PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay in Maui & what to do?

Pages : [1] 2

s2k_boi
11-26-2019, 10:00 PM
Hi,

Just booked a trip for the family to Maui next year. Where would you recommend staying that won't cost an arm and a leg and what to do with the family there. Keep in mine I will have 4 yr and 2 yr old with me.

ExtraSlow
11-26-2019, 10:45 PM
Paging 89coupe....

90_Shelby
11-26-2019, 10:52 PM
Hi,

Just booked a trip for the family to Maui next year. Where would you recommend staying that won't cost an arm and a leg and what to do with the family there. Keep in mine I will have 4 yr and 2 yr old with me.

Paging 89coupe....

You missed a key component of his post. We can't all be ballers making 89coupe money.

89coupe
11-26-2019, 11:16 PM
Hi,

I book with these ladies, they have a total of 8 units located in Ekahi Village. In my opinion one of the nicest locations on the island.

https://bestwaileacondos.com/

https://www.ekahivacationcondos.com/

Road to Hana is a fun day trip, leave early, end by hiking up to Waimoku falls.

Haleakala is a fun day trip, sunset is better than the sunrise. Go early as the the top observation parking lot fills up fast.

Drive up to Honolua Bay for swimming, a gorgeous beach and amazing snorkelling.

Only cost is the rental, park passes and whatever food you pack for snacks.

Lots of affordable places to eat, all depends on your preference for food.

There is a Costco on the island and a 24hr Safeway, buy food for your condo and make your own dinners.

All the beaches are free, and have public access.

Let me know your budget and I can recommend activities that cost money.

ExtraSlow
11-27-2019, 07:50 AM
You missed a key component of his post. We can't all be ballers making 89coupe money.
Hey brother, I hear ya. I've never even been to Hawaii, whole place is too baller for me.

speedog
11-27-2019, 08:06 AM
Hey brother, I hear ya. I've never even been to Hawaii, whole place is too baller for me.

Said the guy looking to spend $400 on some headphones.

ExtraSlow
11-27-2019, 08:29 AM
Said the guy looking to spend $400 on some headphones.

The guy trying NOT to spend $400 on some headphones and agonizing over the cost.

Tik-Tok
11-27-2019, 10:10 AM

If our dollar wasn't so shitty, it's actually not that expensive compared to the usual Canadian ripoff prices. When we were on par with the USD, the prices were pretty identical to staying anywhere touristy in Canada. Hotel, meals, etc.

killramos
11-27-2019, 10:12 AM
Lol in my experience Maui is take whatever you think in a reasonable cost and triple it and that what you should expect. Across the board.

But it’s a great place. Super nice and lots of fun.

KO22
11-27-2019, 10:18 AM
I was just there 3 weeks ago for the first time, I did the VRBO route and both places I stayed in (Lahaina @ Lahaina Maui Vacation Resort and Kihei @ Kihei Resort) were great and relatively inexpensive (I paid the same amount to fly to Cancun for spring break in my university years). Wailea is definitely a nice area, same as Kaanapali beach but you're paying an arm and a leg to stay in the area for pretty much no reason and the condos we got were really nice and had lots of room (and had paddle/snorkeling gear in both places, everything you need..). You'll need a rental car pretty everywhere regardless, and parking at all the beaches and what not I never had an issue with. Get your car from: https://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/

Definitely visit Aloha Mixed Grill in Lahaina, food is AWESOME as is the view. Also check out Kihei Caffe for breakfast.

Road to Hana was really nice, black sand beach was incredible scenary, lots of waterfalls to check out. If you like Thai food go to the place in Hana, definitely recommend it as it tasted the exact same as I had in Thailand.

I pretty much saw everything except the crater cause I really didn't care for it to be honest... so if you have any questions just pm me.

$ wise, I spent $2300-2500 for 8 days (including flight from Vancouver) all in.

asp integra
11-27-2019, 10:46 AM
I did Homeaway/vrbo 2 years ago and stayed in a great unit at the Kamaole Sands building in south Kehei, right across from Kam 3 beach. Such a nice spot. I would definitely recommend that building, lots of other people I know have stayed there and loved it.
As far as things to do, there are so many amazing beaches to check out, Makena being my favourite, surf, golf, tour around, eat.

