PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna buy a Segway Max with me?

BensonTT
10-05-2019, 01:36 PM
I can pay for it upfront, just give me like a $500 deposit. 2 scooter for $1349USD plus shipping.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ninebot-max-ultimate-electric-scooter-by-segway#/

ExtraSlow
10-05-2019, 03:36 PM
How much would it cost to hack the lime scooter to work without the app?

samo147
10-06-2019, 11:56 AM
how much do you expect customs and taxes to be?

all in price for each?

BensonTT
10-06-2019, 12:22 PM
how much do you expect customs and taxes to be?

all in price for each?

I was told by Segway that there would be none but who knows..

AndyL
10-06-2019, 07:55 PM
You know if they're not bird or lime they're illegal in Calgary right? Private property use only. I've been bugging the high river town councelors about this...

pheoxs
10-06-2019, 08:04 PM
You know if they're not bird or lime they're illegal in Calgary right? Private property use only. I've been bugging the high river town councelors about this...

Do you honestly think anyone would care/notice though? Though if you got hurt that raise suspicion.

I’m interested in one but the pilot permission for scooters on sidewalks ends end of next year so unsure if it’d continue. That being said no one seems to ticket bikes on sidewalks anyways

Thaco
10-06-2019, 08:18 PM

legally, you can use them on pathways.

Realisically, it'll never be enforced, i drove my xiaomi m365 around quite a bit this summer right in front of cops, multiple times, and never had issues, saw a couple other m365's on the road too, also a nanobot. I'd be surprised if the cops even know the rules.

Thaco
10-06-2019, 08:21 PM
I can pay for it upfront, just give me like a $500 deposit. 2 scooter for $1349USD plus shipping.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ninebot-max-ultimate-electric-scooter-by-segway#/

somewhat interested, but i backed the eon scooter years ago and its still not shipped, they say this spring, but i am skeptical, is ninebot actually going to release/ship it soon?

pheoxs
10-06-2019, 08:36 PM
somewhat interested, but i backed the eon scooter years ago and its still not shipped, they say this spring, but i am skeptical, is ninebot actually going to release/ship it soon?

I’m confused by this indigo campaign. It says they ship like 3 months ago. Do they just keep sales open after the campaign ends?

Thaco
10-06-2019, 08:43 PM
yeah hey can, check the updates tab https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ninebot-max-ultimate-electric-scooter-by-segway#/updates/all

pheoxs
10-06-2019, 08:43 PM
yeah hey can, check the updates tab https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ninebot-max-ultimate-electric-scooter-by-segway#/updates/all

I know but Kickstarter campaigns usually end in a specified time. I guess this just stays open afterwards until whenever they want?

Thaco
10-06-2019, 08:46 PM
imma hold off til spring, no point in buying in october in this city, especially in such a quickly evolving industry

- - - Updated - - -

I know but Kickstarter campaigns usually end in a specified time. I guess this just stays open afterwards until whenever they want?

yeah they can keep it going all they want, just bigger fees so most of them create their own site after the launch

pheoxs
10-06-2019, 08:51 PM
There’s another one called a Boosted Rev that looks cool, albeit twice the price. Dual motors so it can go 25mph

Thaco
10-06-2019, 09:00 PM
There’s another one called a Boosted Rev that looks cool, albeit twice the price. Dual motors so it can go 25mph

the eon one i backed has lots of versions, some are dual motor crazy specs, if it ever ships

nanrobot are pretty cool too, but expensive

BensonTT
10-06-2019, 09:34 PM

I think US and a few other places got there scooters already so I think it should be ok.. pm me if you want to do it bro.. you can come to my house to give a deposit so you know where I live.

AndyL
10-08-2019, 02:13 PM
I'd be surprised if the cops even know the rules.

Oh they know them... At least the ones around me do. Neighbor got tagged for no insurance and impound and all those lovely fees because his Gio whatever ebike didn't have pedals with him (install them if you need them scooter style ebike).

The implementation and application of the rules is allover right now. Partly why I mentioned it, as long as you realize you may have it cracked down on at any point...

sabad66
10-08-2019, 02:56 PM
Oh they know them... At least the ones around me do. Neighbor got tagged for no insurance and impound and all those lovely fees because his Gio whatever ebike didn't have pedals with him (install them if you need them scooter style ebike).

The implementation and application of the rules is allover right now. Partly why I mentioned it, as long as you realize you may have it cracked down on at any point...

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/4/40/RandallWeems.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/515?cb=20120515081155

pheoxs
12-09-2019, 02:41 PM
So it's not the MAX but Costco now sells the Segway ES3 scooter. Kind of tempting because then you actually get costco warranty.

https://www.costco.ca/segway-es3-electric-kickscooter.product.100519219.html

50 km range / max speed 25kmph. Still not sure how you'd lock one of these up though? Needs some kind of loop for a bike lock tbh. I don't trust the app disabling it to deter people from just swiping it.

revelations
12-09-2019, 03:02 PM
So it's not the MAX but Costco now sells the Segway ES3 scooter. Kind of tempting because then you actually get costco warranty.

