PDA

View Full Version : Wheel refinishing recommendation in Calgary?

doubtless
05-04-2020, 10:46 AM
Hey friends, looking for recommendations / who to avoid in Calgary for wheel refinishing circa 2020. There's some old posts referencing outfits that are out of business, but not a lot that I saw for what's current and who's good.

I've got some minor curb rashing on a buy from last summer I'd like to get cleaned up. The rims are a bit special to me, so someone with history and reputation for excellence would be great to find.

Thanks!

beyond_ban
05-04-2020, 11:11 AM
I had some work done by Calgary Rim Repair off Flint Road and i was really impressed with their craftsmanship. I think they are a little pricier than a company like Kwicksilver, but i would use them again.

dj_rice
05-04-2020, 11:22 AM
They're not in Calgary but I'd use The Wheel Clinic in Edmonton. They will come to Calgary and pick up your wheels. Rob and his team does wonders

Tik-Tok
05-04-2020, 12:05 PM
I had some work done by Calgary Rim Repair off Flint Road and i was really impressed with their craftsmanship. I think they are a little pricier than a company like Kwicksilver, but i would use them again.

Kwicksilver is going to unavailable for weeks to come. They're the ones fixing all the CLA250 Car2Go rims.

Doesn't UrbanX fix rims now too?

03ozwhip
05-04-2020, 01:20 PM
Kwicksilver is going to unavailable for weeks to come. They're the ones fixing all the CLA250 Car2Go rims.

Doesn't UrbanX fix rims now too?

I was going to say Joel at Kwicksilver, he's done countless wheels for me. Last time I stopped in at urban, Bob did mention that they're doing this as well.

bjstare
05-04-2020, 01:59 PM
Not curb rash, but Bob fixed a bend in one of my wheels a couple weeks ago and it's perfect. No vibrations whatsoever, even while driving way over the speed limit in Mexico.

K3RMiTdot
05-07-2020, 10:14 AM
Bob and Kenny at Urban X do wheel repair.