PDA

View Full Version : Pls Need help - can't lower my Heart Rate (was at hospital)

r3ccOs
04-05-2020, 09:09 PM
I've reached out to friends/family and been to Emerge and just wanting help from anyone, as this is freaking me out.
I'm 38, always been fit, lift weights and do cardio sports like hockey, soccer, skiing and biking. My resting HR is generally 58-63
I don't smoke, do drugs or drink - I'm lame

long story short: Acute high HR - still going on
About 24 hours ago, I finished a long duration in my infred sauna, which is no more than what I typical for me.

Put the kids down, wife asks for help for the laundry. Before I do this I see my 50lbs dumbbells sitting beside and I pick them up to do some shoulder press. This time I get that fainting, light headed sensation but this has happened before and I push through.

I then go and try to help my wife.

I start getting these tremors and palpitations - which I've rarely had... thought they'd go away.

I start getting shortness of breath, and look at my fitbit for the HR and its flying in the 120>... I'm like ok calm down, drink water and it'll be fine.

2 1/2 hours goes by... I'm not doing Good. Amongst the Covid going on - I call the Ambulance (midnight) - they do BP and a ECG and found nothing. Said they've seen lots of heart attack but this isn't one of them and just to "calm".

OK! - this helps, but HR is still sitting at like 95-100... I do what I can to try to bring my HR down, and finally it starts dipping into the 80's, then the 70s!
Its 2:00 AM so I figure I can go to sleep, which I am able to, though I can still feel the palpitations.

Wake back up at 6:30 to go to the can... this is where its bad, and I'm having a hard time getting to go to the washroom, covered in sweat, and my HR is pinned at 122 and I'm dry heaving.

I needed to go to the Hospital and got my neighbor to drop me off. Luckily the Hospital is divided and on the Yellow non-COVID section (RED) they are able to seem me immediately. No wait, its dead in the waiting rooms. They do the BP, ECG again, blood test and a X-RAY (which I did happen to pass some Covid patients... omg it looked so dire)

Wait wait wait, scrub the shit out of everything with hand sanitizer... EVERYTHING, the chair I'm waiting for, my jacket that I had to put on a desk, etc...

Results comes back and Dr. is just like -- I don't know what to say, nothing. No proteins or infections or anything... you are not having a cardiac situation. - We have to discharge you

By this point my HR is high 80's - 100

I come home, have a nap... still high, wake up, still high, drinking water doing everything I can....

I'm feeling flushed, palpitations and exhausted - like my heart is running a marathon

everyone seems to be attributing this to Panic/Anxiety -- BUT I've never really had any episodes.
I have had a situation where after playing hockey an drinking a full monster energy, it took me hours for my HR to come back down - scary as well
My wife woke me up for a nookie a few weeks back and that too was odd and it took about 45 mins to calm down.

but this is ongoing 24 hours now :(

I talked to my Nurse friend who assures me that my HR is high, for some reason, but its not life threatening at this point. She thinks it may have been heat stroke, anxiety and the blood pressure drop from lifting the weights that caused all this to happen.

I'm trying all the calming techniques, and have called my family doctor's on-call to see what I can do.

With COVID and everything happening, ugh what timing....

firebane
04-05-2020, 09:26 PM
I have been in the same boat and even had a monitor worn for 24 hours and found nothing wrong with.

Generally these symptoms come up due to subconscious things going on and basically you need to pull yourself away from everything and allow yourself to just relax and calm down.

For myself I find a dark room with noise cancelling headphones and really quiet type music helps.

Palpations and getting light headed is scary as fuck and not a good feeling.

revelations
04-05-2020, 09:33 PM
I've had heart 'isues' but not exactly the same - PVC (pre ventricular contractions). Felt like someone was hammering my chest - kept me from sleeping some times. I wore a heart monitor thingy for several days (multiple electrodes) and a stress test on the treadmill in a lab.

In the end, nothing wrong was found (blood test was OK too) - PVC isnt ideal, but its not life threatening.

Got so tired of it that I took Magnesium/Potassium/Calcium and the whole thing cleared up in 2 days. Electrolytes are so key to active bodies. Surprised that wasnt mentioned once.

In your case, I agree with poster above - anxiety factors may need to be addressed as well. Turn off the news, if you haven't already. Anxiety is a self-feeding thing.

ThePenIsMightier
04-05-2020, 09:45 PM
My take is you are stressed from the pandemic. You seem very concerned about catching it when catching it would extremely likely mean nothing more than a mild inconvenience for you.
I don't know how to tell you to trick your brain into relaxing, but I'm guessing you are over stressed.
I hope you can find a way to fix it!

Clever
04-05-2020, 10:02 PM
Had something similar happen about a month ago, and I truly believe it is anxiety or a panic attack. In my case, I’ve been dealing with family health issues and then this pandemic. I’m a healthy, 41 year old and it hit me during my commute to work. Felt like I was going to pass out in the train, couldn’t breathe and my whole body was overheating, it was freezing out then. I had to get off and found a spot to sit down to just breathe and calm myself. Took almost the entire day before my heart rate went back to normal.

Try to calm your mind and body. The world is crazy right now but this to shall pass.

Proyecto2000
04-05-2020, 10:17 PM
I have been going through the same stuff as most of the poster above. Done the 24 hr, 48 hr, Cardiologist visit and a stress test. Everything comes back inconclusive as the doctors have all agreed on stress being the likely culprit.

It is annoying to randomly burst out into a sweat and have BPM showing above 120 on the fit bit while sitting down and doing nothing. I guess with the economy and daily life and family stress it can take a big toll on your mind and body.

hang in there and try to de-stress as much as possible. I been dealing with this for 2 years now :(

ExtraSlow
04-06-2020, 06:55 AM
OP, if you have Netflix, watch Bob Ross for a couple of hours. That always lowers my stress level.

jwslam
04-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Generally these symptoms come up due to subconscious things going on and basically you need to pull yourself away from everything and allow yourself to just relax and calm down.

For myself I find a dark room with noise cancelling headphones and really quiet type music helps.

Palpations and getting light headed is scary as fuck and not a good feeling.
This. Try some sort of guided meditation or breath work.

Brent.ff
04-06-2020, 07:20 AM
I don't smoke, do drugs or drink - I'm lame

Well.. if there's anytime to start, sounds like now

r3ccOs
04-06-2020, 07:45 AM
Well.. if there's anytime to start, sounds like now

Even the nurse at the hospital said the same thing.

