PDA

View Full Version : Psilocybin Mushrooms - The next big breakthrough?

Pages : [1] 2 3

BavarianBeast
10-15-2019, 11:41 AM
Over the last year or so I have gained a keen interest in pyslicibin mushrooms and the positive impacts they can have on various disorders, conditions and overall well being.

In the last couple of years there has been some good research/studies and findings from various institutions including John Hopkins.

https://hopkinspsychedelic.org/publications

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/0279107

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/jun/10/magic-mushrooms-treatment-depression-aztecs-psilocybin-mental-health-medicine

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/magic-mushroom-depression-psychedelic-drug-mental-health-antidepressant-big-pharma-imperial-lsd-dmt-a8929796.html

There are already Psilocybin mushroom retreats in the Netherlands where they are legal that have very positive reviews and I can see these becoming something in Canada over the next several years.

Figured it might be an interesting discussion. Cheers.

ianmcc
10-15-2019, 08:19 PM
Funny but there is a school of thought that mushrooms floated into the earths atmosphere on the tail of a comet (mushroom spores are able to survive in a vacuum and are extremely hard shelled and are able to reflect UV light) and are responsible for providing primitive man (through ingestion-either orally or by breathing in the spores) with modern intelligence and self awareness.
Mushrooms breathe oxygen and exhale Co2 and contain no chlorophyll like other plants. In fact they are more closely related to animal life (arthropods) than plants.
They really are magic mushrooms!

adam c
10-15-2019, 08:27 PM
There's a subreddit called microdosing that has some interesting results

01RedDX
10-15-2019, 08:58 PM

pheoxs
10-15-2019, 09:28 PM
Over the last year or so I have gained a keen interest in pyslicibin mushrooms and the positive impacts they can have on various disorders, conditions and overall well being.

In the last couple of years there has been some good research/studies and findings from various institutions including John Hopkins.

https://hopkinspsychedelic.org/publications

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/0279107

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/jun/10/magic-mushrooms-treatment-depression-aztecs-psilocybin-mental-health-medicine

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/magic-mushroom-depression-psychedelic-drug-mental-health-antidepressant-big-pharma-imperial-lsd-dmt-a8929796.html

There are already Psilocybin mushroom retreats in the Netherlands where they are legal that have very positive reviews and I can see these becoming something in Canada over the next several years.

I really want to get involved with the cultivation, research and sale of this medicine. I know it is currently considered a schedule 1 drug, but there are many MoMs operating online that have not been shit down by the government. Would there be a legal way to become involved with this drug before a motion for legalizations becomes? I see a major opportunity here. Cheers.

There’s a medicinal shroom dispensary operating in Vancouver. Technically still illegal but being Vancouver the cops have more concern with opioids. Should check into that

ThePenIsMightier
10-15-2019, 10:03 PM
Well it's been about 363 days of some other chemical that radically alters one's perception and state being completely legal and readily available.
Shouldn't about 20% of society's problems be fixed by now? If not, then when? We've all been hearing people for decades say that legalized cannabis is "medicine" and the answer to ______ problems. Well, here we are after 12 solid months of it. Where's the radical increase in social health and what new bridge/structure/monument/art have we built with the billions of new tax dollars collected?

I'm not coming from a vehement War On Drugs stance but I just think it's a reach to laude hallucinogens, depressants or stimulants as doing much more than helping people to get fucked up to fill a void somewhere else in their life. I feel like if alcohol was illegal, there would be this giant culture of people demanding its legalization and singing the praises of its medicinal and environmentally sustainable properties.
I think we have the experience to say they'd be wrong.

So, what is it about humans that makes us SO tempted to hear & accept positive things about drugs?

revelations
10-15-2019, 10:22 PM
What I understand is that some of these drugs, that make you feel a sense of being a part of a larger consciousness group, can have a profound positive effect on many.

ThePenIsMightier
10-16-2019, 05:11 AM
What I understand is that some of these drugs, that make you feel a sense of being a part of a larger consciousness group, can have a profound positive effect on many.

I see how it can be seen as positive - but - look at how many of those people get pulled into that alleged larger consciousness and completely believe that now they've "seen the light" and understand "what's really goin on, Man"? Then they go shopping for robes, hair dye, man buns, incense, sunglasses that don't fit and sandals to help occupy their time because they certainly quit their job.
Just because a set of hallucinogens consistently alter brain chemistry in such a way that yielded symptoms of third eye and altered time states etc (insert Joe Rogan talking to that Alex nut job or whoever else) etc doesn't make them reality. They are quite specifically NOT reality and somehow all these poor folks get pulled into believing that their non-drugged life is a lie and "Teh Realz Trooth" is shown to them when they're high.
That sounds really really bad.

Although...
If you were an inanimate potato in the first place, maybe that's an improvement!
Who knows!!? LoL!

ExtraSlow
10-16-2019, 06:48 AM
Apparently you can just buy a kit right off teh intarwebz : http://www.magicmushroomkit.ca/

JRSC00LUDE
10-16-2019, 08:21 AM
They are quite specifically NOT reality and somehow all these poor folks get pulled into believing that their non-drugged life is a lie and "Teh Realz Trooth" is shown to them when they're high.
!

By what objective measure can you state that it's not reality, it's another perception of it just like the one we already have. I don't know anyone who has undertaken a regimented therapeutic use of mushrooms or lsd who believes their "non-drugged" life is a lie. I know several though who live/perceive their life differently now and who have a much greater level of personal happiness (all of whom still hold down jobs and would be considered regular people not crazy hippies). I wouldn't be so quick to discount such things personally.

ExtraSlow
10-16-2019, 08:30 AM
I think assuming weed and shrooms have the same effect on someone's perception of the "rest" of thier life is a big leap.

dirtsniffer
10-16-2019, 08:34 AM
I see how it can be seen as positive - but - look at how many of those people get pulled into that alleged larger consciousness and completely believe that now they've "seen the light" and understand "what's really goin on, Man"? Then they go shopping for robes, hair dye, man buns, incense, sunglasses that don't fit and sandals to help occupy their time because they certainly quit their job.
Just because a set of hallucinogens consistently alter brain chemistry in such a way that yielded symptoms of third eye and altered time states etc (insert Joe Rogan talking to that Alex nut job or whoever else) etc doesn't make them reality. They are quite specifically NOT reality and somehow all these poor folks get pulled into believing that their non-drugged life is a lie and "Teh Realz Trooth" is shown to them when they're high.

Although...
If you were an inanimate potato in the first place, maybe that's an improvement!
Who knows!!? LoL!

this guy has never taken mushrooms.

BavarianBeast
10-16-2019, 08:37 AM
I find the stoned ape theory to be interesting. I don’t quite buy it, but I could certainly see why it could be hypothetical.

This excerpt from The Journal of Psychopharmacolog is quite intriguing - “Consistent with participant claims of hallucinogen-occasioned increases in aesthetic appreciation, imagination, and creativity, we found significant increases in Openness following a high-dose psilocybin session. In participants who had mystical experiences during their psilocybin session, Openness remained significantly higher than baseline more than 1 year after the session. The findings suggest a specific role for psilocybin and mystical-type experiences in adult personality change.”

Would be interesting to see if it would have an effect on somebody with a personality disorder such as narcissism.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0269881111420188?rfr_dat=cr_pub%3Dpubmed&url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori%3Arid%3Acrossref.org&journalCode=jopa

Apparently you can just buy a kit right off teh intarwebz : http://www.magicmushroomkit.ca/

That kit is no good. If people are interested in cultivating them the best method is to do PF-TEK and buy spores https://www.spores101.co/Golden-Teacher-_p_28.html. Or at least that’s what my research suggests.

Dana Larsen, the guy in Vancouver started in 2018 and is still selling micro doses for absurd money. His company is called The Medicinal Mushroom Dispensary.

ThePenIsMightier
10-16-2019, 08:41 AM
I think assuming weed and shrooms have the same effect on someone's perception of the "rest" of thier life is a big leap.

I'm definitely not saying it's the same effect. I'm trying to say that the whole "let's find a drug that can seem to fix problems by altering perceptions of reality and call it the new #CureAll" is not the ideal path.

BavarianBeast
10-16-2019, 08:45 AM
What’s the point of participating in a discussion if your not willing to learn anything?

