PDA

View Full Version : Self-Serve Car Wash Interior Shampoo Water - Clean or Dirty?

RedDawn
10-14-2019, 01:30 PM
Recently discovered a self serve car wash that has an interior shampoo tool. Concerned about the cleanliness of the water it uses. My understanding is that self serve car washes recycle all their water, and I’d assume the water for these shampoo tools is also filtered/recycled, but the key question is - even though it runs clear, how clean really is that water? Not keen on covering all my seats with semi-dirty or even contaminated water.

ThePenIsMightier
10-14-2019, 02:06 PM
Recently discovered a self serve car wash that has an interior shampoo tool. Concerned about the cleanliness of the water it uses. My understanding is that self serve car washes recycle all their water, and I’d assume the water for these shampoo tools is also filtered/recycled, but the key question is - even though it runs clear, how clean really is that water? Not keen on covering all my seats with semi-dirty or even contaminated water.

They are forced to recycle the water in Calgary, but not necessarily in Edmonton. Not sure about surrounding Southern Alberta communities.
There's really no way to tell other than trust the owner takes water quality seriously or test a sample of the water yourself, which is crazy.
I feel your pain but you also put your ass in a vehicle's seat after sitting on chairs in public places and I'm betting the average mouth-breather walking among us wipes their ass about as effectively as a toddler, so....