PDA

View Full Version : Tylenol 1 - Any Pharmacist know WTF happened?

rage2
12-18-2019, 02:04 PM
I've had terrible migraines since I was a kid, shit that's so unbearable that you can't even sit still without wanting to punch the wall. For years I've tried everything, strongest Tylenol, migraine variants, nothing worked. 20 years ago I started using Tylenol 1's (Tylenol + Caffeine + Low Dose Codine) which finally did the trick. A bottle lasts me a year for the 10-15 days a year I get bad migraines. Figure it's time for a refill, and nothing. Nobody has any stock anymore. Nobody can tell me why either. Google showed this article:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/codeine-limiting-opioid-crisis-1.5159395

I know they've been keeping track in the last couple of years of how much you're buying, as they're now checking for ID and health care card, but this year, nothing. One pharmacy says they just stopped carrying it. Others gave me no answer.

Am I fucked? I mean, it seems like T1's are still non prescription and pharmacies just decided to stop carrying it because of the opioid crisis. My only option is to get a prescription and go for the stronger T2, but won't that just increase my chances of turning into a junkie? I prefer T1's over T2's and T3's because I can be completely normal. T3's, I'm high, I ain't driving.

killramos
12-18-2019, 02:06 PM
Sounds like a Junkie needs his fix :rofl:

rage2
12-18-2019, 02:11 PM
Sounds like a Junkie needs his fix :rofl:
Which is sad. I mean if they just made it prescription only, I'm ok with that. Right now they just completely killed off access to T1's because it's a moral dilemma for pharmacists?

killramos
12-18-2019, 02:13 PM
I don’t really have anything valuable to add.

Maybe it’s on the distributor side, like McKesson won’t bring it into Canada anymore?

ExtraSlow
12-18-2019, 02:14 PM
Have you heard about this new thing called weed?

rage2
12-18-2019, 02:17 PM
Have you heard about this new thing called weed?
Yea, I need to be functional lol.

tonytiger55
12-18-2019, 02:20 PM
Rage, I texted a pharma buddy of mine..

'Its been in and out of stock for a year or more. Often places just can't get it. Its a med that gets abused a bunch and new regs came in and they have to do a through assessment of each patient that want to buy it. Its a total ball ache, and for that reason lots of places have chosen just not stock it. So two things really..'

I finding drinking a Rockstar helps when I get migraines. :dunno:

rage2
12-18-2019, 02:24 PM
Rage, I texted a pharma buddy of mine..

'Its been in and out of stock for a year or more. Often places just can't get it. Its a med that gets abused a bunch and new regs came in and they have to do a through assessment of each patient that want to buy it. Its a total ball ache, and for that reason lots of places have chosen just not stock it. So two things really..'

I finding drinking a Rockstar helps when I get migraines. :dunno:
Thanks.

So basically, I have to wait until Health Canada switches it to prescription only. I'm OK with that because then my health plan would cover it too.

If I find a place that sells it, I'm going to go all junkie and get you guys to buy me a bunch under the radar so I can last a couple years until Health Canada fixes the stupid problem. :rofl:

ExtraSlow
12-18-2019, 02:25 PM
Have you tried tylenol and caffeine to see if that works? Many pharmacies sell these tablets. Worth a try.

spikerS
12-18-2019, 02:30 PM
lemme check with baygirl and her shop. We have access there to a lot of stuff and advice from the pharmacy. I should get some answer for you, or she can.

Team_Mclaren
12-18-2019, 02:32 PM
Is it available in HK? lol

ExtraSlow
12-18-2019, 02:42 PM

Mexico is the source for all the good medications. Trip to Cancun?

AndyL
12-18-2019, 02:44 PM
T1s have been a headache to get for years.

