PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Toyota Salesperson - RAV4 Prime Pre-order / Wait list

got_mike33
12-21-2019, 12:48 PM
Wondering if Beyond has any Toyota salespeople? Looking to get on a wait list or pre-order list for the 2021 RAV4 Prime. Thanks!

ExtraSlow
12-21-2019, 12:57 PM
Nice. More PHEV options is a good thing.

gpomp
12-21-2019, 03:27 PM
Redlyne_mr2

Ryan sells Toyotas out of Red Deer.

Super_Geo
12-21-2019, 06:04 PM
Damn, looks like a winner. 302hp and 60km battery range should cover most commutes... good on Toyota.

dj_rice
12-21-2019, 06:13 PM
My buddy works at NW Toyota in Edmonton if you wanna make the trip

Xtrema
12-21-2019, 08:01 PM
Damn, looks like a winner. 302hp and 60km battery range should cover most commutes... good on Toyota.

If the shortage of normal RAV4 Hybrid is any indication, this thing is going to be a fricking unicorn.

Also, depends on how 2020/21 goes, I think a lot of allocation would be sent to Europe to avoid emission fines.

Darkane
12-21-2019, 08:36 PM
If the shortage of normal RAV4 Hybrid is any indication, this thing is going to be a fricking unicorn.

Also, depends on how 2020/21 goes, I think a lot of allocation would be sent to Europe to avoid emission fines.

Exactly. Manufacturers are limiting production on these vehicles.

ExtraSlow
12-21-2019, 08:38 PM
Best vehicle is one you can get your hands on. That's why the Mitsubishi outlander phev is best selling phev.

got_mike33
12-21-2019, 10:33 PM
Redlyne_mr2

Ryan sells Toyotas out of Red Deer.

Sounds good, I'll shoot him a PM

Yeah, there are a lot of really appealing things about this vehicle vs. the Hybrid. Plus this should be eligible for the Federal rebate, possibly the $5,000 one from what I am hearing.

My buddy works at NW Toyota in Edmonton if you wanna make the trip

I live in Edmonton, so if you could PM me his info that'd be great.

Yeah, that's why I am trying to get on it now.

rage2
12-22-2019, 12:37 AM

It’s already happening. Every manufacturer is holding stock of any PHEV and EVs in EU, and dumping them out in January to lower their 2020 averages. Porsche isn’t delivering any Taycans in EU till January. Mercedes delaying EQC in the US so it can dump all the production in EU.

The EU emissions standards are going to royally fuck every luxury brand, where people want the gas guzzling cars and SUVs. I wouldn’t be surprised if EU rolls back some of the targets, it’s going to have a huge impact in GDP in Germany. If that doesn’t happen, we’re going to get shafted on EVs here but hey, we’ll get all the AMGs, RS and M allocations here haha.

Darkane
12-22-2019, 08:00 AM
It’s already happening. Every manufacturer is holding stock of any PHEV and EVs in EU, and dumping them out in January to lower their 2020 averages. Porsche isn’t delivering any Taycans in EU till January. Mercedes delaying EQC in the US so it can dump all the production in EU.

The EU emissions standards are going to royally fuck every luxury brand, where people want the gas guzzling cars and SUVs. I wouldn’t be surprised if EU rolls back some of the targets, it’s going to have a huge impact in GDP in Germany. If that doesn’t happen, we’re going to get shafted on EVs here but hey, we’ll get all the AMGs, RS and M allocations here haha.

That’s a good point!

I can’t believe those EU limits, it’s going to cost a lot of money in penalties.

rage2
12-22-2019, 04:32 PM
That’s a good point!

I can’t believe those EU limits, it’s going to cost a lot of money in penalties.
There won’t be any penalties. Either they’ll cheat and buy credits from Tesla (Fiat), throw a ton of compliance vehicles on the market as a discount (VW, Toyota) to lower the average, or limit sales of the gas guzzlers (Mercedes). MB needs to cut 75% of high dollar AMG sales to meet the targets.

I can’t see EU allowing it to happen when every manufacturer has this problem. People just don’t want EVs yet. It’s still an early adopter niche product.

Xtrema
12-22-2019, 08:33 PM
MB needs to cut 75% of high dollar AMG sales to meet the targets.

Would that mean discounts on 63s in North America to keep those in V8 plants employed? :D

npham
12-22-2019, 09:08 PM
Time for a glut of 63's in late 2020 and early 2021.

ExtraSlow
12-22-2019, 09:08 PM
Hahahhaha no.