ThePenIsMightier
10-16-2019, 08:47 AM
By what objective measure can you state that it's not reality, it's another perception of it just like the one we already have. I don't know anyone who has undertaken a regimented therapeutic use of mushrooms or lsd who believes their "non-drugged" life is a lie. I know several though who live/perceive their life differently now and who have a much greater level of personal happiness (all of whom still hold down jobs and would be considered regular people not crazy hippies). I wouldn't be so quick to discount such things personally.

Yes, and I'm not saying job loss and Birkenstocks come out 100% of the time. But it sure as fuck is a number a lot bigger than zero. I still see pot-heads I went to high school with who burn through an insane amount of weed, every day... In their mom's basement.

Overall, my view is that adding more chemical options to the mix MAY cause more harm than good, and is almost always about treating symptoms rather than treating the disease.

ThePenIsMightier
10-16-2019, 08:52 AM
What’s the point of participating in a discussion if your not willing to learn anything?

Well, it's not really a "discussion" if you only want the pro side without any cons, but fine. I think I'll leave. I don't really want to devote much time to this subject, I suppose.

JRSC00LUDE
10-16-2019, 08:55 AM
Yes, and I'm not saying job loss and Birkenstocks come out 100% of the time. But it sure as fuck is a number a lot bigger than zero. I still see pot-heads I went to high school with who burn through an insane amount of weed, every day... In their mom's basement.

Overall, my view is that adding more chemical options to the mix MAY cause more harm than good, and is almost always about treating symptoms rather than treating the disease.

Again though, you're classifying an entirely different thing with weed. I disagree with your assertion that you are treating symptoms as opposed to disease as these elements (when used properly and with purpose) can rewire your brain, your perception of self/your environment and bring cessation to many symptoms of depression, anxiety, and other psychological conditions. All with far less side effects than the myriad of benzos, etc. that are so loosely prescribed as a bandaid. NOTHING is a 100% all out miracle "cure" but there is considerable potential in these things.

BavarianBeast
10-16-2019, 08:56 AM
I’d love to hear about the con side if you have any research backing your claims.

pheoxs
10-16-2019, 09:17 AM
I'm definitely not saying it's the same effect. I'm trying to say that the whole "let's find a drug that can seem to fix problems by altering perceptions of reality and call it the new #CureAll" is not the ideal path.

There’s no one stop cure all. But if a small dose and a therapy session helps someone overcome their addiction or ptsd is it not worth it? Heck even if it only helps them for a month isn’t that still worth exploring the research?

Alcohol and tobacco are legal despite having significant negative health effects. Mushrooms are likely no worse than those. And of course there are side effects, every medication on earth has some. In particular psychosis and hppd are real things, but again maybe it could help someone that can’t try other therapy routes.

Also just because some stupid stoners preach that weed cures cancer like idiots doesn’t discount that it can be beneficial for some individuals even though some will abuse it. That’s just life

ExtraSlow
10-16-2019, 09:19 AM
This is a discussion I think it's worth having. I think for people that are doing well currently, you are probably right, adding more chemicals to the mix may not benefit them. However, in this world, there's a huge number of people who are NOT doing well, for a variety of reasons. Those poeple are often prescribed chemicals to help them cope, and sometimes those chemicals are ineffective or cause unwanted side effects. I think it's pretty reasonable for anyone in that situation to seek out additional treatment options including those not currently prescribed by their family doctor.

Maybe it's just my social circle, but the number of people I know who are really dissatisfied with their current prescription antidepressants is really high. You could say its:

revelations
10-16-2019, 11:05 AM

Although...
Who knows!!? LoL!

No thats not what mean - many people think that this life is all there is and then poof, you disappear. Its depressing to many to think that we are here to live a completely meaningless existence.

Its not just shrooms either - many other psychedelics have the same, profound effect on people, realizing that you are not alone, ever and that there is something, far far greater than what we can see in this reality.

The term that scientists in consciousness studies use is a term called "non-local consciousness". Ie that our consciousness is not based solely in our brain.

tirebob
10-16-2019, 12:02 PM

For the most part, micro dosing mushrooms, which is really where this is going, does not make one high, so unlike weed it isn't altering your perception of things as a blanket. It is not unlike how people use anti-depressants. It isn't to fuck you up and forget but instead just tweaks the chemical balances in the brain alleviating certain issues while still being able to function in a perfectly normal fashion.

Now without a doubt there is the risk of abuse just as with any medication, but I think the damage to the body itself is not as prevalent as it is with more commonly used pharmaceuticals. I am all for testing and exploring these things as a treatment more naturally than with designed chemicals, but that said people need to be smart about it just as with anything mind altering.

Ca_Silvia13
10-16-2019, 12:15 PM
For the most part, micro dosing mushrooms, which is really where this is going, does not make one high, so unlike weed it isn't altering your perception of things as a blanket. It is not unlike how people use anti-depressants. It isn't to fuck you up and forget but instead just tweaks the chemical balances in the brain alleviating certain issues while still being able to function in a perfectly normal fashion.

Now without a doubt there is the risk of abuse just as with any medication, but I think the damage to the body itself is not as prevalent as it is with more commonly used pharmaceuticals. I am all for testing and exploring these things as a treatment more naturally than with designed chemicals, but that said people need to be smart about it just as with anything mind altering.

You also can't keep taking the same dose in a matter of a couple of days at expect the same results. Changing the type of Mushroom or increasing the dose can alleviate that but once your in the 4g+ range it's kind of tough to actually eat that many mushrooms.

pheoxs
10-16-2019, 12:23 PM
You also can't keep taking the same dose in a matter of a couple of days at expect the same results. Changing the type of Mushroom or increasing the dose can alleviate that but once your in the 4g+ range it's kind of tough to actually eat that many mushrooms.

Just make tea ... Seriously so much better and easier on the stomach

Also for therapeutic use you don’t dose every day. Most research studies talk about one or two doses per MONTH and the effects lasting a while. Which is why this is preferable to say popping a anti depressant every morning. And on top of that you typically would take <1 gram doses and would have minimal to no actual visual effects. Just a minor lighter mental state which is the point.

ercchry
10-16-2019, 12:27 PM
Isn’t the whole point that the changes in pathways stick, so you don’t have to be continuously dosing everyday?

The shift to more natural drugs should be seen as a huge benefit.

Opioids just mask pain, and can cause huge social issues. Cannabis in its different states has shown to actually treat pain and inflammation

Same goes for the mental side of the spectrum. Antidepressants can have some pretty crazy side effects (especially if people come off of them too quickly). Most just release different chemicals to again... mask the issues whereas the research behind mushrooms is an actual rewiring. Powerful stuff

tonytiger55
10-16-2019, 12:48 PM
This is the youtube video with Joe Rogan and Paul Stamets.
It was very insightful. I would encourage anyone with interest to watch the entire video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPqWstVnRjQ

BavarianBeast
10-16-2019, 01:42 PM
I really like Paul Stamets. He has a lot of interesting ideas and has done a lot of work in the mycology world. I do believe that they fixed his stuttering, and that’s fascinating.

His ted talk on how mushrooms can help our planet is very interesting, I would highly encourage people to check it out if they want to learn a thing or two and have time. https://www.ted.com/talks/paul_stamets_on_6_ways_mushrooms_can_save_the_world/up-next?language=en

Also, you don’t need to dose every day. One moderate dose can also have everlasting effects. There is a retreat in the Netherlands called essence that seems to have it right, the 3 day retreat looks like this:

1st day – Opening

When arriving at Essence Institute, you’ll be welcomed by the facilitators and meet other participants at the retreat. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and get familiar with the grounds. In addition, there will be time for discussing your intention(s), get clear on what you’re seeking from the retreat experience, and get all questions aswered.

○ 4:00 PM – Welcome, get to know each other, focus on intention, set, setting
○ 7:00 PM – Dinner
○ 8:00 PM – Explanation ceremony and preparation

2nd day – Deep Dive

On your second day, you’ll experience the psilocybin ceremony. In the morning, yoga and a body/breathwork session will be offered so you can ground yourself in your body. Then, you’ll get to experience a sacred ceremony where you’ll be given a high dose of psilocybin-truffles. You’ll be in a safe and serene setting, so you’ll be able to relax and let go. The actual psilocybin experience will last between 6 – 8 hours. Then, you’ll head off to a late dinner.

