PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a furnace guy

95EG6P
11-23-2019, 12:28 PM
My eco bee keeps on resetting. It is not the battery on the eco bee as it is plug to power supply. I have replace the filter and the filter on the humidifier as well. I have increase the blower speed and the furnace still resets. I was going to replace the blower switch but none is in stock. Any one know a good furnace guy please and thanks

roopi
11-23-2019, 12:34 PM
Have you check the airflow to the furnace from outside? Coathanger to clear it out if it's plugged.

95EG6P
11-23-2019, 12:54 PM
Have you check the airflow to the furnace from outside? Coathanger to clear it out if it's plugged.

Just checked it nothing is blocking the airflow outside

dj_rice
11-23-2019, 12:58 PM
If furnace keeps resetting, is there a diagnostic window with LEDs? Check the LED blinking sequence and refer to the manual on whats the issue

Darell_n
11-23-2019, 01:02 PM
Sounds like you need an Ecobee guy, not a furnace guy. What does 'Ecobee resetting' mean specifically? Is it losing it's settings?

95EG6P
11-23-2019, 01:05 PM
If furnace keeps resetting, is there a diagnostic window with LEDs? Check the LED blinking sequence and refer to the manual on whats the issue

There are no lights on the furnace only on the water tank there are lights

- - - Updated - - -

The eco.bee is shutting on and off due to the short cycle of the furnace

Darell_n
11-23-2019, 01:08 PM
There are no lights on the furnace only on the water tank there are lights

- - - Updated - - -

The eco.bee is shutting on and off due to the short cycle of the furnace

Is your Ecobee shutting on and off causing the short cycle of the furnace? The power from the furnace to the thermostat should be constant no matter what it's doing unless the furnace blower compartment door switch is flaking out and the battery in the thermostat is dead at the same time. If neither of these are true, then your Ecobee is faulty.

Super_Geo
11-23-2019, 01:08 PM
I use Advanpro on my parents' units/rentals and would recommend them.

https://g.page/CalgaryFurnaceCleaning?share

sabad66
11-23-2019, 04:40 PM
If your ecobee common is powered by an external adapter, I don’t see how your furnace could be causing it to reset. Maybe there is an issue with the power adapter? Any reason you didn’t run a common wire from the furnace board?

Also do ecobees even have a battery? I have a 3 and a 4 and don’t recall ever seeing one. Maybe the latest gens do?