Update -- after typing this out, talked a Nurse friend (who works for 811) and walked me through the course of events...
"So you were shopping, concerned about Covid risks from Co-Op, went home, disinfected, showered and wiped down everything. Then decided you would go and sit in the sauna for an extended period of time, put the kids down and without warmup throw weights over your head where you became dizzy."

Then she asked me... ok, how much water did you drink today, and before the sauana. Then thinking about it, all I had was a smoothie and a can of diet pop. She also asked, did you take anything with electrolytes? Me, "No, never thought to"

I told her I drank lots of water, was basically pissing white at this point... but she was certain that my salt/electrolyte content was too low. I told her I think I had a tub of Biosteel which is an electrolyte sports drinks. She told me to drink a few scoops and see how I do.

Placebo or not, after about an hour after drinking two scoops (1L) of this stuff... my HR started coming down more rapidly. Whereas before if I got up to move - I'd be at 102 and pinned there for 5 minutes or more, even if I saw down. Finally after that I was able to drop my RHR to around the low 80's even getting up moving where it spiked.

Went to bed early, and then woke up this morning to find my RHR was 68 (good). Moved around to get grab a crying kid, and it went up to 96, 101, then after sitting down with him, back down to 82 right away.

Its been like this since a good nights sleep and replenishing electrolytes.

Conclusion. Spoke to her again this morning and she likely thinks that the stress from shopping + dehydration and heat (heatstroke) + shock from going lightheaded from the overhead lifts put my body in a shock condition where without enough electrolytes the sinus nerve wasn't able to send a proper signal.

Feeling much better today guys, but I guess the moral of the story is to not push it, breath deep, re-hydrate and replenish. I'm 38 not 28

I'm still not 100% but definitely recovering!

firebane
04-06-2020, 07:49 AM

Update -- after typing this out, talked a Nurse friend (who works for 811) and walked me through the course of events...
"So you were shopping, concerned about Covid risks from Co-Op, went home, disinfected, showered and wiped down everything. Then decided you would go and sit in the sauna for an extended period of time, put the kids down and without warmup throw weights over your head where you became dizzy."

Then she asked me... ok, how much water did you drink today, and before the sauana. Then thinking about it, all I had was a smoothie and a can of diet pop. She also asked, did you take anything with electrolytes? Me, "No, never thought to"

I told her I drank lots of water, was basically pissing white at this point... but she was certain that my salt/electrolyte content was too low. I told her I think I had a tub of Biosteel which is an electrolyte sports drinks. She told me to drink a few scoops and see how I do.

Placebo or not, after about an hour after drinking two scoops (1L) of this stuff... my HR started coming down more rapidly. Whereas before if I got up to move - I'd be at 102 and pinned there for 5 minutes or more, even if I saw down. Finally after that I was able to drop my RHR to around the low 80's even getting up moving where it spiked.

Went to bed early, and then woke up this morning to find my RHR was 68 (good). Moved around to get grab a crying kid, and it went up to 96, 101, then after sitting down with him, back down to 82 right away.

Its been like this since a good nights sleep and replenishing electrolytes.

Conclusion. Spoke to her again this morning and she likely thinks that the stress from shopping + dehydration and heat (heatstroke) + shock from going lightheaded from the overhead lifts put my body in a shock condition where without enough electrolytes the sinus nerve wasn't able to send a proper signal.

Feeling much better today guys, but I guess the moral of the story is to not push it, breath deep, re-hydrate and replenish. I'm 38 not 28

This is exactly what I posted. You are stressing yourself out or creating un-needed anxiety. You need to learn how to cope with this when this shit happens or it gets bad. I've had to physically take days off work because of it and actually left a job because the stress was too much.

ExtraSlow
04-06-2020, 07:58 AM

Yeah, I didn't want to sound too judgmental, but it did kind of sound like a crazy routine. I think mental stress probably got you into a poor state of mind. I'm guessing you feel like you "have to do something" to help your situation? I'm no doctor, but I think you need to carve out a couple "brain breaks" each day where you sit still, drink something healthy, and don't accomplish anything external.

I think a lot of us ignore our mental health, and that mostly sorta works in "normal" times, but when there's extra stress, from unemployment, divorce, Covid-19, or whatever, you need to take care of your mental health like you would from a phyical injury. Imagine you broke your ankle, how much you'd change your daily routine for that?

Anywhoooo, hope you feel better today, and best wishes buddy.

r3ccOs
04-06-2020, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I didn't want to sound too judgmental, but it did kind of sound like a crazy routine. I think mental stress probably got you into a poor state of mind. I'm guessing you feel like you "have to do something" to help your situation? I'm no doctor, but I think you need to carve out a couple "brain breaks" each day where you sit still, drink something healthy, and don't accomplish anything external.

I think a lot of us ignore our mental health, and that mostly sorta works in "normal" times, but when there's extra stress, from unemployment, divorce, Covid-19, or whatever, you need to take care of your mental health like you would from a phyical injury. Imagine you broke your ankle, how much you'd change your daily routine for that?

Anywhoooo, hope you feel better today, and best wishes buddy.

I think for years I've always ignored my mental health, and only one other time I dealt with anxiety (first time) was after I was attacked and had to protect myself from a homeless man who was breaking into my Thule and awaiting test results of HIV & hep (both neg)

I am definitely boarding on the Aspergers spectrum and I think everyone would say I live a mental life --- I obsess over hobbies and interests, constantly reading up, on YouTube, trying to learn and do new things and perfect them. I'm a high performer, and always put t 110% into everything... from going to the gym, cycling, playing hockey at men league at 11:30PM... and of course leaning heavily on caffeine and pre-workouts to get me through it all.

I've always received a clean bill of health from my Drs. as I go in for routine tests, including stress and did VO2s when I was training.

I get bored easily and have a hard time just unwinding to relax. Hate going to sleep, but also hate waking up.

Couple that with I'm getting older, have two kids under 5 who are constantly up throughout the night and are early risers PLUS recovering from a relatively hard year from my knee surgery (patella tendon rupture), rehab, losing my job (due being guilty of association) finding a new job, starting a new job yada yada and a shaky home/relationship situation I should have taken the time for myself.