Tik-Tok
11-27-2019, 11:29 AM
I did Homeaway/vrbo 2 years ago and stayed in a great unit at the Kamaole Sands building in south Kehei, right across from Kam 3 beach. Such a nice spot. I would definitely recommend that building, lots of other people I know have stayed there and loved it.
As far as things to do, there are so many amazing beaches to check out, Makena being my favourite, surf, golf, tour around, eat.

I always recommend south Kihei or Wailea. It's older and a little more rundown than all the new hotels and resorts in Kaanapali, but the beaches and restaurants aren't crammed full like Miami Beach.

Mitsu3000gt
11-27-2019, 11:52 AM
Maui is the most expensive island but it's not nearly as bad as people would have you believe. You don't have to do a helicopter tour every day and eat every meal at Mama's Fish House. Accommodation will always be by far your biggest single expenditure but other than that it's really not bad at all. Flights are almost always cheap as well unless you're going for Christmas or something.

I've been to Maui 4 times and it has almost always been under budget. Looking at the last time I went, it was 10 nights, direct flights were $430 via WestJet ($370 with AC if you were willing to connect via Vancover), rental car $300 (midsize/Elantra), condo-style accommodation walking distance from Lahaina and steps from the ocean $830/pp (4 of us). Good food and fresh fish is not expensive if you avoid the over-hyped restaurants. Once you're there, a lot of what you will probably want to do is free (beaches, hikes, road to Hana, Haleakala, etc.) The best 2hr whale tours are about $50/pp if you're going between ~Nov-Mar.

If you REALLY want to do it on the cheap, buy your food at Costco on day 1 and cook your own dinners, but going out to eat every day is half the fun of Vacation IMO.

bigbadboss101
02-09-2020, 08:25 AM
Enjoyed day one with our kids. Coffee and breakfast out, Costco run and a beach across from our place. Planning to visit Aquarium, road to Hana, Makena beach, some of the restaurants, and a few other places next few days.

89coupe
02-09-2020, 10:46 AM
Enjoyed day one with our kids. Coffee and breakfast out, Costco run and a beach across from our place. Planning to visit Aquarium, road to Hana, Makena beach, some of the restaurants, and a few other places next few days.

What part of the island are you staying at?

89coupe
02-09-2020, 11:10 AM

Just a heads up, Makena beach (big beach) is not a kid friendly beach, the shore break is very dangerous if you are not familiar and I wouldn’t recommend it for smaller children unless you are very comfortable in a strong current and a good swimmer.

If you are staying in Wailea or Kehei there are much safer beaches for kids.

I would recommend Ulua beach instead.

2Legit2Quit
02-09-2020, 03:47 PM
I'm in Kauai at the moment, hope it's nice and sunny on Maui as it is here today

taemo
02-09-2020, 03:49 PM
^lots of sea urchins there too, also don't venture to Little beach with your kids

referring to 89coupe

jwslam
02-10-2020, 09:21 AM
road to Hana
The audio tour (paid app) is pretty good. It gives you lots of options for pitstops along the way. Definitely make sure you get a head start on it (like 7:30/8am) if you plan to be on the way back before dark.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shaka.guide.maui

There's a bunch of other trips you can take on the app too but I didn't try those
Apparently there's versions for different islands too

edit: no view but Da Kitchen (https://dakitchen.com/) is Da Bomb for food.

bigbadboss101
02-10-2020, 11:08 AM
Thanks guys. We are across the street from Charlie Young Beach in Kihei.. Current was pretty strong there on Saturday. Sunday we did go to Big Beach and it was windy. Either day no or not many young ones in the water. Not many adults in the water either.

Will check out the aquarium today. Do the Sunrise and Hana the next couple days.

Mother in law and my wife and the enjoying it so far. Will also find a nice place to eat with nice view. Went for sushi at Sensei last night. My wife and I spent $125 without alcohol. We went to Costco for groceries the day after we arrived! One can spend $ at Costco regardless of where they are :-)

taemo
02-10-2020, 11:32 AM
Will also find a nice place to eat with nice view.

https://www.mamasfishhouse.com/

view of the North shore is amazing from there.

