PDA

View Full Version : Best Calgary (or Edm) Wrecking Yard for Rims?

masoncgy
09-13-2019, 02:14 PM
Looking for recommendations for the best wrecking yard or other type business that I can find a replacement rim for our Expedition. I need one 20" rim to replace one of mine that has a crack in it... apparently there's a shop in Edmonton that can repair it, but might be cheaper and easier to just get another rim from a wrecking yard.

Thanks!

BerserkerCatSplat
09-13-2019, 02:15 PM
Did you check car-part.com? It's far from exhaustive but it can get you started.

masoncgy
09-13-2019, 02:30 PM
Did you check car-part.com? It's far from exhaustive but it can get you started.

Awesome, never knew of that site, thanks I will start there.

mr2mike
09-13-2019, 02:32 PM
How's shipping off that site?
Since Greyhound is now gone I haven't used them.
How are most shipping larger stuff?

BerserkerCatSplat
09-13-2019, 02:38 PM
How's shipping off that site?
Since Greyhound is now gone I haven't used them.
How are most shipping larger stuff?

It's not a site where you can buy parts as far as I know, it just tells you what local yards have the part you're looking for and how to contact them.

dj_rice
09-13-2019, 03:35 PM
It's not a site where you can buy parts as far as I know, it just tells you what local yards have the part you're looking for and how to contact them.

Correct. Lists all the junk yards, and then up to you to call and inquire on pricing/ship out. I use this website alot for the used car dept when they too cheap to buy a new part for a used cars.

mr2mike
09-13-2019, 04:17 PM
And what's the typical / cheapest way that most like to ship?

bjstare
09-13-2019, 06:12 PM
There's a place on 41ave NE that sells factory take off wheels.
My dad got a set of factory wheels for his 350 platinum that were a fraction of the dealer price. I'll update if I can find the name.

Thaco
09-13-2019, 06:55 PM
There's a place on 41ave NE that sells factory take off wheels.
My dad got a set of factory wheels for his 350 platinum that were a fraction of the dealer price. I'll update if I can find the name.

probably A&V auto parts, its a scrapper

bjstare
09-14-2019, 08:42 AM
probably A&V auto parts, its a scrapper

That is nowhere near 41 ave :rofl:

The place I was talking about is: https://www.kijiji.ca/o-trax-performance-ltd/1007816985/1?referral=cas
Looks like they only have a couple sets of rims right now. But it might be worth calling the to see if they'll source something for you. I think my dad paid ~1000 for a full set of the 20" platinum wheels, they were brand new taken off a truck before it left the lot.

Thaco
09-14-2019, 08:46 AM
That is nowhere near 41 ave :rofl:

The place I was talking about is: https://www.kijiji.ca/o-trax-performance-ltd/1007816985/1?referral=cas
Looks like they only have a couple sets of rims right now. But it might be worth calling the to see if they'll source something for you. I think my dad paid ~1000 for a full set of the 20" platinum wheels, they were brand new taken off a truck before it left the lot.

yeah its 41 street, my bad, but they do have a good selection of used rims.