PDA

View Full Version : What's the Scoop on Monthly/Yearly Parking Stalls DT Calgary?

never
09-24-2019, 12:56 PM
I haven't worked DT Calgary for about 14 years so I'm out of the loop. Anyone know of anything available that's decently priced with longer term contracts in/around the DT area?

jwslam
09-24-2019, 01:03 PM
There's enough lots that there's probably one a lot closer to you if you could provide which building / intersection.

https://cheapparkingcalgary.com/

Mitsu3000gt
09-24-2019, 01:09 PM
Anything decent, covered and cheap has been wait-listed for years based on my research. If you work on the outskirts though or if you don't mind a surface lot you might find something for relatively cheap. Good luck.

killramos
09-24-2019, 01:12 PM
I don’t know anywhere that does long term contracts in exchange for a cheaper rate.

That said, who has that kind of job security these says lol.

rage2
09-24-2019, 01:25 PM

jwslam
09-24-2019, 01:40 PM
red shirt and leather jacket
Before it gets asked by someone else: Pix?

BokCh0y
09-24-2019, 01:42 PM
Depends. Where you gonna be close to?

never
09-24-2019, 02:58 PM
Be in Suncor East...and keep it quiet BokCh0y! ;)

I don't mind a walk though...whenever I have meetings DT, I usually park at the west end of 9th even though most meetings are usually in the vicinity of TCE/Suncor/the Bow.

- - - Updated - - -

There's enough lots that there's probably one a lot closer to you if you could provide which building / intersection.

https://cheapparkingcalgary.com/

Thanks!

killramos
09-24-2019, 03:00 PM
I feel like parking in the Bow isn’t that bad monthly, I mean the building is empty lol

never
09-24-2019, 03:00 PM
I don’t know anywhere that does long term contracts in exchange for a cheaper rate.

That sucks...was hoping a longer commitment would pay off. But for now, I just want to do a comparison to see how motivated it'll make me commute via alternative means.

BokCh0y
09-24-2019, 03:07 PM
never

Don't worry big tit, i know the rules. I ain't no rat like your pal kevi hahaha.

I was gonna say a bunch of people park here:

LOT 243 – GARDEN TOWERS
Monthly Parking in West Downtown for $220. Early Bird Parking $12.
909 7th Avenue SW

Take the train to center street station and walk block or two.

rage2
09-24-2019, 03:11 PM
That sucks...was hoping a longer commitment would pay off. But for now, I just want to do a comparison to see how motivated it'll make me commute via alternative means.
What are your requirements and budget? Indoor/Outdoor? Connected to +15? Or just looking for the outright cheapest parking possible?

Before it gets asked by someone else: Pix?
Our CEO is a huge movie buff, even the company name is named after something out of Blade Runner. Anyways, my first time meeting him, he expected an interview, I thought I was meeting a friend of a friend to help him out in a pinch with some contract work, so I showed up looking like Benicio Del Toro from the usual suspects poster. Red shirt, leather jacket. Anyways here's your pic.

I was gonna say a bunch of people park here:

LOT 243 – GARDEN TOWERS
Monthly Parking in West Downtown for $220. Early Bird Parking $12.
909 7th Avenue SW

Take the train to center street station and walk block or two.
This is literally across from me, can see it out my office window. Covered parking, but it's ghetto. We have a few (cheap) ppl at work that park there, just don't keep valuables in sight. But it's a good deal, and you're safe from hail. Cross the street to the Sandman and you're in the main +15 network.

pheoxs
09-24-2019, 03:18 PM
Suncor dropped their rates recently by 75 a month but I don’t think its public though.

James short parkade is 445 a month I believe

lasimmon
09-24-2019, 03:19 PM
Be in Suncor East...and keep it quiet BokCh0y! ;)

I don't mind a walk though...whenever I have meetings DT, I usually park at the west end of 9th even though most meetings are usually in the vicinity of TCE/Suncor/the Bow.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

The Bow parkade (not to be confused with the bow building) is covered for $325 a month. Block away. Above ground open though so not heated.

Never seen any shady shit there and I can start my car from my office :dunno:

Anything in the area heated underground is $450+. At least when we looked. Wife is in Suncor and her company pays the parking.

