PDA

View Full Version : GYMVMT refund

ee2k
04-27-2020, 10:13 AM
Has anyone been successful in getting a refund from GYMVMT? I have gone through two billing cycles since they closed and they keep on doing automatic withdrawals, unlike Goodlife which I understand has stopped doing this.

I have yet to contact them but need to work on a strategy.

beyond_ban
04-27-2020, 11:10 AM
I contacted them when the whole lockdown started and was given two options.

1. Continue to pay my regular fee which will then be credited back at 1.5x value. So if i pay for 1 month, i get a month and a half free upon the gym reopening. Also, at anytime i can cancel and get a refund.

2. Cancel payments temporarily, and then resume when the gym resumes.

I chose option 1. Although it is a little risky, it does provide good value and should help them keep their heads above the water a bit better during this time.

flipstah
04-27-2020, 01:06 PM
^

Same. I chose option 2 and it's been on hold since. I'd contact them to exercise your options and you should get credits for the past two monthly payments.

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-28-2020, 11:04 AM
I contacted them when the whole lockdown started and was given two options.

1. Continue to pay my regular fee which will then be credited back at 1.5x value. So if i pay for 1 month, i get a month and a half free upon the gym reopening. Also, at anytime i can cancel and get a refund.

2. Cancel payments temporarily, and then resume when the gym resumes.

I chose option 1. Although it is a little risky, it does provide good value and should help them keep their heads above the water a bit better during this time.

I chose option 1, but was told it was 20%, not 50%. I also have training payments, and was told I get 2 free sessions, but I don't know if that means regardless of time, I just get 2 free sessions, or per payment?

beyond_ban
04-28-2020, 11:32 AM
I chose option 1, but was told it was 20%, not 50%. I also have training payments, and was told I get 2 free sessions, but I don't know if that means regardless of time, I just get 2 free sessions, or per payment?

Interesting. I emailed them and they replied with a call, so i do not have written record of the 50%. I will be pretty upset if that changes though... Which location do you go to? I go to Edgemont so i pay for the "premium" membership, so maybe that makes the difference? I was also offered a few additional training sessions, but i still have not used the ones that came with my account when i signed up so not sure how much i value those.

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-28-2020, 12:32 PM
Interesting. I emailed them and they replied with a call, so i do not have written record of the 50%. I will be pretty upset if that changes though... Which location do you go to? I go to Edgemont so i pay for the "premium" membership, so maybe that makes the difference? I was also offered a few additional training sessions, but i still have not used the ones that came with my account when i signed up so not sure how much i value those.

I'm also at Edgemont.

https://gymvmt.com/covid-19/

For a limited time, existing members who continue to pay their membership dues during the time of club closures can receive a credit for the amount paid from March 17 until we reopen, plus a bonus credit of 10% of that amount. Thank you for supporting local!

When they first posted the page, it was 50%, and a Gym bag. When I emailed them, and got a call, the site stated 20%, nothing else. Now it says 10%.

I also can't find anything about my training sessions, and when I called them, they asked who my trainer was, and they would look into it, that was a few weeks ago, and payments are still being withdrawn (separate from my monthly).

Hilariously, I had just signed up, so I was supposed to do a 14 day trial on training, before doing a 3month commitment. I never got to touch base on whether I wanted to go forward with the 3 months. But my trainer (who is still laid off), has been awesome, so I want to do anything I can to help him out.

beyond_ban
04-28-2020, 02:09 PM
I'm also at Edgemont.

https://gymvmt.com/covid-19/

When they first posted the page, it was 50%, and a Gym bag. When I emailed them, and got a call, the site stated 20%, nothing else. Now it says 10%.

I also can't find anything about my training sessions, and when I called them, they asked who my trainer was, and they would look into it, that was a few weeks ago, and payments are still being withdrawn (separate from my monthly).

Hilariously, I had just signed up, so I was supposed to do a 14 day trial on training, before doing a 3month commitment. I never got to touch base on whether I wanted to go forward with the 3 months. But my trainer (who is still laid off), has been awesome, so I want to do anything I can to help him out.

Wow, that is utter garbage. I kinda of want to cancel and get my refund just to stick it to them for operating in bad faith.

Edit: I just reached out to them to see if there are any additional incentives available and will update when i hear back

mr2mike
04-28-2020, 02:42 PM
Been paying for Winter Club for a few months without any service.