Think there's still a cough syrup with codeine you can get that's similar... (yeah adds the cough crap but still codeine and tylenol as a base)

Not to encourage terrible habits but when the cluster migraines set in... Standard vape juice, and 2 drops of the edison balanced cbd/thc extract in the 3ml tank - puff as needed (I'm a super lightweight, don't react to weed well typically) is better than the prescribed heavy migraine meds I have. If you think hard you probably know a beyonder like say barmanjay who could set you up...

rage2
12-18-2019, 02:49 PM
T1s have been a headache to get for years.
It's weird, was never a problem for me over the years. Like I said, the only real change I've seen was the requirement to show ID + health care card. Since I only buy at one place, it was never a problem for me. It just completely disappeared from everywhere.

Anyways, I think I found some. Will report back. Till then, my last of what I have, only have enough for 4-5 migrane attacks. :(

D'z Nutz
12-18-2019, 02:54 PM
Mexico is the source for all the good medications. Trip to Cancun?

I was gonna ask this too. My dad lives in Arizona during the winters and when he drives down to Mexico he says he picks up all kinds of name brand medications for a fraction of the cost anywhere else, though I guess the question is about availability and not cost.

rage2
12-18-2019, 02:56 PM
I was gonna ask this too. My dad lives in Arizona during the winters and when he drives down to Mexico he says he picks up all kinds of name brand medications for a fraction of the cost anywhere else, though I guess the question is about availability and not cost.
Yup. Cost isn't an issue, I wanna say I pay $40 a year for 100?

tirebob
12-18-2019, 03:16 PM
I've had terrible migraines since I was a kid, shit that's so unbearable that you can't even sit still without wanting to punch the wall. For years I've tried everything, strongest Tylenol, migraine variants, nothing worked. 20 years ago I started using Tylenol 1's (Tylenol + Caffeine + Low Dose Codine) which finally did the trick. A bottle lasts me a year for the 10-15 days a year I get bad migraines. Figure it's time for a refill, and nothing. Nobody has any stock anymore. Nobody can tell me why either. Google showed this article:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/codeine-limiting-opioid-crisis-1.5159395

I know they've been keeping track in the last couple of years of how much you're buying, as they're now checking for ID and health care card, but this year, nothing. One pharmacy says they just stopped carrying it. Others gave me no answer.

Am I fucked? I mean, it seems like T1's are still non prescription and pharmacies just decided to stop carrying it because of the opioid crisis. My only option is to get a prescription and go for the stronger T2, but won't that just increase my chances of turning into a junkie? I prefer T1's over T2's and T3's because I can be completely normal. T3's, I'm high, I ain't driving.

Dude... I have the same types of issues and what works for me is taking 2 extra strength tylenol and two advil cold and sinus together at the same time. Takes maybe an hour or so to kick in but totally works. We jokingly call it a double double. Normally mixing meds can be a no no but I asked my doctor about it and he says if it works to keep doing it. You should give it a try.

rage2
12-18-2019, 03:25 PM
Dude... I have the same types of issues and what works for me is taking 2 extra strength tylenol and two advil cold and sinus together at the same time. Takes maybe an hour or so to kick in but totally works. We jokingly call it a double double. Normally mixing meds can be a no no but I asked my doctor about it and he says if it works to keep doing it. You should give it a try.
I'm alergic to Advil.

Skrilla
12-18-2019, 03:27 PM
Ever tried Excedrin Migraine from the US? That's what I use for mine. Only thing I found that works without being stoned off heavier stuff.

BavarianBeast
Have you tried a micro-dose of like .5g of psilocybin cubensis?

Highly recommend giving it a shot, dunno how you could put that much acetaminophen into your body!!

rage2
Ever tried Excedrin Migraine from the US? That's what I use for mine. Only thing I found that works without being stoned off heavier stuff.
Yup.

That's the reason why I like T1's. You don't feel high at all.

tonytiger55

UK equivalent is called Co-Codemol.
I fly out tomorrow. I can have a look when I get to the motherland Friday.