R-Audi
12-23-2019, 09:39 AM
CelicaST-162 works at Stampede Toyota.. Vic is his name. He was great to deal with when I pre-ordered my TRD Pro.

CelicaST-162
12-23-2019, 10:35 AM
PM'd Thank you R-Audi

heavyD
12-23-2019, 10:59 AM
I was thinking about getting an X3M Competition with all the year end discounting going on but maybe I should wait lol.

got_mike33
12-23-2019, 11:19 PM
An interesting update to this. I've spoken to three dealers so far, two in Edmonton, one in Calgary. So far, in no particular order, the deposit requests have been $500, $3000, and $5000, all projecting a late-summer delivery. Will try to update this thread with any more information I received during this process.

R-Audi
12-24-2019, 09:49 AM
$3000-5000 is nuts!! I paid a 1k deposit for my TRD Pro 4Runner....

Disoblige
12-24-2019, 10:10 AM
An interesting update to this. I've spoken to three dealers so far, two in Edmonton, one in Calgary. So far, in no particular order, the deposit requests have been $500, $3000, and $5000, all projecting a late-summer delivery. Will try to update this thread with any more information I received during this process.
Personally, I would let the hype die down. Those deposit requests are just simply crazy and you just know you're not getting any sort of deals on it either.
You'll feel silly when in a year or so you see them sitting on the lot.

Darkane
12-24-2019, 10:58 AM
Personally, I would let the hype die down. Those deposit requests are just simply crazy and you just know you're not getting any sort of deals on it either.
You'll feel silly when in a year or so you see them sitting on the lot.

Won’t happen. Manufacturers purposely sell to the market that buys.

Alberta is generally not on the allocation list for OEMs. Why? Provincial rebates.

- - - Updated - - -

For shits and giggle I looked up the best selling PHEV suv available right now.

None for sale here hahah.

Why would they?

alex9119
12-28-2019, 11:00 PM
go to canyon creek Toyota and ask for Chris he is a good buddy of mine and is the GSM for the dealer he will hook you up, tell him Alex sent you.

Super_Geo
12-29-2019, 01:16 PM
Yeah, there are a lot of really appealing things about this vehicle vs. the Hybrid. Plus this should be eligible for the Federal rebate, possibly the $5,000 one from what I am hearing.

If this qualifies for the $5k rebate then it'll be a slam dunk and Toyota will sell out of its entire allotment.
My in laws are looking to replace their Merc GLC which is an utter piece of shit IMO... I sent them an article on the Rav4 Prime and they were disappointed they had to wait until summer, they were ready to pull the trigger on the stats alone.

Darkane
12-29-2019, 01:45 PM
Is the prime same as hybrid limited for 2020? It does start under 45k so federal rebates apply.

killramos
12-29-2019, 01:47 PM
Interesting vehicle, hopefully it makes it up the chain in NX skin for the next generation. Might be an interested car for the wife who ends up trucking back and forth around town a few times a day for work. She already likes her NX and if it isn't garbage like the current hybrid i could wrap my head around it.

Super_Geo
12-29-2019, 03:28 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/dz0p9m/toyots_rav4_prime_302hp_and_060_in_58_seconds/

People on r/cars are all over it... lol, never thought people would have to worry about getting allocation on a toyota :rofl:

03ozwhip
12-29-2019, 03:41 PM
I was thinking about getting an X3M Competition with all the year end discounting going on but maybe I should wait lol.

heavyD What kind of discounts are you talking about lol

Darkane
12-29-2019, 04:39 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/dz0p9m/toyots_rav4_prime_302hp_and_060_in_58_seconds/

People on r/cars are all over it... lol, never thought people would have to worry about getting allocation on a toyota :rofl:

Just read that car and driver article.

Looks like it’ll be a 2021 model, and that said I doubt it’ll start under 45k.

It looks like the federal subsidy won’t apply here. The rich can save the environment though haha.

ragu
12-31-2019, 06:22 PM
This will be phenomenal. Any word on what the price would be for this guy?

Xtrema
12-31-2019, 06:41 PM
Just read that car and driver article.

Looks like it’ll be a 2021 model, and that said I doubt it’ll start under 45k.

It looks like the federal subsidy won’t apply here. The rich can save the environment though haha.

PHEV with base model starting at under $45K and under $55K with options qualify for $2500.

Mitsu Outlander PHEV starts at $44K. So RAV4 PHEV with similar starting price is definitely possible.

This will be phenomenal. Any word on what the price would be for this guy?

No. It's closest competitor would be Mitsu Outlander PHEV at $44K. There are 2 cheaper PHEV SUV right now in Canada, Niro PHEV @ $34K and Subaru Crosstrek PHEV that pricing should start under $40K as well.

