PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Victims in Nova Scotia Shooting

Disoblige
04-19-2020, 02:40 PM
Crazy... One RCMP dead too.
RCMP going to have a news conference at 3 pm for further details.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/alleged-gunman-and-rcmp-officer-among-the-victims-of-nova-scotia-shooting-sources-say

Hits a bit close to home as I live in a similar type of community to that one in Alberta where you have a sense of safety and you kinda know everyone. Most people tend to leave their doors unlocked. Couldn't fathom to think this could happen but very well could as almost everyone has firearms.

Shlade
04-19-2020, 03:09 PM
Wild story here. This seems like a well executed plan by this guy and clearly took some time to scheme up. I mean, the decaling of his own car, aquireing the uniform etc... Reports of multiple execution style killings in people's homes and people he pulled over. Just insane.

dirtsniffer
04-19-2020, 04:17 PM
Holy fuck thats crazy

Supa Dexta
04-19-2020, 05:06 PM
13 victims at this point and he's dead also = 14. Somewhat remote area where he started killing people, so they could be finding more yet if there are homes in off the road a bit or something.

Was mostly described as a good guy before this. Here he is giving a cancer patient new teeth.

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/mobile/there-s-angels-among-us-cancer-survivor-to-receive-new-dentures-1.1928606?fbclid=IwAR1c2JPfUWW23qkKGR7ldOBoJRvsa39FMK5rQJjY4mYdPSEtSznNHcZN6k8

ExtraSlow
04-19-2020, 05:15 PM
Can some coles this for me? So dude gets a cop uniform and cop car, then pulls people over and executes them all day?

- - - Updated - - -

What a world. Hugs your kids yo.

Supa Dexta
04-19-2020, 05:27 PM
I believe he lived in the area where the initial calls came in from - portapique.. And had some rentals around the area.

- Cops get called last night to multiple shots fired, and several places on fire.
- Sounds like he then shot the lady cop that responded and took off
- he had made his own replica cop car, and had some sort of RCMP looking outfit
- he went around various communities shooting as he went it seems, and changed vehicles along the way - possibly shooting others and taking their vehicle
- pulled over at a gas station and pulled up to the pump is where he was finally killed by cops.

Must have been nearly 12 hours after he had started when he was killed.

Reports he had some beef with the cops at his business using his parking lot to go to a coffee shop next door, he had told them to leave multiple times, and had blocked them in before. Not sure that has anything to do with his residence community though, or this event at all.
Also stories he aspired to be a cop in the past.

I'm hearing there are a couple of small children killed also.

revelations
04-19-2020, 06:14 PM
Yea thats pretty crazy, but not entirely unexpected as we average a regular/statistical number of mass shootings in Canada.

Wonder if he was targeting people specifically, or was it random?

Supa Dexta
04-19-2020, 07:05 PM
Pilot flew over the area tonight in a neat tribute,

https://www.facebook.com/haligonia/videos/3713873362019875/

Up to 17 dead now.

lilmira
04-19-2020, 07:14 PM
wtf is wrong with people

revelations
04-19-2020, 07:42 PM
wtf is wrong with people

lots - youve obviously never dealt with mental health cases

1 in 5 Canadians have a diagnosed MH issue.

AndyL
04-19-2020, 08:40 PM

It's the 2 in 5 without a diagnosis that are worrisome :D just sayin'.

Kloubek
04-19-2020, 10:04 PM
This is seriously messed. Absolutely, all mass killings are messed, but this one is really odd.

I have tried to figure the reasoning behind the whole cop outfit and car thing. It was all very deliberate that he appeared like a cop, and that takes a lot of effort and planning. Since there are stories that he aspired to be a cop I imagine that may have been why he had the disguise in the first place. Regardless, he must have figured it would make it easier to carry out his plan in some way.

Then there is the fact that he seemed to have a solid business and life, and was by some accounts a decent guy. (Or an "angel" by the one patient's account) But then all of a sudden he snaps and ends up killing all these people? RIP. Apparently it may have started targeted, but likely ended up random.