DTTB_36
04-28-2020, 02:53 PM
I should have a photo of the deal by GYMVT, so I can pass it along if you need photographic evidence of the 50% deal.

beyond_ban
04-28-2020, 04:25 PM
They just called me to iron things out and as soon as i mentioned the 50% they agreed to utilize that rate on my account. I am not just awaiting email confirmation, but i am happy to see that they are honoring their original deal. If you also lift at GYMVMT i would recommend calling and getting the 50% placed on your account for assured maximum value.

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-28-2020, 07:57 PM
They just called me to iron things out and as soon as i mentioned the 50% they agreed to utilize that rate on my account. I am not just awaiting email confirmation, but i am happy to see that they are honoring their original deal. If you also lift at GYMVMT i would recommend calling and getting the 50% placed on your account for assured maximum value.

I found this link, that still mentions the 50% rate.

https://gymvmt.com/on-demand-workouts-and-training/

I should reach out to them again tomorrow. Did you email, or use the form on their site?

scboss
04-29-2020, 12:49 AM
Has anyone been successful in getting a refund from GYMVMT? I have gone through two billing cycles since they closed and they keep on doing automatic withdrawals, unlike Goodlife which I understand has stopped doing this.

I have yet to contact them but need to work on a strategy.

Im actually a trainer at one of the locations and was called back to work last week to do remote training. Don't worry about coming up with a strategy as they will freeze-credit your account, refund now, or give you the bonus plus credit when they open. If you guys need anything PM me and I can point you in the right direction!

nzwasp
04-29-2020, 06:53 AM
Im actually a trainer at one of the locations and was called back to work last week to do remote training. Don't worry about coming up with a strategy as they will freeze-credit your account, refund now, or give you the bonus plus credit when they open. If you guys need anything PM me and I can point you in the right direction!

So how does remote training work then? I’m guessing it’s a way to offer the personal training still?

beyond_ban
04-29-2020, 08:33 AM
I found this link, that still mentions the 50% rate.

https://gymvmt.com/on-demand-workouts-and-training/

I should reach out to them again tomorrow. Did you email, or use the form on their site?

I reached out via the form on their site and received a call back a few hours later.

scboss
04-29-2020, 12:55 PM
So how does remote training work then? I’m guessing it’s a way to offer the personal training still?

You can still get personal training but we are also offering free services to make sure our member base is being helped out. Since being back to work ive been reaching out to tons of people and you can tell the isolation is doing a number on peoples mental and physical health. Most people have the idea that no gym=no results which couldn't be farther from the truth especially for general pop.

I've been offering weekly phone call/custom program or daily check in/weekly phone call/custom program. Its been very interesting creating custom programs based off what people have at home (luggage, charis, backpacks etc) but ive been making it work. It has also been a great opportunity to fix a lot of mobility issues and hit some calisthenics work.

On a side note

As someone that has close to 50 clients this situation put me in panic mode. I knew many of my clients would become unmotivated with lack of equipment and lose the results they worked for. When we had to close I sent all of my community free at home programming and started dropping workouts/mobility drills on my Youtube channel to help keep them motivated. But lets be honest that only goes so far and its hard to keep track of everyone when its not front of mind daily.

Luckily financially I was completely fine when I was temporarily laid off but i'm grateful as hell they were able to bring me to help people out even if its just a phone call to see how they are doing.

LilDrunkenSmurf
06-18-2021, 08:30 AM
Necro bump? With the announcement of the Edgemont location close last night, thanks to the rug pull by the landlord, I'm kind of pissed. I get it's not GYMVMT's fault, but I'm still mad.
I wanted to check how many training sessions I have saved up (cause those don't automatically pause). In March, I had 21. I now have 6. Considering I was using max 1/week, while they were open, this seems insane to me. So aside from the fact that the next closest location is 6x the distance, I'm missing probably 12+ sessions from my account. As soon as I can, I need to flip my membership off of executive, and as soon as my sessions are gone, I'm probably gone too, since I guarantee it'll be impossible to get a refund from the new company.