All other PHEVs are in premium segments.

If I'm a betting man, RAV4 PHEV will start at $43K and $50K fully optioned.

JPB
01-08-2020, 02:15 PM
I'm very interested in a Rav4 Prime since the announcement. On a whim I stopped into Henninger to have a look at the current Rav4 and see how I liked the vehicle overall. The salesman had never heard of the Rav4 Prime and didn't really believe me until I showed him the announcement on the Toyota website. The sales manager gave me a long story about how the US will get it long before Canada and even then they will get a small allocation (like the Supra he said). And that Toyota Canada keeps them totally in the dark.

I haven't bought a new car in a decade, I admit. But it seems like no one is too interested in selling these things.

Mitsu3000gt
01-08-2020, 02:19 PM
I'm very interested in a Rav4 Prime since the announcement. On a whim I stopped into Henninger to have a look at the current Rav4 and see how I liked the vehicle overall. The salesman had never heard of the Rav4 Prime and didn't really believe me until I showed him the announcement on the Toyota website. The sales manager gave me a long story about how the US will get it long before Canada and even then they will get a small allocation (like the Supra he said). And that Toyota Canada keeps them totally in the dark.

I haven't bought a new car in a decade, I admit. But it seems like no one is too interested in selling these things.

A dealership that has no idea about the product they're selling is par for the course. Try to get any information out of them that they can't read from a brochure and it's likely a dead end.

Xtrema
01-10-2020, 10:26 AM

No information on them until summer.

From what I heard so far is that it will be made in Japan.

Toyota is facing $550M fine in Europe for 2020. RAV4 sales went up 40% there when this new model debuted. So if I'm a betting man, allocation will be going to Europe for 2021/22 model years until Toyota is sure they escape the fine.

This doesn't stop people in BC/Quebec/Ontario putting in pre-orders since this thing is rumored to pack a 17kwh battery and under current PHEV rebate scheme, it will get $5K from the Feds just like Pacifica and Clarity. In BC and Quebec, total rebate could be up to $13K. Making this performance aside, a very cheap PHEV. Especially if it starts under $45K.

I think Toyota is trying to control the message. The probably don't want to release it to a jurisdiction where there is none to allocate.

And even if Canada get allocation, jurisdiction with higher rebate will probably get them 1st.

This will be an unicorn.

Xtrema
01-20-2020, 11:56 AM
Only Quebec and BC will get this car this year.

The rest of the country may get it next year IF/When production ramps up.

https://rpmweb.ca/fr/actualites/salons/le-quebec-favorise-pour-les-premiers-toyota-rav4-prime-2021

mr2mike
01-20-2020, 01:07 PM
I'd still talk to Ryan @ Red Deer Toyota, as previously mentioned.

Super_Geo
01-20-2020, 02:46 PM
Rav4 Prime vs Tesla Model Y is shaping up to be a very interesting battle... I think in cold climates the Rav4 Prime will win handily. Tough to say for warmer climates.

Xtrema
01-21-2020, 08:56 AM
Rav4 Prime vs Tesla Model Y is shaping up to be a very interesting battle... I think in cold climates the Rav4 Prime will win handily. Tough to say for warmer climates.

Y will be $10k more than Prime and no way it will qualify for Fed rebates.

benyl
01-21-2020, 09:44 AM

With the size of the Y battery, winter range isn't really an issue unless you are travelling, in which case the Prime is an ICE vehicle anyway. Around town, electric range of the Prime is also affected, it just has a backup plan. The Y backup plan is a larger battery.

Doesn't matter, no one in Alberta is going to get one unless they have contacts in BC or QC.

got_mike33
01-21-2020, 10:40 AM
Well if that's the case I guess my $500 deposit will be tied up for some time. That being said, the dealerships in Alberta I have talked to expect to get some stock this year, so I will hold out hope.

Also, I sent a PM to Ryan and haven't heard back.

mr2mike
01-21-2020, 10:57 AM
[email protected]

Best to send that PM to his email directly to get a quick response.

got_mike33
01-21-2020, 11:25 AM
[email protected]

Best to send that PM to his email directly to get a quick response.

Done

Aleks
01-21-2020, 11:28 AM
I have a feeling a lot of people will be disappointed when price gets announced for this thing in provinces that don't have the massive rebates.

Xtrema
01-23-2020, 12:19 PM
Well if that's the case I guess my $500 deposit will be tied up for some time. That being said, the dealerships in Alberta I have talked to expect to get some stock this year, so I will hold out hope.

