PDA

View Full Version : The Witcher

mazdavirgin
12-22-2019, 10:55 AM
ndl1W4ltcmg

All eight episodes are up on Netflix. Watched them all and overall I thought it was pretty great. Looking forward to season 2. Definitely worth watching if you're looking for something similar to game of thrones. Personally I think it's far superior to game of thrones but I am sure opinions will differ on that point.

ZenOps
12-22-2019, 12:01 PM
Its definitely more cheese and cornball than what expected after playing the game, but I like cheese.

firebane
12-22-2019, 03:28 PM
If they had cast some else as Geralt might be able to enjoy it. Otherwise just can't do it.

ZenOps
12-22-2019, 03:49 PM
It gets more serious as the final episode hits. Yes, stiff acting for sure - but then again that's pretty much what his character was in the game.

Skyline_Addict
12-22-2019, 04:18 PM
Some episodes were definitely better than others, but the last couple of episodes tied together everything from the previous episodes pretty nicely. I like Cavill as Geralt. Sad that Renfri has to die so early on. What a babe lol.

heavyD
12-22-2019, 04:20 PM
Its definitely more cheese and cornball than what expected after playing the game, but I like cheese.

It's definitely a little rough around the edges but it's kind of entertaining.

Darell_n
12-22-2019, 06:45 PM
Henry Cavill has the acting ability of a potato. Not surprising to find more of the same in this series.

heavyD
12-23-2019, 01:48 PM
Henry Cavill has the acting ability of a potato. Not surprising to find more of the same in this series.

He's actually perfect as Geralt. One of the finest casting decisions you will ever see.

89coupe
12-23-2019, 02:22 PM

I think he’s a great actor.

Man from U.N.C.L.E was awesome.

This series is ok, not because of the acting, more because of the story is a little dull.

The tits and ass make up for it.

Skrilla
12-23-2019, 02:27 PM
He's actually perfect as Geralt. One of the finest casting decisions you will ever see.

Agreed, he's a huge fan of the books and the games. IMO he plays the role perfectly.

Asian_defender
12-25-2019, 12:04 AM
Just finished the first season and I loved it!
Can't wait for season 2, this show is amazing

rx7boi
12-25-2019, 06:27 PM
I really liked S1.

Hoping this show maintains its traction and gives us more boobies.

killramos
12-25-2019, 06:29 PM
I’m just mad at his medallion. The one in Witcher 3 was so cool.

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-26-2019, 01:00 PM
Finished the series last night. Cavill was a great Geralt. Agreed on Renfri, but lots of eye candy.

Jeeper1986
12-28-2019, 11:00 AM
i keep falling asleep when watching it lol

phreezee
12-28-2019, 11:20 AM
I disagree with the casting of Triss. Not even a ginger.

killramos
12-28-2019, 11:33 AM

Racist. lol

legendboy
12-28-2019, 09:52 PM
I binged watched it, thought it was pretty good for fantasy fiction show. Orgies and lots of nice boobies are enough to keep me watching lol.

sexualbanana
12-29-2019, 09:57 PM
I thought it was enjoyable. Though, I do wish the show had a little more of a monster of the week kind of feel - or at least a few more episodes of that nature - rather than the sprawling epic of multiple lands/governments and the politics between them.

I'm not familiar with game or the books, so maybe that's how they go.

heavyD
01-02-2020, 01:48 PM

I agree. I feel they generally nailed the cast but I just don't see Triss when I look at that actress. Surely they could have found a hot redhead actress to play that role.

Mitsu3000gt
01-02-2020, 01:53 PM
Started watching this last night without knowing the story/premise. Pretty good so far. My only complaint is the seemingly low-budget sets - everything looks super obviously like a set, it feels like you're watching a live play in any scene that isn't outdoors. Other than that I'm sure I'll finish it off and hopefully they throw more money at it for season 2.

eglove
01-02-2020, 03:20 PM
Finished it yesterday I liked it a lot - the only thing that bothered me was the jumping through timelines. I found it hard to know if I was watching the past, present or future.

Mitsu3000gt
01-02-2020, 03:41 PM
Finished it yesterday I liked it a lot - the only thing that bothered me was the jumping through timelines. I found it hard to know if I was watching the past, present or future.

There's different timelines? Oh man :rofl: Sounds like I need to read some episode summaries.

I'm only 2.5 episodes in but the disfigured witch girl with the portals and her weird lover who appears to live in limbo is a bit confusing for me.

colsankey
01-02-2020, 03:47 PM
Episode 6? I was totally confused for the first 30minutes

vengie
01-02-2020, 04:42 PM

This 100%!
Once I put 2 and 2 together that there were multiple timelines for the characters it made way more sense, as mentioned in this thread they all come together in the end.

Overall I quite liked it

killramos
01-02-2020, 04:47 PM

That that was terribly done. Lost track several times.

Tik-Tok
01-11-2020, 09:19 AM
Finally got around to watching it. As someone who's never played the games or read the books it was passable, but not good. I feel like it was 100% geared towards having some kind of knowledge of the background, which doesn't make for a good watch. The timeline jumping just made it worse. At least with GoT you didn't need to know anything walking in, that's why it was hugely popular.

Definitely felt like a higher budget version of those campy Sy-Fy network shows (Merlin and shit like that)

Skyline_Addict
01-11-2020, 05:50 PM
I’m thinking the writers had meant for the timeline jumping to make sense once you got to the last 2 episodes. Before that, there would be no way to know. Not saying if that was the right choice or not, but if they wanted you to have your ah-ha moment / the climax at the end, then they did a decent job at executing.

shakalaka
01-11-2020, 11:05 PM
Never played the games or read the books. Polished through it and quite enjoyed it. I thought the timeline jumping aspect was quite obvious right from the beginning.

r3ccOs
01-12-2020, 10:45 PM
The best acting was the Queen and Gerald's gay lover...

too many elements of LOTR, GOT etc.. and there isn't a linear flow to the storyline, but after finishing 8 episodes... have to admit, I recall most of the storyline.

Is it just me, or Henry Cavill is being typecast for just terrible roles... he was amazing in the man from UNCLE, but Superman and now a jacked grunting Legolas is a bit of a stretch

killramos
01-13-2020, 08:48 AM
He begged for the role lol, he’s a nassuce Witcher fan

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-13-2020, 09:55 AM
As someone who's never played, or read the books, I had no issues following the story. Cavill was awesome as Geralt, and I've also heard he essentially begged to be cast, as soon as the project was announced, because he's such a huge nerd, which really comes through. Biggest complaint from my wife (who is a witcher fan) is that he's too pretty, but he really nailed Geralt's voice/grunts/swearing.

Either way, I really enjoyed the season, and Renfri was the hottest.

phreezee
01-13-2020, 10:41 AM
I agree. I feel they generally nailed the cast but I just don't see Triss when I look at that actress. Surely they could have found a hot redhead actress to play that role.

Yeah, Triss has to be Playboy cover girl hot. https://www.instagram.com/p/2nspxIhmGC/?hl=en (mildly NSWF)

r3ccOs
01-13-2020, 11:48 PM
As someone who's never played, or read the books, I had no issues following the story. Cavill was awesome as Geralt, and I've also heard he essentially begged to be cast, as soon as the project was announced, because he's such a huge nerd, which really comes through. Biggest complaint from my wife (who is a witcher fan) is that he's too pretty, but he really nailed Geralt's voice/grunts/swearing.

Either way, I really enjoyed the season, and Renfri was the hottest.

I heard the same... but looking good and grunting and yelling "Fuck" every once in a while isn't really acting is it?