01RedDX
09-24-2019, 04:17 PM

ercchry
09-24-2019, 04:18 PM
I hear one of the reserved stall parkades around suncor was something insane like $850/month!

Personally I don’t see the benefits of paying a premium just to sit in gridlock for 15min... beltline and +15 it for the 5-8min walk for way cheaper

bjstare
09-24-2019, 04:23 PM
Interesting to see how many fellow beyonders work/have offices at Suncor. I've probably seen some of you guys around. Creepy.

lasimmon
09-24-2019, 04:29 PM
I hear one of the reserved stall parkades around suncor was something insane like $850/month!

Personally I don’t see the benefits of paying a premium just to sit in gridlock for 15min... beltline and +15 it for the 5-8min walk for way cheaper

Depending where you park its just as quick for me to get to the bow parkade from the west end I bet. It takes me 23 mins door to desk if I leave before 7:00 am.

I don't pay the parking but how much cheaper is it in the beltline?

ercchry
09-24-2019, 04:53 PM
Depending where you park its just as quick for me to get to the bow parkade from the west end I bet. It takes me 23 mins door to desk if I leave before 7:00 am.

I don't pay the parking but how much cheaper is it in the beltline?

Yeah I guess if you start early... I start at 9 and it’s a substantial time savings to walk past say... 9th ave

The new heated parkade down near 8th st and 16th ave is $150/month... surface lots over by Victoria Park are sub $150... then of course people’s private condo stalls... sub $200 for heated underground too

R-Audi
09-24-2019, 04:59 PM
Thats a great deal for Suncor employees... I park in the building, but work across the street.

Bow Valley: $495 Unreserved, $585 Reserved
James Short: $445 Unreserved, $530 Reserved and now they have some VIP rate too.

msommers
09-24-2019, 06:23 PM

ExtraSlow
09-24-2019, 08:20 PM
87612You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to msommers again. I will always rep office space references.

never
09-24-2019, 11:11 PM
What are your requirements and budget? Indoor/Outdoor? Connected to +15? Or just looking for the outright cheapest parking possible?

Pretty flexible right now but it has been so long since I worked DT, maybe I’ll just feel things out for a bit before I sort anything out.

Thanks for all of the suggestions...have some options to look into.

ExtraSlow
10-30-2019, 09:10 AM
Suggestions near the bow?

killramos
10-30-2019, 09:14 AM
Suggestions near the bow?

393.75/Mo Unreserved is pretty good right in the bows parkade.

pheoxs
10-30-2019, 09:22 AM
I saw this one pop up on our internal classifieds if you are interested.

I have a 'reserved' premium parking space available in the Bow Building (3 stalls from the elevator!). The Bow has easy +15 access to the Suncor building and comes with evening/weekend parking access and in and out privledges. Cost is $420/month. Please email me if interested.

ExtraSlow
10-30-2019, 09:44 AM
Whats the cheapest outdoor bullshit in chinatown? The Impark website shows lowest is $350/mo. Anything else around centre street?

killramos
10-30-2019, 09:47 AM
I think bow parkade ( not actually at the bow ) is around 300. Outdoor but covered.

Few blocks walk but pretty easy ingress and egress.

pheoxs
10-30-2019, 09:49 AM
Whats the cheapest outdoor bullshit in chinatown? The Impark website shows lowest is $350/mo. Anything else around centre street?

One of my coworkers pays like 150$ a month for outdoor parking on the west edge of downtown by the last free downtown station and then just takes the train over. I can ask if you wanna do that but idk if its just a sublease as well as which direction you come from.

This one is 300 a month and is pretty close

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-storage-parking/calgary/heated-underground-parking-in-downtown-calgary/1466378250

lasimmon
10-30-2019, 09:49 AM
I think how parkade ( not actually at the bow ) is around 300. Outdoor but covered.

Few blocks walk but pretty easy ingress and egress.

I think you mean the Bow parkade at 6th ave 2nd street? We pay about $370 all in there I do believe for the south side. I think the North side is more.

killramos
10-30-2019, 10:12 AM
I think you mean the Bow parkade at 6th ave 2nd street? We pay about $370 all in there I do believe for the south side. I think the North side is more.

