PDA

View Full Version : Hummer is returning!

Tik-Tok
01-10-2020, 10:13 PM
As an electric :rofl:

https://driving.ca/hummer/auto-news/news/gms-resurrection-of-hummer-as-a-2022-electric-vehicle-confirmed/amp

killramos
01-10-2020, 10:15 PM
Can’t wait to see the fury when these are taking up all the EV charging points in parkades that Tesla owners thought were theirs.

dirtsniffer
01-10-2020, 11:12 PM
Fitting name cause this thing is definitely going to blow

Kloubek
01-11-2020, 12:16 AM
Fitting name cause this thing is definitely going to blow

That's funny, but the fact is that with the embarassing mileage and stigma removed, combined with electric technology being viable as a high-torque alternative, this may be a really good vehicle.

With that said, I am not certain if an electric drivetrain quite fits in with the brawny image sought by those who buy Hummer products. Perhaps by the time development is over and the product hits the showrooms that will change but I can't help thinking this idea is 5-10 years too early.

rage2
01-11-2020, 12:27 AM
Arnold’s been driving an electric hummer prototype for years now. Think it went into production a couple of years ago.

killramos
01-11-2020, 08:17 AM
Arnold’s been driving an electric hummer prototype for years now. Think it went into production a couple of years ago.

Yea this has been the worst kept secret at GM for a while now. Even the hummer badging was leaked a while ago.

I don’t think GM remembers why people buy these things, it’s so they can pretend under the skin it has anything to do with the military spec one. People just closed their eyes and covered their ears about them originally being glorified Tahoe’s. It’s all about the interesting factor. Not so different than people who buy M3’s and get to pretend to daily a DTM car.

An electric hummer, there is no illusion that this has nothing to do with a Humvee