89coupe
02-10-2020, 11:59 AM
Thanks guys. We are across the street from Charlie Young Beach in Kihei.. Current was pretty strong there on Saturday. Sunday we did go to Big Beach and it was windy. Either day no or not many young ones in the water. Not many adults in the water either.

Will check out the aquarium today. Do the Sunrise and Hana the next couple days.

Mother in law and my wife and the enjoying it so far. Will also find a nice place to eat with nice view. Went for sushi at Sensei last night. My wife and I spent $125 without alcohol. We went to Costco for groceries the day after we arrived! One can spend $ at Costco regardless of where they are :-)

There is a great place for lunch in Kehei that I highly recommend. Super fresh and tasty!
https://nalusmaui.com/

For BBQ this place is awesome as well, also located in Kehei
http://www.fatdaddysmaui.com/

For dinner, hands down Mamas Fish House. Might be tough getting resos on short notice though.
https://www.mamasfishhouse.com/

If you want to stay on the south side then Humble Market Kitchen by Roy Yamaguchi
https://www.royyamaguchi.com/humble-market-kitchen-maui

88CRX
02-10-2020, 12:11 PM
Just a heads up, Makena beach (big beach) is not a kid friendly beach,

Take them to Little Beach then haha

bigboom
02-10-2020, 12:23 PM
I'm in Kauai at the moment, hope it's nice and sunny on Maui as it is here today

Weather is rainy and windy here this morning. :guns:

kJUMP
02-10-2020, 06:53 PM
just got back from maui, was a first time visit for me. stayed at the ho'olei of the grand wailea resort, a pretty incredible 3BR/3.5bath townhouse in a complex just behind the resort. total of 6 adults that included a set of grandparents and 2 kids under two. did 2 half days at wailea beach, 2 half days in the pool, aquarium during the only wet day last week, some shopping, lots of shaved ice, lunches and dinners out in addition to a round of 18 on wailea blue course. it was a bit shocking how quickly the time went.

restaurants that we particularly enjoyed were mama's fish house, sansei seafood and sushi (very accommodating to families) and nick's fish market at the fairmont. however, the best meal we had was probably at home with crab legs that we had bought from costco.

didn't love the overnight flight back to calgary because it's hard on the toddlers and subsequent meltdowns (shortlived thankfully) but at least you get to squeeze in almost one more full day there.

94CoRd
02-11-2020, 10:50 AM
just got back from maui, was a first time visit for me. stayed at the ho'olei of the grand wailea resort, a pretty incredible 3BR/3.5bath townhouse in a complex just behind the resort. total of 6 adults that included a set of grandparents and 2 kids under two. did 2 half days at wailea beach, 2 half days in the pool, aquarium during the only wet day last week, some shopping, lots of shaved ice, lunches and dinners out in addition to a round of 18 on wailea blue course. it was a bit shocking how quickly the time went.

restaurants that we particularly enjoyed were mama's fish house, sansei seafood and sushi (very accommodating to families) and nick's fish market at the fairmont. however, the best meal we had was probably at home with crab legs that we had bought from costco.

didn't love the overnight flight back to calgary because it's hard on the toddlers and subsequent meltdowns (shortlived thankfully) but at least you get to squeeze in almost one more full day there.

Westjet 1857? There was a dad in row ~15 who I felt so bad for. It looked like he had spent the day battling food poisoning, maybe a hangover, and was dealing with one of the biggest toddler meltdowns I have ever seen, but I digress. Just got back from Maui ourselves. Spent a week with our 9 month old, and some family friends who had a 4 MO. Was a great trip. Mama's fish house was probably one of the best meals I've ever had. Toured around Lahina for a day, Wailea another, but spent most of our time in Kihei around our accommodations pool and the surrounding beaches. Maui Brewing Co was a nice way to spend an afternoon too!

kJUMP
02-11-2020, 02:34 PM
Westjet 1857? There was a dad in row ~15 who I felt so bad for. It looked like he had spent the day battling food poisoning, maybe a hangover, and was dealing with one of the biggest toddler meltdowns I have ever seen, but I digress. Just got back from Maui ourselves. Spent a week with our 9 month old, and some family friends who had a 4 MO. Was a great trip. Mama's fish house was probably one of the best meals I've ever had. Toured around Lahina for a day, Wailea another, but spent most of our time in Kihei around our accommodations pool and the surrounding beaches. Maui Brewing Co was a nice way to spend an afternoon too!