It’s gone up quite a bit then from when I parked there. Definitely used to pay ~300.

Good parkade though.

lasimmon
10-30-2019, 10:47 AM
It’s gone up quite a bit then from when I parked there. Definitely used to pay ~300.

Good parkade though.

I think its gone up $50 since we started parking there about a year ago I think. We don't pay the bill so don't pay too close attention though haha.

I can start my vehicle from my desk in Bow Valley. Its perfect.

flipstah
10-30-2019, 01:04 PM
393.75/Mo Unreserved is pretty good right in the bows parkade.

The Bow for $393.75/mth is cheap af. It used to be high $4xx a while ago.

bigbadboss101
10-30-2019, 08:38 PM
The bow is nice in the sense it's close to many of the businesses/offices. It's bright and the stall are relatively large. Not too many sketchy people hanging around. Price is good too. Not sure why people would pay the same or more in the outdoor impark lots across the street.

killramos
10-30-2019, 08:41 PM
Something to be said for big modern parkades. They also usually have lots of height for a typical ‘Berta spec truck (which I know Slow is partial to).

ExtraSlow
10-30-2019, 09:17 PM
Something to be said for big modern parkades. They also usually have lots of height for a typical ‘Berta spec truck (which I know Slow is partial to).
Word. Just need to decide if it's good value when I'm travelling so much, compared to bus and James short.

James shirt is only $22/day now, so that's lower than it used to be.

spikerS
10-30-2019, 10:53 PM
Word. Just need to decide if it's good value when I'm travelling so much, compared to bus and James short.

James shirt is only $22/day now, so that's lower than it used to be.

Yeah, I park at the short. its like 22.34 a day. But I only have to park there a few times a month, otherwise I work from home.

Where are you moving to? We can go for lunch if you are going to be in or around the Bow as I am basically in TELUS Sky.

ExtraSlow
10-31-2019, 08:20 AM
Hanover place, which has a +15 to telus sky once its complete.

R-Audi
10-31-2019, 09:25 AM
One thing I would be concerned with on JS is the security level. My company has an account there and in the last year several peoples vehicles have been broken into... compared with 0 at SEC or Bow Valley Square over a longer period.

hampstor
10-31-2019, 09:57 AM
I used to park at Lot 55 for $190/month.

It's a surface lot in east village - 1 block east of the city hall station (free fare zone). I used to park there and walk to SEC, or hop the train 1 stop when it was really cold. I used to park there and then walk to the dome for flames games, go to stampede, or visit the library as well.

I cancelled my parking back in March. When I parked there the lot itself isn't in the best condition (big pot holes), and there was talk about rezoning it to for some development. Not sure if it has changed much.

Cheap parking and reasonably good location though.

https://www.calgaryparking.com/findparking/lotlocations/lot55

pheoxs
10-31-2019, 10:44 AM
I used to park at Lot 55 for $190/month.

It's a surface lot in east village - 1 block east of the city hall station (free fare zone). I used to park there and walk to SEC, or hop the train 1 stop when it was really cold. I used to park there and then walk to the dome for flames games, go to stampede, or visit the library as well.

I cancelled my parking back in March. When I parked there the lot itself isn't in the best condition (big pot holes), and there was talk about rezoning it to for some development. Not sure if it has changed much.

Cheap parking and reasonably good location though.

https://www.calgaryparking.com/findparking/lotlocations/lot55

That's actually good to know. I might start driving downtown once a week so I don't have to run home and grab my car. Half the price of James Short and the walk is pretty minor

hampstor
10-31-2019, 11:18 AM
That's actually good to know. I might start driving downtown once a week so I don't have to run home and grab my car. Half the price of James Short and the walk is pretty minor

There's also a private lot nearby 1 block over that's attached to the Hostel (used to be impark, might be another operator now). Price fluctuates a lot more for that lot though. Monthly fees went from 150 - 220 - 160 over the span of 4-5 years. It's also a gravel lot.

Both lots are in EV so close to the DI centre. That might bother some people but it was really never an issue for me in the ~5 years I parked there.