Will be interested to hear if and when the details emerge as to what really happened. This is a weird one.

As a side note, I'm glad we live in a country where an event like this is still considered shocking.

C4S
04-19-2020, 10:42 PM
Holy shit...

Crazy dentist, 17 dead!

Rip...:(

Disoblige
04-19-2020, 11:33 PM
Yea thats pretty crazy, but not entirely unexpected as we average a regular/statistical number of mass shootings in Canada.

Wonder if he was targeting people specifically, or was it random?
Not entirely unexpected? It's the worst mass shooting in Canadian history.

lots - youve obviously never dealt with mental health cases

You got that "obvious" deduction over a simple comment like that? Bravo with the holier-than-thou attitude.

Shlade
04-19-2020, 11:37 PM
Sound's like 2 federal Correctional officers were also killed. Seeing quite a few buddies on Facebook sharing information just not sure how accurate. Probably get more information in the coming days here on victims. What a terrible day.

Supa Dexta
04-19-2020, 11:51 PM
Yeah I was hearing that info from the early hours of chatter. Also see a teacher was killed, & I know EMS showed up at one place, having to deal with dead adults while finding a couple of children still alive.

Also saw a guy from Ontario was posting on FB that he couldn't reach his parents in the area. He's since posted he just found out their house burned down and they are dead. He was asking if someone could go try to find them as they weren’t answering their phones

Supa Dexta
04-20-2020, 04:12 AM
More details here,

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/warmington-nova-scotia-mass-murder-evil-and-calculated

'The mass shooting happened on the April 19th anniversaries of the Oklahoma bombing in 1995 that killed 168 and the fiery end of the standoff in Waco, Texas, in 1993,'

revelations
04-20-2020, 10:09 AM
Not entirely unexpected? It's the worst mass shooting in Canadian history.

You got that "obvious" deduction over a simple comment like that? Bravo with the holier-than-thou attitude.

Yes, we have had many in the past - and will continue to have more in the future. There has been an increase in these events, especially the last 10 years.

Assault-style gun laws will make no difference - esp. when the perp had 12 hours for eg.

Yes, people are really that dumb. MH cases are a serious, serious problem in Canada on so many levels, and asking how someone could possibly act this way is pure adult ignorance.

As someone posted, undiagnosed cases are also a huge factor.

Disoblige
04-20-2020, 10:29 AM
Yes, people are really that dumb. MH cases are a serious, serious problem in Canada on so many levels, and asking how someone could possibly act this way is pure adult ignorance.

As someone posted, undiagnosed cases are also a huge factor.
I agree MH cases is a huge problem.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I think one thing people glance over is they acknowledge it's a problem, but not understand fully there is differing degrees as well as tolerances, no different than physical ailments. Someone with a sore leg or stomachache might take work off, while one may plow through it. Whether it is mental or physical, you're going to have different tolerances. I guess my point is that we always talk about the stigma of mental health, but it should still apply to physical attributes too. Like someone who uses a minor physical pain as an excuse, there are a lot of people who use "mental illness" as a scapegoat too. In an ideal world, both stigmas would be gone, but such is life (for now)...

The whole world of mental health is a quagmire, very complicated...

revelations
04-20-2020, 10:42 AM
I agree MH cases is a huge problem.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I think one thing people glance over is they acknowledge it's a problem, but not understand fully there is differing degrees as well as tolerances, no different than physical ailments. Someone with a sore leg or stomachache might take work off, while one may plow through it. Whether it is mental or physical, you're going to have different tolerances. I guess my point is that we always talk about the stigma of mental health, but it should still apply to physical attributes too. Like someone who uses a minor physical pain as an excuse, there are a lot of people who use "mental illness" as a scapegoat too. In an ideal world, both stigmas would be gone, but such is life (for now)...