AC 588 actually, when we were booking the WJ flights were 30% more for some reason. so many kids on both flights, in varying states of disarray and sleep debt, so didn't feel too too bad when ours went haywire for a bit. glad to hear you guys had a great time! mama's in particular was such a great experience that went beyond the food... beautiful views of the north shore, large and nicely decorated restaurant, prompt friendly service etc etc

bigbadboss101
02-12-2020, 11:44 PM
So regarding Maui we missed making reservation for Haleakalā for sunrise. So where is another good place to see the sunrise? Wife is not into seeing the sunset up there.

The_Rural_Juror
02-13-2020, 12:10 AM
You need a reservation now?

Mitsu3000gt
02-13-2020, 11:04 AM
You need a reservation now?

Yup.

And since the 2018 floods, on Kauai you now need a parking permit to go past Hanalei to Tunnels Beach, Ke'e beach or the Kalalau trail. They have a shuttle as well. A few popular things on those islands are becoming very regulated.

89coupe
02-13-2020, 03:36 PM
So regarding Maui we missed making reservation for Haleakalā for sunrise. So where is another good place to see the sunrise? Wife is not into seeing the sunset up there.

Honestly the sunrise is a pain in the ass. You have to wake up so early to make it anywhere to see it.

The sunset is way more impressive. I’ve done both.

Mitsu3000gt
02-13-2020, 04:17 PM
Honestly the sunrise is a pain in the ass. You have to wake up so early to make it anywhere to see it.

It is entirely dependent on the exact conditions for the particular day and what the clouds are doing as to which is more impressive. Of the few I've seen, the sunrises have been better (which is why the sunrise there is so famous) but it just depends on the conditions. If you're flexible time-wise, make your decision based on weather. It wasn't at all difficult or a PITA the few times I have been.

90_Shelby
02-13-2020, 08:15 PM

A recommendation we received was to go up to see the sunrise on your first morning in Maui, that way it’s easier to get up early due to the time change.

89coupe
02-13-2020, 10:16 PM
A recommendation we received was to go up to see the sunrise on your first morning in Maui, that way it’s easier to get up early due to the time change.

For first time visitors I can’t imagine wanting to wake up at 5am the first day out to drive from most accommodations in Maui for more than an hour in pitch dark conditions in an unfamiliar setting to make your way to the top of a volcano. Cold and usually windy, stumbling over rocks to find a spot amongst a 100+ tourists also stumbling in the dark to watch the sun rise, freezing your ass off.

I always suggest going for the sunset if it’s your first time so you can familiarize yourself with the location and all the paths. Makes it way easier to navigate if you choose to do the sunrise. Cause you are literally blind in the dark if you don’t know where to go.

90_Shelby
02-13-2020, 10:53 PM
For first time visitors I can’t imagine wanting to wake up at 5am the first day out to drive from most accommodations in Maui for more than an hour in pitch dark conditions in an unfamiliar setting to make your way to the top of a volcano. Cold and usually windy, stumbling over rocks to find a spot amongst a 100+ tourists also stumbling in the dark to watch the sun rise, freezing your ass off.

I always suggest going for the sunset if it’s your first time so you can familiarize yourself with the location and all the paths. Makes it way easier to navigate if you choose to do the sunrise. Cause you are literally blind in the dark if you don’t know where to go.

I'm not going to try and convince someone what to do on their vacation but if someone wanted to go and see the sunrise, going on the first morning when you arrive makes the most sense. Personally, I'm awake between 6AM and 7AM everyday in Calgary, Maui time, that's 3-4AM. It's an hour and a half drive from Wailea to the top, and sunrise is at 7AM Maui time, plenty of time to drive up.

We were fortunate that the Jeep we rented 6 years ago had headlights and I have experience driving when it's dark out therefore the drive was no problem at all. We parked at the parking lot at the top and easily walked through the parking lot to the visitor center to grab a spot inside at a window. Yes it was cold, which is expected but there was no wind, maybe we got lucky? The parking lot was paved and the sidewalk clean and clear so we didn't have troubles stumbling or finding our way on the short walk to the visitor center either. :dunno:

Sounds like we've had very different experiences.

