PDA

View Full Version : Animal Crossing

ZenOps
03-21-2020, 07:14 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/premier-doug-ford-frustrated-over-large-lines-outside-store-amid-video-game-release/ar-BB11tH09?ocid=spartanntp

Yup, people actually lined up, especially because they need something to do to keep from dying of boredom if they are cooped up for months.

nzwasp
03-30-2020, 12:07 PM
Im playing this game now, although I dont understand why people wouldnt just buy it online.

Xtrema
03-30-2020, 12:49 PM
Im playing this game now, although I dont understand why people wouldnt just buy it online.

Hardcore fans line up for the cartridge.

flipstah
03-30-2020, 12:55 PM
My island be looking fly

nzwasp
03-30-2020, 03:13 PM
anyone else playing want to add friends code?

16hypen3sp
03-30-2020, 05:01 PM
Let's hear it Beyond.... why is this game so good and should I get it?

pheoxs
03-30-2020, 05:09 PM

Depends if you like grindy games or not. Its a huge time sink to farm materials, plant trees and flowers, craft stuff, organize your island etc.

I like it though. There's a voice chat so if you visit other friends Island you can chat and bs through the game. There's also tons of items to unlock so can craft whatever you want to pimp out your island.

But if you're more of a action game or story game it's probably not that appealing to you.

nzwasp
03-31-2020, 08:50 AM
How do you voice chat? my wife has just been typing messages.

Re the game

If you enjoyed the sims, or enjoy stardew valley, then this game would be right up your alley.

flipstah
03-31-2020, 09:01 AM
How do you voice chat? my wife has just been typing messages.

Re the game

If you enjoyed the sims, or enjoy stardew valley, then this game would be right up your alley.

Download the Switch Online app on your phone. Makes it WAY easier.

pheoxs
03-31-2020, 09:36 AM
Download the Switch Online app on your phone. Makes it WAY easier.

Yup. Plus even if you dont use voicechat, you can type messages on the phone which is way faster.

2Legit2Quit
03-31-2020, 01:47 PM
Tempted to buy this as I'm bored out of my gourd most evenings during the apocalypse.

Just to confirm, it's only 1 island per switch? So I'd have to share an island with my gf if she wanted to play while I'm not able or wanting to?

flipstah
03-31-2020, 02:03 PM
Tempted to buy this as I'm bored out of my gourd most evenings during the apocalypse.

Just to confirm, it's only 1 island per switch? So I'd have to share an island with my gf if she wanted to play while I'm not able or wanting to?

You can share your island with your GF.

2Legit2Quit
03-31-2020, 02:05 PM
You can share your island with your GF.

But I don't want to do that...lol. That's lame they've done it that way and you can't have multiple islands/profiles.

flipstah
03-31-2020, 02:07 PM
But I don't want to do that...lol. That's lame they've done it that way and you can't have multiple islands/profiles.

lmao sorry bud, but that's the rule. You have separate houses if that helps? You can add fencing and terraform your own half :rofl:

pheoxs
03-31-2020, 02:16 PM

I know you can have 2 accounts on one island. You each have your own house that you'd upgrade on your own but you'd share the store / residential services building. So that portion of the story would be shared.

The_Rural_Juror
03-31-2020, 02:16 PM
Is there any fighting?

pheoxs
03-31-2020, 02:18 PM
Is there any fighting?

Nope. Just finishing and catching bugs. Though you can swap someone with a net I guess.

flipstah
03-31-2020, 02:20 PM
Is there any fighting?

There will be if I keep catching fuckin' sea bass.

nzwasp
03-31-2020, 03:07 PM
There will be if I keep catching fuckin' sea bass.

In my case its finding stones or money in rocks and not iron. I have no idea how people get so much iron nuggets.

pheoxs
03-31-2020, 04:10 PM
In my case its finding stones or money in rocks and not iron. I have no idea how people get so much iron nuggets.

