PDA

View Full Version : ZenOps hire me.

ZenOps
11-01-2019, 07:56 AM
Testing the waters here first, PM and I can drop by for interviews after Nov 11/2019.

Born in Calgary, Chinese ancestry (no USA parentage) middle aged, big head (74 IPD)
Self employed 20 years.
Education background: Computer programming (Pascal, Comal/Cobal, Fortran 77) HS with abject hatred of Rob Anders and just waved in hallways Nenshi. Primary year Geology UofC.
Proficient: Anything PC computer related.
Hobbies: Metals.

Looking for: Job in downtown core to South Calgary. I have not programmed a line of code in a decade, but would be willing to start fresh on Python (after skipping C, C++, and Java) "YouTube" VP9/H.264 coder would be the ultimate goal. Sit me in a comfy chair with a fast computer, or better yet a few percent of a big server farm, and ask me your hardest questions. Management? ok. Grunt? ok.

Not looking for: Job analyzing metal (including carbons) commodity pricing. Running around in car or heavy lifting. Job as an internet troll or political saboteur/saviour. Giving legal advice as not legally accredited.

Why now: Bored. Thought Pokémon Go would be able to fill a gap that others use golf to fill, but not quite.

eglove
11-01-2019, 08:49 AM
Zenops is 40ish years old??

nzwasp
11-01-2019, 12:26 PM
I reckon hes late 40s or early 50s. When i was in uni in early 2000s they were still teaching cobol but it was on its last legs.

Disoblige
11-01-2019, 12:34 PM
Is ZenOps rich and doesn't need the money?
Seems like the only reason he wants work is because of boredom.

Jealous.

ZenOps
11-01-2019, 12:55 PM
Money is good. I've also considered just starting up a company, list it at half a penny, and let people throw money at it.

Thing with programming is that at the level Alberta/Canada is at, most of anything anyone asked for being coded would not be anything more than open-source as a stop gap for a niche product. Being a realist knowing my own capability: Very little of it would be high enough quality or unique enough for a patent. The only reason I would return to programming is because of Python, would not be interested in C, C++, or Java now that they are definitively on the way out. No way am I getting caught in that trap of obsolescence again.

Og847HVwRSI

benyl
11-01-2019, 01:39 PM
Is ZenOps rich and doesn't need the money?
Seems like the only reason he wants work is because of boredom.

Jealous.

What do you think all the posts about nickle are? Of course he is rich, Nickle man, nickle.

mr2mike
11-01-2019, 09:06 PM
I know a guy with a "Hire me" shirt. I'm sure he'd beyond discount it for you.

ZenOps
11-02-2019, 04:38 AM
What do you think all the posts about nickle are? Of course he is rich, Nickle man, nickle.

Yes, my precious.