89coupe
02-13-2020, 11:08 PM
I'm not going to try and convince someone what to do on their vacation but if someone wanted to go and see the sunrise, going on the first morning when you arrive makes the most sense. Personally, I'm awake between 6AM and 7AM everyday in Calgary, Maui time, that's 3-4AM. It's an hour and a half drive from Wailea to the top, and sunrise is at 7AM Maui time, plenty of time to drive up.

We were fortunate that the Jeep we rented 6 years ago had headlights and I have experience driving when it's dark out therefore the drive was no problem at all. We parked at the parking lot at the top and easily walked through the parking lot to the visitor center to grab a spot inside at a window. Yes it was cold, which is expected but there was no wind, maybe we got lucky? The parking lot was paved and the sidewalk clean and clear so we didn't have troubles stumbling or finding our way on the short walk to the visitor center either. :dunno:

Sounds like we've had very different experiences.

Exactly my point, sounds like you walked to the edge of the parking lot to the guard rail by the visitor centre where most first time people go along with the tour bus groups. When it’s that dark most don’t realize there is an awesome path to a look out point that takes roughly 15 minutes to walk up where you have a more surreal experience and view. We discovered this during our visit for the sunset, we walked around for a couple hours enjoying the amazing views. Made planning for the sunrise way better and much more enjoyable.

Saying that, the sunset is still much more enjoyable.

bigbadboss101
02-13-2020, 11:56 PM
Well, going home soon. Night flight. Our 20 month boy cried for a good amount on the flight here. Will see how it goes on our way back. Vacation can be stressful with two little ones. Both grandmas also joined us. We did enjoy the sites, sights, food and good times. Now I have the vas surgery to look forward to on Tuesday!

Mitsu3000gt
02-14-2020, 10:40 AM
Lol, it's not NEARLY that bad. There is only 2 or 3 turns all the way from Kihei to the summit and everyone has google maps. When you're up there, you aren't stumbling over rocks - you walk across the paved parking lot to a viewing center with a couple dozen other people or you can go down a path for a different vantage point. If you want to do it, go - it's super easy. There's a reason the sunrise if famous and not the sunset, but like I said before it's entirely dependent on the individual conditions for that day (mostly clouds). It's also not that dark because there are tons of people, cars, and lights up there - and you can use the flashlight on your phone to light your path if you really need to. If you want to go exploring, bring a flashlight or use your phone. I think coupe was on a different mountain :rofl:

ExtraSlow
02-14-2020, 10:46 AM
I think coupe was on a different mountain :rofl:he always is man.

bigbadboss101
02-14-2020, 08:11 PM
Flight here was delayed 6 hours, with 5 time changes.
We got two notices so far and delay of 2:05. Fun!

ExtraSlow
02-14-2020, 08:40 PM
Flight here was delayed 6 hours, with 5 time changes.
We got two notices so far and delay of 2:05. Fun!

Keep track of all the flight delay announcements and reasons. You may be entitled to pretty decent compensation.

holden
08-09-2023, 07:31 AM
Seems like Maui is on fire. Evacuation orders in the south and west side. Many residents and visitors forced to stay in shelters.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/maui-wildfires-08-09-23/index.html

nismodrifter
08-09-2023, 08:23 AM
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2023/08/09/coast-guard-joins-brush-fire-response-lahaina-where-crews-continue-battle-wind-whipped-flames/

killramos
08-09-2023, 08:34 AM
Lahaina? You aren’t missing much if it disappeared.

2Legit2Quit
08-09-2023, 08:36 AM

A town burning down is always comical. Idiot.

killramos
08-09-2023, 08:51 AM
A town burning down is always comical. Idiot.

2Legit2Quit
08-09-2023, 09:08 AM
Alright you can count on me to laugh when your home burns down

Just kidding

Maybe?

killramos
08-09-2023, 09:10 AM
Go for it lol, I’d be ecstatic if my house burned down actually

In the meantime it sounds like the parts of Maui I actually like are free and clear :thumbsup:

SJW
08-09-2023, 09:16 AM
I just booked 10 days in Lahaina last week :(

It's for April though. I can sleep on the beach.

holden
08-09-2023, 10:43 AM

Not a fan of the Banyan tree?