Wrecking my knee last year was catastrophic... there goes my hockey/skiing season, but I rushed and pushed myself through rehab and rebuild, such that within 3 months of having the strongest tendon in my body tear to being able to do light skiing, light shinny and cycling. By September my left leg was as strong as my right and I was back ready for hockey. My Surgeon asked me about my injury history, and I said none - so she attributed this to wear and tear.

As to Extraslow's comment - just like a injury, with Mental Health, you need to work around your routine and find ways to not only accommodate but recover from it.

vengie
04-06-2020, 09:56 AM
Jesus you sound a lot like me... aside from the aspergers.

How long are your infrared sessions? I usually don't recommend longer than 60 mins, and during that 60 min session I will hammer 2L of warm lemon ginger tea with additional lemon juice added.

A good friend of mine pointed me in the direction of a man by the name of Wim Hof, I've been following his breathing techniques for a few weeks and its helping for sure.
A supplement I also started taking is lions mane mushroom. This was more to deal with the anxiety I was constantly feeling and the burden of stress I have been under, also Omega supplement.
https://www.amazon.ca/Organic-Mushroom-Capsules-Real-Mushrooms/dp/B078SZX3ML/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Lions+mane&qid=1586188311&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzUjZWVldZM1pQT0ZBJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODAyNTk1MTMzTVAzQTRCNEFDNSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDIyMjc1MzRQRTFMRlY3OEpWVyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Keep that brain healthy my friend... we only have one.
Best of luck my friend, anxiety is fucking brutal.

jwslam
04-06-2020, 11:06 AM
and of course leaning heavily on caffeine and pre-workouts to get me through it all.
Do you track how this affects your heart?

ExtraSlow
04-06-2020, 11:22 AM
I have people in my family with Asperger's, and yeah, I can see how that would be a contributing factor to the "trying to do too much" reaction to stress. Might help if you schedule your downtime, and list exactly what you will do.

Like: 2:00 Pm, make herbal tea and drink it in my favourite chair with instrumental piano playlist for 60 minutes. This allows my brain to process previous stimulus and strengthens me for the rest of the day "

Pacman
04-06-2020, 02:30 PM
I went through something similar 4 years ago. Had a high resting heart rate (between 90 and 110) for no apparent reason. Went to the ER, and had the same tests as you and everything came back fine. ER doc went one step further and brought in a cardiologist just to be sure. That led to multiple appointments with heart tracing, stress tests, CT scans, ultrasounds and other tests to see if they could find anything. All came back ok. I bought a fitbit and started monitoring it myself and it just kinda went away. Cardiologist thinks it was related to stress or my acid reflux acting up (which is related to stress). I never really felt like I was stressed out at the time, but but looking back I think it could have been contributing.

Brent.ff
04-06-2020, 03:02 PM
like: 2:00 pm, make herbal tea and drink it in my favourite chair with instrumental phil playlist for 60 minutes. This allows my brain to process previous stimulus and strengthens me for the rest of the day "

ftfy

r3ccOs
04-06-2020, 07:22 PM
I went through something similar 4 years ago. Had a high resting heart rate (between 90 and 110) for no apparent reason. Went to the ER, and had the same tests as you and everything came back fine. ER doc went one step further and brought in a cardiologist just to be sure. That led to multiple appointments with heart tracing, stress tests, CT scans, ultrasounds and other tests to see if they could find anything. All came back ok. I bought a fitbit and started monitoring it myself and it just kinda went away. Cardiologist thinks it was related to stress or my acid reflux acting up (which is related to stress). I never really felt like I was stressed out at the time, but but looking back I think it could have been contributing.

So today I felt ok enough, after talking to my Dr.... giving me reassurances that I didn't have a heart attack as per the blood test, no pulmonary embolism as per x-ray, and my BP is "ok". No fever is also no sign of infection or a thyroid storm.

I felt good enough to jump onto a couple conference bridges today to listen and actively participate, so by the end of the day I was feeling "good". - I was averaging around 82-87 while sitting in my chair

My kiddo ask me to go for a bike ride, so I figure... maybe all this is in my head and maybe it was just the electrolyte -- I went for a very very very light spin, felt ok (HR sat around 100) but then stupid me not thinking I bunny hopped a curb, and then... out of nowhere my HR just spike.

We get home, go inside for dinner, and heart is pretty high and I have to breath. Even though I. manage to get it down into the 90's... I feel like I can't concentrate, no appetite.

I go upstairs to the bedroom, and the wife puts on a calming meditation thing where I actually pay attention to, and while lying down I manage to get my HR down into the mid-70s.

I go and check my BP - its good 127/86

but it feels like my arms, my legs everything is fatigued like I just ran 10k... WHAT is going on...

sigh...

ExtraSlow
04-06-2020, 07:33 PM
Bud, I'm not a doctor, but if your HR is "82-87 while sitting in my chair" then maybe you aren't back to normal yet.

r3ccOs
04-06-2020, 07:38 PM
Bud, I'm not a doctor, but if your HR is "82-87 while sitting in my chair" then maybe you aren't back to normal yet.

I know.. it really isn't.

the lowest I can get it to is 76 :(

ExtraSlow
04-06-2020, 07:46 PM
I know.. it really isn't.

the lowest I can get it to is 76 :(

So maybe don't hit the bike, or sauna, or weights, when it's over 80? Is that a crazy suggestion?

r3ccOs
04-06-2020, 07:58 PM
So maybe don't hit the bike, or sauna, or weights, when it's over 80? Is that a crazy suggestion?

I really just hope this isn't going to be a "new" normal - it could be a short normal :(

ExtraSlow
04-06-2020, 08:00 PM
Give it a few days before you freak out (more or again)

firebane
04-06-2020, 08:20 PM
I really just hope this isn't going to be a "new" normal - it could be a short normal :(

This freaking out behavior is causing you to get triggered. You need to stop with the caffeine and pre-workout drinks. You need to GET your mind off what your heart rates are and quit obsessing over all the small details.

I know its not easy and difficult, but I am telling you from experience you need to stop.

Disoblige
04-06-2020, 08:23 PM
Try CBD oils or spray?

r3ccOs
04-07-2020, 06:53 AM
This freaking out behavior is causing you to get triggered. You need to stop with the caffeine and pre-workout drinks. You need to GET your mind off what your heart rates are and quit obsessing over all the small details.

I know its not easy and difficult, but I am telling you from experience you need to stop.

I had a very interesting night. fell asleep and was able to calm my heart down to 67-70 using a meditation app and took the watch off.