○ 8:00 AM – Morning practice
○ 9:00 AM – Breakfast
○ 10:00 AM – Bodywork & Breathwork
○ 12:00 PM – Meeting Circle
○ 1:00 PM – Essence Xperience Ceremony
○ 8:00 PM – Dinner

3rd day – Integration

No doubt you’ll have a profound experience when you go through the Ceremony, likely tapping into more creativity, clarity, mind expansion and non-duality. Because we don’t want you to lose sight of what insights and experiences you had, we’ll spend extensive time on your third day processing and integrating all that occurred.
We want you to carry your breakthroughs and transformations with you when you return home, so we’ll provide guidance on how to maintain these changes long-term.

○ 8:00 AM – Morning practice and Breakfast
○ 10:00 AM – Sharing and Coaching
○ 12:00 PM – Lunch
○ 1:00 PM – Future Pace
○ 2:00 PM – Closure
○ 3:00 PM – End

More info at https://www.essence.nl/

Manhattan
10-16-2019, 01:47 PM
Also, you don’t need to dose every day. One moderate dose can also have everlasting effects. There is a retreat in the Netherlands called essence that seems to have it right, the 3 day retreat looks like this:

1st day – Opening

When arriving at Essence Institute, you’ll be welcomed by the facilitators and meet other participants at the retreat. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and get familiar with the grounds. In addition, there will be time for discussing your intention(s), get clear on what you’re seeking from the retreat experience, and get all questions aswered.

○ 4:00 PM – Welcome, get to know each other, focus on intention, set, setting
○ 7:00 PM – Dinner
○ 8:00 PM – Explanation ceremony and preparation

2nd day – Deep Dive

On your second day, you’ll experience the psilocybin ceremony. In the morning, yoga and a body/breathwork session will be offered so you can ground yourself in your body. Then, you’ll get to experience a sacred ceremony where you’ll be given a high dose of psilocybin-truffles. You’ll be in a safe and serene setting, so you’ll be able to relax and let go. The actual psilocybin experience will last between 6 – 8 hours. Then, you’ll head off to a late dinner.

○ 8:00 AM – Morning practice
○ 9:00 AM – Breakfast
○ 10:00 AM – Bodywork & Breathwork
○ 12:00 PM – Meeting Circle
○ 1:00 PM – Essence Xperience Ceremony
○ 8:00 PM – Dinner

3rd day – Integration

No doubt you’ll have a profound experience when you go through the Ceremony, likely tapping into more creativity, clarity, mind expansion and non-duality. Because we don’t want you to lose sight of what insights and experiences you had, we’ll spend extensive time on your third day processing and integrating all that occurred.
We want you to carry your breakthroughs and transformations with you when you return home, so we’ll provide guidance on how to maintain these changes long-term.

○ 8:00 AM – Morning practice and Breakfast
○ 10:00 AM – Sharing and Coaching
○ 12:00 PM – Lunch
○ 1:00 PM – Future Pace
○ 2:00 PM – Closure
○ 3:00 PM – End

More info at https://www.essence.nl/

1Vnghdsjmd0

revelations
10-16-2019, 01:52 PM
Psychedelics and stock market trading: (I have not listened to the whole thing yet, could be 100% bunk)

https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-adedz-c36d73

CompletelyNumb
10-16-2019, 03:44 PM
I know a few people who have done long periods of microdosing and all of them raved about the long term benefits they experienced. Most of them were hard working, downtown corporate types. One was a lazy hippy. For reference.

JRSC00LUDE
10-17-2019, 01:09 PM
BavarianBeast buddy posted this today:

https://psychedelictimes.com/online-mushroom-dispensary/?fbclid=IwAR2Af_rQbNPH0cKwTa3wmsl-0XT650cLLBhcrL2SEae16hAsAkKXCd1M7rk

BavarianBeast
10-17-2019, 01:29 PM
Thanks JRS. He made some great points that I agree with, some not so much.

It really looks like health Canada doesn’t care much though. Mungus.ca was shutdown and received the following letter without severe penalties, I’m okay with operating if all I get is a slap on the wrist.

Blue Goba received the same letter but are back up and running now.

In regards to safe and accurate dosing, that should ultimately be up to the end user in my opinion by testing the potency of the strains they are buying in small doses and dividing the product up accordingly. Like it was stated, Psilocybin content can vary drastically depending on the type of mushroom and growing conditions/spore quality.

Not too sound like some greedy dickhead, but the people I know who made 8 or 9 figures in cannabis were the ones who were already in the game prior to legalization. That’s the position I want to be in this time around.

JRSC00LUDE
10-17-2019, 01:49 PM
Thanks JRS. He made some great points that I agree with, some not so much.

Agreed (on the snipped content also). And yes, I am all for making profit on it too. Would love to be in a position to do so.

I'm looking for a source right now for another round of MD with Psilocybin, it's been about 2 years since I did one. I have obtained enough LSD to run a decent course of MD as well since it also interests me.

ercchry
10-17-2019, 02:14 PM
I think a high end retreat is the way to go. The issue with retail online sales would be very little barriers to entry if that even will be the future legal model. Plus the nature of them is volume which leads to much more scrutiny from law enforcement if it does become a success. You really don’t want to be the Marc Emery of an industry.

Stick to low volume, high end markets. Make it more about a spiritual/healing concept than a recreational thing.

vengie
10-17-2019, 03:00 PM
subscribed

BavarianBeast
10-28-2019, 10:04 AM
The barriers to entry are having the balls to do it while the risk is still high in my opinion. I've been talking to a lot of the mail order mushroom companies and some of them are returning over $80k a month in sales and volumes are increasing steadily.

For those who like to consume, what's your favorite method? Tea, gummies, chocolates, capsules, straight up? It looks like a popular method will be the LEMON TEK method and making 0.5g candies or drink-shots. LEMON TEK converts the psilocybin into psilocin and speeds up the onset and shortens the duration of the effects.

JRSC00LUDE
10-28-2019, 11:50 AM
The barriers to entry are having the balls to do it while the risk is still high in my opinion. I've been talking to a lot of the mail order mushroom companies and some of them are returning over $80k a month in sales and volumes are increasing steadily.

Where would one begin looking at becoming involved in that industry?

BavarianBeast
10-28-2019, 12:54 PM
I was involved with a company that sold cannabis edibles and concentrates online so it helped me get the insight I needed. You can always try getting in touch with some of the bigger retail cannabis outfits like Farmacy to see how they operated in the grey market before cannabis legalization.

JRSC00LUDE
10-31-2019, 01:53 PM
Relevant:

https://microdelics.ca/worlds-first-lsd-microdosing-kit/?fbclid=IwAR0t7EEW3vG3iSqgExROi3n3mdjuQyI9mU5ZigDIac93rmDpI2aQo2HIgCc

ExtraSlow
10-31-2019, 01:58 PM
Relevant:

https://microdelics.ca/worlds-first-lsd-microdosing-kit/?fbclid=IwAR0t7EEW3vG3iSqgExROi3n3mdjuQyI9mU5ZigDIac93rmDpI2aQo2HIgCc

Hmm, whats the legality of this stuff though? I assume it's not just "grey" but totally illegal still even here in permissive Canada?

JRSC00LUDE
10-31-2019, 02:21 PM
Hmm, whats the legality of this stuff though? I assume it's not just "grey" but totally illegal still even here in permissive Canada?

It is illegal but it's about time people are pushing the limits of such nonsense.

BavarianBeast
10-31-2019, 02:33 PM
Cool - their prices are fucking bonkers though.

Fun fact: you can buy 1-PLSD legally in Canada for research purposes. Same as LSD-25 but totally legal to possess. Just not for human consumption ;)

BavarianBeast
12-16-2019, 08:30 PM
https://www.organicshroomcanada.ca

:thumbsup:

ExtraSlow
12-16-2019, 08:35 PM
I assume that site and the rest are still in the "not legal but unlikely to get you in trouble" category?

Is that your business BB? Doesn't work great on mobile, but looks like a good variety of products.

BavarianBeast
12-16-2019, 09:08 PM
No comment...Site is legit though ;).

I was interested in getting the Paul Stamets stack (Niacin/Lions Mane/Psilocybin blend) to market first, but there have been about 5-6 other mail order mushroom websites come up offering them in Canada in the last several weeks.

