PDA

View Full Version : Bianca Andreescu

Buster
09-05-2019, 09:39 PM
OMG, I love her! I have been watching her for a year or so, and she's been amazing. Now to the Finals!

ExtraSlow
09-05-2019, 11:53 PM
Watched her match tonight from a bar in OKC. People were super confused when I clapped and cheered. Apparently the packers bears game was in commercial at that point.

Disoblige
09-06-2019, 08:43 AM
She is a beast. One of the best comebacks I have seen.

Bencic honestly screwed herself from the lack of mental IQ. Could not adapt to the pressure/environment and let it get to her.

BigDL
09-06-2019, 09:01 AM
Bencic honestly screwed herself from the lack of mental IQ. Could not adapt to the pressure/environment and let it get to her.

The crowd tilted her for sure. I am not a tennis fan but that was fun to watch last night.

ThePenIsMightier
09-06-2019, 09:11 AM
Will this be against the Williams that had the childish, hissy fit, meltdown in some tournament final within the last year, or so? She called the Chair Umpire a thief or something and then was #triggered when he penalized her for that?
Fuck her. Completely fuck her.
She ruined that incredible young girl's championship who was fully beating her ass, anyway. That was her true colours and some Sean Avery level of sportsmanship.
I hope she gets absolutely decimated.
Go Bianca, GO!!

Buster
09-06-2019, 09:22 AM
ya, that was Serena. Then she claimed sexism.

Disoblige
09-06-2019, 09:49 AM
Meh. Serena made a mistake but she apologized personally to Osaka for it. Both immediately after the match and a little after reflection of her actions.

If there is anyone to blame more, blame the stupid coach who was coaching on the sidelines even if the player didn't see. They should have known better and I always thought Serena's coach was a douchebag. He should have taken more of the heat over Serena but he was a big fucking pussy. You would think a coach of someone of Serena's calibre would be more of a respectable nature.

By the way, Venus' coach also had been caught coaching on the side too.

Buster
09-06-2019, 12:58 PM
Naw man, Serena doubled down on her nonsense and turned the entire thing into an SJW/woke nonsense.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/sep/09/serena-williams-accuses-officials-of-sexism-and-vows-to-fight-for-women

lasimmon
09-06-2019, 01:24 PM
Took Bianca at 22 to 1 to win the tourney. Don't really feel she has a chance though.

ThePenIsMightier
09-06-2019, 02:43 PM
Naw man, Serena doubled down on her nonsense and turned the entire thing into an SJW/woke nonsense.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/sep/09/serena-williams-accuses-officials-of-sexism-and-vows-to-fight-for-women

^This!!
Without apologizing and acknowledging her ludicrous behaviour before the trophy was presented, she's dead to me.
"I did my best and it wasn't good enough. She beat me, period" was all it would've taken.

rage2
09-07-2019, 03:11 PM
Serena’s falling apart here.

Disoblige
09-07-2019, 03:31 PM
GG Serena

dirtsniffer
09-07-2019, 03:40 PM
Shhh

rage2
09-07-2019, 03:47 PM
Championship point with a 5-1 lead, and now this haha. Talk about cracking under pressure.

Disoblige
09-07-2019, 04:01 PM
Wow I'm so happy for her. Amazing.

rage2
09-07-2019, 04:02 PM
Good comeback attempt. That was a fun watch. Serena rocking a nice AP haha.

ThePenIsMightier
09-07-2019, 04:18 PM
OmG, she won?!!??
And she's Canadian???!
THIS IS SO COOL!! I wish I realized Bianca was Canadian and I would've watched! I'm out here mowing lawn like a sucker...
Good for her, and again, go fuck yourself, Serena!

Team_Mclaren
09-07-2019, 10:16 PM
fuck Serena , shes a bigger cry baby than Crosby.
Great match by Andresscu, Serena cracked underpressure for sure.

ExtraSlow
09-08-2019, 06:51 AM
I think fatigue was a bigger factor for Williams. She's fucking OLD and she's even though she's incredibly strong, she's not a small lady. Combine that with a few injuries over her career and it takes a lot of energy to get her around the court. I'd say all those errors were more because she was exhausted.

Keep in mind she's been a pro as long as Bianca has been alive. What she's done in her career is incredible and I think she has earned some credit and respect.

Still happy Bianca won, she's so much fun to watch.

370Z
09-08-2019, 08:29 AM
I think fatigue was a bigger factor for Williams. She's fucking OLD and she's even though she's incredibly strong, she's not a small lady. Combine that with a few injuries over her career and it takes a lot of energy to get her around the court. I'd say all those errors were more because she was exhausted.

Keep in mind she's been a pro as long as Bianca has been alive. What she's done in her career is incredible and I think she has earned some credit and respect.

Still happy Bianca won, she's so much fun to watch.