The whole world of mental health is a quagmire, very complicated...

agreed - there is no reliable method to predict 100% of the time if someone is going to snap and kill themselves, or kill others. MH can manifest in completely illogical behaviour.

ZenOps
04-20-2020, 12:11 PM
Dentists. Not to be biased. Impressive sign he had in front of his little shop though.

e31
04-20-2020, 01:28 PM
Dentists. Not to be biased. Impressive sign he had in front of his little shop though.

Denturist, the artist equivalent in the dental industry. Bias may be valid.

Supa Dexta
04-21-2020, 05:04 PM
Up to 23 now, Hard to believe. This would be similar to driving from longview to cochrane, and killing people all along the way over, 12 hours.

revelations
04-21-2020, 05:15 PM
I hate to say it, but its not unlikely that the C19 over reaction debacle might have set this, somewhat mentally unstable person - off. You wont see this on CBC.

The number of domestic cases, and other such violent behaviour at home towards the vulnerable in this country - has increased dramatically. You probably wont see this on CBC either.

darthVWader
04-22-2020, 02:09 AM
My guess he was planning this before Covid. But took the opportunity to get people on his list knowing they would probably be home.

I hate to say it, but its not unlikely that the C19 over reaction debacle might have set this, somewhat mentally unstable person - off. You wont see this on CBC.

The number of domestic cases, and other such violent behaviour at home towards the vulnerable in this country - has increased dramatically. You probably wont see this on CBC either.

SKR
04-22-2020, 11:22 AM
I hate to say it, but its not unlikely that the C19 reaction debacle might have set this, somewhat mentally unstable person - off.

I agree, stricter lockdown measures would have meant everyone was at home and none of this could have happened.

revelations
04-22-2020, 11:39 AM
I agree, stricter lockdown measures would have meant everyone was at home and none of this could have happened.

Yes - in the same manner as increasing gun laws.

FraserB
04-22-2020, 01:03 PM
Remember folks, legal gun owners are the real threat and only the police should have guns. So not only are these idiots reckless and poorly trained, they apparently can’t shoot for shit either

https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/news/provincial/rcmp-officers-did-not-identify-themselves-after-shooting-up-onslow-belmont-fire-hall-440738/

Supa Dexta
04-22-2020, 02:21 PM
Something seems really strange with that part of the story.. Why would 2 cops show up and shoot up the side of a fire station.. And then take off. And who was hiding there afterwards...?

While the cops are now saying there could be a possibility there were others involved.

Disoblige
04-22-2020, 02:26 PM
News talking a lot about why the emergency alert wasn't sent out promptly before the killer was shot.

I mean, I could see why bureaucracy caused the delays. You have a lot of non-events in that part of the country for a long period of time, people get complacent. Then when shit hits the fan, you realize the process is super inefficient and you get caught with your pants down. So many small town areas are in this kind of situation and it is sometimes just plain luck nothing serious happens as they would be so screwed.

schocker
04-22-2020, 10:52 PM
Remember folks, legal gun owners are the real threat and only the police should have guns. So not only are these idiots reckless and poorly trained, they apparently can’t shoot for shit either

https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/news/provincial/rcmp-officers-did-not-identify-themselves-after-shooting-up-onslow-belmont-fire-hall-440738/

The gunman also had no license.
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/3a83av/nova-scotia-gunman-was-not-a-legal-firearms-owner-rcmp-says
Was good of bill blair to interrupt the RCMP in the press conference the other day when a reporter asked.

killramos
04-23-2020, 07:37 AM
So many things wrong with that statement

A) They have a pretty good idea? Seriously? The RCMP administers the CFP and they only have a “pretty good idea” incompetent idiots.

B) FAC’s haven’t been a thing for what? 25 years? Where did they find this guy and why is he allowed to talk?

Sure inspires confidence that the Canadian firearms program is buttoned down real tight when they guys who run it don’t even know how it works. But I’m sure they will be the first ones to speak out about how we need more restrictions despite living in 1984.

