PDA

View Full Version : Ghostbuster 2020

Xtrema
12-09-2019, 09:52 AM
https://youtu.be/ahZFCF--uRY

So that's what they shot around Calgary.

firebane
12-09-2019, 10:21 AM
I hope that movie is as good as that trailer.

Maxx Mazda
12-09-2019, 10:24 AM
I mean.... it can’t possibly be any worse than the “Ghostbusters for girls” movie..

firebane
12-09-2019, 10:30 AM
I mean.... it can’t possibly be any worse than the “Ghostbusters for girls” movie..

I can't stand Paul Rudd but the sheer amount of nostalgic stuff they shoved into that trailer.

I am also wondering if the creature than stood on the car is Gozer

Andy643
12-09-2019, 12:44 PM
Will venture to the theater for this one.

Maxx Mazda
12-09-2019, 03:08 PM
I can't stand Paul Rudd but the sheer amount of nostalgic stuff they shoved into that trailer.

I am also wondering if the creature than stood on the car is Gozer

That was my thought as well... Will Zuul make an appearance too? Shit she’s gotta be a hundred by now...

Team_Mclaren
12-09-2019, 03:56 PM
i hope that movie is as good as that trailer.

x2.

Buster
12-09-2019, 04:04 PM
Was filmed in Drumheller wasnt it?

roopi
12-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Was filmed in Drumheller wasnt it?

Drumheller, Fort Macleod, Turner Valley, Crossfield, etc

firebane
12-09-2019, 04:40 PM
That was my thought as well... Will Zuul make an appearance too? Shit she’s gotta be a hundred by now...

Well... technically Zuul just inhabits a body LOL. At that time it was Sigourney Weaver... she'd break a hip now.

sexualbanana
12-09-2019, 07:33 PM

I don't really get the problem with that version. I thought it was funny and well made. By no means was it perfect, but I found it entertaining.

What gets me are the comments like "THIS is what a Ghostbuster movie should be!" because I don't understand how a movie about a bunch of kids in middle America finding out one of there grandfathers was Spengler elicits the same kind of emotion as the either of the first two sequels.

firebane
12-09-2019, 07:48 PM
I don't really get the problem with that version. I thought it was funny and well made. By no means was it perfect, but I found it entertaining.

What gets me are the comments like "THIS is what a Ghostbuster movie should be!" because I don't understand how a movie about a bunch of kids in middle America finding out one of there grandfathers was Spengler elicits the same kind of emotion as the either of the first two sequels.

None of the woman in the other movie are funny and it was just stupid.

While judgement needs to really be held until it drops, the fact there is a lot of stuff shown from the classics and the movie revolves around a hand me down... that already makes it feel 100% better.

Perhaps you weren't a child when the first one aired and for some of this movie feels more nostalgic.

sexualbanana
12-09-2019, 10:49 PM

While judgement needs to really be held until it drops, the fact there is a lot of stuff shown from the classics and the movie revolves around a hand me down... that already makes it feel 100% better.

Perhaps you weren't a child when the first one aired and for some of this movie feels more nostalgic.

I was 1 when the first movie came out.

I've seen both Ghostbusters movies many times on VHS and, while they're entertaining, I don't think they're these perfect masterpieces that people seem to have built up in their heads.

davidI
12-11-2019, 07:30 AM
Alberta filming locations: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ghostbusters-trailer-alberta-1.5390305?fbclid=IwAR1nXZvqlZ_W8AYE1U_djhYLXJmYRrZOOePwdkdMqcFrAtpgAymTqvPg9mo

speedog
12-11-2019, 08:18 AM
I was 1 when the first movie came out.

I've seen both Ghostbusters movies many times on VHS and, while they're entertaining, I don't think they're these perfect masterpieces that people seem to have built up in their heads.

Perfect materpieces they were not by any stretch of one's imagination but the original was good, solid entertainment if you didn't take it all too seriously. 1984, hah, I was already a few years into my Alberta Governemt Telephones career already.

Xtrema
12-11-2019, 09:33 AM

I could be wrong but I think people have more problem with it rebooted than it being all women. The movie is fine thru the lens of today's kids.

Everybody wanted an reunion of the originals but given Murray didn't really talk to Ramis until his last day on earth made it impossible.

AndyL
12-12-2021, 09:08 PM
This movie was so flipping awesome. It's a must see.

ExtraSlow
12-12-2021, 09:17 PM
Fun movie. Not exactly a masterpiece of writing, but a lot of fun.

D'z Nutz
12-12-2021, 10:31 PM
Yeah I watched it opening weekend and really enjoyed it too. I think even after a couple minutes in it already felt like it was a real Ghostbusters movie.

Andy643
12-13-2021, 09:25 AM
Really enjoyed this. Big GB fan. Had the right amount of nostalgia for me.

Hallowed_point
12-13-2021, 10:59 AM
Snooze fest :thumbsdow although not a huge Ghostbuster's fan either