PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing Car parts Out of province via Kijiji

JfuckinC
10-03-2019, 04:02 PM
Anyone done this? how do you make sure you're not going to get stiffed? Paypal?

Want something from Ontario, never done this before any insight appreciated. Already done some digging, ad's legit, guy selling emails from his work email and his info is in the signature haha, so it was easy to find info..

dj_rice
10-03-2019, 04:07 PM
Something about don't send the money as a gift on Paypal as you have no recourse that way.

revelations
10-03-2019, 04:35 PM
No there is no real recourse unless you use a 3rd party. I've SOLD items like this about 4x the last 5 years ok kijiji (car parts) - people are trusting and I believe in karma.

sabad66
10-03-2019, 04:49 PM
PayPal but make sure you use Goods and Services (not friends and family). There's a fee for the seller when you use G&S, but at least it protects both sides.

D'z Nutz
10-03-2019, 05:16 PM
I've bought and sold photography equipment, guitar gear, motorcycle parts, bicycle parts, and a bunch of other things and never had a problem. If their account and details check out, go for it.

03ozwhip
10-03-2019, 05:39 PM
I took a gamble and bought Disneyland tickets from.Ontario kijiji and it turned out legit. Saved $600. Due diligence is all you need, ask alot of questions and make sure they're good answers.

ThePenIsMightier
10-03-2019, 07:15 PM
Anyone done this? how do you make sure you're not going to get stiffed? Paypal?

Want something from Ontario, never done this before any insight appreciated. Already done some digging, ad's legit, guy selling emails from his work email and his info is in the signature haha, so it was easy to find info..

I wouldn't...
But... Consider if Seller is cool with sharing the risk. You pay 75% now and 25% after receipt, or something along those lines.
How much we talkin bout? Less than $1,000?

JfuckinC
10-03-2019, 07:43 PM
Canada post does “COD” charge on delivery, might just do that. Only costs $7.50 and their shipping is cheaper than UPS/FedEx

ThePenIsMightier
10-03-2019, 07:46 PM
Canada post does “COD” charge on delivery, might just do that. Only costs $7.50 and their shipping is cheaper than UPS/FedEx

Wow, that's a good idea!

90_Shelby
10-03-2019, 09:22 PM
I just bought winter tires and rims for my Jeep out of Ontario off of Kijiji. I got the guys full name and phone number, talked to him on the phone and googled him to get a feel for the guy. I then e-transferred him and he shipped them out. I definitely rolled the dice a bit but it worked out and I got a smokin’ deal on OEM wheels and like new Nokians just in time for the snow storm.

brucebanner
10-03-2019, 09:28 PM
Almost got burned buying raptors tickets but used PayPal, so I was able to get my money back after some back and forth.

Other than that, no experience. Due diligence like everyone has said would be most important.

mr2mike
10-04-2019, 07:37 AM
Ok tickets to sit with Drake or Mickey Mouse is a lot different than car parts. I find if they're older, collector cars, guys help you out and aren't out to screw you on a hard to find car part.

?????
10-04-2019, 08:30 AM
I've done it a few times via EMT but all the transactions have been under $1000. The one that was more I had a relative/friend go check it first and have them ship it to me if that's an option for you.

Reason I use EMT is because I feel the seller would be more willing to ship something out of province. But it does come at a higher risk for you.

If your gut tells you it's legitimate you should be fine. If you have ANY doubts then I would stay away.