Supa Dexta
04-23-2020, 08:54 AM
This guy ain't wrong...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpKmhDW3iQI&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3E0qjTUB_LKgJgsfoaIMFfMfjSlsGhSOP4O_bU5cAXHPNpti8CkJP4vvM

revelations
04-23-2020, 09:27 AM
So many things wrong with that statement

A) They have a pretty good idea? Seriously? The RCMP administers the CFP and they only have a “pretty good idea” incompetent idiots.

B) FAC’s haven’t been a thing for what? 25 years? Where did they find this guy and why is he allowed to talk?

Sure inspires confidence that the Canadian firearms program is buttoned down real tight when they guys who run it don’t even know how it works. But I’m sure they will be the first ones to speak out about how we need more restrictions despite living in 1984.

Given that the Eastern clowns voted in the clown in Ottawa (esp the maritimes), they will definitely accept more silly laws and taxes coming from the same clown.

jutes
04-23-2020, 09:28 AM
wrong damn thread.

Supa Dexta
04-23-2020, 05:40 PM
I still found it interesting^^

Also - more details emerge, his girlfriend isn't dead>

https://globalnews.ca/news/6858994/nova-scotia-shootings-gunman-attacked-girlfriend/?utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=GlobalHalifax&fbclid=IwAR0KoUHcVonMmBMQcsOj1-H4_6naSrY675LuWysgTZkGf6-73Q_q6TMU46A

Supa Dexta
04-24-2020, 04:50 AM
So if you google 28b11 - the serial number he used on his fake cop car, the first result takes you to this page -

https://www.creativebiolabs.net/anti-il17f-antibody-scfv-fragment-123924.htm

'Creative Biolabs has successfully developed SARS, MERS and other anti-viral antibodies in the past to assist scientific research. Facing the difficult COVID-19, Creative Biolabs actively invests in antibody development to assist researchers to better understand the characteristics of 2019-nCoV and drug development.'

so then i thought it must be a hoax, but creative biolabs has been around since 2005, and that website has been up since 2015.. I have no idea what it means that he used that number, but that would be a pretty big coincidence..

AndyL
04-24-2020, 01:29 PM
NS RCMP responding to another shots fired incident issued another shelter in place on the emergency alert system.

https://trib.al/9LETF3P

revelations
04-24-2020, 04:35 PM
So if you google 28b11 - the serial number he used on his fake cop car, the first result takes you to this page -

https://www.creativebiolabs.net/anti-il17f-antibody-scfv-fragment-123924.htm

'Creative Biolabs has successfully developed SARS, MERS and other anti-viral antibodies in the past to assist scientific research. Facing the difficult COVID-19, Creative Biolabs actively invests in antibody development to assist researchers to better understand the characteristics of 2019-nCoV and drug development.'

so then i thought it must be a hoax, but creative biolabs has been around since 2005, and that website has been up since 2015.. I have no idea what it means that he used that number, but that would be a pretty big coincidence..

If one looks at synchronicities during significant events, you can find that it happens quite often. 28B11 is unique enough that its unlikely to be a regular, statistical coincidence.

Supa Dexta
06-16-2020, 07:02 AM
Plot thickens, may have been an informant

https://youtu.be/Yn6d_CkjIEQ

JRSC00LUDE
06-16-2020, 10:29 AM
Plot thickens, may have been an informant

https://youtu.be/Yn6d_CkjIEQ

I don't have 23 minutes, coles notes?

eglove
06-16-2020, 10:37 AM
That's mindblowing

jwslam
06-16-2020, 10:37 AM
I don't have 23 minutes, coles notes?
Dude was an RCMP informant
The RCMP failed to react quickly. At 1am after identifying 13 dead they were busy searching his burning home for a suicide.
Some sort of link to Hell's Angels.

revelations
06-16-2020, 10:38 AM
Not surprising and shows how little of the actual details are usually released.

killramos
06-16-2020, 10:42 AM
Better ban AR15’s because the RCMP can’t keep their guy on a leash.