No doubt... but she's still good enough to make it all the way to finals. She's just simply not as good as she once was and Bianca is. Can't take away from Bianca....Serena is still good enough to be number 2 in the world.

Xtrema
09-08-2019, 11:57 AM
No doubt... but she's still good enough to make it all the way to finals. She's just simply not as good as she once was and Bianca is. Can't take away from Bianca....Serena is still good enough to be number 2 in the world.

Not only she's 37, she also pop a kid out like less than 2 years ago. That's still an accomplishment.

But damn, it's fun watching Bianca play. I hope she stay focus instead of trying to be Insta star like Genie.

R!zz0
09-08-2019, 01:21 PM

Swank
09-09-2019, 10:20 AM
Took Bianca at 22 to 1 to win the tourney. Don't really feel she has a chance though.

You must be all smiles now, hopefully you bet the farm :clap:

colinxx235
09-09-2019, 12:15 PM
OmG, she won?!!??
And she's Canadian???!
THIS IS SO COOL!! I wish I realized Bianca was Canadian and I would've watched! I'm out here mowing lawn like a sucker...
Good for her, and again, go fuck yourself, Serena!

You talk a lot of shit on Serena in your few posts and yet you don't even know that Bianca is Canadian? I am guessing you don't watch or follow a whole lot of tennis?

The amount of crap that Serena has had to put up with in her career and done what she has, is unbelievable. She isn't the first person to lose her cool in a huge moment on the court directed at the officials, and she will not be the last. She is the greatest female tennis player of all time and try not to let a moment in a single event overshadow everything she has done for the last 20ish years.

ThePenIsMightier
09-09-2019, 12:25 PM
You talk a lot of shit on Serena in your few posts and yet you don't even know that Bianca is Canadian? I am guessing you don't watch or follow a whole lot of tennis?

The amount of crap that Serena has had to put up with in her career and done what she has, is unbelievable. She isn't the first person to lose her cool in a huge moment on the court directed at the officials, and she will not be the last. She is the greatest female tennis player of all time and try not to let a moment in a single event overshadow everything she has done for the last 20ish years.

Yep. Obviously I am not claiming to be a tennis expert. I don't feel it takes a sport-specific expertise to say something like "Good at sport, terrible at sportsmanship."

Buster
09-09-2019, 12:46 PM

Serena isn't the first all-time, all-world athlete that has a bad attitude.

And it wasn't just a moment on the court, it's a consistent sense of poor sportsmanship and entitlement. Very unlike-able person.

colinxx235
09-09-2019, 01:01 PM

And it wasn't just a moment on the court, it's a consistent sense of poor sportsmanship and entitlement. Very unlike-able person.

Well what kind of attitude do you expect from someone who is the best ever at her sport, but she constantly gets put down to the men. Whether it is comments from announcers, officials, tournament board, the ATP/WTA, less pay, playing on lower end stadiums etc etc.
She has dealt with tons of racist issues over her years too which is a huge factor of her attitude.

I can only count a few times where she hasn't lost with grace, I can also say the same of the big 3 on the mens side (while not to the level of the Osaka incident last year).

I'm not some Serena huge fan or anything either, but I definitely respect what she has meant to womens/AA tennis community.

Buster
09-09-2019, 01:24 PM
Well, she is the best ever *woman* tennis player. Which is a big distinction and goes a long way to explain the stadiums, the pay, etc. This is the women's soccer issue all over again.

I didn't even like her comments a few days ago after losing to Bianca.

ibeast
09-09-2019, 01:36 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this was a joke

dirtsniffer
09-09-2019, 01:51 PM
Well what kind of attitude do you expect from someone who is the best ever at her sport, but she constantly gets put down to the men. Whether it is comments from announcers, officials, tournament board, the ATP/WTA, less pay, playing on lower end stadiums etc etc.
She has dealt with tons of racist issues over her years too which is a huge factor of her attitude.

I can only count a few times where she hasn't lost with grace, I can also say the same of the big 3 on the mens side (while not to the level of the Osaka incident last year).

I'm not some Serena huge fan or anything either, but I definitely respect what she has meant to womens/AA tennis community.

I'm pretty sure the womens prize money is the same as the mens for the same tournament level.

lasimmon
09-09-2019, 01:52 PM
The woman get paid the same in big tournies like the grand slams as an FYI.

dirtsniffer
09-09-2019, 01:56 PM
There is a reason I am putting my daughter in tennis lessons as soon as she can swing a racket. Maybe golf too haha.

Buster
09-09-2019, 02:02 PM
The woman get paid the same in big tournies like the grand slams as an FYI.

