PDA

View Full Version : Boat/Captain rentals

89coupe
02-06-2020, 11:52 AM
Has anyone on here ever booked a private boat cruise/captain in the French Riviera?

Looking for info if you have.

speedog
02-06-2020, 01:43 PM
Lives in Aspen, has to rent a private boat, does not compute.

revelations
02-06-2020, 01:46 PM
Lives in Aspen, has to rent a private boat, does not compute.

One does not simply rent a giant yacht, when in the French Riviera.

One must follow local protocol there and hire locals to pilot.

The_Rural_Juror
02-06-2020, 03:06 PM
One does not simply rent a giant yacht, when in the French Riviera.

One must follow local protocol there and hire locals to pilot.

Story is suspect.

One who lives in Aspen would simply purchase the French Riviera.

One who lives in Aspen would never bend the knee to any captain.

Buster
02-06-2020, 03:47 PM
I thought people from the French Riviera went to Aspen on vacation, not the other way around.

never
02-06-2020, 04:03 PM
Or is he already there?

Lloyd: Some place warm, a place where the beer flows like wine, where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I’m talking about a little place called Aspen.
Harry: I don’t know Lloyd, the French are assholes.

89coupe
02-06-2020, 05:23 PM
Based on the childish responses, nobody then.

Haha :rofl:

RedDawn
02-07-2020, 10:44 AM
You just need to hire a licensed boat realtor. They charge a $1000 fee to book a boat, on top of the actual rental cost, and you'll also have to pay a $1000 fee to the listing boat realtor as well. Don't worry if you don't have an extra $2000 - you can just take out a 25 year loan w/ interest to pay it. Since every boat is listed by a boat realtor, if you think those fees are outrageous and refuse to pay....looks like you're not renting any boat. Nothing shady about this at all. No monopoly.

ExtraSlow
02-07-2020, 11:36 AM
You just need to hire a licensed boat realtor. They charge a $1000 fee to book a boat, on top of the actual rental cost, and you'll also have to pay a $1000 fee to the listing boat realtor as well. Don't worry if you don't have an extra $2000 - you can just take out a 25 year loan w/ interest to pay it. Since every boat is listed by a boat realtor, if you think those fees are outrageous and refuse to pay....looks like you're not renting any boat. Nothing shady about this at all. No monopoly.

that's not particularly helpful or kind, but still, I laughed.

- - - Updated - - -

Based on the childish responses, nobody then.

Haha :rofl: Yes, none of us can help you.

89coupe
02-07-2020, 11:42 AM

I’ve looked at a few potentials, the boat I want is roughly $2000 euro for 7 hours including a captain.

But I’m nervous booking in advance, hence why I’m seeing if anyone has done it before.

Europe doesn’t seem nearly as organized as Hawaii when it comes to boat charters .

90_Shelby
02-07-2020, 12:21 PM
Has anyone on here ever booked a private boat cruise/captain in the French Riviera?

Looking for info if you have.

I’ve looked at a few potentials, the boat I want is roughly $2000 euro for 7 hours including a captain.

But I’m nervous booking in advance, hence why I’m seeing if anyone has done it before.

Europe doesn’t seem nearly as organized as Hawaii when it comes to boat charters .

I don't know why but this current thread reminded me of another recent thread.

Simple observation but it unfortunately appears that any thread Brad starts eventually turns into a pissing match about money.

No shit, WTF!

Beyond reeks of small dick syndrome.

You’re the common denominator bud

killramos
02-07-2020, 12:27 PM
It’s at least entertaining

Mitsu3000gt
02-07-2020, 12:50 PM
The pattern goes like this: A thread is started with a question that is a thinly veiled attempt to draw attention to his apparent wealth. As the discussion continues, more details are revealed via humble-brags to flaunt the amount of money apparently being spent.

It would be like joining the Honda forums to ask people where the best place to get new rims for your Ferrari is. You know it's unlikely anyone will have the answer, but you might be able to impress some teenagers along the way.

mr2mike
02-07-2020, 02:05 PM
The pattern goes like this: A thread is started with a question that is a thinly veiled attempt to draw attention to his apparent wealth. As the discussion continues, more details are revealed via humble-brags to flaunt the amount of money apparently being spent.
It would be like joining the Honda forums to ask people where the best place to get new rims for your Ferrari is. You know it's unlikely anyone will have the answer, but you might be able to impress some teenagers along the way.
This. 100%

Beyond.ca is the Instagram of Aspen.