Supa Dexta
06-20-2020, 02:24 AM
'Sources in both banking and the RCMP say the transaction is consistent with how the RCMP funnels money to its confidential informants and agents, and is not an option available to private banking customers.'

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/the-nova-scotia-shooter-case-has-hallmarks-of-an-undercover-operation/amp/?fbclid=IwAR2AVO2eHJ7pJLpF2AXbZ-ylklyhcaYkCuzWWoe-axXcVRLtf4wPPl6eoUE

You guys may remember a number of years back a guy arrested in edmonton for drugs - and it being reported he had ties to La Familia, the mexican drug cartel. I remember Peter from when I was younger. Apparently he skipped town, got re arrested on the east coast and served his time down there. He was living in portipique, and i heard was working at a decal shop where he made the decals for the fake cop car.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/peter-griffon-formerly-of-n-s-linked-to-mexican-drug-cartel-1.2881888

Perhaps wortman had been undercover for years - he left highschool saying he was going to join the police.

Maxt
06-20-2020, 08:23 AM
All this weirdness and the fog the rcmp refuse to clear up, so whats this guys motive for the rampage is what I'm left wondering about. Was he left out hanging in the wind by the Rcmp as a informant so he went on the spree as revenge against the rcmp? He was a dead man anyway if the HA knew he was a CI, but the overall sum of the way the rcmp acted that day is what makes people think somethings up. The lack of amber alert, his past dealings with organization, the shootup of the firehall, and some people reporting some of the crime scenes were bulldozed immediately.

killramos
06-20-2020, 08:37 AM
I’ve watched enough episodes of 24 to spot a cover up.

JRSC00LUDE
06-20-2020, 09:40 AM
He was a dead man anyway if the HA knew he was a CI

How dare you, the Hell's Angels is just a social club and not a criminal organization.

ThePenIsMightier
06-20-2020, 10:03 AM
How dare you, the Hell's Angels is just a social club and not a criminal organization.

Very true. They're just burly, motorcycle enthusiasts who even hand out teddy bears to children. Never judge a book by its cover.
A.C.A.B.

revelations
06-20-2020, 11:13 AM

yea, the RPG attacks during the Quebec biker wars certainly helped! lol

ExtraSlow
06-20-2020, 11:15 AM
The majority of biker violence and killing is on other criminals. The amount of collateral damage is a small percentage. Sorta like batman.

max_boost
06-20-2020, 12:01 PM
All this weirdness and the fog the rcmp refuse to clear up, so whats this guys motive for the rampage is what I'm left wondering about. Was he left out hanging in the wind by the Rcmp as a informant so he went on the spree as revenge against the rcmp? He was a dead man anyway if the HA knew he was a CI, but the overall sum of the way the rcmp acted that day is what makes people think somethings up. The lack of amber alert, his past dealings with organization, the shootup of the firehall, and some people reporting some of the crime scenes were bulldozed immediately.

That is crazy. :eek:

D'z Nutz
06-20-2020, 12:38 PM
The lack of amber alert

What does this have to do with anything? There were no children abducted.

ThePenIsMightier
06-20-2020, 01:08 PM
What does this have to do with anything? There were no children abducted.

I think he meant those cell phone alerts like we get for tornado warnings & shit.

Maxt
06-20-2020, 01:32 PM
I think he meant those cell phone alerts like we get for tornado warnings & shit.

Yeah what I meant, them using twitter was pretty lame and a really strange decision. Nobody has been canned over it yet either. A guy dressed as a Mountie on a spree, you'd want everyone to know, unless you didnt.

JRSC00LUDE
06-20-2020, 01:41 PM
Yeah what I meant, them using twitter was pretty lame and a really strange decision. Nobody has been canned over it yet either. A guy dressed as a Mountie on a spree, you'd want everyone to know, unless you didnt.

Bingo.

