PDA

View Full Version : World health club has a new name

ee2k
12-05-2019, 12:01 AM
World health club has rebranded and is now called Gym VMT. Or something that Prince (May he Rest In Peace) would call himself, GYMVMT. None of it makes sense and neither do my thoughts around a gym, but I’m still telling people I go to world health when asked because I don’t even know how to say it.

ExtraSlow
12-05-2019, 09:04 AM
Ovintiv approves.

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-05-2019, 09:55 AM
How do you pronounce that? Gymovement? Gym Movement? Gai Movement?

lasimmon
12-05-2019, 01:44 PM
Has it rebranded totally? Or just the gym at the bay that they are converting to womans only?

killramos
12-05-2019, 01:47 PM
You can have a gym limited to a certain gender in 2019?

JRSC00LUDE
12-05-2019, 01:49 PM

No, you can have WOMEN'S only no problem. You won't be discriminatory till you're a men's club that won't allow women (or those who identify as) to come in.

Get it right.

Also:

WHAT DOES GYMVMT MEAN?
GYMVMT is not only a place, it’s a state of motion. It’s the space where you make your move—reaching higher, harder and stronger. GYMVMT means active, healthy, inspiring and powerful. It means engaging your body, and challenging yourself, whichever way you do it.

We are in the business of transformation. Encouraging and supporting movement, growth and change every day at individual levels also allows us to continue to build out a better version of our organization as well. One that evaluates, optimizes, pivots and evolves what we do… how, where and when we need to do it.

We are here to innovate and re-energize the fitness experience. To enable others to reach new heights, and to lead by example by reaching a little higher ourselves. We are motivators, innovators, movers and shakers. We are Alberta-based, Alberta-grown and most importantly, Alberta-proud. This is our community – we know these neighbourhoods best. There’s a place here in our clubs for everyone, and we’ll gladly show you the way in

Clearly they don't know how to pronounce it either of they'd have provided a phonetic dumbing down.

ee2k
12-05-2019, 01:59 PM
No, you can have WOMEN'S only no problem. You won't be discriminatory till you're a men's club that won't allow women (or those who identify as) to come in.

Get it right.

Also:

Clearly they don't know how to pronounce it either of they'd have provided a phonetic dumbing down.

As far as I am concerned if you have to explain the acronym via a paragraph, then it's a fail. I don't go for a philosophy, I go to lift.

Also it's a complete rebrand, all locations.

Swank
12-05-2019, 02:03 PM

Get it right.
Bit of a one way street there hey? I don't know why gyms don't just have coed change rooms in this day and age. Half the people in the change rooms are LGBTQQIP2SAA (good lord, we're running out of alphabet here) and leering at your junk, straight people might as well get a chance to do the same.

rx7boi
12-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Covfefe

lilmira
12-05-2019, 02:38 PM
GymZ

firebane
12-05-2019, 02:41 PM
Can't be cool with at adding the Z.

Need some Bro Gainz? Come to our new Gymz

Although I'm not sure how this is related to World Health

CompletelyNumb
12-05-2019, 02:44 PM
© 2019 GYMVMT | Handcrafted by BLKWTR

Maybe their marketing company advised them on a new name :burnout:

Mitsu3000gt
12-05-2019, 03:02 PM

Only if you're catering to the right gender. There is Curves, SpaLady, etc.

JRSC00LUDE
12-05-2019, 04:18 PM
So I asked them:

GYMVMT= GYM+ MOVEMENT...GYM MOVEMENT.

beyond_ban
12-05-2019, 04:46 PM
A name change alone means nothing to me, but if this re-branding also brings additional improvements to their current clubs, then i am all for it.

AndyL
12-05-2019, 05:30 PM
Still think its something about doctors for ladyparts.

ExtraSlow
12-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Are they going to be domiciled in Delaware?

Misterman
12-05-2019, 06:29 PM
Somebody mention Club Fit?

If they're rebranding again, it might be because they changed owners again. So there's no guarantees there is anything to gain in improvements. Could actually get worse(and probably will), most gyms realize the money is in singing up fat soccer moms for training. So they cater gyms to these types of people now, and make it worse for actual gym rats.

ThePenIsMightier
12-05-2019, 08:04 PM
Maybe they didn't write up the name change appropriately on their legal end and people can get out of contracts because they never formed one with this entity.
LoL!
I sort of miss being in really good shape but I sure don't miss being a member at a gym. I cannot fathom how much more horrible it must be now with people taking garbage social media pictures while clogging the Smith Machine.

speedog
12-05-2019, 08:09 PM
Maybe they didn't write up the name change appropriately on their legal end and people can get out of contracts because they never formed one with this entity.
LoL!
I sort of miss being in really good shape but I sure don't miss being a member at a gym. I cannot fathom how much more horrible it must be now with people taking garbage social media pictures while clogging the Smith Machine.

Wtf is a Smith machine? I actually had to google it. Fucking boomer. That still goes to bed after midnight.

ThePenIsMightier
12-05-2019, 08:33 PM
Wtf is a Smith machine? I actually had to google it. Fucking boomer. That still goes to bed after midnight.

The squat rack with the rails? You make it sound like you looked up some medieval cyclo-copter.

nzwasp
12-05-2019, 09:27 PM
Was spa lady always owned by world health or only from today with the rebranding?

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-06-2019, 09:50 AM
Was spa lady always owned by world health or only from today with the rebranding?

I thought Spa Lady was owned by Goodlife? But yeah, I guess it's owned by WH. I know it was bought by a larger chain a few years back, but they didn't change anything at the time, expect for add on access to the main brand.

370Z
12-06-2019, 10:18 AM
Has it rebranded totally? Or just the gym at the bay that they are converting to womans only?

Gyno Movement

suntan
12-06-2019, 02:21 PM

A smith machine is for losers that are afraid that their legs are going to break if they do a squat with an empty bar.

scboss
12-23-2019, 04:09 PM
Maybe their marketing company advised them on a new name :burnout:

This. Plus having everything under one brand will allow better focus on marketing.
Tbh the changes coming are awesome and they are legit doing things to get out of the old crap aka GoodLife. They are opening multiple legit studios within the gyms and on there own so that you can have one pass for everything (yoga spin etc).

Best part the gym I work at and McLeod are getting a full area for powerlifting, Oly lifting and CrossFit where you can chalk up and do whatever you want. This with amenities of a commercial gym will be a game changer. Gone are the days of not dropping weights.

As for the name it's ok. Better then world health (aka Alberta health) hahaha.

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-23-2019, 05:03 PM
I still take my old World Health gym bag to the YMCA. Haven't found a better one yet. I destroyed a goodlife one in a few short months.