PDA

View Full Version : German's know what's important in life

mr2mike
10-17-2019, 10:02 PM
They just voted down a proposal for a 130 km/h speed limit. :thumbsup:

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/autobahn-unlimited-unrestricted-speed-limit-vote/

Calgary city council on the other hand... Can't get speed limits slow enough for their likes.

ExtraSlow
10-17-2019, 10:40 PM
You know German toilets flush from back to front so you can inspect your material before it is washed away? Fucker shizehund

Disoblige
10-17-2019, 11:28 PM
I heard on an Alberta learner's knowledge test, one of the questions asks about flow of traffic. Something like if the speed limit was 100 and everyone was travelling 110, what do you do? Answer was go with the flow of traffic.

So just need everyone to drive 130 on the highway!

Xtrema
10-23-2019, 10:18 AM
You know German toilets flush from back to front so you can inspect your material before it is washed away? Fucker shizehund

I'll deal with poop deck if it means we get autobahn.

https://cdn.wonderfulengineering.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/german-toilet-768x512.jpeg

you&me
10-23-2019, 11:27 AM
I heard on an Alberta learner's knowledge test, one of the questions asks about flow of traffic. Something like if the speed limit was 100 and everyone was travelling 110, what do you do? Answer was go with the flow of traffic.

They must have changed their 'flexibility' on adhering to speed limits then, because I still remember the one multiple choice question I got wrong on my written test being something like:

"If you're travelling on a two lane road with a speed limit of 100km/h and you come up on another vehicle travelling at 95km/h, to pass them do you: "

And I chose the answer that said something to the effect of "increase your speed to pass at 110km/h and then resume the speed limit once you've completed the pass and are safely back in your lane"...

Evidently, that was the wrong choice because you're never supposed to exceed the speed limit... Which is stupid, and not to mention dangerous in that situation.

There is driving by the book and then there is driving by the rules of the road, which is not always the same thing.

Regarding the new, lower speed limits - I was opposed at first, but now I don't really care as I don't practically see how it will change anything... It will be highly unlikely and rare to have any actual enforcement of the 30km/h residential limits... I just hope they don't do something stupid with the collector road speeds.

killramos
10-23-2019, 11:33 AM

Got to backstop ticket revenue somehow!

01RedDX
10-23-2019, 12:10 PM

ThePenIsMightier
10-23-2019, 11:00 PM
German driving education is much more rigid and it costs thousands of euros to obtain your licence.
Minimum 21 for any unrestricted license, 18 before you can start driving alone, pass mandatory driving school and first aid courses, prior to the 2 stage test with a failure rate of 28%.
The driving lessons have to include all road and lighting conditions and if you want to drive an automatic during your test, you will only be permitted to drive an automatic.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driving_licence_in_Germany

I was told repeatedly while in neighbouring Denmark that in order to obtain a motorcycle license, you need to successfully perform a "stoppie".
Like, on the fucking exam.
"OK Jesper - riade tovards meé und den graub your frunt brayayke until de buck vheeel comes uff de groond und den caahmly release zit uhnteel de buck vheeel touches bahk doon veethout crashings. OK? Ready - GO!"

Disoblige
10-24-2019, 12:53 PM
"OK Jesper - riade tovards meé und den graub your frunt brayayke until de buck vheeel comes uff de groond und den caahmly release zit uhnteel de buck vheeel touches bahk doon veethout crashings. OK? Ready - GO!"
lol, please speak like this for the remainder of today at least.

ThePenIsMightier
10-24-2019, 02:02 PM
lol, please speak like this for the remainder of today at least.

I vill do almoost anythingü ferr repvutation points!