JustinL
08-09-2023, 10:45 AM
Or historic buildings?

pheoxs
08-09-2023, 10:58 AM
Yikes. Supposed to go the first week of October to Kaanapali. Would appreciate if anyone can post links of what burns so we can adjust plans / rebook activities if needed.

rage2
08-09-2023, 11:25 AM
Not a fan of the Banyan tree?
I just recreated the tree picture there this feb. guess that’s the last one.

Wonder if star noodle burnt down. I won’t miss it but 89coupe will.

npham
08-09-2023, 11:31 AM
Star Noodle was good, but it was very average the last time we went. I thought it was much better before Sheldon Simeon went on Top Chef.

JRSC00LUDE
08-09-2023, 11:49 AM

I will laugh instead of filing a hurt feelings report.

jutes
08-09-2023, 11:56 AM
When will people start taking climate change seriously...

rage2
08-09-2023, 12:07 PM
When will people start taking climate change seriously...
No kidding. Can't believe AMG is bringing back V8s.

holden
08-09-2023, 12:56 PM

Looks like Lahaina is burnt to the ground.

https://www.facebook.com/1003045402/videos/989569092271534/mibextid=UVffzb

pheoxs
08-09-2023, 01:05 PM
Looks like Lahaina is burnt to the ground.

That's so horrible to see

jutes
08-09-2023, 01:28 PM
Oh wow that's way more than I expected.

2Legit2Quit
08-09-2023, 01:45 PM
Torched

Xtrema
08-09-2023, 01:57 PM
Boy, love to see the insurance premium there when they rebuild.

Fire and flood risk seems to get worse every year and all you hear is insurance companies are pulling out markets with high risk.

pheoxs
08-09-2023, 02:13 PM
Boy, love to see the insurance premium there when they rebuild.

Fire and flood risk seems to get worse every year and all you hear is insurance companies are pulling out markets with high risk.

Presumably this would be declared a federal disaster and thus insurance doesn't really take the brunt of it no? Similar to Alberta using its Disaster Recovery Program to cover the costs of some of our major events

88CRX
08-09-2023, 02:55 PM
Torched

Is this the hilarious part? Or did I miss the punch line?

2Legit2Quit
08-09-2023, 03:06 PM
Is this the hilarious part? Or did I miss the punch line?

You have to let killa tell the joke to get it, or perhaps a few strong huffs from some paint might make it funny

roopi
08-09-2023, 03:06 PM
6 people dead so far. Is it funnier now?

Tik-Tok
08-09-2023, 03:15 PM
Lighten up guys. We always have and always will make jokes about disasters and death.

ExtraSlow
08-09-2023, 03:24 PM
It's a common coping mechanism for people experiencing genuine grief, or people uneasy with our fragile existence.

Also sometimes it's legitimately funny.

killramos
08-09-2023, 03:35 PM
Now where will I find someone to sell me a $15 pineapple whip

Oh yea. A lot of places.

max_boost
08-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Lol 1min - too soon killy
UfkQQrcH5u0

bjstare
08-09-2023, 03:44 PM
Fuck, ppl are soft. His joke wasn’t very good, but it was hardly offensive.

Xtrema
08-09-2023, 03:59 PM
Presumably this would be declared a federal disaster and thus insurance doesn't really take the brunt of it no? Similar to Alberta using its Disaster Recovery Program to cover the costs of some of our major events

Don't know how it works in the US but if that's the case, insurance companies will never need to pull out.

If banks will only write loans if house is covered by insurance, lack of insurance or high insurance is going to be as deadly as high interest rate, bursting RE bubble in places like Cali and Florida.

Buster
08-09-2023, 03:59 PM
Never heard of it.

INITIALD
08-09-2023, 06:24 PM
Go for it lol, I’d be ecstatic if my house burned down actually

You are undoubtedly the toughest guy on the internet.

killramos
08-09-2023, 06:54 PM
You are undoubtedly the toughest guy on the internet.