It’s going to be tough to compete moving forward, and with Psilocybin being breakthrough designation with FDA, it’s just going to become even more difficult. Positive direction to be going though.

I’ve met a couple people with farms that produce up to 1000 grams dry a week. Going to take a long time to reach that scale personally before legalization...

ExtraSlow
12-19-2019, 08:54 PM
Relevant:

That site is suspended now. I assume it's Trudeau's fault.

sabad66
12-19-2019, 09:38 PM
No comment...Site is legit though ;).

I was interested in getting the Paul Stamets stack (Niacin/Lions Mane/Psilocybin blend) to market first, but there have been about 5-6 other mail order mushroom websites come up offering them in Canada in the last several weeks.

It’s going to be tough to compete moving forward, and with Psilocybin being breakthrough designation with FDA, it’s just going to become even more difficult. Positive direction to be going though.

I’ve met a couple people with farms that produce up to 1000 grams dry a week. Going to take a long time to reach that scale personally before legalization...

How many mg are in each micro dose capsule? I looked on the site but it’s either not in the description or I’m blind

ExtraSlow
12-19-2019, 09:43 PM
Or the quality control is weak and they really aren't sure.
Is there a repeatable process to even measure that? If three is, are sites like this even following that process?

I have to assume that at best, they test only occasionally.

sabad66
12-19-2019, 09:53 PM
Well in this case (unlike measuring thc in refined products) it’s just weight of the ground mushroom, so it should be pretty straight forward to get that right. There Must be machines that do it all automatically and to near perfect weight.

ExtraSlow
12-20-2019, 07:34 AM
Interesting legit science being done on the psilocybin. Early days, but step one is a big green check mark.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-athletes-way/201912/psilocybin-four-important-takeaways-clinical-trial%3famp

A new clinical trial shows no serious adverse effects related to administering regulated doses of psilocybin in a controlled setting

BavarianBeast
12-20-2019, 09:33 AM
It’s 100mg of ground cubensis, the actual Psilocybin content is difficult to determine as various mushroom species yield various amounts. Penis envy is one of the higher concentrated ones, more common cubensis such as golden teacher, B+, Mexicana will have fairly similar content. It’s a bit of trial and error for each individual. Worst case you take slightly more than you should and you might have a tiny noticeable effect.

Psilocybin tolerance is also an interesting thing. If you tripped 3 grams one night and wanted the same experience the following, you would have to take 250% or 7.5g to get the same effects.

All research will be positive in my opinion

sabad66
12-20-2019, 10:51 AM
It’s 100mg of ground cubensis, the actual Psilocybin content is difficult to determine as various mushroom species yield various amounts. Penis envy is one of the higher concentrated ones, more common cubensis such as golden teacher, B+, Mexicana will have fairly similar content. It’s a bit of trial and error for each individual. Worst case you take slightly more than you should and you might have a tiny noticeable effect.

Yeah that’s what I figured. It’s akin to measuring the thc content (psilocybin) in pot flower (ground cubensis). Pretty much impossible to do without lab equipment

Anyways yeah .1g seems like a pretty good micro dose amount. Nice to have this option around, will spread the word to a few friends :)

ExtraSlow
12-20-2019, 04:08 PM
Thanks for clearing up the measurement question. Would be nice if you have at least an estimate of the actual active ingredient in each capsule. That's something that will be required as this industry matures.

My past depression issues seem to be all behind me, I have a close friend who has had serious depression for a couple years, and intense traditional counselling and medication hasn't gotten him healthy. I worry about him and his future, so I keep an eye on safe alternatives. The study I linked to earlier today establishes the safety, which matches the kind of shared cultural knowledge that users have been talking about.

ExtraSlow
12-21-2019, 11:40 AM
Doing my google research relating to depression and came across this nugget regarding psychedelics and migraines.
It's Waaaaay down the article, but worth reading for migraine sufferers.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pa748k/psilocybin-for-depression-and-the-world-of-non-hallucinogenic-psychedelics

A non-hallucinogenic psychedelic already exists and there is another medical context where it's been shown to have benefit: headaches.

Emmanuelle Schindler, a neurologist at Yale School of Medicine, treats cluster headaches, which have acquired the sinister nickname "suicide headaches" from the frequent and excruciating pain they cause.

Schindler heard anecdotally about people using traditional psychedelics to improve their cluster headaches, and from a 2010 study that surveyed people's use of something called 2-bromo-LSD, or BOL, for their headache disorders.

BOL differs from LSD by just a single atom, and is non-hallucinogenic. When a chemical compound called bromide is attached to LSD, it removes its psychedelic effects. BOL was created by Albert Hoffman, who also invented LSD. (When Hoffman first made LSD, he was actually looking for new medications for migraine headaches.)

In interviews with a group of headache patients named Cluster Busters, Harvard Medical School psychiatrist John Halpern found that 41 percent of them had less painful or less frequent headaches when they took a variety of psychedelics, and for 52 percent of them, their cluster cycles stopped completely. A survey on BOL use found it can provide similar relief for cluster headaches.

"Those who got their hands on [BOL] or those who took part in that small study have said that when they use it in the same way that they would use psilocybin or LSD, it had similar effects on their headaches,” Schindler said.

It's still unknown how BOL—or LSD or psilocybin, for that matter—ease cluster headache symptoms. One clue is that both the psychedelics, whether hallucinogenic or not, chemically resemble a lot of other headache medications.

Psilocybin’s chemical structure is very similar to sumatriptan (brand name Imitrex), a medication used to treat one headache at a time. It’s also similar to melatonin, a hormone that helps regulate our sleep cycles but can also help treat headache disorders, too. LSD is similar to methysergide, a headache medication that isn’t available anymore, and dihydroergotamine, which is used to treat headaches and, when taken over the course of several days, can help to prevent future headaches.

But psilocybin, LSD, and BOL differ from those drugs in a big way: They can lead to long-term relief even after a few doses, similar to what researchers are seeing in the trials with treatment-resistant depression. Other headache medications don’t do that, Schindler said.

BOL is not officially being used to treat any headache disorders, but it's still an intriguing example in which the hallucinogenic piece of the puzzle isn’t necessary. BOL can have similar effects as psilocybin and LSD, Schindler said, and so patients aren't required to go on a psychedelic trip to find relief. tirebob, rage2, tonytiger55, Skrilla, BavarianBeast Rat Fink

This is a fun rabbit hole of research.

Edit: just tagged people who had mentioned experiencing migraine headaches. I'm not a doctor, or any kind of expert. Stay safe out there buddies.

ercchry
12-21-2019, 11:49 AM
Woke up with a good one today... feels like I was out all night drinking, but like that type of pain you only get from over doing it with real sugary drinks

BavarianBeast
12-21-2019, 11:17 PM
Doing my google research relating to depression and came across this nugget regarding psychedelics and migraines.
It's Waaaaay down the article, but worth reading for migraine sufferers.
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pa748k/psilocybin-for-depression-and-the-world-of-non-hallucinogenic-psychedelics

tirebob, rage2, tonytiger55, Skrilla, BavarianBeast Rat Fink

This is a fun rabbit hole of research.

Edit: just tagged people who had mentioned experiencing migraine headaches. I'm not a doctor, or any kind of expert. Stay safe out there buddies.

Yeah, I’ve helped a couple of my friends get rid of their cluster headaches and migraines with micro doses or having relied for weeks after a moderate trip. Same goes with depression. It’s been fascinating to see the positive results first hand and I’m hopeful the public outlook will begin to shift as more research is conducted. It will also be interesting to see the widespread loss of revenue for pharmaceutical companies as they gain more traction.

People are ignorant and stupid and will ignore research though. Cause you know, seeing pink elephants, unicorns and hearing voices in your head is what Psilocybin does, right? :rolleyes:

vengie
12-21-2019, 11:22 PM
Yeah, I’ve helped a couple of my friends get rid of their cluster headaches and migraines with micro doses or having relied for weeks after a moderate trip. Same goes with depression. It’s been fascinating to see the positive results first hand and I’m hopeful the public outlook will begin to shift as more research is conducted. It will also be interesting to see the widespread loss of revenue for pharmaceutical companies as they gain more traction.

