PDA

View Full Version : Best brand LEDs for longevity? (Ex: 1156 turn signals, etc.)

Disoblige
11-17-2019, 03:01 PM
Anyone have suggestions and real life experiences with any LEDs they have used for their car's turn signals, back up lights, DRLs, etc. that are bright but also reliable?

Particularly looking for 1156A with built-in resistor to replace my burnt out halogen DRLs/turn signals but upon inspection on Amazon, I just see a bunch of cheap China brands that I don't trust. Worst case if I can't find any I will replace with halogens again.

I had some license plate bulbs on another car that overheated and caused a small fire in the bulb enclosure before the fuse blew which was an eye opener on using cheap shit.

dj_rice
11-17-2019, 03:16 PM
I've ordered from superbrightleds.com and vleds.com

But the price-points for the China/Amazon/Ebay bulbs can't be beat.

Disoblige
11-17-2019, 03:24 PM
I've ordered from superbrightleds.com and vleds.com
Could be just my experience but I ordered a few sets around a decade ago from superbrightleds and they didn't last very long. Flickered and dead diodes less than a year and most died after winter hit. A lot of the reviews on there are over 5 years old.

You would think in 2019 we would have cheaper and more reliable LED options (with built in resistors, etc.) for automotive uses.

3nergiz3d
11-17-2019, 08:54 PM
Always have gone with Diode Dynamics. No issues with their bulbs.

mr2mike
11-18-2019, 08:41 AM
I've used www.oznium.com a few times. Not a vast selection of bulbs but the ones they have are very bright and have never had issues with.

Edit: Looks like he doesn't do much auto anymore. Probably too much competition. Just home and custom work.