Unless they didn't. I highly doubt ALL killings were random and the RCMP likely knew and know WAY more than will ever be proven.

revelations
06-20-2020, 01:46 PM
Bingo.

Unless they didn't. I highly doubt ALL killings were random and the RCMP likely knew and know WAY more than will ever be proven.

Thats already out in the open - the first 10 or something were targeted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Nova_Scotia_attacks#April_18

googe
06-20-2020, 04:29 PM
You get 450k cash paydays for being a snitch?

killramos
06-20-2020, 04:33 PM
You get 450k cash paydays for being a snitch?

Seems to have worked out well for him

dirtsniffer
06-20-2020, 09:42 PM
Could have been to buy a bunch of illegal guns from the hells angel;)

Maxt
06-21-2020, 06:27 AM
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/brian-hutchinson-rcmp-attempt-to-lure-hapless-b-c-couple-into-contrived-terror-plot-was-complete-debacle/amp?__twitter_impression=true

This story comes to mind.

Maxt
06-21-2020, 09:59 AM
https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/canada/2020/06/21/pandemic-fears-may-have-led-ns-gunman-to-withdraw-hundreds-of-thousands-of-dollars-prior-to-massacre-rcmp-say.html?__twitter_impression=true

Some rcmp pushback. Its always funny when officials come out and say they would support a public inquiry so the facts can come out. Once the terms are set for the inquiry, its usually handcuffed by "privacy" concerns, cannot lay blame, and subject to operational security measures. They use the inquiries to solidify their version of reality into public record. I dont think there is really strong enough oversight when it comes to the RCMP,, nor is there enough political independence.

revelations
06-21-2020, 10:11 AM
Its exactly cases like there where conspiracy theories love to flourish. The RCMP have a long history of questionable behaviour, and covering up their own shit.

For eg. the RCMP bombed a pipeline in Norther BC in the late 90s, to frame a person they did not like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_controversies_involving_the_Royal_Canadian_Mounted_Police#RCMP_bombing_in_Alberta,_scapegoating_farmer

Gman.45
06-21-2020, 02:44 PM
Few have mentioned that 2 responding RCMP officers to this shooting came upon a fire hall where people were sheltering in place. They saw "a man" outside. They both lit him up to the tune of a mag dump each. Tons of rounds zipped through the fire hall wall narrowly missing the people inside. They also completely missed their UNARMED and unrelated target outside (nice shooting Ace). Oops. No investigation or charges filed against these officers. These are the people that are supposed to "protect" us.

Wortman collected the 475$k from a Brinks depot, from CIBC Intria. This is specifically how the RCMP handle payments to agents and confidential (laugh) informants. Regular joe shmo citizen CANNOT pick up cash from a Brink's depot, no matter who or where it is transferred from.

EM2FTL
06-22-2020, 10:46 AM
Few have mentioned that 2 responding RCMP officers to this shooting came upon a fire hall where people were sheltering in place. They saw "a man" outside. They both lit him up to the tune of a mag dump each. Tons of rounds zipped through the fire hall wall narrowly missing the people inside. They also completely missed their UNARMED and unrelated target outside (nice shooting Ace). Oops. No investigation or charges filed against these officers. These are the people that are supposed to "protect" us.

Wortman collected the 475$k from a Brinks depot, from CIBC Intria. This is specifically how the RCMP handle payments to agents and confidential (laugh) informants. Regular joe shmo citizen CANNOT pick up cash from a Brink's depot, no matter who or where it is transferred from.

Yup, pretty fucking weird. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/gunfire-mass-killings-fire-hall-1.5541302

A news release from the Onslow fire department said the gunfire caused considerable damage to their property and even took one of their trucks out of service.

There were RCMP officers on the property at the time along with several other people, said the department.

The fire hall's video surveillance did not show who fired, but did show two people resembling RCMP officers enter the property, according to the news release. No one inside the hall spoke with them, nor did the men identify themselves as RCMP, said the news release.

