PDA

View Full Version : RATM - May 3 Edmonton,May 5 Calgary ft. Run the Jewels

JRSC00LUDE
02-10-2020, 03:32 PM
Now THIS is something I have wanted to see since the first record.

Anyone else a fan who's going to try and get good tix? I shudder to think what the fucking demand pricing model of Ticketmaster is going to do to floor seats come Thursday......

There is mention in the article and on RATM's site that tickets are available through there but that site isn't loading anything but the concert date page for me.

rage2 this up your alley?

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/rage-against-the-machine-2020-headlining-tour-950346/?fbclid=IwAR0y9GOVAkE0EIEIoC3BIfXb5DSydhlC1Tr8ruXHArhYPTD0j3DLeO5e7LY

rage2
02-10-2020, 03:42 PM
I literally just ranted to my co-worker about how shitty RATM/Tom Morello is.

So, no.

JRSC00LUDE
02-10-2020, 03:43 PM
I literally just ranted to my co-worker about how shitty RATM/Tom Morello is.

So, no.

Friends off.

16 year old me bought that album in 92 based purely off the cover art and it blew my socks off, always wanted to see them. Gotta get floor tix......

JfuckinC
02-10-2020, 03:49 PM
sweeeeet, i'm going. one of the only bands ive never seen live that i've liked.

rage2
02-10-2020, 03:56 PM
Friends off.

16 year old me bought that album in 92 based purely off the cover art and it blew my socks off, always wanted to see them. Gotta get floor tix......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmMHfKwJGGs

Like WTF is this shit? Let's just randomly molest the guitar, feed it through 18 different effects and call me a great guitarist. Turntable noises? A shitty guitar player like myself can master that in 5 minutes. Fuck that noise. Literally.

One of my biggest peeves is that people think I named myself rage2 because of RATM. I would never name myself something that stupid. I tell them I named myself after a video card.

kerry can vouch for my years of Tom Morello rants.

JRSC00LUDE
02-10-2020, 03:59 PM
hahaha, I know it's video card!

I don't think Tom is a god at all, but fuck me I wanna see that show and hope it has a good portion of the aggression of the early years.

JfuckinC
02-10-2020, 05:08 PM
Like WTF is this shit? Let's just randomly molest the guitar, feed it through 18 different effects and call me a great guitarist. Turntable noises? A shitty guitar player like myself can master that in 5 minutes. Fuck that noise. Literally.

One of my biggest peeves is that people think I named myself rage2 because of RATM. I would never name myself something that stupid. I tell them I named myself after a video card.

I'm not a guitar player so i'm personally not overly concerned with his individual performance lol

Just want to see the band as a whole.

Buster
02-10-2020, 05:33 PM
I saw a music show in Saddledome once. Total shit.

ExtraSlow
02-10-2020, 05:37 PM
Is this the band that sings about the short jacket and long dress? Or that other one?

ThePenIsMightier
02-10-2020, 08:27 PM
Friends off.

Have you never seen them? Because if you have, don't go now. You're too late. Don't soil the memory of those awesome 90's concerts by watching a guy with grey hair trying to sell his effort screaming "Fuck you - I won't do watcha tell me!!!"

On the other hand, if you've seen them 8x already, then go ahead. If you've never seen them... Don't set this up like it's going to define your life.

$0.02

pheoxs
02-11-2020, 12:43 AM
Was interested but tickets are 170 + fees so probably 200+.

Cagare
02-11-2020, 09:46 AM
Never got the chance to see them in the 90's, regretted not getting that chance then. Was a very big fan through the 90's and early 00's.

Agreed that it will not be the same, and not sure I want to pay the price I expect it to be in such a crappy venue for it. Although, I never thought they would play together after the brief stint in 2011. So I am likely yes to going.

Tom Morello took a really unconventional approach to guitar, he can play, I think he was just looking for something different back then, and no one had heard it like that before.

JRSC00LUDE
02-13-2020, 03:35 PM
As floor tickets crested $800 on Ticketmaster's fucked up surge pricing system we see that RATM isn't as anti-capitalist as they used to be hahaha

But, no one is when it's THEIR turn to get paid. That being said "Fuck you I won't pay what you tell me!" :nut:

Clever
02-13-2020, 03:53 PM
Too bad I can’t just buy tickets for their opening act, Run the Jewels.