The_Rural_Juror
02-07-2020, 02:16 PM
I just want to know what my networth has to be before you all will allow me to shitpost.

Buster
02-07-2020, 02:19 PM

This was actually pretty funny.

- - - Updated - - -

and once a person gets that rep...the jackals come out.

revelations
02-07-2020, 02:54 PM
Next the questions will be: "which private jet charter is the best for EU travel"? " which French Riviera helicopter services can land on yachts?" LOL

ExtraSlow
02-07-2020, 03:09 PM
I feel like about a month ago I suggested that you start a single thread for your European vacation, since it was getting clear you would be asking for lots of advice. You'd probably still take some abuse, but maybe less?

Anyway, your trip sounds awesome, in super jealous, best wishes.

ExtraSlow
02-07-2020, 03:14 PM
here it is: https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/411255-European-beaches?p=4821355#post4821355

I feel like all these could have been a single "plan brads vacation" thread. What are we at now, four threads for a single trip?
Now six threads for this trip.
Don't get me wrong, I want to hear about it, especially when you have pics from the trip, but it all could have been one thread.

beyond_ban
02-07-2020, 03:47 PM
Since the more inches of lift on your truck means the less inches of flesh on your phallic member, does the same correlation reign supreme for thread count per one topic?

89coupe
02-07-2020, 05:31 PM
I feel like about a month ago I suggested that you start a single thread for your European vacation, since it was getting clear you would be asking for lots of advice. You'd probably still take some abuse, but maybe less?

Anyway, your trip sounds awesome, in super jealous, best wishes.

Understandable.

I feel a specific topic gets lost in one thread.

Plus I plan so far in advance that threads get buried.

I’ve probably watched 100 YouTube videos on different topics related to this trip.

Beyond has been helpful with certain subjects, others just go sideways.

I might post pics on here.

The last 4 or 5 trips I never shared anything.

A few people on here follow my Instagram accounts but that’s about it.

msommers
02-07-2020, 05:35 PM
I will say this:

Go to les calanques marseille

South France is incredible.

ExtraSlow
02-07-2020, 05:36 PM
I'm pretty sure you posted some Hawaii pics, and I enjoyed em.

The_Rural_Juror
02-07-2020, 06:56 PM
I like this soft, sensitive, side of ExtraSlow. Thumbs Up. Reminds me of 2020 Milan Lucic.

speedog
02-07-2020, 07:02 PM
I like this soft, sensitive, side of ExtraSlow. Thumbs Up. Reminds me of 2020 Milan Lucic.

Rep incoming.

The_Rural_Juror
02-07-2020, 08:45 PM
Rep incoming.

Thanks man. 5 more reps before they let me shop at the Aspen Safeway.

speedog
02-07-2020, 08:48 PM
Thanks man. 5 more reps before they let me shop at the Aspen Safeway.

C'mon beyond, don't disappoint the man.

Buster
02-08-2020, 03:56 PM
How the hell is a guy supposed to do a good old fashioned flex around here with all you marxists jumping on him.

Tik-Tok
02-08-2020, 04:05 PM
How the hell is a guy supposed to do a good old fashioned flex around here with all you marxists jumping on him.

You take the vacation first, then post some damn nice photo's of it.

The_Rural_Juror
02-08-2020, 04:35 PM

That's a totally unfair comment. Richard Marx was great, but Phil Collins was better.

ExtraSlow
02-08-2020, 04:49 PM
That's a totally unfair comment. Richard Marx was great, but Phil Collins was better.

+1. #philphans

mr2mike
02-10-2020, 09:20 AM
Wherever you go, Whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for 89Coupe's vacation question posts.

Rocket1k78
02-10-2020, 01:26 PM

It pains me to agree with you but im with you 100% on this haha he tries so hard for real

googe
02-22-2020, 07:23 AM
Jesus you guys are assholes. Can’t the best father in the world give his adult daughter a little reward for not drinking pop without permission without everyone losing their shit?