People are ignorant and stupid and will ignore research though. Cause you know, seeing pink elephants, unicorns and hearing voices in your head is what Psilocybin does, right? :rolleyes:

Watching the pattern on my shower curtain twist and morph while peeing was pretty fascinating. Lol

rage2
12-22-2019, 12:20 AM
I’m good with my T1s haha.

ercchry
12-22-2019, 12:46 AM
I’m good with my T1s haha.

You use to be cool... :rofl:

The Cosworth
12-22-2019, 10:08 AM
Been following this stuff very closely as well since I suffer from PTSD and other ailments. These studies on mushrooms show very positive effects for people in my situation. I'd love to be able to get off my meds. Even that in itself would be worth its weight it gold to me. All the other positive effects (melting of the ego, dealing with the death, just being a better person) would be just icing on the cake. Interesting to see how fast mainstream this is becoming.

Also, can't say from experience but weed = / = mushrooms at all. That's like saying being drunk is just like being on morphine, you're intoxicated but that's about where the similarities end.

CompletelyNumb
12-22-2019, 10:55 AM
So where's the Beyond coupon code BB :p

ExtraSlow
12-22-2019, 12:36 PM
Been following this stuff very closely as well since I suffer from PTSD and other ailments. These studies on mushrooms show very positive effects for people in my situation. I'd love to be able to get off my meds. Even that in itself would be worth its weight it gold to me. All the other positive effects (melting of the ego, dealing with the death, just being a better person) would be just icing on the cake. Interesting to see how fast mainstream this is becoming.

Also, can't say from experience but weed = / = mushrooms at all. That's like saying being drunk is just like being on morphine, you're intoxicated but that's about where the similarities end.
Anything I read says that the best results come from a very controlled environment with a therapist. However, it doesn't appear dangerous, so maybe benefits can be achieved in less controlled environments.

ExtraSlow
12-22-2019, 12:40 PM
So where's the Beyond coupon code BB :p

10% off first order with code "firstorder". Says so right on the website.

BavarianBeast
12-22-2019, 01:28 PM
Ego death can be terrifying for a lot of people. Many people don’t want to confront their demons and that’s where a lot of people have”bad trips.” With that said, it can be one of the most enlightening experiences if you are willing to work through those problems. I know it helps a lot with PTSD, but it will not be roses and butterflys to work through it. I’ve heard from numerous people a 5-6 hour Psilocybin trip can equate to about 5 years in therapy. I buy it.

Having a therapist in a controlled environment would be great, or if your at home and have somebody you trust to or love to talk to.

My end game is to build a Psilocybin mental health and leadership facility outside of Calgary in hopes that they become approved for medicinal purposes in the near future. Might separate the two facilities but still working on this pipe dream of a business plan..

ExtraSlow
12-22-2019, 01:37 PM
Beyond psychedelics

ExtraSlow
12-22-2019, 01:45 PM
I think there's some kind of selection bias in regards to how much help these can be for PTSD. Because let's face it, the people who got better will shout it from the rooftops, and those who saw no change probably won't go out of thier way to tell people that they tried illegal drugs in hopes of a cure.

Guess that's not specific to PTSD, probably same for anything.

Not saying there's no benefit, just wish the "real" scientific studies were further ahead.

BavarianBeast
12-22-2019, 01:48 PM
100%. But the more people that come out of the woodwork such as the veteran that Andrew Yang tweeted about, the better chances of the stupid ass laws being changed and the more research that will be conducted.

ExtraSlow
12-22-2019, 01:51 PM
100%. But the more people that come out of the woodwork such as the veteran that Andrew Yang tweeted about, the better chances of the stupid ass laws being changed and the more research that will be conducted.

Totally agree. And for now, the anecdotal evidence is positive and the serious science says it's safe.

BavarianBeast
12-22-2019, 01:59 PM
What do you mean the science isn’t there yet?

Davis, A.K., Barrett, F.S., & Griffiths, R.R. (2019). Psychological flexibility mediates the relations between acute psychedelic effects and subjective decreases in depression and anxiety. Journal of Contextual Behavioral Science. Accepted manuscript in press.

Garcia-Romeu, A. Davis, A.K., Erowid, F., Erowid, E., Griffiths, R.R., & Johnson, M.W. (2019). Cessation and reduction in alcohol consumption and misuse after psychedelic use. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 33(9), 1088-1101.

Griffiths, R.R., Hurwitz, E.S., Davis, A.K., Johnson, M.W., & Jesse, R. (2019). Survey of subjective “God encounter experiences”: Comparisons among naturally occurring experiences and those occasioned by the classic psychedelics psilocybin, LSD, ayahuasca, or DMT. PLoS ONE, 14(4), e0214377.

Davis, A.K., So, S., Lancelotta, R., Barsuglia, J.P., & Griffiths, R.R. (2019). 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine (5-MeO-DMT) used in a naturalistic group setting is associated with unintended improvements in depression and anxiety. The American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, 1-16.

Barsuglia, J., Davis, A.K., Palmer, R., Lancelotta, R., Windham-Herman, A.M., Peterson, K., …, & Griffiths, R.R. (2018). Intensity of mystical experiences occasioned by 5-MeO-DMT and comparison with a prior psilocybin study. Frontiers Psychology, 9, 2459.

Johnson, M.W., Hendricks, P.S., Barrett, F.S., Griffiths, R.R. (2018). Classic Psychedelics: An integrative review of epidemiology, mystical experience, brain network function, and therapeutics. Journal of Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 197, 83-102.

Johnson, M.W. (2018). Psychiatry might need some psychedelic therapy. International Review of Psychiatry. International Review of Psychiatry, 30(4), 285-290.

Garcia-Romeu, A.G., & Richards, W.A. (2018). Current perspectives on psychedelic therapy: use of serotonergic hallucinogens in clinical interventions. International Review of Psychiatry, 30(4), 291-316.

Barrett, F.S., Preller, K.H., & Kaelen, M. (2018). Psychedelics and music: neuroscience and therapeutic implications. International Review of Psychiatry, 30(4), 350-362.

Barrett, F.S., Carbonaro, T.M., Hurwitz, E., Johnson, M.W., & Griffiths, R.R. (2018). Double-blind comparison of the two hallucinogens psilocybin and dextromethorphan: effects of cognition. Psychopharmacology, 235(10), 2915-2927.

Davis, A.K., Renn, E., Windham-Herman, A.M., Polanco, M., & Barsuglia, J.P. (2018). A mixed-method analysis of persisting effects associated with positive outcomes following ibogaine detoxification. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 50(4), 287-297.

Noorani, T., Garcia-Romeu, A., Swift, T.C., Griffiths, R.R., & Johnson, M.W. (2018). Psychedelic therapy for smoking cessation: Qualitative analysis of participant accounts. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 32(7), 756-769.

Davis, A.K., Barsulglia, J.P., Lancelotta, R., Grant, R.M., & Renn, E. (2018). The epidemiology of 5-methyoxy-N, N-dimethyltryptamine (5-MeO-DMT) use: Benefits, consequences, patterns of use, subjective uses, and reasons for consumption. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 32(7), 779-792.

Johnson, M.W., Griffiths, R.R., Hendricks, P.S., Henningfield, J.E. (2018). The abuse potential of medical psilocybin according to the 8 factors of the Controlled Substances Act. Neuropharmacology, 1-24.

Barrett, F.S., Schlienz, J.N., Lembeck, N., Waqas, M., Vandrey, R. (2018). "Hallucinations" Following Acute Cannabis Dosing: A Case Report and Comparison to Other Hallucinogenic Drugs. Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research, 3(1), 85-93.

Carbonaro, T.M., Johnson, M.W., Hurwitz, E., & Griffiths, R.R. (2018). Double-blind comparison of the two hallucinogens psilocybin and dextromethorphan: similarities and difference in subjective experiences. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 235(2), 521-534.

Griffiths, R.R., Johnson, M.W., Richards, W.A., Richards, B.D., Jesse, R., MacLean, K.A., Barrett, F.S., Cosimano, M.P., & Klinedinst, M.A. (2018). Psilocybin-occasioned mystical-type experience in combination with meditation and other spiritual practices produces enduring positive changes in psychological functioning and in trait measures of prosocial attitudes and behaviors. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 32(1), 49-69.

Johnson, M.J., Garcia-Romeu, A., Johnson, P.S. & Griffiths, R.R. (2017). An online survey of tobacco smoking cessation associated with naturalistic psychedelic use. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 31(7), 841-850.