Endorsement deals are the big money

rage2
09-09-2019, 02:23 PM
There is a reason I am putting my daughter in tennis lessons as soon as she can swing a racket. Maybe golf too haha.
As with any pro sports, you're going to go broke hiring coaching to get to any meaningful level. The top level coaching gets pretty ridiculous, talking about $15-20k USD a month haha. Even before looking at pro levels, for competitive levels of coaching, it's like $5k USD a month in a shared setting.

Crazy shit.

colinxx235
09-09-2019, 02:54 PM
I'm pretty sure the womens prize money is the same as the mens for the same tournament level.

The slams are very similar now, and tournaments have started to catch up. For a long time it was a bad disparity, or showing up at tournaments and the top seeds would be playing almost on practice courts while mediocre guys were in the main ones. That has changed a significant amount in the last decade. I would credit a lot of that to the Williams sisters and some of the other mainstays. But Serena has been the most consistent and feared on the tour so she carries a lot of it.

If you want to shit on a player the way some people are talking, maybe aim it at someone like Krygios or Tomic.

I roll my eyes at the women soccer debate, I am not comparing that at all. The numbers speak for themselves. As a pro women if you're a top tennis/golfer you make bank. Hockey, Soccer, WNBA etc... well... not so much, and anyone who argues that the men counter parts should split revenue :rofl::rofl::rofl:

lasimmon
09-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Endorsement deals are the big money

Your right. Nadal made a whopping $1 million more than Serena (who has only played limited amount this year).

ibeast
09-09-2019, 03:24 PM
The slams are very similar now, and tournaments have started to catch up. For a long time it was a bad disparity, or showing up at tournaments and the top seeds would be playing almost on practice courts while mediocre guys were in the main ones. That has changed a significant amount in the last decade. I would credit a lot of that to the Williams sisters and some of the other mainstays. But Serena has been the most consistent and feared on the tour so she carries a lot of it.

If you want to shit on a player the way some people are talking, maybe aim it at someone like Krygios or Tomic.

I roll my eyes at the women soccer debate, I am not comparing that at all. The numbers speak for themselves. As a pro women if you're a top tennis/golfer you make bank. Hockey, Soccer, WNBA etc... well... not so much, and anyone who argues that the men counter parts should split revenue :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I dont think the soccer argument is about the men splitting revenue. Its about the women generating as much money as the men but getting paid less by US soccer. At least that is how I understand it.

Buster
09-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Mens pro sports vastly outstrip women's revenues. Yes that includes soccer.

ibeast
09-09-2019, 03:58 PM
I am well aware of that. I am talking specifically the Womens National team compared to the Mens National team. Not whatever domestic/international club teams they are playing on.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-womens-soccer-games-out-earned-mens-games-low-pay-2019-6

lasimmon
09-09-2019, 03:59 PM
I dont think the soccer argument is about the men splitting revenue. Its about the women generating as much money as the men but getting paid less by US soccer. At least that is how I understand it.

Its moreso that the USWNT generates more revenue inside the US than the mens team does. However the payments get generated by the federations a lot and those see significant more revenue on the mens side. That is one case that is an interesting one to be made.

JRSC00LUDE
09-09-2019, 04:15 PM
As with any pro sports, you're going to go broke hiring coaching to get to any meaningful level. The top level coaching gets pretty ridiculous, talking about $15-20k USD a month haha. Even before looking at pro levels, for competitive levels of coaching, it's like $5k USD a month in a shared setting.

Crazy shit.

Gotta keep that country club living, yacht driving image alive in one of the old rich men sports! :rofl:

Team_Mclaren
09-09-2019, 04:36 PM

^^ THIS!

look at last year's US OPEN. What excuse did she have? She's black? she's female? Osaka was the same.

Buster
09-09-2019, 04:43 PM
I am well aware of that. I am talking specifically the Womens National team compared to the Mens National team. Not whatever domestic/international club teams they are playing on.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-womens-soccer-games-out-earned-mens-games-low-pay-2019-6

Not so simple. Thats talking about prize money. The men's team generates more revenue for their games played...they just can't capture all of that revenue in prize money unless they win. But each us men's game generates more overall revenue than a woman's game.

Important distinction.

ibeast
09-09-2019, 04:57 PM
^^ THIS!

look at last year's US OPEN. What excuse did she have? She's black? she's female? Osaka was the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCm3BemDlj8

She seemed pretty gracious in the post match interview, giving all credit to Osaka. I try not to judge athletes for reactions in game. Overall Serena has been nothing but amazing for tennis

- - - Updated - - -

Not so simple. Thats talking about prize money. The men's team generates more revenue for their games played...they just can't capture all of that revenue in prize money unless they win. But each us men's game generates more overall revenue than a woman's game.

Important distinction.