Hey maybe I can contact Netflix and see if the wanna do a Narcos London to Calgary edition. The show can start with me using a Bidet after a spicy chicken vindaloo.. and nothing can stop the after pains except T1. But the pharmacies are out of stock, and we can't afford any on the black market as my gf and I are on one income. So the journey begins into the jungle that is West London.. the rise of the West London TonyTiger cartel..

I should get back to work..

sabad66
12-18-2019, 03:40 PM
What about half a T2, then take an acetaminophen-only pill to make it the same/similar proportions?

rage2
12-18-2019, 04:12 PM
What about half a T2, then take an acetaminophen-only pill to make it the same/similar proportions?
Best advice so far. Never thought about doing it that way.

killramos
12-18-2019, 04:17 PM
Best advice so far. Never thought about doing it that way.

https://youtu.be/X09oxyIeGuY

spikerS
12-18-2019, 04:27 PM
rage2 the wife's pharmacy has them in stock. If you want them, let me know and I can grab you some, or just stop by the shoppers in country hills.

D'z Nutz
12-18-2019, 05:59 PM
rage2 the wife's pharmacy has them in stock. If you want them, let me know and I can grab you some, or just stop by the shoppers in country hills.

rage is gonna be all

Sy7BotZqVy4

e31
12-18-2019, 07:05 PM
I'm getting the sense that people are going to be getting some mad Rep points in this thread.

Offering to keister a bunch of non-controlled OTC medication across international borders to appease Grand Admiral General & Dear Leader Rage2; that gets you some kind of points right?

killramos
12-18-2019, 07:15 PM
I'm getting the sense that people are going to be getting some mad Rep points in this thread.

Offering to keister a bunch of non-controlled OTC medication across international borders to appease Grand Admiral General & Dear Leader Rage2; that gets you some kind of points right?

In my personal experience. What it gets you is banned...

Thaco
12-18-2019, 07:21 PM

just get CBD, no THC, you wont get high.

nzwasp
12-19-2019, 05:19 PM
Does medication in a pill form actually expire, couldnt you and some friends all buy 100 tablets and you would be right for 5 - 10 years

rage2
12-20-2019, 03:14 PM
Nothing beats a parking lot drug deal during the festive holidays. Thanks spikerS!

killramos
12-20-2019, 03:22 PM
Does medication in a pill form actually expire, couldnt you and some friends all buy 100 tablets and you would be right for 5 - 10 years

For the lulz

https://youtu.be/L7btKdFOs5w

I just can’t picture Rage any other way now...

AndyL
12-20-2019, 05:07 PM
Nothing beats a parking lot drug deal during the festive holidays. Thanks spikerS!

Saved... Total meme making material right there :rofl:

Rat Fink
12-21-2019, 09:50 AM

rage2
12-21-2019, 11:20 AM
That’s what I did. I’m good for a couple years. Hopefully they make it prescription only by the time I need a refill.

Thanks everyone for the help. killramos I’ll keep you posted when I pick up my countach.

adam c
06-26-2020, 05:15 PM
Bumping this anywhere to get T1s? My wife’s doctor gave her a prescription for T3s but it makes her nauseous

rage2
07-15-2022, 02:58 PM
bump. My 2 bottle supply from this thread is about to run out. 3 months of searching and nothing. I've got like 6 pills left. :(

Anyone have any source on T1's?

ercchry
07-15-2022, 03:47 PM
Have you tried a micro-dose of like .5g of psilocybin cubensis?

Highly recommend giving it a shot, dunno how you could put that much acetaminophen into your body!!

Time to revisit this… have a family friend who gets cluster headaches and this fixes it.

For me I start to get an idea of a migraine is coming on the night before and I preemptively eat a 2.5mg thc/40mg cbd gummy at like 8-9pm, giggle at the tv till I pass out and wake up feeling fresh (and sober), migraine free

littledan
07-17-2022, 12:06 AM
have you tried panadol?

https://www.panadol.com/zh-hk/products/adult/tough-pain-relief/panadol-extra-advance/

AndyL
07-17-2022, 07:32 AM
bump. My 2 bottle supply from this thread is about to run out. 3 months of searching and nothing. I've got like 6 pills left. :(

Anyone have any source on T1's?