Darell_n
06-22-2020, 10:54 AM
Has anyone checked to see if all the law enforcement out there are impersonating RCMP officers?

revelations
06-22-2020, 11:46 AM

The more I hear 'defund the police' - the more I think 'defund the RCMP'.

This is a corrupt and decrepit organization (from the top down) that needs to be massively downsized and policing control brought back to the provinces.

Accountability restored to the province, instead of some far off, political/ottawa group that practices virtue signalling whenever the winds blow.

Shlade
06-22-2020, 11:49 AM
The more I hear 'defund the police' - the more I think 'defund the RCMP'.

This is a corrupt and decrepit organization (from the top down) that needs to be massively downsized and policing control brought back to the provinces.

Would be nice to have that Provincial Police force... just not sure we can afford it.

JRSC00LUDE
06-22-2020, 12:03 PM
There needs to be a SERIOUS in-depth inquiry into this disaster and who give 2 fucks if doing so compromises some bullshit undercover work that's likely just a worthless contribution to the "war on drugs" anyway.

killramos
06-22-2020, 12:28 PM
There needs to be a SERIOUS in-depth inquiry into this disaster and who give 2 fucks if doing so compromises some bullshit undercover work that's likely just a worthless contribution to the "war on drugs" anyway.

Yea this really should be front page news.

revelations
06-22-2020, 12:32 PM

The BS war on drugs is one major reason the RCMP get their funding.

If drugs were suddenly legalized, the need for billions of dollars pissed away like this would disappear over time. Cant have THAT happen!!

aaronck
06-22-2020, 12:39 PM
Would be nice to have that Provincial Police force... just not sure we can afford it.

Would be worth looking into if it wasn't being run by the Alberta UCP. I assume it would be a FOIP exempt crony filled joke if it was.

JRSC00LUDE
06-22-2020, 01:19 PM
Would be worth looking into if it wasn't being run by the Alberta UCP/NDP/LIberals. I assume it would be a FOIP exempt crony filled joke if it was.

Post edited for clarity.

AndyL
06-22-2020, 01:43 PM
Does anyone have a link for the bill jagmeet got thrown out over?

Did it actually include OPP and SQ? The references i see now show specifically RCMP - seems to omit that 2/3rds of Canada under OPP/SQ - but now it's all about him getting thrown out over calling the bloc racist.

Gman.45
07-17-2020, 03:47 AM

If drugs were suddenly legalized, the need for billions of dollars pissed away like this would disappear over time. Cant have THAT happen!!

Revelations, my father is retired former LE in Canada, same as you, and has the same opinion. He had a party recently at his place that 75+ former and mostly retired RCMP/City Police from his hometown came to, and I was really surprised...very very surprised, at how many of them, including some of the on duty guys who stopped by for free bbq and got involved in the convo briefly, have this opinion as well.

revelations
07-17-2020, 09:56 AM
Revelations, my father is retired former LE in Canada, same as you, and has the same opinion. He had a party recently at his place that 75+ former and mostly retired RCMP/City Police from his hometown came to, and I was really surprised...very very surprised, at how many of them, including some of the on duty guys who stopped by for free bbq and got involved in the convo briefly, have this opinion as well.

We dont live in a society where common sense prevails either in person or in power. We live in a system where government is there mainly to serve themselves (eg. career politicians), instead of others (by doing the tough, but correct thing).

We get the government we deserve. The RCMP are just mirroring the prevailing narrative - as the wind blows - instead of standing for what is correct for the majority of the silent masses.

max_boost
07-17-2020, 08:14 PM

Hopefully in our lifetime.

ThePenIsMightier
07-18-2020, 05:00 AM
With the legalization of marijuana in Canada having gone so incredibly well and delivering on all its promises (on or ahead of schedule), I can really appreciate how the appetite to legalize more drugs is increasing.

zechs
07-18-2020, 07:40 AM
With the legalization of marijuana in Canada having gone so incredibly well and delivering on all its promises (on or ahead of schedule), I can really appreciate how the appetite to legalize more drugs is increasing.