JfuckinC
02-13-2020, 03:59 PM
As floor tickets crested $800 on Ticketmaster's fucked up surge pricing system we see that RATM isn't as anti-capitalist as they used to be hahaha

But, no one is when it's THEIR turn to get paid. That being said "Fuck you I won't pay what you tell me!" :nut:

Nooo, those were charity tickets, they were kinda littered all over the place... all the tickets were 190.. I got in like 1 min after 11am and still couldn't get floor though... Will probably try scalping day of.

Chester
02-13-2020, 04:04 PM
I saw a music show in Saddledome once. Total shit.

True, concerts in the dome sound like shit.

Cagare
02-13-2020, 04:23 PM
Nooo, those were charity tickets, they were kinda littered all over the place... all the tickets were 190.. I got in like 1 min after 11am and still couldn't get floor though... Will probably try scalping day of.

No, there was surge pricing. I noticed it as sections started to fill up.

Ended up with a couple tickets in the upper deck cause floor was gone. May see if I can sell these and get floor possibly. Lower deck was more than double what I paid at regular price, not a chance.

ThePenIsMightier
02-13-2020, 04:41 PM
Ticketmaster has completely ruined access for people to see events. They claimed they were trying to battle scalpers but really they just middled scalpers out and monopolized that racket, as well.
People should have stood up and fought them with Pearl Jam in the early 90's and that was back when all they were fighting was $10 service charges. Biggest mistake ever.

JfuckinC
02-13-2020, 05:10 PM
No, there was surge pricing. I noticed it as sections started to fill up.

Ended up with a couple tickets in the upper deck cause floor was gone. May see if I can sell these and get floor possibly. Lower deck was more than double what I paid at regular price, not a chance.

what price were they going up to? i was watching for like 20 minutes and they were all 190 other than the charity ones?

They kept showing floor tickets and then it would tell me "sorry someone else beat you to it" lol pissed me off

Cagare
02-13-2020, 05:17 PM
what price were they going up to? i was watching for like 20 minutes and they were all 190 other than the charity ones?

They kept showing floor tickets and then it would tell me "sorry someone else beat you to it" lol pissed me off

I saw floor tickets go up to $500, then lower row seats were the same. They said Charity on all of them, but that was surge pricing for sure.

Yes, I had to click 10 times and just said screw it and took upper deck. FUCK ticketmaster.

kerry
02-19-2020, 06:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmMHfKwJGGs

Couldn’t agree more. Tom Morello is definitely the most overrated guitarist that’s seen more covers of Guitar World than he deserves. Any 14 year old kid high on Adderall with a shit ton of effects could do what he does.

rage2
10-04-2022, 10:36 PM
Some good news.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/after-2-postponements-rage-against-the-machine-cancels-alberta-shows-1.6095630

rage2
06-16-2023, 10:44 PM
Bump.

Tom Morello decides to solo with slash. They basically turned off his guitar so he doesn’t embarrass himself.

https://youtu.be/5HeMq6vBMGk

Reminds me of this:

https://youtu.be/KmMpeXaRe3I

rage2
10-05-2023, 11:01 PM
Tom Morello says his 12-year-old son “can shred circles” around him (https://www.guitarworld.com/news/roman-morello-jack-black-mr-crowley)

I mean, he’s not wrong.

https://youtu.be/UzhVvzZS3R0

riander5
10-06-2023, 11:23 AM
Lmao this thread hijack to hating tom morello cracks me up every time it gets bumped

rage2
01-04-2024, 12:05 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/C1qAMzEvW_w/

Good.

g-m
01-04-2024, 01:09 AM
Boooo. That sucks

Buster
01-04-2024, 01:25 AM
do they hate each other or something?

rage2
01-04-2024, 09:47 AM
do they hate each other or something?
One of the guys has cancer. Too bad it’s not Tom.

riander5
01-04-2024, 10:56 AM
One of the guys has cancer. Too bad it’s not Tom.

He's not THAT bad of a guitar player!