars across both policies.

Send a PI all they want, my phone calls with my insurance company are all recorded.

Xtrema
09-04-2019, 07:45 AM
Industry norm. Only way around this is to have him as a primary driver on his own policy.

Or kick him out of the house. :D

ExtraSlow
09-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Or kick him out of the house. :D

Well that saves on a lot more than just insurance.