That's an interesting view on the black market still thriving, the system costing more than it earns, and drug driving offences being way up.

Unless you were being sarcastic, but sometimes tough to tell on this site.

revelations
07-18-2020, 11:43 AM
The legalization of MJ has no doubt, saved untold millions of $$$ in needless criminality offenses and police work. This is not rocket science.

As far as the framework for distribution - the government (again) managed to fuck it up, yes, in many provinces.

Misterman
07-21-2020, 08:00 AM

Legalize is the wrong word. Decriminalized is what should be done with petty drug charges. We don't need the government selling heroin, but we also don't need to be wasting resources locking up some dealer who will be replaced by another guy no more than 5 minutes after the arrest.

OTown
07-21-2020, 11:35 PM
Legalize is the wrong word. Decriminalized is what should be done with petty drug charges. We don't need the government selling heroin, but we also don't need to be wasting resources locking up some dealer who will be replaced by another guy no more than 5 minutes after the arrest.

So just turn a blind eye and hope the problem goes away?

JRSC00LUDE
07-23-2020, 10:09 PM

That's the dismissive and simplistic kind of comment that only someone who works in law enforcement could make.

OTown
07-23-2020, 10:38 PM
That's the dismissive and simplistic kind of comment that only someone who works in law enforcement could make.

Today on beyond, I found out that you need to be a cop to think that simply ignoring substance use/abuse is not a solution to the problem of addictions

Just look at the Utopian city called Seattle as a perfect example of how turning a blind eye to the problem of addiction and how it affects entire communities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAi70WWBlw

Also, in the comment I quoted, he states "petty drug charges" but then mentions locking up drug dealers. Those are 2 vastly different things.

revelations
07-23-2020, 11:03 PM

No, legalize it - tax it, regulate it, privatize it.

Educate users about drugs, setup facilities for users and treatment (paid by tax dollars) and for those who prefer to shoot up in back alleys.

Yes its unicorns and fairies ..... ie. not perfect, but far better than the waste of tax payer dollars thats been going on for decades and zombies walking around the major cities.

dubhead
07-24-2020, 01:11 AM
Today on beyond, I found out that you need to be a cop to think that simply ignoring substance use/abuse is not a solution to the problem of addictions

Just look at the Utopian city called Seattle as a perfect example of how turning a blind eye to the problem of addiction and how it affects entire communities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAi70WWBlw

Also, in the comment I quoted, he states "petty drug charges" but then mentions locking up drug dealers. Those are 2 vastly different things.

See the point of legalization really is the opposite of turning a blind eye it's acknowledging that substance use is a public health issue not a criminal or moral issue. Once we do that we can take the roughly $ 3 billion a year spent in Canada on the epic failure of the war on drugs and spend it on actually helping the societies most vulnerable people.

The trouble of course with the Seattle problem is it's half measures with out the health support, as well as the part where the whole country has unloaded their homeless and poverty problems on the west coast.

ThePenIsMightier
07-24-2020, 05:11 AM
Thread about a killing spree in Nova Scotia quickly leads to a discussion of homelessness in Seattle.

Beyond - where not the same country and not the same coast come together.

dubhead
07-24-2020, 05:42 AM
Thread about a killing spree in Nova Scotia quickly leads to a discussion of homelessness in Seattle.

Beyond - where not the same country and not the same coast come together.

Yeah I suppose this defund the police stuff belongs in the BLM thread though we have two Corona threads so might as well have two defund the police threads. :nut:

SKR
07-24-2020, 07:37 AM
Yeah I suppose this defund the police stuff belongs in the BLM thread though we have two Corona threads so might as well have two defund the police threads. :nut:

Three corona threads if you count the retard thread that nobody posts in anymore.

JRSC00LUDE
07-24-2020, 10:30 AM

You continue to reiterate that you don't actually understand that conversation and that's ok. On a related note, I think Vin Diesel would like to speak with you.