Work up a couple hours later, went to the washroom and I could feell my heart rate rising fast. By the time I got back to bed, I was having to breath hard.

I grabbed the watch it spike high again to 111 and took a while to settle back into 90s then 80s

:(

Darkane
04-07-2020, 07:25 AM
The anxiety of having drop back to normal is contributing.

This sounds like the stages just before adrenal fatigue. I’d bet your cortisol is spiked throughout the day.

Don’t wear your watch for a while. Don’t count heart rate.

firebane
04-07-2020, 07:31 AM
I had a very interesting night. fell asleep and was able to calm my heart down to 67-70 using a meditation app and took the watch off.

Work up a couple hours later, went to the washroom and I could feell my heart rate rising fast. By the time I got back to bed, I was having to breath hard.

I grabbed the watch it spike high again to 111 and took a while to settle back into 90s then 80s

:(

This is exactly the behavior I am talking about.

Instead of focusing on how to get your heat rate back to where it should be, your first reaction is to look at the watch and see it spike and causing your anxiety and stress to go up causing your HR to spike.

Hide the watch and start focusing on just learning techniques to get it back to normal.

freshvibes
04-07-2020, 08:33 AM
Sounds like adrenal fatigue. Cut out any caffeine, grab some some magnesium and potassium supplements. If you're really active I would dial it back and focus more on relaxation activities (meditation, reading, walking etc). I went through a similar thing a few years ago cause I was like you giving everything 110%. Just needed to learn to slow down and chill the fuck out.

This doesn't go away in a few days so it's important to try doing these things daily and not overexert yourself.

r3ccOs
04-07-2020, 08:44 AM
Sounds like adrenal fatigue. Cut out any caffeine, grab some some magnesium and potassium supplements. If you're really active I would dial it back and focus more on relaxation activities (meditation, reading, walking etc). I went through a similar thing a few years ago cause I was like you giving everything 110%. Just needed to learn to slow down and chill the fuck out.

This doesn't go away in a few days so it's important to try doing these things daily and not overexert yourself.

I completely agree and with electrolytes I should take some magnesium.

I had a major surgery about a year ago and very very stressful year. Maybe its possible I have a pulmonary embolism as a result of how acute it came on. It wasn't a chronic thing...

sigh... I'm chewing asprin just incase

riander5
04-07-2020, 09:28 AM
This is a pro-longed panic attack most likely brought on by yourself. Chill out, go for walks, stop looking at your damn HR monitor, stop thinking about it

killramos
04-07-2020, 09:40 AM
Sounds like you are Web-MDing yourself into a heart attack.

Pulmonary embolism. Self prescribing aspirin.

I think you would do better listening to the doctors and turning off the internet for a couple weeks.

Wehbeast
04-07-2020, 09:47 AM
This is a pro-longed panic attack most likely brought on by yourself. Chill out, go for walks, stop looking at your damn HR monitor, stop thinking about it

Sounds like you are Web-MDing yourself into a heart attack.

Pulmonary embolism. Self prescribing aspirin.

I think you would do better listening to the doctors and turning off the internet for a couple weeks.

+1

Rat Fink
04-07-2020, 10:04 AM

r3ccOs
04-08-2020, 11:00 AM
This is from seeing the doctor today and talking to my neighbour who is a health freak Chiropractor

Yes exactly I am having tachycardia and you are likely correct that Dehydration may be the most likely cause.
I was using the sauna almost an hour a day at full wack (2 x 30 min sessions) thinking this would be cardiovascular beneficial, and thinking hey, this would be a detox to eliminate perhaps a perceived high level of accumulated sodium from the odd "fast food, or restaurant" food from working DT over the years. Also, I was recovering from a bout of bronchitis and mentally with all the COVID news, I didn't want to be "immunocompromised" in the case I catch it.
You are on point - between the dehydration (possibly blood volume), lack of eletrolytes or an imbalance, and the low BP condition from lifting those 50lbs overhead - triggered the sympathetic nervous system to go into fight/flight and got the adrenal glands to fire tons of epinephrine into my system.
A symphony of self-induced worse case scenarios.
Also you are right the ECG, and blood tests for enzymes or proteins should have identified an a-fib, angina or cardiac arrest conditions.
I saw my Dr. today, and we also ruled out any Thyroid conditions (i.e. thyroid storm or graves) - everything checks out, but he still can't account for my elevated HR.
He did look at me and say, hrm... you do actually look dehydrated from the last time I saw you. He said that for rehydration of all cells, inclusive of fats, and other tissues, could take onwards of a week.
Said I'm not in any serious risk of a cardiac condition and that he would still send a recommendation to the cardiologist - do the holter monitor and stress test, as well as get down to see if there is anything else wrong with my sinus node that may have resulted from this.
The Dr. doesn't think this is anxiety caused but could definitely attribute, especially at this state. Also I'm still not feeling 100% when I do anything taxing.

ExtraSlow
04-08-2020, 11:17 AM
Ok bud, take care of yourself, and try not to overdo things, because it really sounds like you have been overdoing EVERYTHING.

Darell_n
04-08-2020, 01:41 PM
Coronavirus was the cause of unexplained rapid heartbeat in one case described in a news article I read yesterday. It was talking about some of the strange symptoms that accompany the infection and I think this was the only symptom at the time.

JRSC00LUDE
04-08-2020, 02:03 PM
It really does "just" sound like anxiety/stress reaction given all the green lights on medical so to speak.

scboss
04-08-2020, 04:36 PM
This is from seeing the doctor today and talking to my neighbour who is a health freak Chiropractor

Yes exactly I am having tachycardia and you are likely correct that Dehydration may be the most likely cause.
I was using the sauna almost an hour a day at full wack (2 x 30 min sessions) thinking this would be cardiovascular beneficial, and thinking hey, this would be a detox to eliminate perhaps a perceived high level of accumulated sodium from the odd "fast food, or restaurant" food from working DT over the years. Also, I was recovering from a bout of bronchitis and mentally with all the COVID news, I didn't want to be "immunocompromised" in the case I catch it.
You are on point - between the dehydration (possibly blood volume), lack of eletrolytes or an imbalance, and the low BP condition from lifting those 50lbs overhead - triggered the sympathetic nervous system to go into fight/flight and got the adrenal glands to fire tons of epinephrine into my system.
A symphony of self-induced worse case scenarios.
Also you are right the ECG, and blood tests for enzymes or proteins should have identified an a-fib, angina or cardiac arrest conditions.
I saw my Dr. today, and we also ruled out any Thyroid conditions (i.e. thyroid storm or graves) - everything checks out, but he still can't account for my elevated HR.
He did look at me and say, hrm... you do actually look dehydrated from the last time I saw you. He said that for rehydration of all cells, inclusive of fats, and other tissues, could take onwards of a week.
Said I'm not in any serious risk of a cardiac condition and that he would still send a recommendation to the cardiologist - do the holter monitor and stress test, as well as get down to see if there is anything else wrong with my sinus node that may have resulted from this.
The Dr. doesn't think this is anxiety caused but could definitely attribute, especially at this state. Also I'm still not feeling 100% when I do anything taxing.

