PDA

View Full Version : Ticket for no insurance, but have it now

Annabela67
03-31-2004, 10:28 AM
I got a ticket for not having insurance, but got it the following day. Do you think they'll still make me pay the ticket? I have no money at all, do they ever take your financials into consideration?

also, I got another ticket for turn on red; is there any way to fight that? I've resigned that I can't, so I'm going to traffic court (although I've already been in the past 6 months; do they keep a record of when you were last in traffic school; my friend said they didn't; it's our responsibility to remember?)

Any help would be very appreciated; I'm really worried right now; thank you..

Gonthro
03-31-2004, 10:33 AM
well, you drive an 02 accord?, i dont think they'll take your "finances" into consideration when you drive an almost brand new car.

but its always worth a try, worst they can do is say "no, pay up"

Annabela67
03-31-2004, 10:39 AM
Yeah, but it's not my car. It was purchased in my name and then left for me to pay the majority of payment. Long story; yeah, I know, cry me a river. Anyway, I don't know if I should just sell my car or what, but that's a different issue on it's own. Right now, I just don't have money to pay this ticket. I wonder if they do a payment plan. I use my car for work, so I don't know what to do..

Weapon_R
03-31-2004, 01:20 PM
LOL

You didn't have insurance. Then you got caught. Now you have it. Why am I not surprised?

They will do a payment plan for 1 year if you like. You can pay the $2800 in 12 equal installments.

If the judge sees a no insurance ticket and a red light ticket on your record, I hardly see him reducing either.

1badPT
03-31-2004, 01:25 PM
I think she's in California so who knows what it will cost there, but i think you're hooped unless they have something like Pointts down there - they might be ableto get it reduced but I doubt very much it will get waived altogether.

But yeah, if you need your car for work, why would you even think of taking the risk of driving it without insurance? This is the consequence of that action. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Skylinelover
06-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Isn't a ticket for not having insurance like 4 grand?