Garcia-Romeu, A., Griffiths, R.R., & , Johnson, M.W. (2017). Psychedelic-associated addiction remission: An online survey. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 171, e69.

Davis, A.K., Barsuglia, J.P., Windham-Herman, A., Lynch, M., & Polanco, M. (2017). Subjective effectiveness of ibogaine treatment for problematic opioid consumption: Short- and long-term outcomes and current psychological functioning. Journal of Psychedelic Studies, 1(2), 65-73.

Saleemi, S., Pennybacker, S.J. Wooldridge, M., & Johnson, M.W. (2017). Who is ‘Molly’? MDMA adulterants by product name and the impact of harm-reduction services at raves. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 31(8), 1056-1060.

Barrett, F.S., Johnson, M.W., & Griffiths, R.R. (2017). Neuroticism is associated with challenging experiences with psilocybin mushrooms. Personality and Individual Differences, 117, 155-160.

Barrett, F.S, Johnson, M.W., & Griffiths, R.R. (2017). Psilocybin in long-term meditators: Effects on default mode network functional connectivity and retrospective ratings of quality experience. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 171, e15-e16.

Barrett, F.S., Robbin, H., Smooke, D., Brown, J.L., & Griffiths, R.R. (2017). Qualitative and Quantitative Features of Music Reported to Support Peak Mystical Experiences during Psychedelic Therapy Sessions. Frontiers in Psychology, 8, 1-12.

Barrett, F.S., Preller, K.H., Herdener, M., Janata, P., & Vollenweider, F.X. (2017). Serotonin 2A receptor signaling underlies LSD-induced alteration of the neural response to dynamic changes in music. Cerebral Cortex, 1-12.

Barrett F.S. & Griffiths, R.R. (2017). Classic Hallucinogens and Mystical Experiences: Phenomenology and Neural Correlates in AL Halberstadt, FX Vollenweider, and DE Nichols (Eds.) Behavioral Neurobiology of Psychedelic Drugs, Curr Top Behav Neurosci. Epub Ahead of Print: 2017 Mar 26. DOI: 10.1007/7854_2017_474

Johnson, M.W. & Griffiths, R.R. (2017). Potential therapeutic effects of psilocybin. Neurotherapeutics, 14(3), 734-740.

Johnson, M.W., Garcia-Romeu, A., & Griffiths, R.R. (2017). Long-term follow-up of psilocybin-facilitated smoking cessation. The American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse, 43(1), 55-60.

Nichols, D.E., Johnson, M.W., Nichols, C.D. (2017). Psychedelics as medicines: An emerging new paradigm. Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 101 (2), 209-219.

Griffiths, R.R., Johnson, M.W., Carducci, M.A., Umbricht, A., Richards, W.A., Richards, B.D., Cosimano, M.P., & Klinedinst, M.A. (2016). Psilocybin produces substantial and sustained decreases in depression and anxiety in patients with life-threatening cancer: A randomized double-blind trial. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 30(12), 1181-1197.

Garcia-Romeu, A., Kersgaard, B., & Addy, P.H. (2016) Clinical applications of hallucinogens: A review. Experimental Clinical Psychopharmacology, 24(4), 229-268.

Barrett, F.S., Bradstreet, M.P., Leoutsakos, J-M.S., Johnson, M.W. & Griffiths, R.R. (2016). The Challenging Experience Questionnaire: Characterization of challenging experiences with psilocybin mushrooms. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 30(12), 1279-1295.

Carbonaro, T.M., Bradstreet, M.P., Barrett, F.S., MacLean, K.A., Jesse, R., Johnson, M.W., & Griffiths, R.R. (2016). Survey study of challenging experiences after ingesting psilocybin mushrooms: Acute and enduring positive and negative consequences. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 30(12). 1268-1278.

Bogenschutz, M.P & Johnson, M.W. (2016). Classic hallucinogens in the treatment of addictions. Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry, 64, 250-258.

Maqueda, A.E., Valle, M., Addy, P.H., Antonijoan, R.M., Puntes, M., Coimbra, J., Ballester, M.R., Garrido, M., González, M., Claramunt, J., Barker, S., Lomnicka, I., Waguespack, M., Johnson, M.W., Griffiths, R.R., & Riba, J. (2016). Naltrexone but not ketanserin antagonizes the subjective, cardiovascular, and neuroendocrine effects of salvinorin-A in humans. International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology, 19(7), 1-13.

Johnson, M.W., MacLean, K.A., Caspers, M.J., Prisinzano, Griffiths, R.R. (2016). Time course of pharmacokinetic and hormonal effects of inhaled high-dose salvinorin A in humans. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 30(4), 323-329. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 30(4), 323-329.

Barrett, F.S., Johnson, M.W., & Griffiths, R.R. (2015). Validation of the revised Mystical Experience Questionnaire in experimental session with psilocybin. Journal of Psychopharmacology. 29(11), 1182-1190.

Kaelen, M., Barrett, F.S., Roseman, R., Lorenz, R., Bolstridge, M., Curran, H.V., Feilding, A., Nutt, D.J, & Carhart-Harris, R.L. (2015). LSD enhances the emotional response to music. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 232(19), 3607-3614.

Sessa, B. & Johnson, M.W. (2015). Can psychedelic compounds play a part in drug dependence therapy? The British Journal of Psychiatry, 206(1), 1-3.

Barrett, F.S., Bradstreet, M.P., Leoutsakos, J.S., Johnson, M.W., MacLean, K.A., Jess, R., & Griffiths, R.R. (2015). The challenging experience questionnaire: Characterization of acute adverse reactions to psilocybin. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 146, e218.

Carbonaro, T., Barrett, F., Bradstreet, M. P., Johnson, M.W., MacLean, K.A., Jess, R., & Griffiths, R.R. (2015). Survey study of challenging experiences after ingesting psilocybin mushrooms: Demographics and phenomenology. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 146, e239-e240.

Hendricks, P.S., Johnson, M.W., & Griffiths, R.R. (2015). Psilocybin, psychological distress, and suicidality. Journal of Psychopharmacology 29(9), 1041-1043.

Hendricks, P.S., Thorne, C.B., Clark, C.B., Coombs, D.W., &, Johnson, M.W. (2015) Classic psychedelic use is associated with reduced psychological distress and suicidality in the United States adult population. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 29(3), 280-288.

Sessa B, Johnson MW. From addiction to recovery using altered states of consciousness. In: Dickins R., ed. Psychedelic Press UK Volume 1; Cornwall, UK: Psychedelic Press; 2015;71-80.

Garcia-Romeu, A., Griffiths, R. R., & Johnson, M. W. (2015). Psilocybin-occasioned mystical experiences in the treatment of tobacco addiction. Current Drug Abuse Reviews, 7(3), 157-164.

Tupper, K., Wood, E, Yensen, R., Johnson, M.W. (2015) Psychedelic medicine: a re-emerging therapeutic paradigm

MacLean, K.A., Johnson, M.W., & Griffiths, R.R. (2015). Hallucinogens and club drugs., In:, M. Galanter, H.D. Kleber, & K Brady (Eds.). The American Psychiatric Press Textbook of Substance Abuse Treatment (Fifth Edition) (pp 209-222),The American Psychiatric Press, Arlington, VA.

Hendricks, P., Clark, C., Johnson, M.W. (2014) Hallucinogen use predicts reduced recidivism among substance-involved offenders under community corrections supervision. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 28(1), 62-66.

Jesse, R. and Griffiths, R.R. (2014) Psilocybin research at Johns Hopkins: A 2014 report. In: J.H. Ellens (Ed.). Seeking the Sacred with Psychoactive Substances (Volume 2) (pp 29-43). Praeger, Santa Barbara, CA

Johnson, M.W., Garcia-Romeu, A., Cosimano, M.P., & Griffiths, R.R. (2014). Pilot study of the 5-HT2AR agonist psilocybin in the treatment of tobacco addiction. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 11, 983-992.

Caspers, M.J., Williams, T.D., Lovell, K.M. Lozama, A, Butelman, E.R., Kreek, M.J., Johnson, M. Griffiths, R., MacLean, K., & Prisinzano, T.E. (2013). LC-MS/MS quantification of salvinorin A from biological fluids. Analytical Methods 5, 7042-7048.

