PDA

View Full Version : Jeep auto shop - Calgary

shakalaka
09-04-2019, 10:19 AM
So I was looking for some recommendations on shops in Calgary that can install a couple of parts on my Jeep. I need a 52” LED bar installed and a set of aftermarket fender flares w/ using the stock fender liner (I understand it needs cutting).

I was planning to do it myself but don’t quite have the time in the recent future so thought I can call around to see perhaps a shop can do it at a decent cost.

I called 4 wheel parts in Edmonton and they want $450 to just install the LED bar. That to me sounds ridiculous considering the parts themselves cost $150 and the DIY videos make it seem like less than 2 hours job. Another shop that I had other work done at quoted similar.

I am gonna be in Calgary this weekend and have Saturday free so was hoping to get it done there if possible. Thanks for the recommendations. If you guys know the costs involved feel free to chime in but I can always get a quote on the phone when I call to book an appointment.

Brent.ff
09-04-2019, 10:42 AM
Broken Axle should be the guys

Tik-Tok
09-04-2019, 12:36 PM
If it looks like a 2 hour job, it's probably 3 hours, so at the average shop rate these days, $400+ is reasonable.

If it's that easy, just DIY :dunno:

shakalaka
09-04-2019, 01:11 PM
Honestly I said 2 hours for me with 0 skills and not being a DIY person. For an expert it should take no longer than an hour. I figured out of half of it but then had to remove it all once I got stuck at the bracket stage and felt that the hardware may have been missing some pieces. If I don't find a place then of course I will give it another shot.

With the fenders now too it'll be an entire day's affair for me at my skill level - haha.

If someone on here has the know how and wants to spend the day with me on Saturday please feel free to give me a shout. I am happy to compensate you for your time w/ $ or beers etc. Otherwise I will call Broken Axle and talk to them to get an idea.

Thanks