Ive trained someone with similar issues to yours. My advice

Get hydration and nutrition in check
Drop all caffeine
Stop lifting weights for the time being
Create a list of triggers that seem to aggravate the condition to create awareness
When the trigger comes out understand why instead of reacting
Take up yoga or some sort of relaxing mobility regiment (tons of stuff on youtube)

But make sure create a journal of how you feel each day and what you consume. That way you can narrow down whats causing it especially if its stress. In all the life coaching courses ive taken that is legit the key to overcoming anything mental or stressful. Bring awareness to the situation and try to eliminate triggers by writing them down and planning for the next one.

Best of luck man. Just remember with all the shit going on right now we are all dealing with it. Still gotta keep moving forward!

PS sauna doesn't detox shit and it elevates your heartrate. Avoid it! If you want to detox start drinking tons of water and add alot of veggies into your diet!!!

vengie
04-08-2020, 04:44 PM
Ive trained someone with similar issues to yours. My advice

PS sauna doesn't detox shit and it elevates your heartrate. Avoid it! If you want to detox start drinking tons of water and add alot of veggies into your diet!!!

Infrared Sauna, yes they do aid with detoxification.

scboss
04-08-2020, 05:16 PM
Ive read tons of scientific studies showing that its very minimal when it is the only thing being done and as always following a proper diet is gonna be the true answer.
I have been hard pressed to find any real research studies that show detox results purely off the infrared sauna and will continue to see the word help and aid but zero proof.
I have also not found a study where it actually showed someone being detoxed without any other factors (diet, exercise etc).

This has come up in my field alot and im not against it at all as it does have other benefits. I could be wrong and if you do find something with studies backing it i would love to expand my knowledge on it, so send it!

Back to why i told him to avoid it. High temperatures makes your heart rate go up creating more circulation which is a PRO in most cases for heart health, but in his case its a massive CON. He needs to avoid anything that will do this period until he finds out the root cause.

Buster
04-08-2020, 05:20 PM
haven't heard from the OP since this morning.

Ded?

r3ccOs
04-08-2020, 06:03 PM
haven't heard from the OP since this morning.

Ded?

Nope... still here, decided to take off the watch, but I am definitely running like 10BP minimum higher than norm.

Its all strange, but you guys are right, along with dehydration, stress/anxiety, a low BP condition (lightheaded from lifting to overhead).. maybe there is an element of infection.

According to Doc, no signs of infection but I do still have the reminisce of bronchitis which I just went over my stats over the last 2 weeks, I also kinda had an elevated HR (not quite as high though).

I do find when my HR is high, I can tell as I feel as though its hard to concentrate and I am getting winded doing the easiest of tasks :(

Buster
04-08-2020, 06:44 PM
The hiv?

vengie
04-08-2020, 07:01 PM
Ive read tons of scientific studies showing that its very minimal when it is the only thing being done and as always following a proper diet is gonna be the true answer.
I have been hard pressed to find any real research studies that show detox results purely off the infrared sauna and will continue to see the word help and aid but zero proof.
I have also not found a study where it actually showed someone being detoxed without any other factors (diet, exercise etc).

This has come up in my field alot and im not against it at all as it does have other benefits. I could be wrong and if you do find something with studies backing it i would love to expand my knowledge on it, so send it!

Back to why i told him to avoid it. High temperatures makes your heart rate go up creating more circulation which is a PRO in most cases for heart health, but in his case its a massive CON. He needs to avoid anything that will do this period until he finds out the root cause.

Google Scholar
Infrared Sauna

You’ll find a ton of papers

scboss
04-08-2020, 07:58 PM
Google Scholar
Infrared Sauna

You’ll find a ton of papers

search infrared sauna detox

like i said man. Potential. Help. Aid. With no proof.

"Concerning using these saunas to eliminate toxins, fat also hinders the practicality of the IR sauna’s application as a detoxification device. Although the process of pulling water out could be beneficial in terms of excreting toxins through your sweat, this cannot happen unless fat is also breaking down. Because the science hasn't shown that IR saunas induce fat breakdown or mobilization, it’s unlikely they cause detoxification. And why, you might ask? Because the largest storage place for toxins is fat cells, and these cells don’t just release toxins when the temperature increases; they have to be breaking down first. Thus, it’s unlikely (and unproven) that toxins are released by sitting in an IR sauna."

edit

here is the link to article
https://www.elitefts.com/education/infrared-saunas-fad-or-fantastic/

Like i said man im not opposed to it because it has alot of health benefits, but not enough research has been done to actually show the effects with the sauna by itself when it comes to detox. We will just have to agree to disagree.

ExtraSlow
04-08-2020, 08:04 PM
Any human designed device or process to "detox" is bullshit. You won't change my mind.

bigbadboss101
04-08-2020, 08:18 PM
https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/how-to-flush-your-lymph

https://www.gaiam.com/blogs/discover/6-ways-to-boost-circulation-for-detoxing-and-immunity

Drink lot of water, eat whole food, exercise, be mindful. Perhaps yoga or Qi Gong.

r3ccOs
04-09-2020, 02:45 PM
Update today - heart rate is fluctuating better but my resting isn't near what it was.

That said after spending about a cumulation of probably closer to 30 hours in a sauna over the course of a month - its going to take some time to rehydrate, and hopefully no long term damage.

Still feeling a little un-easy from time to time and hopefully I feel better soon

rvd
04-09-2020, 09:03 PM
Drink up. https://readynutrition.com/resources/diy-electrolyte-powders_21062011/

r3ccOs
04-09-2020, 09:10 PM
Drink up. https://readynutrition.com/resources/diy-electrolyte-powders_21062011/

my aunt who is a pharmacist who read through my FB post said.. drink as much electrolytes, eat bananas and take magnesium as much as you can tolerate for the next few days.