Also, I sent a PM to Ryan and haven't heard back.

I don't think dealers know anything. A Quebec dealer even quoted some retarded number like $61K.

The VP of Toyota Canada basically said 2020 will be Quebec and BC only.

Hopefully there will be more info to be had at Toronto International Auto Show in ~3 weeks.

got_mike33
01-23-2020, 04:09 PM
Yeah, there is a ton of speculations right now and nothing concrete. All the dealers I have spoken to believe they will be getting some sort of allocation this year though.

I heard a rumor that pricing will be released at Toronto, but who knows.

msommers
01-27-2020, 03:29 PM
Kinda out of the loop here...but what is generating the (more than usual) appeal to the RAV4 for 2020?

ExtraSlow
01-27-2020, 03:48 PM
kinda out of the loop here...but what is generating the (more than usual) appeal to the rav4 for 2020?

phev

Darkane
01-27-2020, 03:50 PM
phev

And 302 hp.

As in most power in its class, and the next class lol.

Also 60km elec range.

got_mike33
01-27-2020, 03:54 PM
Yup, second fastest 0-60 in Toyota's lineup (Supra is #1)

msommers
01-27-2020, 04:59 PM
Not too shabby! More than my 4R and she phat

Xtrema
01-27-2020, 05:30 PM
Kinda out of the loop here...but what is generating the (more than usual) appeal to the RAV4 for 2020?

$13K rebate in QC
$6.5K rebate in BC.
$5K for the rest of Canada.

All other RAV4 are bad investment since Trudeau is giving everyone $5K performance upgrade!

Xtrema
01-28-2020, 10:24 AM
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-ottawas-electric-car-rebate-burns-through-nearly-half-its-three-year/

Well, looks like if AB it not getting RAV4 PHEV this year, the Trudeau rebate may run out ahead of schedule. Rebate program burn thru 18months of funding in 8 months.

ExtraSlow
05-03-2020, 08:06 AM
Yeah, there is a ton of speculations right now and nothing concrete. All the dealers I have spoken to believe they will be getting some sort of allocation this year though.

I heard a rumor that pricing will be released at Toronto, but who knows.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-ottawas-electric-car-rebate-burns-through-nearly-half-its-three-year/

Well, looks like if AB it not getting RAV4 PHEV this year, the Trudeau rebate may run out ahead of schedule. Rebate program burn thru 18months of funding in 8 months.

Bump. Anyone still chasing these?

got_mike33
05-04-2020, 09:40 AM
I've still got deposits in with two dealers and a verbal agreement with another.

At this point I have no idea how covid will impact the production and distribution of these vehicles. I was sort of hoping Toyota would at least have pricing out by now, but it's been radio silence. I don't really want to wait until 2021 to receive this vehicle (I was thinking it would be August - November for delivery). I have started looking at other options at this point, but it's hard to car shop in this climate.

ExtraSlow
05-04-2020, 09:55 AM
What are you cross shopping?

got_mike33
05-04-2020, 10:23 AM
Different trims of the RAV4 - Hybrid XSE Tech, Trail. Mazda CX-5 with the turbo, there are a few 2019s left with 0% financing or good cash incentives. Would love an RDX but the premium fuel and price puts it out of my range. I was also interested in those GLAs at downtown Mercedes, until I realized they'd be about the same size as my Mazda3 and take premium fuel.

thetransporter
05-13-2020, 01:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j792TnMODFE

Xtrema
05-13-2020, 08:41 AM
New challenger appears that qualifies for $5K.

https://driving.ca/bmw/auto-news/news/the-2021-bmw-330e-just-barely-qualifies-for-canadas-federal-ev-rebate

Expect RAV4 to have the same $44,9xx starting price just to get the rebate. Now just wait to see if they will shortchange us with a FWD model at that price.

EDIT: boo, BMW only packed a 12kw battery and only get $2500. 3 more kwh and it'll get $5K.

Darkane
05-13-2020, 12:09 PM
The new escape titanium hybrid is worth a look if you’re into more efficiency.

Ideally Subaru would do a hybrid with the new 2.5L for a combined 200hp+.

I think there’s a market there.

got_mike33
05-13-2020, 10:13 PM
The new escape titanium hybrid is worth a look if you’re into more efficiency.

Ideally Subaru would do a hybrid with the new 2.5L for a combined 200hp+.

I think there’s a market there.

It would be something to look at if you don't care about build quality. I drove that exact escape and the finish was one of the worst I have ever seen in a vehicle. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a recall in a few years for the interior door handles snapping off.