D'z Nutz
09-30-2019, 12:16 AM
WHXxVmeGQUc

msommers
09-30-2019, 07:10 AM
I'm so stoked for this!

Manhattan
11-05-2019, 12:21 PM
Really ticked off this isn't getting a proper theatrical release. It's technically out now but only showing in very limited screens in the US. Cineplex refuses to screen any movies that will be available for online streaming within a 90 day window. Really hoping one of the independent theaters like Globe or Plaza picks this up. Just brutal.

rage2
11-05-2019, 12:49 PM
Really ticked off this isn't getting a proper theatrical release. It's technically out now but only showing in very limited screens in the US. Cineplex refuses to screen any movies that will be available for online streaming within a 90 day window. Really hoping one of the independent theaters like Globe or Plaza picks this up. Just brutal.
The gap in negotiations was 60 days (for the theater chains) while Netflix wants 30 or 45 days (their choice). Doesn't matter if small chains pick it up (in Calgary), it won't get the full AV experience at a chain theatre anyways.

From Netflix's perspective, they DGAF. The money is from the streaming subs, not deals with theatre chains. The only reason it's in independent theatres is for Oscar consideration, which requires an actual theatrical release, regardless how small.

Manhattan
11-05-2019, 03:28 PM
The gap in negotiations was 60 days (for the theater chains) while Netflix wants 30 or 45 days (their choice). Doesn't matter if small chains pick it up (in Calgary), it won't get the full AV experience at a chain theatre anyways.

From Netflix's perspective, they DGAF. The money is from the streaming subs, not deals with theatre chains. The only reason it's in independent theatres is for Oscar consideration, which requires an actual theatrical release, regardless how small.

Negotiation might be shorter in the US but Cineplex in Canada wants 90 days.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/netflix-irishman-streaming-theatrical-1.5261527

Either way it's a shame a Scorsese movie with all star cast can't get a proper theatrical release. I'd still prefer to see it at a small independent theater over all distractions at home.

rage2
11-27-2019, 10:32 PM
20 mins in, this is the best looking Netflix movie I’ve seen. If only the remastered goodfellas looked this good.

finboy
11-28-2019, 05:57 PM

Plaza is playing it

rage2
11-29-2019, 12:38 AM
Plaza is playing it
He did say proper theatrical release...

schurchill39
11-29-2019, 08:33 AM
I listen to Jim Norton and Sam Roberts on my drive in in the morning and Jim played a small role in it. There have been tons of callers calling in saying its an amazing movie. Its definitely on my watch list over the holidays.

finboy
11-29-2019, 11:46 AM
He did say proper theatrical release...

Plaza is the perfect theatre for it ;)

flipstah
11-30-2019, 10:21 PM
Hoffa hoffa

Xtrema
12-02-2019, 02:36 PM
I think they can easily cut this movie down to under 3hrs. May be even 2.5hrs. Or just release as a mini-series of 3x 1hr episodes if he really want to keep everything in.

flipstah
12-02-2019, 03:10 PM
Definitely a good movie to watch on the big screen. I wonder if it's really true.

dirtsniffer
12-02-2019, 03:19 PM
Deniro beating that guy outside the grocery store was hilarious. Poor old guy could barely fake the kicks. Should have used a stunt double.

Xtrema
12-02-2019, 03:20 PM
Deniro beating that guy outside the grocery store was hilarious. Poor old guy could barely fake the kicks. Should have used a stunt double.

I have a problem with the deaging. He's supposed to be in his 30s/40s but his demeanor is someone in 70s.

Looks young, moves old.

That scene is a wide shot anyway, could be done with a stunt double with face map and it probably won't look as odd.

finboy
12-02-2019, 04:31 PM
I have a problem with the deaging. He's supposed to be in his 30s/40s but his demeanor is someone in 70s.

Looks young, moves old.

That scene is a wide shot anyway, could be done with a stunt double with face map and it probably won't look as odd.

I found a few scenes like this a bit jilting too, al pachino had some moments that really showed it.

Misterman
12-02-2019, 04:54 PM
Definitely a good movie to watch on the big screen. I wonder if it's really true.

Seems pretty unlikely. You can look up a lot of information on this and the investigations around some of these murders.

This movie was way too slow going. And so much filler in it, they could have easily cut it down to a regular 2-2.5 hour movie.

CompletelyNumb
12-07-2019, 04:00 PM

That fight scene was worse than the Dolemite movie fight scenes

spikerS
12-07-2019, 05:14 PM

They did take quite a few liberties, but, any movie remake of "real-life events" will. Having said that, the main plot points are fairly accurate as far as the facts that are known and agreed to, but the FBI still hasn't found Hoffa's remains or confirmed that Sheeran was the killer despite Sheeran claiming to have killed his friend. It is a pretty interesting story to read and learn about.

ercchry
12-07-2019, 08:31 PM
Way too long for the theatre... would need an intermission!

Love the random Action Bronson cameo near the end :rofl:

03ozwhip
12-08-2019, 11:46 AM

I'm only half way through the movie right now, but that scene was so very noticeable, so bad that it was good lol

legendboy
12-08-2019, 02:41 PM
What an awesome Netflix movie. Frank confessed to killing him late in life but negative dna match from the blood on the wall.