I've been working from home from a month, and due to that, there really has been no added salts as most of everything we eat is from scratch. Couple that with a daily routine of working out, some cardio and an hour of sauna, she thinks the lack of electrolytes and essential salts are the biggest factors, and also why my body wasn't retaining water.

roopi
04-10-2020, 01:20 AM
Update today - heart rate is fluctuating better but my resting isn't near what it was.

That said after spending about a cumulation of probably closer to 30 hours in a sauna over the course of a month - its going to take some time to rehydrate, and hopefully no long term damage.

Still feeling a little un-easy from time to time and hopefully I feel better soon

Not sure if I missed it but how much water do you drink per day? You are spending an hour a day in a sauna as well as excercising.

Darkane
04-10-2020, 07:30 AM
my aunt who is a pharmacist who read through my FB post said.. drink as much electrolytes, eat bananas and take magnesium as much as you can tolerate for the next few days.

I've been working from home from a month, and due to that, there really has been no added salts as most of everything we eat is from scratch. Couple that with a daily routine of working out, some cardio and an hour of sauna, she thinks the lack of electrolytes and essential salts are the biggest factors, and also why my body wasn't retaining water.

Have a cheat meal!

Lots of bacon, pancakes, syrup and about 1.5L of water and I guarantee you’ll retain water.

It sounds like you’re fine, so there the good news. Have a very loose day of eating and trying to do things you enjoy

r3ccOs
04-10-2020, 10:04 AM
Have a cheat meal!

Lots of bacon, pancakes, syrup and about 1.5L of water and I guarantee youÂ’ll retain water.

It sounds like youÂ’re fine, so there the good news. Have a very loose day of eating and trying to do things you enjoy

Essential Salts

this morning after taking about 1500mgs of Magnesium and alot of varying electrolytes containing sodium cloride, sodium bicarbonate - my BP is 117/71 with RHR of 63 (which is still a tad higher than my norm)

Though this is typically associated with acute dehydration - it is actually the depletion of these essential minerals/salts because of the excessive use of my Sauna. I always drank lots of water with and after my Sauna session, but as I hadn't deliberately looked to replenishing salts (assuming like all North Americans I already have an excess) I ended up depleted.

I called my Doctor this morning - He mentioned that he didn't think dehydration was a factor as I didn't have those signs but he agrees with what I'm seeing and that the sinus node wouldn't have been firing optimally and coupled with the low-bp condition, essentially manifested into what happened.

Since I've been home for the last 30 days, I've used the sauna every day and the wife being especially health conscious, only healthy fats, NO salts, limited carbs, little to no sugars - further contributed as there was no avenue to replenish these electrolytes.

Anyways I'm feeling MUCH MUCH better - he also agrees that this was not a Anxiety induced panic attack and to take my learning and to validate everything also with the Cardiologist.

ExtraSlow
04-10-2020, 10:27 AM
Eat some good from a can or box once in a while buddy.

vengie
04-10-2020, 10:38 AM
search infrared sauna detox

like i said man. Potential. Help. Aid. With no proof.

"Concerning using these saunas to eliminate toxins, fat also hinders the practicality of the IR sauna’s application as a detoxification device. Although the process of pulling water out could be beneficial in terms of excreting toxins through your sweat, this cannot happen unless fat is also breaking down. Because the science hasn't shown that IR saunas induce fat breakdown or mobilization, it’s unlikely they cause detoxification. And why, you might ask? Because the largest storage place for toxins is fat cells, and these cells don’t just release toxins when the temperature increases; they have to be breaking down first. Thus, it’s unlikely (and unproven) that toxins are released by sitting in an IR sauna."

edit

here is the link to article
https://www.elitefts.com/education/infrared-saunas-fad-or-fantastic/

Like i said man im not opposed to it because it has alot of health benefits, but not enough research has been done to actually show the effects with the sauna by itself when it comes to detox. We will just have to agree to disagree.

While I agree with you that diet and exercise are critical to maintaining a healthy body. To say there is no proof is just being closed minded.
There are numerous studies related to Far Infrared's ability to penetrate the body and break up heavy metals, allowing you to sweat them out.
Like I said, search "Far infrared Detoxification" on google scholar and you'll find NUMEROUS papers

https://johnappleton.co.nz/media/wysiwyg/docs/DETOXIFY_OR_DIE.pdf

https://go.gale.com/ps/anonymous?id=GALE%7CA93736414&sid=googleScholar&v=2.1&it=r&linkaccess=abs&issn=15254283&p=AONE&sw=w

https://books.google.ca/books?hl=en&lr=&id=4TPQvQ2oZ4wC&oi=fnd&pg=PR4&dq=infrared+sauna+detoxification&ots=y69kI3CqbP&sig=el3lq_yVvqGtWLOh68KFAmzhj7s#v=onepage&q=infrared%20sauna%20detoxificationsauna&f=false

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3312275/

https://naturallivingfamily.com/infrared-sauna-benefits/

https://ihsindy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/How-Do-Infrared-Saunas-Work-to-Heal-Your-Body_-%E2%80%93-Rocky-Mountain-Infrared-Saunas.pdf

Just look into how a far infrared sauna works. Its much different than a dry or steam sauna.

r3ccOs
04-10-2020, 10:52 AM
While I agree with you that diet and exercise are critical to maintaining a healthy body. To say there is no proof is just being closed minded.
There are numerous studies related to Far Infrared's ability to penetrate the body and break up heavy metals, allowing you to sweat them out.
Like I said, search "Far infrared Detoxification" on google scholar and you'll find NUMEROUS papers

https://go.gale.com/ps/anonymous?id=GALE%7CA93736414&sid=googleScholar&v=2.1&it=r&linkaccess=abs&issn=15254283&p=AONE&sw=w

https://books.google.ca/books?hl=en&lr=&id=4TPQvQ2oZ4wC&oi=fnd&pg=PR4&dq=infrared+sauna+detoxification&ots=y69kI3CqbP&sig=el3lq_yVvqGtWLOh68KFAmzhj7s#v=onepage&q=infrared%20sauna%20detoxificationsauna&f=false

https://ihsindy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/How-Do-Infrared-Saunas-Work-to-Heal-Your-Body_-%E2%80%93-Rocky-Mountain-Infrared-Saunas.pdf

Just look into how a far infrared sauna works. Its much different than a dry or steam sauna.