G-ZUS
06-18-2021, 09:43 AM
Necro bump? With the announcement of the Edgemont location close last night, thanks to the rug pull by the landlord, I'm kind of pissed. I get it's not GYMVMT's fault, but I'm still mad.
I wanted to check how many training sessions I have saved up (cause those don't automatically pause). In March, I had 21. I now have 6. Considering I was using max 1/week, while they were open, this seems insane to me. So aside from the fact that the next closest location is 6x the distance, I'm missing probably 12+ sessions from my account. As soon as I can, I need to flip my membership off of executive, and as soon as my sessions are gone, I'm probably gone too, since I guarantee it'll be impossible to get a refund from the new company.

Didn't they claim bankruptcy

LilDrunkenSmurf
06-18-2021, 10:28 AM
Yeah, and they were bought out by.. IHF? Or something?
Closed like 6 of the locations or something, and then at like 4pm yesterday the landlord of their head office pulled the renewal (verbal, but not signed yet).

JRSC00LUDE
06-18-2021, 10:32 AM
Did anyone ever figure out how to pronounce that stupid name?

firebane
06-18-2021, 10:49 AM
Did anyone ever figure out how to pronounce that stupid name?

You mean like Gym Movement?

vengie
06-18-2021, 10:54 AM
Gymvmt seems like they are ran by a bunch of idiots.

Case and point is the MASSIVE (and expensive) renovation to their downtown location.

and opening a "Her GYMVMT" right next door to a very popular Good Life in Canyon meadows.

firebane
06-18-2021, 10:58 AM

Case and point is the MASSIVE (and expensive) renovation to their downtown location.

and opening a "Her GYMVMT" right next door to a very popular Good Life in Canyon meadows.

I mean not like World Health was all that great

JRSC00LUDE
06-18-2021, 11:02 AM
You mean like Gym Movement?

You mean like Gym Vement?

suntan
06-18-2021, 11:08 AM

Wasn't that the old Spa Lady?

bulaian
06-18-2021, 02:40 PM
They converted the Spa Lady in Beacon Hill to GYMVMNT too

Masked Bandit
06-18-2021, 02:52 PM

They didn't open the Her GYMVMT, the purchased & rebranded the Spa Lady that had been there for 30+ years. That location has been through about five different gyms that occupied what is currently Good Life.

vengie
06-18-2021, 02:53 PM
Wasn't that the old Spa Lady?

I do believe so yes.

phamaze
06-18-2021, 02:58 PM
With edgemont closed does that mean any contract signed to that specific gym is void now since they are shutting down?

LilDrunkenSmurf
06-18-2021, 03:39 PM
With edgemont closed does that mean any contract signed to that specific gym is void now since they are shutting down?

Doubt it, maybe the purchase voided it?
If you had a squash membership, you're being "downgraded" to executive. If you didn't have squash, you're staying at executive. I would immediately try to downgrade that to a multi-club or single-club membership if you can.

nzwasp
12-09-2021, 09:09 AM
So back about 6 months ago my wife attempted to cancel her membership and they said it wasnt possible to cancel with a $50 credit, that had to be used first. Anyway fast forward to this month gymvmt has charged her $45 for her membership, so we went to find the contact number (theres only a web form there) it says they have extremely high call volume so fill in the form, well if theres no phone number to contact them how is their high call volume. Fuckers make it impossible to do anything to cancel with them

ThePenIsMightier
12-09-2021, 09:50 AM
So back about 6 months ago my wife attempted to cancel her membership and they said it wasnt possible to cancel with a $50 credit, that had to be used first. Anyway fast forward to this month gymvmt has charged her $45 for her membership, so we went to find the contact number (theres only a web form there) it says they have extremely high call volume so fill in the form, well if theres no phone number to contact them how is their high call volume. Fuckers make it impossible to do anything to cancel with them

Transfer membership to mother-in-law.

Tik-Tok
12-09-2021, 10:36 AM

"Merry Christmas!"

scboss
12-09-2021, 11:34 AM

Lmao.
nzwasp I sub contract as a trainer at Trans Canada. If you go into any club you can take care of it instantly. If you want me to look into anything dm me your info

mr2mike
12-09-2021, 12:02 PM

Getting soft.
What happened to find GYMVMT's dad and fuck him??

nzwasp
12-09-2021, 12:07 PM
Lmao.
nzwasp I sub contract as a trainer at Trans Canada. If you go into any club you can take care of it instantly. If you want me to look into anything dm me your info

You mean to sort it out you have to go into a club, they dont have any phone number we can just call?

scboss
12-09-2021, 12:14 PM
You mean to sort it out you have to go into a club, they dont have any phone number we can just call?

