PDA

View Full Version : flashlogic dealer in calgary?

Thaco
11-25-2019, 05:26 PM
I have a Flrsch4 that i installed on the wife's minivan last year, but the stock remote range and lack of 2-way just doesn't work for us, so i want to install the ASCL6 carlink which is a smartphone app interface for it, i talked to the guy i got the original unit from on eBay and he said it will work, but i need to find a Canadian seller for Canadian service...

Anybody know someone who sells this at a reasonable price? (or know if he's wrong/ according to the carlink website it should work across north america so i would imagine they'd all have agreements with carriers on both sides of the border regardless where its purchased)

silvercivicsir
11-27-2019, 11:49 AM
As far as I know, Flashlogic is US only thing (kinda of a sub brand for Audiovox).. Never seen a Flashlogic dealer in Canada.. but really, it's the exact same as Idatalink.. You are better off getting a MYCar which is the same as the ascl6, but for Canada..

Visions sells the My Car.

Thaco
11-27-2019, 11:54 AM
As far as I know, Flashlogic is US only thing (kinda of a sub brand for Audiovox).. Never seen a Flashlogic dealer in Canada.. but really, it's the exact same as Idatalink.. You are better off getting a MYCar which is the same as the ascl6, but for Canada..

Visions sells the My Car.

thanks, i just got that figured out this morning, i saw visions is listed as a dealer, as long as it interfaces with my flrsch4 i dont care what it is, i was actually looking at the bluetooth module now (ASCLBTLR) because there's no subscription required and i dont need the tracking and all that jaz, i just need increased range and 2-way confirmation

i would imagine that doesn't care about region since it doesn't use network.

silvercivicsir
11-27-2019, 12:31 PM
Shouldn't matter, since you getting the bluetooth / 2way connected kit. You most likely will need to reflash the Flrsch4, as I think the com is different.

Thaco
11-27-2019, 12:40 PM
Shouldn't matter, since you getting the bluetooth / 2way connected kit. You most likely will need to reflash the Flrsch4, as I think the com is different.

the place i bought the flrsch4 from said its programmed and should be compatible... i just bought it from some ebay shop and they had preflashed it for my van and it worked fine, so i trust when they say that it should be ready to go.

Thaco
12-23-2019, 02:47 PM
So i bought the ASCLBTLR off amazon.com and just got it installed and its not linking to my phone via bluetooth and the one time it did link it wanted me to select the model of my starter and then the "protocol failed" whatever that means, says call tech support and quote error #5, but i would imagine they wont talk to me since i am not an installer, might need to take it somewhere. I have used autotech before for other brand sof starters, anybody know of someone that can help me out before i start calling around?