PDA

View Full Version : amazing meal megathread.

Buster
12-04-2019, 01:59 AM
Had a free night here in NY, so went to Shuko...restaurant that's been on my list.

I had the keiseke. yolo.

Eater doc on the restaurant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P61sl3uraAE

Dishes weren't the same, of course. It's not really a place to pull out your phone every minute for the gram, so I just grabbed a couple of snaps.

The front door is hilarious. It's on a side street in Manhattan, and I walked by the damn place 3 times before I realized there was no sign. Just a door with a small "47" on it for the address. Fucking awesome.

One of the early courses was Toro with caviar. Amazeballs.

Some sort of japanese pumpkin roasted thing.

Their aburi toro is done by laying a piece of Binchotan onto the tuna. One of the single best morsels of food I've ever had.

dashi was amazing.

There were a bunch of other courses which I didn't snap cause I hate it when people pull out phones in these types of restaurants. The space is quite small, and there were about 25 servers for the 13 seats, not including kitchen staff. You get your own sushi chef basically, depending on when you start your meal, and then the usual mixologist, som, a manager person, people busing your every dish and movement, and a server.

The cocktail I had at the beginning was 10/10, and worth every penny.

Highly recommended 5/5. If you're in NY, it's worth checking out.

ercchry
12-04-2019, 06:46 AM
We’ll have to get a beyond baller group together once Darren (Shokunin) gets his new concepts opened, one of which is a 7 seater chef’s table

...I’ve been in TO for work, haven’t ate much note worthy but did just find the assembly hall food court for lunches, gonna explore a few more stalls before I leave for sure

Buster
12-04-2019, 08:20 AM
We’ll have to get a beyond baller group together once Darren (Shokunin) gets his new concepts opened, one of which is a 7 seater chef’s table

...I’ve been in TO for work, haven’t ate much note worthy but did just find the assembly hall food court for lunches, gonna explore a few more stalls before I leave for sure

Gogogo

http://www.sushikaji.com/

sabad66
12-04-2019, 10:05 AM

Check out Lee Restaurant. My company hosted a promotional event there and it was amazing, one of the best meals I’ve had

GenerationX
12-04-2019, 10:40 AM

PM me if you want any suggestions for food! Moved here for about a year now.

Buster
12-04-2019, 10:54 AM

I'm down with anything Darren does. That guy is a genius.

rage2
12-04-2019, 09:50 PM

Curly fries, McRib and authentic Fanta. Nuff said.

Buster
12-04-2019, 10:28 PM
nothing wrong with a mcrib, friend.

trieu
12-04-2019, 10:42 PM
Try Sushi Noz sitting at the counter or AMANE while in NYC. They are both incredible.