WHILE I can attest that when I was routine with my Infrared sauna- (I use it mostly in Winter) I felt for the last few years it was effective in warding off colds/flus while maintaining a certain sense of well-being that you get from a good bike ride, run or rigorous outdoor activity

I love it.. but don't over-do it clearly and well, don't just drink clear water.

revelations
04-10-2020, 08:01 PM

Being Finnish, I am a big proponent of sauna heat and rock steam therapy for crazy sweating. It really does make your skin feel amazing, esp combined with cold water dunks.

The key is to sweat - so if the IR/whatever sauna you use allows for this, then you are helping detox at least in some manner. Near/far IR makes no difference and its all marketing hype most of the time in terms of specifics.

The Atlantic had an article about this as well.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/06/infrared-saunas-will-not-detoxify-you-toxins-sweat/528813/

blitz
04-10-2020, 08:36 PM
Take the fit bit off. Seems like most of your stress at this point is based on the numbers. You’re caught in a loop.

r3ccOs
04-10-2020, 09:07 PM
Being Finnish, I am a big proponent of sauna heat and rock steam therapy for crazy sweating. It really does make your skin feel amazing, esp combined with cold water dunks.

The key is to sweat - so if the IR/whatever sauna you use allows for this, then you are helping detox at least in some manner. Near/far IR makes no difference and its all marketing hype most of the time in terms of specifics.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2017/06/infrared-saunas-will-not-detoxify-you-toxins-sweat/528813/

Thing I realized that even when I was in Malmo where they also enjoyed Saunas (I think its a huge Finnish thing, but Scandinavian and part of the Balkans its pretty huge too).. they eat pretty salty foods. Not that swedish food is bad at all, but they do like their canned fish, pickles, fish roe... maybe that makes up for it?

vengie
04-10-2020, 09:14 PM

It’s not just the act of sweating, it’s the way infrared waves penetrate and break down heavy metals contained within fat cells.
Which of course is then sweat out.

ExtraSlow
04-10-2020, 09:29 PM
I am going to say that heavy metals aren't "breaking down" that sounds like bullshit.

Darell_n
04-10-2020, 09:43 PM
I am going to say that heavy metals aren't "breaking down" that sounds like bullshit.

You mean slightly warming a heavy metal doesn’t create fission? Amazing.

revelations
04-10-2020, 09:50 PM
It’s not just the act of sweating, it’s the way infrared waves penetrate and break down heavy metals contained within fat cells.
Which of course is then sweat out.

Pure marketing BS - please read the Atlantic article.

Sweating is good yes - but claiming that a specific IR heat is somehow breaking down fat cells, in a better way that regular sweating, is BS.

revelations
04-10-2020, 09:55 PM
Thing I realized that even when I was in Malmo where they also enjoyed Saunas (I think its a huge Finnish thing, but Scandinavian and part of the Balkans its pretty huge too).. they eat pretty salty foods. Not that swedish food is bad at all, but they do like their canned fish, pickles, fish roe... maybe that makes up for it?

Its common to have salty foods, like sausage and mustard, after a sauna yes.

vengie
04-10-2020, 10:10 PM
Sorry “break down” is a poor choice of words. Improve mobilization of the particles is more accurate.

- - - Updated - - -

Pure marketing BS - please read the Atlantic article.

Sweating is good yes - but claiming that a specific IR heat is somehow breaking down fat cells, in a better way that regular sweating, is BS.

I read the article, but please read multiple studies that I’ve also posted.
Then search google scholar and you’ll find many more.

At the end of the day, believe what you want!

ExtraSlow
04-10-2020, 10:12 PM
at the end of the day, you ll find evidence to support whatever you want!ftfy

vengie
04-10-2020, 10:16 PM
ftfy

You’re not wrong. The same can be said for just about every topic out there.
Although I pride myself in being open minded enough to learn multiple perspectives before coming to a conclusion about something.

ExtraSlow
04-10-2020, 10:21 PM
Yeah, we all think that about ourselves and wonder why others aren't as open minded.

revelations
04-10-2020, 10:22 PM

At the end of the day, believe what you want!

There was absolutely fuck all I saw where FAR IR specifically, is somehow vastly superior to regular sweating from a regular hot sauna. Your articles talked about sweating and some of the benefits.

The Atlantic article said the same thing, there is zero evidence for far IR being special somehow.

vengie
04-10-2020, 10:27 PM
Lol, goodnight fellas :thumbsup:

scboss
04-11-2020, 01:25 AM

The problems with the articles you posted is they dont actually have tests done with measurements. I would love to see some blood work or something that actually shows it removing the metals and how much.

Regardless if it does or not, its not detoxing your body the way he thought and you are not gonna sweat out a bad diet.

Glad to hear he is actually taking initiative and figuring this out.

tonytiger55
04-11-2020, 02:18 AM
OP, when you are doing your sauna. How long do you stay in there for..? and how often are you doing this..?
My reason for asking is the length of time effects type of sweat on how your body detoxes itself.

The Covid stuff probably is not helping on a subconscious level either. Tracking your heart can create a loop where just by looking at it, it can go up and up. It does not help.

I had two/three similar instances over the years where my blood pressure and heart rate would go crazy. One was physical, the other was due to a log term sickness thus in turn effected my mental health (I saw cardiologist's etc).

As others have posted..If you are sweating a lot and using heat(Sauna). You HAVE to replace your salts and minerals. If these go out of whack. You body will adapt to regulate itself but it can only do so much and for so long. Then shit starts to go weird.

I used to do hot yoga a lot. I was the sweatiest guy there. I cant stress enough having to replace your salts and minerals. Drinking electrolights can only do so much. I would use more salt in food (sea salt), eat more bananas and change my diet a bit(seaweed). That helped.
As others have said ditch the pre-workout drinks and caffeine.
If you are able to, check your potassium levels. Ive had severe fatigue attacks due to a long term sickness where heart rate, blood pressure would go off the charts and ive ended up in emergency a few times. Potassium was one of the key markers.

The heart rate goes down over a period of time.

r3ccOs
04-12-2020, 11:06 PM
I'm a pretty avid user of my Sauna and had one for almost a decade - however in the last month, I've used it excessively as I've perceived anecdotally that I have used it to short cold/flus in the past, and even warded them off if I caught something early.