You can call any club for more info but good chance you need to go in to sign the cancellation

bjstare
12-09-2021, 12:14 PM

I mean, I get she tried to cancel so she doesn't want the membership... but does she actually never set foot in the place? Of all the things to have to cancel in person, a gym membership has got to be the most convenient. Just do it after a workout one day.

nzwasp
12-09-2021, 12:26 PM
I mean, I get she tried to cancel so she doesn't want the membership... but does she actually never set foot in the place? Of all the things to have to cancel in person, a gym membership has got to be the most convenient. Just do it after a workout one day.

Hasnt used the membership since the pandemic began. It was on hold for 18 months or more, tried to cancel - still had credit - they wouldnt refund it - I guess they charged that in november and then resumed charging the credit card in december. We have a peloton at home no need for gymvmt.

Tik-Tok
12-09-2021, 12:27 PM
You can call any club for more info but good chance you need to go in to sign the cancellation

"Sorry, we can't cancel for you. You have to sent a typed letter by horse and buggy to cancel" -Every chain gym ever.

roopi
12-09-2021, 12:42 PM
Cancel credit card or put a stop payment with the bank.

scboss
12-09-2021, 12:44 PM
"Sorry, we can't cancel for you. You have to sent a typed letter by horse and buggy to cancel" -Every chain gym ever.

Lol that's literally what happened with gold's when I cancelled. Hand written letter mailed to US office.....

In this case though if you legit go in it's done and it's super easy.

scboss
12-09-2021, 12:48 PM
Cancel credit card or put a stop payment with the bank.

Also if you ever have any payment with a major company aka Rogers, Telus etc I would never do this. Collections = Bad credit

JRSC00LUDE
12-09-2021, 01:43 PM
Gyms are such greasy crooks, it's awesome.

TomcoPDR
12-09-2021, 10:59 PM
Gyms are such greasy crooks, it's awesome.

JRSC00LUDE
12-10-2021, 01:42 AM
That one guy looks so much like me I'm not sure if I should be offended or not at the moment

ExtraSlow
12-10-2021, 07:41 AM
That one guy looks so much like me I'm not sure if I should be offended or not at the moment

The other one looks like me.

Tik-Tok
12-10-2021, 07:43 AM
The guy across the street is my doppelganger.

bjstare
12-10-2021, 09:18 AM
There's a Golds Gym owner on here, would love to hear his side.

beecue
12-10-2021, 10:14 AM
Gold's is shady af. They even change payment providers once in a while to make it even harder to cancel.

I cancelled my membership following the correct procedures then I got charged again by new provider. I email the previous payment company they tell me to contact Golds. That shouldn't be my problem because when I submitted the request when they were in charge of it and they said they would cancel. It's such a headache.

suntan
12-10-2021, 10:30 AM
YMCA is basically the only honest gym around.

Tik-Tok
12-10-2021, 10:31 AM

I've heard it's fun to stay there.

ExtraSlow
12-10-2021, 11:09 AM
I've heard it's fun to stay there.

Yeah I've heard that.

killramos
12-10-2021, 11:17 AM
The other one looks like me.

ES Spotted

Swank
12-16-2021, 03:16 PM

I think post-secondary rec facilities are on the level too, problem is you're locked into one location.

suntan
12-16-2021, 03:23 PM
West Side Rec, Vecova, Repsol, city-owned are good too.

I can't use post-sec facilities, I look like a creep with all the young tail around.

XylathaneGTR
12-17-2021, 12:04 AM
I can't use post-sec facilities, I look like a creep with all the young tail around.

When I was still going to the UofC gym in the "before times", there were a few old dudes around...some probably faculty but whatever... don't leer like a creeper and you'll be fine.

killramos
12-17-2021, 08:47 AM
I think post-secondary rec facilities are on the level too, problem is you're locked into one location.

No need to be honest when you are compelled to join then

suntan
12-17-2021, 09:22 AM
When I was still going to the UofC gym in the "before times", there were a few old dudes around...some probably faculty but whatever... don't leer like a creeper and you'll be fine.

The restraining orders say otherwise :(