Dunno why it's hard in alberta, I got some in January when I broke my hand in BC at shoppers.

I suggest a roadtrip :)

rage2
07-17-2022, 11:01 AM
Dunno why it's hard in alberta, I got some in January when I broke my hand in BC at shoppers.

I suggest a roadtrip :)
Was just in BC. No luck there either. The shortage apparently started in April.

SJW
07-17-2022, 03:33 PM
Fucking check your DM rage.

rage2
07-17-2022, 07:08 PM
Fucking check your DM rage.
Sorry I didn't respond. Not looking for prescription route if I don't have to. And if I have to, I'll get a prescription to Tylenol-2 and just take 1 instead of 2. Don't need to try new drugs (unless non prescription) and figure out if it works, or if I get high from it or what. Tylenon-1's were just perfect, no prescription needed, doesn't fuck me up at all, and I'm 100% with zero side effects.

drtoohotty1
07-18-2022, 08:47 AM
rage2 hey i just sent you a PM

JfuckinC
07-18-2022, 09:05 AM
rage2 hey i just sent you a PM

:rofl:

rage2
07-18-2022, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

SJW
07-18-2022, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

U know I was being facetious right?

msommers
07-25-2022, 04:03 PM
Noticed this is an old thread. Can't help with T1's unfortunately but as someone who also suffers with some pretty brutal migraines throughout the year, I've found Zomig Rapimelts help a lot.

Things that keep me from going full out when I can feel it coming on are very limited to no sugar and cheese, electrolytes, voltaren and IBU. The worst part of knowing a migraine coming on is that you don't go into deep sleep, and thus stupid tired in addition to already feeling like shit.

SJW
07-27-2022, 10:48 AM
Noticed this is an old thread. Can't help with T1's unfortunately but as someone who also suffers with some pretty brutal migraines throughout the year, I've found Zomig Rapimelts help a lot.

Things that keep me from going full out when I can feel it coming on are very limited to no sugar and cheese, electrolytes, voltaren and IBU. The worst part of knowing a migraine coming on is that you don't go into deep sleep, and thus stupid tired in addition to already feeling like shit.

I have a script for Rizatriptan and it's changed my life. I get zero side effects and has killed 10/10 migraines.

legendboy
07-28-2022, 06:31 PM
Any compounding pharmacy should be able to mix that up in capsule form for you, talk to your doc

rage2
04-02-2023, 12:52 PM

Funny how much easier it is to get this in Vancouver a couple blocks from the epicenter of opioid crisis.

ExtraSlow
04-02-2023, 02:20 PM
Hey looking back at page 1 where I was jokingly asking about weed, it occurs to me that I've seen some discussion of people using pscilosybin for migraines. Now, I don't know dosage or if it's used to prevent or treat, but for sure worth looking up yourself. Unlike weed, I think pscilosybin coukd legit be a "wonder drug" for a lot of stuff above the neck....

Good luck!

npham
04-02-2023, 02:30 PM
ExtraSlow The pump and dump thread is called Short Term Investments, please stay on topic.

dirtsniffer
04-12-2023, 08:18 AM
Seeing lots of kids medicine on the shelves these days.

2Legit2Quit
04-12-2023, 08:19 AM
Anyone buying any of the Turkish kids tylenol?

ThePenIsMightier
04-16-2023, 11:37 AM
I think I got some of the US stuff a couple months ago when things were short. Haven't needed much thankfully.

rage2
04-16-2023, 04:51 PM
I’m just trying to be ready. Summer is migraine season for me.

z24_wheels
04-21-2023, 01:54 PM
It's this shit city that doles out migraines. Can't wait to leave