You are BANG on - I recognize why ER and my own GP missed the signs. I hydrate like crazy- usually drinking enough water to accommodate 5 cups of black coffee and espresso a day. But I hydrate with just water, maybe the odd flavor enhancer.

I didn't have any of the Dehydration signs in terms of sunken eyes, lack of moisture in the skin/lips and when asked, yes I drink like a gallon of water a day easy.

At the office, I'll usually have breakfast - simple 3 eggs, dry toast, peanut butter, sometimes bacon or sausage and tomatoes... but its all usually seasoned. However at home.. the wife is adamant on a high veg/fiber diet with limited fat, sodium and carb limited.

That means often just coffee for intermittent fasting, maybe maybe a salad with protein, a smoothie with protein powder and a protein with a very complex starch, with root vegs.

Do that for 30+ days, and sitting in a Sauna for 35+ hours (losing almost 1.5 liters of sweat per hr) - You NEED Salt

Maybe a sign that I could use more salt is that I'm almost low BP now with a sub 120/80 HR.

It actually wasn't until a friend who owns a health food store was like... do you have cold feet and do you have muscle twitches at night? I realized... yup, was getting chills and my body would have the odd jerk or jolt.

Ok... he gave me some therapy for my "weight" (which I cross referenced with my auntie Pharmacist) - Take 1G magnesium malmate, careful on potassium but 500mg, and a general electrolyte with calcium and sodium bicarbonate.

I started taking this on Thursday evening and wow... my HR went down immediately, BP was consistent. Friday, HR went down lower, didn't feel as cold at night and no twitches. Fast forward to today, 114/68 RHR 61 - my norm, and I felt great.

In fact I felt so great, I did some stress testing by doing some workout in the AM... light cardio, light weights to tonight where I actually was able to push almost to the same intensity as I normally would.

Can't believe that I experienced an acute bout just because of an electrolyte imbalance. I always thought that shit was voodoo.

bigbadboss101
04-12-2020, 11:17 PM
Great to hear and keep well. That is a relieve.

ExtraSlow
04-13-2020, 06:57 AM
Tell you wife to settle down on the food a bit. Add some salt to all those meals.

JRSC00LUDE
04-13-2020, 09:26 AM
Not to continue random derails but low fat is just not healthy for you either, just eat the right fat. :)

All this sauna talk has me in mine more again haha. Some hippy thing I used to do, which I may again, is just having a huge chunk of Himalayan salt in a glass jar full of water and having a tablespoon of it a day.

r3ccOs
04-27-2020, 03:49 PM
Not to continue random derails but low fat is just not healthy for you either, just eat the right fat. :)

All this sauna talk has me in mine more again haha. Some hippy thing I used to do, which I may again, is just having a huge chunk of Himalayan salt in a glass jar full of water and having a tablespoon of it a day.

Its been an interesting few weeks.

Over the last couple weeks, my BP normalized and I got back into doing some bike riding and lifting (Bowflex)...

RHR while working was coming down to be the mid 70's which is perfectly acceptable after a couple cups of tea and stress... (sitting) - however on Friday, I did some weighted chin-ups (which I started doing again a while back) and boom. HR spiked right up and sat >124 for about an hour and sat well above 100 for an additional 5 hours.

Took until today to "normalize"

ExtraSlow
04-27-2020, 03:53 PM
Have you upped your salt intake?

JRSC00LUDE
04-28-2020, 08:28 AM
This is really interesting, not that I enjoy that you're going through it. Seems odd the things that trigger it, I hope you find a solid resolution.

ExtraSlow
04-28-2020, 08:38 AM
Have you upped your salt intake?

Have you?

r3ccOs
04-28-2020, 11:24 PM
Have you?

yes I have, and I've been deliberately taking Magnesium, and electrolyte supplements inclusive of Potassium, Sodium Bicarbonate, and calcium... they seem to help

I don't think I have SVT or anything that is crazy like 150-250 BPM uncontrolled and it appears to be triggered by intense exercise... but even at that, I'm talking 120-150 and it does begin to calm after half an hour.

None of this feels good as I feel the palpitations, and can almost find the pump going into my arms, making my BP go insane.

Its been "better" as of late and kinda normal doing regular chores, including work. So I can be in 75-85 range while working, and up to 93 (avg) when I'm walking around doing things like dishes, putting away things etc..

However if I do exercise - cardio or lifting, my HR rise and come back down, but will sit 7-10 beats higher for quite some time - say 2-3 hours. My doctor says thats not uncommon, and I get that... but this is what's weird: Say my HR is high at 130+, if I get on my bench and push some weights (set of 10) my HR will actually drop.. but I can tell my BP goes up

Anyways, I am waiting for a cardiologist to call and am focused on just replenishing salts and hoping to reverse damages from extensive sauna use.

The last couple nights unfortunately I did wake up to symptoms of tachycardia, with almost an anxiety or panic insuring as my HR was all the way up to 110/120 waking me up. Not very much fun

freshvibes
04-29-2020, 09:55 AM

You are hovering on the right side of the chart.

When I was going through the same thing, too much exercise and caffeine were my main triggers. Looking back now my cortisol levels were probably through the roof. I had a lot on my plate at the time so I couldn't really let off the gas so to speak.

Things only improved after I stopped all the heavy lifting, caffeine, started going for regular massages, and made relaxation activities my main priority.

If your anything like me and always "on", your body is basically telling you to slow down.

r3ccOs
05-04-2020, 05:30 PM
Been riding every day - some long steady rides on the roadie, some hard and technical mountain bike rides and some being a train - pulling a double chariot and a baby carrier.

I've been averaging an hour and half of physical activity per day with weight lifting, and doing a 30 min Sauna every other day.

Taking daily 5-8oz of Pom juice prior to sauna or activity, two Q10 pills (evening and morning), therapeutic dosages of magnesium, drinking electrolytes during every exercise and sauna and eating a very conservative high fibre/veg/fruit diet with low starches.

After 2 weeks, my resting heart rate as per even the Fitbit has dropped from 82 to 67 - with a low in the low 50's while sleep and even hits 58 while idle.

Back to my norm.

No idea what acute situation triggered such a situation with me, nor the chronic spells I've had as well.

I don't intend to pivot, but reintroduce more "normal" foods back into my diet, and reduce the therapeutic dosses of electrolytes.