Doesn’t say much about the internet

max_boost
08-09-2023, 07:37 PM
developing a fan base
killy might be the guy to take some heat off 89coupe aha

ExtraSlow
08-09-2023, 07:40 PM
The hero Gotham deserves.

jutes
08-09-2023, 07:44 PM

Is this the comment that started the firestorm? I didn’t read it as a joke, but rather a trip advisor type review.

g-m
08-09-2023, 07:50 PM
Fuck, ppl are soft. His joke wasn’t very good, but it was hardly offensive.

TRIGGER WARNING

No kidding when did beyond become so sensitive

Edit: made my post more appropriate for the thread

SJW
08-09-2023, 07:57 PM
developing a fan base
killy might be the guy to take some heat off 89coupe aha

I’m getting close to not eating buffet anymore if this continues.

I’m being faseesh

killramos
08-09-2023, 07:57 PM
Is this the comment that started the firestorm? I didn’t read it as a joke, but rather a trip advisor type review.

The best jokes are based in truth

SJW
08-09-2023, 08:31 PM
The best jokes are based in truth

My daddy always said “fuck em if they can’t take a joke”

ExtraSlow
08-09-2023, 09:09 PM
My daddy always said “fuck em if they can’t take a joke”

Well that's just going to make them more angry.

Buster
08-09-2023, 10:42 PM
I'm not saying they were asking for it with all that mahalo nonsense. But...

pheoxs
08-09-2023, 11:17 PM
I'm not saying they were asking for it with all that mahalo nonsense. But...

This new Luau is really bringing the authenticity of the fire dancing.

Maxx Mazda
08-10-2023, 08:10 AM

Haven't you only been there once?

killramos
08-10-2023, 08:26 AM
Haven't you only been there once?

Lahaina specifically?

Yup. It’s a dirty over tourist ridden dump. A glorified piss break for cruise ship patrons.

Why would I go back when there are much nicer places to spend your time on Maui.

Maybe they will build it back better this time.

Buster
08-10-2023, 08:28 AM
Hawaii in general is way over-rated.

msommers
08-10-2023, 08:46 AM
Bru you don't even like travelling regardless of where it is :rofl:

Buster
08-10-2023, 08:54 AM
Bru you don't even like travelling regardless of where it is :rofl:

I dunno, I recently saw some pics of a place called "Paris". You've probably never heard of it.

2Legit2Quit
08-10-2023, 08:54 AM
To be fair you don't really need to travel when you have a paddle boat on a lake

rage2
08-10-2023, 08:57 AM
Lahaina is for people that can barely afford Maui and still have to stretch their budget just to say they’re in Maui. That said, I’m one of those people that prefer Oahu over Maui so my opinions are meaningless.

max_boost
08-10-2023, 09:03 AM
Just found out this is where the gf wanted to take me before deciding on Mexico
Watched a couple videos on this and wow, devastation, feels bad for the people but seriously who pays? Insurance? Tax payers? Can you take the money and go elsewhere :nut:

Buster
08-10-2023, 09:52 AM
To be fair you don't really need to travel when you have a paddle boat on a lake

Being in a paddle boat on a goose toilet is better than wistfully daydreaming about your once-a-year 7 day escape from reality in Dresden Laihana.

whoreads
08-10-2023, 10:03 AM
Hawaii in general is way over-rated.

They seem so cool on TV but then you get there and everyone is 600 lbs and on meth.

ExtraSlow
08-10-2023, 10:14 AM
If you stick to the linen tablecloth kind of places it's supposed to be okay. Or that's what my favourite food and drink Instagram account says.

max_boost
08-10-2023, 10:38 AM
Being in a paddle boat on a goose toilet is better than wistfully daydreaming about your once-a-year 7 day escape from reality in Dresden Laihana.
I do see where you coming from but maybe cuz you have time travel abilities like some other high ranking beyonders aha the rest of us have to experience it to get the same feeling, my recent trip, other than seeing if I survive it with a new gf, reminded me of the same old same old, hop on a plane, eat some food, walk around, look at some art, take some pics and being in really crowded places lol however that’s a break from the norm I guess. Always being in Calgary also does get boring too.

Buster
08-10-2023, 10:53 AM
I haven't been bored in at least 20 years.

max_boost
08-10-2023, 11:01 AM
Aha amazing

g-m
08-10-2023, 11:07 AM
I haven't been bored in at least 20 years.

Have you tried watching the bachelorette? Or baseball?