MacLean, K.A., Johnson, M.W., Reissig, C.J., Prisinzano, T.E., & Griffiths, R.R. (2013). Dose-related effects of salvinorin A in humans: Dissociative, hallucinogenic and memory effects. Psychopharmacology, 226, 381-392.

Grob, C.S., Bossis, A.P. & Griffiths, R.R. (2013). Use of the Classic Hallucinogen Psilocybin for Treatment of Existential Distress Associated with Cancer. In B.I. Carr and J.L.Steel (Eds), Psychological Aspects of Cancer, (pp. 291-308) Springer Science and Business Media LLC, New York.

MacLean, K.A., Leoutsakos, J-M.S., Johnson, M.W., & Griffiths, R.R. (2012) Factor analysis of the Mystical Experience Questionnaire: A study of experiences occasioned by the hallucinogen psilocybin. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, 51(4), 721-737.

Johnson MW. Hallucinogens. In: Rippe JM, ed. Encyclopedia of Lifestyle Medicine and Health. vol 1. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications; 2012;529-30.

Reissig, C.J., Carter, L.P., Johnson, M.W., Mintzer, M.Z., Klinedinst, M.A. & Griffiths, R.R. (2012). High doses of dextromethorphan, an NMDA antagonist, produces effects similar to classic hallucinogens. Psychopharmacology, 223(1), 1-15.

Johnson, M.W., Sewell, R.A, & Griffiths, R.R. (2012). Psilocybin dose-dependently causes delayed, transient headaches in healthy volunteers. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 123, 132-140.

MacLean, K.A., Johnson, M.W., & Griffiths, R.R. (2011). Mystical experiences occasioned by the hallucinogen psilocybin lead to increases in the personality domain of openness. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 25(11), 1453-1461.

Griffiths, R.R., Johnson, M.W., Richards, W.A., Richards, B.D., McCann, U., & Jesse, R. (2011). Psilocybin occasioned mystical-type experiences: Immediate and persisting dose-related effects. Psychopharmacology, 218(4), 649-665.

Johnson, M.W. MacLean, K.A., Reissig, C.J., Prisinzano, T.E. & Griffiths, R.R. (2011). Human psychopharmacology and dose-effects of salvinorin A, a kappa opioid agonist hallucinogen present in the plant Salvia divinorum. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 115, 150-155.

Johnson MW. Salvia divinorum. In: Kleiman M, Hawdon J, Golson JG, eds. Encyclopedia of Drug Policy. vol 2. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications; 2011;709-11.

Griffiths, R.R. & Grob, C.S. (2010). Hallucinogens as medicine. Scientific American, 303, 77-79.

Johnson, M.W., Richards, W.A., & Griffiths, R.R. (2008). Human hallucinogen research: guidelines for safety. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 22(6), 603-620.

Griffiths, R.R., Johnson, M.W., Richards, W.A., McCann, U., & Richards, B.D. (2008). Mystical-type experiences occasioned by psilocybin mediate the attribution of personal meaning and spiritual significance 14 months later. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 22(6), 621-632.

Griffiths, R.R., Richards, W.A., McCann, U., & Jesse, R. (2006). Psilocybin can occasion mystical experiences having substantial and sustained personal meaning and spiritual significance. Psychopharmacology, 187, 268-283.

BavarianBeast
12-22-2019, 02:12 PM
How to change your mind by Michael Pollan is a great read, I would very highly recommend everyone to read it if you want to learn more.

Skrilla
12-23-2019, 10:19 AM

:thumbsup: Thank you sir!

ExtraSlow
12-27-2019, 09:45 AM
What do you mean the science isn’t there yet?
I'm no medical research expert, and I certainly haven't read most of those studies, but, my interest in substances of this type is less on the mystical/spiritual/openness domain and more on the depression/suicide/PTSD side of things.

It seems that list of studies covers a wide range of topics, and a wide range of substances. Some are studies of other studies. I have no idea if there's top-tier research hidden in that list or not.

Univerity of Toronto is working on some really rigorous longitudinal studies through their Psychedelic Studies Research Program (PSRP.
https://www.utm.utoronto.ca/psychedelics/research

Johns Hopkins have a psychadelic research institute. Great stuff coming out of there. Here's one I like on suicidality:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4721603/

Furthermore, these findings suggest that lifetime use of psilocybin but no other classic psychedelic may be especially protective with regard to psychological distress and suicidality. This finding is consistent with data indicating that psilocybin may have the most favorable safety profile of all classic psychedelic substances (Gable 1993, 2004). Psilocybin in particular may thus hold promise as an innovative mental health intervention and suicide prophylaxis. For other indications for which psilocybin is currently being studied (cancer-related anxiety/depression and addictions; Bogenschutz et al., 2015; Grob et al., 2011; Johnson et al., 2014), the present results also address a safety concern. That is, based on the highly sensationalized cultural history of classic psychedelics, some in the public may be concerned that controlled clinical prescription application of psilocybin may increase the risk of suicide. The present data do not provide support for this concern and are consistent with recently renewed clinical research suggesting possible therapeutic applications of psilocybin.

sabad66
12-27-2019, 10:10 AM
Looks like it’s starting to become more mainstream. Just saw this article today on Global
https://trib.al/h0sxbvO

max_boost
01-01-2020, 10:43 AM
Haven’t touched it in over 20 years but absolutely support more research into it + lsd + MDMA. Stay woke, my Beyonders but first, I need America to legalize that MJ.

ExtraSlow
01-08-2020, 06:20 PM

CompletelyNumb
01-08-2020, 08:20 PM
To the moon boys!

ExtraSlow
01-10-2020, 08:48 PM
Hear they make you crazy?
https://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/judge-to-rule-in-march-if-magic-mushrooms-prompted-nude-man-to-attack-professor/wcm/b907506e-a4c2-49ea-ba6d-6d31a7f87345

BavarianBeast
01-11-2020, 05:24 AM
Nah, crazy people are just crazy. Just turns out psychedelic medicine shouldn’t be used if your fucking crazy. Also, to address some of your earlier curiosity - Openness correlates with mental well being. From the study - “ Openness includes a relatively broad range of intercorrelated traits covering aesthetic appreciation and sensitivity, fantasy and imagination, awareness of feelings in self and others, and intellectual engagement. People with high levels of Openness are “permeable to new ideas and experiences” and “motivated to enlarge their experience into novel territory” (DeYoung et al., 2005). Openness is strongly associated with creativity (Silvia et al., 2009), and some of its facets (Ideas, Values) are correlated with general fluid intelligence and cognitive ability (DeYoung et al., 2005; DeYoung et al., 2009).“

It certainly is a lot more mainstream than everyone, and even myself thought several months ago. I am beginning to get involved with a lot of extremely wealthy and interesting people and it’s all very exciting. If anybody wants to dive into this realm, perhaps look at attending the psychedelic conference in Calgary that’s happening in May - https://catalystcalgary.com/

in my opinion in regards to public investments, the money in mushrooms will quickly dissolve, I don’t think I’d invest in any public company. The more people that get educated about the therapeutic benefits of mushrooms, the more they will realize how easy it is to obtain spores and grow mushrooms in your closet themselves. Why pay somebody when you can learn a thing or two about mycology and grow your own plant based medicine.

As it was previously stated in the thread by errchy, the money to be made will be in offering high-end retreats.

JRSC00LUDE
01-11-2020, 10:16 AM
I'm on dose 6 of an LSD course of microdosing. I'll run 20 total, or basically 60 days. Then a month off and do a mushroom program after again, it's been approx 18 months I think since the last time.

This is my first time with the LSD, I do feel I have a crisper clarity of thinking and focus but I still have to be mindful TO focus on a task at hand. I chose to finally start this one because I'm in the middle of pretty heavy load of professional and personal life instances. I would like to experiment with slightly higher dosage however I don't have a reliable source and only have enough for 60 total doses.

BavarianBeast
01-11-2020, 01:15 PM
Glad to hear it’s helping you. I’ve always found the high doses occasionally to be more effectively than microdosing personally. I’ll take lions mane in between trips, and it seems to maintain that enhanced edge. If you get the chance to open your third eye, it’s a amazingly awakening experience. I truly believe this is what allows us to see the real potential within ourselves. But who knows, maybe I’m just crazy ;).