Do you get 8 items from every single rock? If not that's you're problem

nzwasp
03-31-2020, 04:27 PM
Do you get 8 items from every single rock? If not that's you're problem

yes but in the last 2 days its been 4 coins and 3 bags of money in every rock FFS. I havent started using my miles to go to other islands though.

pheoxs
03-31-2020, 05:15 PM
yes but in the last 2 days its been 4 coins and 3 bags of money in every rock FFS. I havent started using my miles to go to other islands though.

Have you destroyed any rocks by eating fruit? Because you shouldn't be. You should have 4 or 5 rocks. 1 rock is always a money rock and the rest are rock/iron/clay

flipstah
03-31-2020, 05:19 PM
Have you destroyed any rocks by eating fruit? Because you shouldn't be. You should have 4 or 5 rocks. 1 rock is always a money rock and the rest are rock/iron/clay

Yup

Disoblige
03-31-2020, 05:43 PM
Tempted to get it but Smash Bros online is getting me by.

The_Rural_Juror
03-31-2020, 05:48 PM
What is the goal of this game? The plot is pretty clear in Leisure Suit Larry. Animal Crossing - not so much.

nzwasp
03-31-2020, 07:59 PM
Yeah we smashed all the rocks on the first day so I guess what you are saying is don’t smash any rocks and each day they give us new stuff from hitting them.

flipstah
03-31-2020, 09:51 PM

What's social distancing lol

pheoxs
03-31-2020, 10:24 PM
Yeah we smashed all the rocks on the first day so I guess what you are saying is don’t smash any rocks and each day they give us new stuff from hitting them.

Correct, don't eat fruit and smash the rocks. Just hit them with a shovel for the items without eating any fruit. A new Rock will appear every few days. Eventually it'll cap at 6 I believe.

Only time you need to eat fruit is to move a tree with a shovel.

The_Rural_Juror
03-31-2020, 10:49 PM
Still not clear how I win this game.

nzwasp
03-31-2020, 11:10 PM
Correct, don't eat fruit and smash the rocks. Just hit them with a shovel for the items without eating any fruit. A new Rock will appear every few days. Eventually it'll cap at 6 I believe.

Only time you need to eat fruit is to move a tree with a shovel.

How about the trees? If you take all the items off a tree will that same tree have new items the next day?

flipstah
04-01-2020, 07:15 AM
How about the trees? If you take all the items off a tree will that same tree have new items the next day?

The fruit takes a couple of days to grow back

2Legit2Quit
04-01-2020, 08:04 AM
is it beneficial to give 5 different bugs/fish to Nook every day? I just got the game last night and played for a few hours so Blathers is on his way now

nzwasp
04-01-2020, 08:07 AM
Fairly sure you can only do that once.

However he will build a museum in a couple of days and you can start populating that with fish/bugs/fossils

flipstah
04-01-2020, 08:34 AM

However he will build a museum in a couple of days and you can start populating that with fish/bugs/fossils

:werd: After that, Blathers will take the unique ones and just give you the duplicates for you to sell to Timmy and Tommy or display in your home.

pheoxs
04-01-2020, 08:34 AM

Yeah. It unlocks the museum and then you keep giving stuff to blathers. I guess the goal of the game, if there really is one, is to finish the museum with the whole collection of bugs and fossils.

Yeah, you can shake them and chop them with a stone axe every day. Wood comes back every day, fruit comes back every 3. Wood branches fall from shaking if you do it enough usually. Some trees will drop a item rarely and sometimes wasps come out too.

Don't buy the third axe unless you want to remove trees. That'll cut it down and then you can dig up a stump. That's useful later in the game if you wanna replace trees on your island. Like I've made a orchard of all the different fruits.

flipstah
04-01-2020, 08:43 AM
Yeah. It unlocks the museum and then you keep giving stuff to blathers. I guess the goal of the game, if there really is one, is to finish the museum with the whole collection of bugs and fossils.

