PDA

View Full Version : Who buys used office furniture?

ExtraSlow
09-20-2019, 11:44 AM
No idea what subforum this should go in. Mods move if needed.

Looking for someone who buys used office furniture. My work is moving to a furnished space and we have six office suites we need to get rid of. I assume they aren't worth a lot. Need someone who will pick it all up and not be a hassle to deal with.

I heard buds went out of business.
I can google or whatever, but reccommentions requested.

JfuckinC
09-20-2019, 11:46 AM
try allsold.ca just over between blackfoot and macleod.

Thaco
09-20-2019, 11:58 AM
most places will charge more to disassemble and move than they're worth, you're best off to just post on kijiji and tell people they have to disassemble and move themselves within a given timeframe.

ExtraSlow
09-20-2019, 01:07 PM
well, submitted a request for quote to Premiere as well as Allsold. We have nowhere to store this stuff even if we wanted to move it ourselves. it's probably a moving truck full. Or about 10 pickup trucks worth if hacks like me were dealing with it.

Anywhere else I should be calling?

JfuckinC
09-20-2019, 01:21 PM
well, submitted a request for quote to Premiere as well as Allsold. We have nowhere to store this stuff even if we wanted to move it ourselves. it's probably a moving truck full. Or about 10 pickup trucks worth if hacks like me were dealing with it.

Anywhere else I should be calling?

http://www.officemove.ca/

These guys too

ExtraSlow
09-20-2019, 02:08 PM
http://www.officemove.ca/

These guys too

They don't fuck around, they have already gotten back to me! I expect an estimate Monday.

BavarianBeast
09-20-2019, 02:56 PM
Damnit, I just spent ton of money furnishing three 12x60s on Monday. Wish I knew 4 days ago!

If you still have them in a couple months, likely have another project firing up that would need about 6 work stations set up.

JfuckinC
09-20-2019, 03:06 PM
They don't fuck around, they have already gotten back to me! I expect an estimate Monday.

i've bought some stuff for my office from them, they were always pretty prompt. Same with Premier.

R-Audi
09-20-2019, 03:06 PM
Pictures? I might be able to use some desks in our office...

As others have mentioned, the used furniture market is pretty bleak, often costs more to move than its worth. (From one location to another and any assembly its around $400/suite)

spikerS
09-20-2019, 03:15 PM
Got any chairs you are willing to part out? My office chair is pretty much dead and I need a replacement pretty quickly.

rage2
09-20-2019, 03:21 PM
Damnit, I just spent ton of money furnishing three 12x60s on Monday. Wish I knew 4 days ago!

If you still have them in a couple months, likely have another project firing up that would need about 6 work stations set up.
I have an office full of furniture that I think might be available. We're moving in Dec/Jan. It's vintage stuff tho ranging from 10-15 years old haha.

ExtraSlow
09-20-2019, 04:18 PM
Wow, I'll see what the quotes are like. It's not my own stuff so I don't want to spend a lot of effort for money I won't get to keep. Would be great if one crew and big truck could take it all in a single transaction.

schurchill39
09-23-2019, 06:54 AM
When we furnished our office companies were offering the suites for free you just had to pay the fees associated with it ie moving, elevator rental etc. It made it easy on the guys selling it and more cost effective for us buying it. I think it was a direct "sale" though from Husky and we sourced our own movers. I think we actually found them on kijiji to be honest with all of those stipulations listed.