Yeah but then there should also be some back-pay if at the end of the year with prize money they are generating as much money.

dirtsniffer
09-09-2019, 05:23 PM

Crazy shit.

welp. hopefully she is smart. gotta pay for college somehow.

speedog
09-09-2019, 06:43 PM
Or she just could take the $3.8 million payout and walk away but we all know that is not going to happen.

colinxx235
09-10-2019, 08:32 AM
^^ THIS!

Yah Osaka is definitely black... :rolleyes:

I'm not defending what Serena did last year, she has come out multiple times now to apologize saying it was one of the worst/selfish things she has ever done. Stated how much she regretted it and the negative effects it had on her mentality, said she ended up seeking therapy and has tried multiple times to make it up to Osaka. Shit happens, least she has shown remorse for it almost instantly.

But no point in arguing with a bunch of occasional fans who probably don't tune into the sport very often and just read major headlines.

Team_Mclaren
09-10-2019, 08:44 AM

I'm not defending what Serena did last year, she has come out multiple times now to apologize saying it was one of the worst/selfish things she has ever done. Stated how much she regretted it and the negative effects it had on her mentality, said she ended up seeking therapy and has tried multiple times to make it up to Osaka. Shit happens, least she has shown remorse for it almost instantly.

But no point in arguing with a bunch of occasional fans who probably don't tune into the sport very often and just read major headlines.

Naomi Osaka isnt black??? as a "non-occasional fan", you sure know what you are talking about... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

killramos
09-10-2019, 08:45 AM
I’m actually surprised the endorsement money isn’t way better for women in tennis than men.

There has to be way more money in selling women tennis skirts than selling men colourful fuzzy bracelets.

Also big lol for how worked up people are getting about a women’s tennis game. You guys know football season has started right?

rage2
09-10-2019, 08:46 AM
Naomi Osaka isnt black??? as a "non-occasional fan", you sure know what you are talking about... :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Hahaha

Swank
09-10-2019, 09:10 AM
Also big lol for how worked up people are getting about a women’s tennis game.

Bandwagon mentality with a dash of patriotism, Toronto Raptors ring a bell?

Buster
09-10-2019, 09:19 AM

lol...have you ever heard Osaka actually talk about her ethnicity? It drives her nuts that people ignore her black heritage in favor of her Japanese heritage.

Also, Serena's asshole behaviour is not isolated to last year's US Open. She's been fined and put on probation/fined numerous times over the years. She was still talking sexism nonsense as an excuse for her behaviour recently.

She's been a fabulous tennis player over the years. But she's an asshole.

ibeast
09-10-2019, 09:20 AM
Bandwagon mentality with a dash of patriotism, Toronto Raptors ring a bell?

Raptors never made sense to me. Cheer for a Canadian team with all Americans and a star player who is leaving the first chance he gets. I’m sure it ruined it for the actual fans who were there for the bad years.

colinxx235
09-10-2019, 09:23 AM

Yes I'm aware she is half haitian, when I look at her she looks very Asian to me. nice ninja edit though

Bet she hasn't spend two decades getting called N bombs all over the world at tournaments like the Williams sisters did. Or the harassment over her curves/body type.

lilmira
09-10-2019, 09:40 AM
I don't get the n word. Black people use it like they are proud of it. It's an automatic no no when it's used by other people. I get it that's derogatory. Stop using it then. You don't see Asians calling themselves chinks or gooks for fun. What other people use derogatory terms on themselve like a badge of honour? :dunno:

I'm sorry. We can go back to the regular program now.

Chester
09-10-2019, 09:42 AM
I don't get the n word. Black people use it like they are proud of it. It's an automatic no no when it's used by other people. I get it that's derogatory. Stop using it then. You don't see Asians calling themselves chinks or gooks for fun. What other people use derogatory terms on themselve like a badge of honour? :dunno:

I'm sorry. We can go back to the regular program now.

Yup all black people toss the n-word around, we're all the same. Ignorant. :facepalm:

Edit: You obviously have no black friends lol

lilmira
09-10-2019, 09:49 AM
That's not what I meant at all. Let's save it for some other time.

Chester
09-10-2019, 09:52 AM
That's not what I meant at all. Let's save it for some other time.

That was pretty fuckin clear. No hidden message there.

Buster
09-10-2019, 09:57 AM
Yes I'm aware she is half haitian, when I look at her she looks very Asian to me. nice ninja edit though

Bet she hasn't spend two decades getting called N bombs all over the world at tournaments like the Williams sisters did. Or the harassment over her curves/body type.

She's had sponsors apologize to her for pretending she isn't black. It seems that you don't think that is racism based on your post, but that's a pretty nasty thing to have to deal with.

rage2
09-10-2019, 10:01 AM

She says she's faced racism before, she just doesn't whine about it.

Buster
09-10-2019, 10:09 AM
She says she's faced racism before, she just doesn't whine about it.

Mixed-race people do not face racism. They are accepted by everyone!