Yeah, you can shake them and chop them with a stone axe every day. Wood comes back every day, fruit comes back every 3. Wood branches fall from shaking if you do it enough usually. Some trees will drop a item rarely and sometimes wasps come out too.

Don't buy the third axe unless you want to remove trees. That'll cut it down and then you can dig up a stump. That's useful later in the game if you wanna replace trees on your island. Like I've made a orchard of all the different fruits.

Don't cut; just eat a fruit and re-plant elsewhere. Clearing trees for a stump is good for catching bugs though.

pheoxs
04-01-2020, 08:47 AM
Don't cut; just eat a fruit and re-plant elsewhere. Clearing trees for a stump is good for catching bugs though.

Yeah for sure. I cut a bunch down though as I wanted more of my trees to be fruit trees and not the regular wood trees. Though I kinda went overboard thinking I'd use them for my main source of income.

Starting to re-arranger my villagers buildings now since I had no idea wtf I was doing at the beginning. My own building is in narnia still.

flipstah
04-01-2020, 03:02 PM
I'm gonna see if I can terraform an island within the island for myself whahahah

pheoxs
04-01-2020, 03:05 PM
I'm gonna see if I can terraform an island within the island for myself whahahah

When do you get terraforming? I just bought the second floor upgrade for my home.

flipstah
04-01-2020, 03:23 PM
When you complete all the tasks from Tom Nook and K.K. Slider comes to your island to have a concert.

I'm not there yet but when I do, I probably could.

When do you get terraforming? I just bought the second floor upgrade for my home.

pheoxs
04-01-2020, 03:24 PM
When you complete all the tasks from Tom Nook and K.K. Slider comes to your island to have a concert.

I'm not there yet but when I do, I probably could.

Ahh, I'm close then, just gotta get my island rating up I think.

flipstah
04-01-2020, 03:25 PM
Daaaamnn

ahh, i'm close then, just gotta get my island rating up i think.

2Legit2Quit
04-02-2020, 09:41 PM
The drop rate on the eggs is annoying

flipstah
04-03-2020, 07:52 AM
The drop rate on the eggs is annoying

It's interrupting my wood gathering and stupid annoying. Finnaly added paths to my Island so it looks more developed.

Still a 1 star tho

nzwasp
04-03-2020, 03:02 PM

The_Rural_Juror
04-09-2020, 09:55 AM
Costco restocked their Switches this week. I saw at least 30 of the cardboard thingys.

pheoxs
04-09-2020, 10:18 AM
Costco restocked their Switches this week. I saw at least 30 of the cardboard thingys.

They don't happen to have the animal crossing edition do they?

The_Rural_Juror
04-09-2020, 10:26 AM
They don't happen to have the animal crossing edition do they?

No. Just the regular. I have never seen the animal crossing edition there.

flipstah
04-09-2020, 12:08 PM
I have to restrategize my island positioning. It's all over the place. Should be a productive long weekend.

pheoxs
04-09-2020, 12:09 PM
I have to restrategize my island positioning. It's all over the place. Should be a productive long weekend.

What fucking sucks is you can't move a building by a few squares. You have to move it somewhere else; wait a day; move it back. -_-

nzwasp
04-09-2020, 03:45 PM
Last couple of nights this week ive been making tarantula islands and making bank off them. Now i just need to find an island with less of those water bugs and it will be smooth sailing.

pheoxs
04-09-2020, 05:06 PM
Last couple of nights this week ive been making tarantula islands and making bank off them. Now i just need to find an island with less of those water bugs and it will be smooth sailing.

Gotta get in on the turnip game. Make a few million bells every week

HiSpec
04-09-2020, 06:32 PM
Is anyone else having difficulty with getting the Sakura Blossom recipes? I've only got 2 so far.

flipstah
04-09-2020, 11:25 PM
Is anyone else having difficulty with getting the Sakura Blossom recipes? I've only got 2 so far.