50 km range / max speed 25kmph. Still not sure how you'd lock one of these up though? Needs some kind of loop for a bike lock tbh. I don't trust the app disabling it to deter people from just swiping it.

Thats very cool actually, if you use the Lime scoots a lot in the summer this would pay for itself after a while - plus convenience factor. Also easy enough to "blend in" with the present fleet and laws for Lime/Bird scoots.

But it looks like its meant to be taken with you - obviously into an office for eg. as a commuter.

Also you can just cable lock it through the back wheel to prevent easy theft.

Thaco
12-09-2019, 03:24 PM

something like that would be coming in with me and put under my desk, no way i'd leave that out at the bike rack.

i have a xiaomi scooter and to lock it up i use a u-lock around the body, if you get the right size it cant be slipped off the front or rear without some significant disassembly.
Although as i said above, i'd never leave it out at the bike rack, the only place i leave it out and lock it up is when i am out camping and i need to charge it if my site doesn't have power or overnight i put it under the trailer locked up.

pheoxs
12-09-2019, 03:26 PM
something like that would be coming in with me and put under my desk, no way i'd leave that out at the bike rack.

Works for the office, but I'm thinking if I pop over to Stephen ave for a beer after work, what do you do with it? Not like a restaurant would let you take it inside.

I wonder if you could put a clamp with a loop on it somewhere to run a lock through. Maybe onto the steering shaft and tack weld the bolts on so it can't be removed.

Thaco
12-09-2019, 03:32 PM
Works for the office, but I'm thinking if I pop over to Stephen ave for a beer after work, what do you do with it? Not like a restaurant would let you take it inside.

I wonder if you could put a clamp with a loop on it somewhere to run a lock through. Maybe onto the steering shaft and tack weld the bolts on so it can't be removed.

i think i edited after you posted this, but something like this would probably work well, once its folded put one around the body and one around the handle and then the bike rack

or through the wheel, kinda intersting that this thing doesnt have a disc brake on the rear, most of this style do... wonder how it brakes, kinda scary if its all electrical and not mechanical..

revelations
12-09-2019, 03:32 PM

If you can stick it under the table or the place has a coat area thats big enough - i dont see an issue. I go to restaurants with suitcases all the time and they just wheel under or beside me.

Also, you DONT want to be riding one of these after drinking.

Disoblige
12-09-2019, 03:47 PM
I think it is still too big to be brought indoors conveniently.
Hoping in the future they make locking telescoping handles/bar to minimize the profile when clasped.

revelations
12-09-2019, 03:53 PM
Think of it as a suitcase. Anywhere you can take a suitcase, this should be OK.

https://www.segway.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/es3-main-1.jpg

bjstare
12-09-2019, 03:57 PM
These are definitely small enough to bring into any place that serves beer, it would easily fit under the table/lean against the wall/etc. A guy brought one on the train this morning and it wasn't that big at all.

JRSC00LUDE
12-09-2019, 04:02 PM
These make so much more sense to me as a quick commute tool than electric bikes for some reason. And I bike a lot.

tonytiger55
12-09-2019, 04:19 PM
I was thinking ..why would I buy one. I dont work in the core. If i was I would just use lime...
Then I had a lightbulb moment..
Parking is killer at work. Park a few blocks away where there is easy parking. Then scooter the rest of the way and park it up at work.

Hell I might consider buying one now..

Thaco
12-09-2019, 04:23 PM
I was thinking ..why would I buy one. I dont work in the core. If i was I would just use lime...
Then I had a lightbulb moment..
Parking is killer at work. Park a few blocks away where there is easy parking. Then scooter the rest of the way and park it up at work.

Hell I might consider buying one now..

or park on a street a few blocks away where its free

Thaco
12-09-2019, 04:29 PM
dont mean to detract from the OP's deal, but the xiaomi m365 is on special on amazon.com and walmart.com (need to ship to usa) for $300USD

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076KKX4BC/

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xiaomi-Mi-Electric-Scooter-18-6-Miles-Long-range-Battery-Up-to-15-5-MPH-Easy-Fold-n-Carry-Design-Ultra-Lightweight-Adult-Electric-Scooter/578513945

its what most of the ride share systems are based off.

pheoxs
12-09-2019, 04:30 PM
i think i edited after you posted this, but something like this would probably work well, once its folded put one around the body and one around the handle and then the bike rack

or through the wheel, kinda intersting that this thing doesnt have a disc brake on the rear, most of this style do... wonder how it brakes, kinda scary if its all electrical and not mechanical..

Hmm, a Ulock while folded is a good idea, I hadn't considered that. I looked at my lime recipes when I use theirs. 4$ each way typically. So it would pay for itself in around 3 months of use which is totally doable in our summers. Plus I'd use it more for wandering over to friends places downtown and such after work.

AndyL
02-01-2020, 05:22 PM
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07LFD7FMF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_fBGnEb3MPPDCQ

Not the max, but that Segway Ninebot S is 439.99 on Amazon at the moment - just the black one. (This is the minipro?)

snowcat
02-04-2020, 08:59 AM
No idea you guys liked scooters.

I picked up a Fluid Free Ride Mantis; the thing is nuts!