As I stated previously, you can get 100ug 1plsd tabs legally as research chemicals. I’ve tested these guys products with indole and they are legit. https://realchems.com/en/1p-lsd-blotters

JRSC00LUDE
01-11-2020, 04:36 PM
Glad to hear it’s helping you. I’ve always found the high doses occasionally to be more effectively than microdosing personally. I’ll take lions mane in between trips, and it seems to maintain that enhanced edge. If you get the chance to open your third eye, it’s a amazingly awakening experience. I truly believe this is what allows us to see the real potential within ourselves. But who knows, maybe I’m just crazy ;).

As I stated previously, you can get 100ug 1plsd tabs legally as research chemicals. I’ve tested these guys products with indole and they are legit. https://realchems.com/en/1p-lsd-blotters

I believe that stuff much more now than ever before, also starting to look more seriously at applied breathing techniques as well.

I will look into that site, thank you.

The Cosworth
01-16-2020, 09:49 PM
All I'll say is I much more than before I understand why people paint like this:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/3528a074fb536b658b5e86fa9df0f8c4/tumblr_p9jzdtz82Y1x6bqqxo1_400.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0d/3b/cd/0d3bcdfc54b3252bf368bf928f7e9894.jpg

BavarianBeast
01-17-2020, 03:47 PM
Yeah lol, my walls look a little weird these days. Alex Gray has some very cool stuff. Top pic reminds me of a laughing cat.

@jrs - look into flow psychology a little bit and box breathing.

Here are some great animated movies to watch on psychedelics;

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 1 & 2
Wreck it Ralph/Ralph breaks the internet
Moana
Coco
Inside out
Shrek 2
Zootopia
Big hero 6

Lots of good lessons to be learned and some of these movies really make you wonder what state the producers intended it to be seen if your not a youngster.

ExtraSlow
01-22-2020, 08:28 PM
your next shirt:
https://mumble-tease.myshopify.com/collections/new-designs/products/mushrooms-onyx-unisex-v-neck

BavarianBeast
01-23-2020, 05:15 PM
Definitely not :|

ExtraSlow
01-24-2020, 08:47 PM
Gweneth likes it:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/health/goop-psychedelics-wellness/index.html

ExtraSlow
01-27-2020, 01:43 PM
Had this conversation with my buddy over the weekend. People who are depressed often describe being mentally "stuck" and even when they can describe what more positive thought process might look like, they feel like the natural path of their thoughts is repetitive and inflexible . Something that could help a person be more mentally flexible seems intuitively like it could only help.
https://www.psypost.org/2020/01/psychedelic-drugs-may-reduce-depression-and-anxiety-by-increasing-psychological-flexibility-55365

BavarianBeast
01-28-2020, 05:40 PM

ExtraSlow
01-31-2020, 04:04 PM
A wave of decriminalization across the USA. Sort of.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/30/us/santa-cruz-mushrooms-psychedelics-trnd/index.html

BavarianBeast
02-01-2020, 01:04 PM
Pretty much legal here too, nobody cares now.

The shift in the mail order market is insane. We've gone from about 6 online vendors to more than 20 to date and they keep popping up.

ExtraSlow
02-10-2020, 10:29 AM
Mr Wonderful approves.
https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis-news/kevin-oleary-bruce-linton-throw-weight-behind-company-exploring-potential-of-psychedelics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xe7TCV5k4g

Kevin O’Leary, Bruce Linton throw weight behind company exploring potential of psychedelics
“We should keep an open mind to this.”
By David Yasvinski February 4, 2020

Mr. Wonderful would like to talk to you about psychedelics.
Kevin O’Leary, the high-profile Canadian investor and star of popular TV shows Dragon’s Den and Shark Tank, is putting his money where his mouth is by joining a $6.2 million investment round in neuro-pharmaceutical company MindMed.

MindMed, which has also secured the backing of Bruce Linton — the founder and former CEO of Canopy Growth — is exploring the potential of improving human health through the controlled microdosing of psychedelics, according to The Cannabis Investor.

“Everybody’s talking about microdosing right now, and YOU should be investing in it!” O’Leary tweeted recently, linking to a YouTube video of the latest edition of Ask Mr. Wonderful.

In the video, which features a guitar-wielding O’Leary answering questions from armchair investors between musical riffs, he was asked his thoughts on investing in psychedelics. After disclosing his interest in MindMed, O’Leary had plenty to say.

“I think this is a very interesting area, because when you think of the billions of dollars lost from opioid addiction and the tragedy it brings to families — I mean when you get addicted to opioids, often you die. I mean it’s a really, really bad outcome,” he said, adding that the effects of alcoholism and depression can be equally devastating.

“What if microdosing could solve these? The only way to find out is to do clinical trials, which is what MindMed is going to do. So, I’m an investor.”

Psychedelics are travelling down the trail that is being blazed by the cannabis industry. No doubt, it will encounter many of the same roadblocks that marijuana did before decriminalization and legalization efforts slowly began to gain momentum.

Linton, the man behind the world’s largest cannabis company, will likely prove invaluable to clearing many of those hurdles. He’s also pretty good at getting in on the ground floor.

“There’s probably untapped value, which will only go to the people who are at the beginning and bold,” he said recently.

Linton, the man behind the world’s largest cannabis company, will likely prove invaluable to clearing many of those hurdles. / Photo: Darren Brown file photo Darren Brown file photo

J.R. Rahn, one of the founders of MindMed, said he discovered the powerful potential of psychedelics in the treatment of mental illness and addiction during his time working in Silicon Valley. After studying the drug for two years, Rahn formed an investment company to fund research in the space.

Support for the legalization of psilocybin and other psychedelics has been slowly gaining steam across the U.S., with recent studies concluding the drug is not only safe for consumption, it is adept at reducing depression and anxiety in humans years after use.

Denver became the first city to decriminalize the drug and a handful of other areas have begun to follow suit. California and Oregon organizers are hoping to get a legalization question prepared in time to make the 2020 ballot for a state vote.

Like cannabis, psilocybin has a long track record of relative safety among recreational users, and it is not toxic. Unlike some drugs that treat anxiety and other mental conditions, psilocybin is said not to be prone to dependence, but given its hallucinogenic effect, lawmakers may be reticent to allow distribution of the psychedelic drug without more restrictions.

“We should keep an open mind to this,” O’Leary said. “This is not about drugging yourself because microdosing LSD is being done right now, a lot of it on the west coast with engineers. I’m not endorsing it because it’s illegal, but they’re doing it for a reason. They’re not hallucinating they’re sharper at work, is what they claim,” he said.

“And so why not do some research and find out if this actually is true.”

BavarianBeast
02-10-2020, 12:09 PM
Fuck that guy is an idiot

ExtraSlow
02-10-2020, 12:17 PM
Guy needs a little ego death...

BavarianBeast
02-10-2020, 03:02 PM
Seriously.

I just don’t know how the guy expects to make a return from Mindmed. Going to try and sell research papers from an organization with little credibility? Going to sell microdosing programs to people? If the dipshit cared about human progress he would donate that $6.2m to MAPS. If he cares about making a return, I would hedge a large bet against mindmed ever returning a profit. Only way he’s going to get his money out is by ripping off retail investors when/if they go public and unloading his shares during the hype.

Maybe I’m off base because I haven’t looked into Mindmed much, but from your copy paste and knowing O’Leary, it’ll be a pump and dump trap for early investors.

BavarianBeast
02-11-2020, 03:51 PM
Beatles Love +

http://www.xpot.restaurant/

:thumbsup::angel::devil:

BavarianBeast
02-12-2020, 12:57 PM
Well, fellas. It’s been fun!

Figured I’d sign off on a good note after helping a few Beyonders overcome depressive states and help a few make some money!

Found some other garbage to waste my time with.

Best of luck to everyone on the forum, hope everyone finds what they want in life.

Cheers and adios!

ExtraSlow
02-16-2020, 01:40 PM
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEOG3fQv17a7H-7ifvO5QIQgqGQgEKhAIACoHCAow6f-ICzDjj4gDMM7tngY?hl=en-CA&gl=CA&ceid=CA%3Aen
Research into using mushrooms to relieve "end of life distress" sounds promising.

ExtraSlow
06-09-2020, 04:41 PM
Been quiet. Anyone other than BB buying stock?

adam c
06-09-2020, 04:52 PM
Have any leads?