PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking Ipad from Previous employer?

Marsh
02-20-2020, 03:45 PM
Hey All,

Had a question. I was issued a Apple Ipad for my previous work (which I never used). I no longer work there, and just recently tried to turn on the Ipad. The system is still configured to the old employer (login/password). I was wondering if it is possible to somehow get around this or reboot the Ipad so I could just use it for personal use? Otherwise it's a fancy paperweight.

Thanks
Marsh

firebane
02-20-2020, 03:48 PM
Hey All,

Had a question. I was issued a Apple Ipad for my previous work (which I never used). I no longer work there, and just recently tried to turn on the Ipad. The system is still configured to the old employer (login/password). I was wondering if it is possible to somehow get around this or reboot the Ipad so I could just use it for personal use? Otherwise it's a fancy paperweight.

Thanks
Marsh

Fancy paperweight unfortunately. Apple makes it very difficult to get iPads/iPhones unlocked without going through a bunch of messy hoops.

Best bet would be to see if contact with ex-employee can be had and unlocked.

Mitsu3000gt
02-20-2020, 03:56 PM
If you're Asian and it has face ID, just pass it to a friend or family member to unlock :rofl:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/apple-accused-racism-after-face-11735152

rage2
02-20-2020, 03:58 PM
If it's an old enough iPad, either it didn't have Activation Lock, or the company never activated it. Do a restore and see if you can bring it back to life and start from scratch.

ZenOps
02-20-2020, 09:36 PM
What cheeses me off is that I still have to remember my login pin every so often that it decides that my fingerprint is not enough. I mean really, its only the movies where you chop a guys hand off to open a security door.

cam_wmh
02-21-2020, 04:35 AM
Hey All,

Thanks
Marsh

Likely has Apple DEP on it, as it gives administrative ownership to the your previous employer.

Question, why not return it?

spike98
02-21-2020, 08:10 AM
Apple DEP can be bypassed as long as the device isn't blacklisted. But if its locked via a password, you're hooped.

killramos
02-21-2020, 08:29 AM

What a weird thing to think of :rofl:

Xtrema
02-21-2020, 09:42 AM
https://youtu.be/QjrpCFLEgBc

Marsh
02-21-2020, 03:03 PM
Likely has Apple DEP on it, as it gives administrative ownership to the your previous employer.

Yeah this is what I figured, it needs an admin login and password to go anywhere.

I never used the Ipad so it was at the back of my closet. Completely forgot about it, just found it recently.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's an old enough iPad, either it didn't have Activation Lock, or the company never activated it. Do a restore and see if you can bring it back to life and start from scratch.

I did try a restore but still need the company admin login/password, so looks like it won't work.

spike98
02-21-2020, 03:37 PM
Yeah this is what I figured, it needs an admin login and password to go anywhere.

I never used the Ipad so it was at the back of my closet. Completely forgot about it, just found it recently.

- - - Updated - - -

I did try a restore but still need the company admin login/password, so looks like it won't work.

This can be bypassed for a couple of bucks. https://iactivate.host/

Works great. Then you create a backup bypassed that you restore incase you need to redo a factory reset.