PDA

View Full Version : Are hydraulic struts worth anything?

jwslam
04-27-2020, 08:24 AM
Changed out the lift gate struts on two cars so I have these nearly new condition struts sitting around

Does anyone have use for these? Is there a shop somewhere that takes these? Otherwise I guess they just go in the black bin...

One pair from 2019 Hyundai Kona
One pair from 2019 Honda CR-V

loweg
04-27-2020, 10:53 AM
Can you measure lengths when compressed ? Could take em. Off your hands maybe

sabad66
04-27-2020, 10:56 AM
no idea what they are worth, but wondering why you changed them out on such new cars?

jwslam
04-27-2020, 11:12 AM
no idea what they are worth, but wondering why you changed them out on such new cars?
Installed power lift gate.
-CRV my parents cheaped out and bought the trim without
-Kona does not exist from factory, only aftermarket.

sabad66
04-27-2020, 11:24 AM
ahh cool, never thought of adding those features after the fact but sounds like a great idea. Do your retrofits integrate with the remotes to open the lift gates?

jwslam
04-27-2020, 11:58 AM
ahh cool, never thought of adding those features after the fact but sounds like a great idea. Do your retrofits integrate with the remotes to open the lift gates?
Yes and no.

So the kits I have
1) Use the original gate button
2) Add a button to the dash; the CRV had a factory slot so just popped it in there. The Kona I had to drill a new hole and place where I wanted.
3) Kona I paid extra to add the kick sensor
4) The factory remotes, though they have a trunk button, it does nothing. The wiring / logic is to tie into the unlock signal. Most keys (factory setting) have 1 unlock driver, 2 unlock all doors. The logic adds 3 click for trunk open.

I'll update my other thread sometime.
https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/411052-Power-Trunk-Mod

jwslam
05-01-2020, 10:56 AM
loweg no idea how to measure compressed