Yeah it's a hit and miss but popping balloons is a best bet.

INSIDER STALK TRADING

nzwasp
04-14-2020, 02:45 PM
Gotta get in on the turnip game. Make a few million bells every week

My wife considers both the turnip buying/selling and the tarantula island creation "cheating" and I should be spending more time keeping our island maintained.... I think perhaps this was because she got super mad at me after she wanted me to tell her how to catch tarantulas and she couldnt figure it out - got bitten like 15 times.

pheoxs
04-14-2020, 03:01 PM
My wife considers both the turnip buying/selling and the tarantula island creation "cheating" and I should be spending more time keeping our island maintained.... I think perhaps this was because she got super mad at me after she wanted me to tell her how to catch tarantulas and she couldnt figure it out - got bitten like 15 times.

You could always just gamble turnips on your own island and not travel to others to sell. I think you have a 75% chance of good profit every week though you gotta check AM and PM prices to see. There's a online wizard that'll guestimate when to sell.

I finally built the robot, took nearly a week of trading and about 12 million bells but fucking worth it. Giant as statue and it lights up and makes pew pew pew noises too. Now that I got terraforming I'm gonna start building areas out but fuck doing this one square at a time is a grind wow

flipstah
04-14-2020, 03:11 PM

Your wife sounds like a bitter peasant. She won’t be mad when you buy her that double door fridge with spider money!

Built a cemetery and memorial for Gulliver during long weekend. RIP

pheoxs
04-14-2020, 04:39 PM
Your wife sounds like a bitter peasant. She won’t be mad when you buy her that double door fridge with spider money!

Built a cemetery and memorial for Gulliver during long weekend. RIP

Cemetery you say? Got some space?

https://i.imgur.com/ybphZAS.png

flipstah
04-14-2020, 05:26 PM
cemetery you say? Got some space?

https://i.imgur.com/ybphzas.png

rip

nzwasp
04-21-2020, 11:38 PM
The fees some of these people are charging for selling your turnips on their Island is criminal. 10 NMT and 500K or 800K tip. Jeez. And the competition is insane.

flipstah
04-22-2020, 06:33 AM
The fees some of these people are charging for selling your turnips on their Island is criminal. 10 NMT and 500K or 800K tip. Jeez. And the competition is insane.

I’m excited for updates!

nzwasp
04-22-2020, 08:19 AM
I’m excited for updates!

Ended up waiting for 30 mins and selling for 585 made 2 million and it cost be a 2x99k bell tip.

flipstah
04-22-2020, 08:23 AM
Ended up waiting for 30 mins and selling for 585 made 2 million and it cost be a 2x99k bell tip.

Baller

pheoxs
04-22-2020, 08:25 AM

Use the AC discord (below) or belltreeforum. Its a low less competitive than reddit or some of the other services. Lots of people letting you in for free with tips accepted. I usually leave 100k tip or 200 if feeling nice.

https://discordapp.com/invite/actrade

The turnip ads fill up fast early in the week but by thurs/fri/sat ads will sit for a couple hours with open slots. Easy to get 400+ bell sell prices.

nzwasp
04-22-2020, 10:40 AM
thanks for the tip

phreezee
05-03-2020, 02:29 PM
Spend some bells:

flipstah
05-03-2020, 02:59 PM
Spend some bells:

Need Mclaren

ZenOps
05-05-2020, 10:26 AM
- Sorry cross post

pheoxs
05-05-2020, 10:27 AM
Edit: was referring to ZenOps miss post

The_Rural_Juror
10-05-2020, 03:52 PM
Walmart has them in stock. Are people still playing these?

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/6000201122641?cmpid=affiliate_rakuten_en_none_none&utm_source=rakuten&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=affiliate_rakuten_en_none_none&utm_content=10&siteID=CAqD7bLWUPI-fiCSxERy8HR2yJSMW6T5BQ&wmlspartner=CAqD7bLWUPI