PDA

View Full Version : Shak, I found your new car

Pages : [1] 2

Buster
05-15-2020, 02:13 PM
shakalaka

Don't ask why I'm looking at autotrader again.

ugh.

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/aston%20martin/vanquish/calgary/alberta/5_45889768_20070507145926625?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&orup=7_8_8&pc=T2Z%201M4&sprx=-1

Chandler_Racing
05-15-2020, 02:29 PM
Hyundai Veloster, nice.

ShermanEF9
Some ideas are left better uncreated... and burned. Yikes.

eglove
1,000,000!?!?!?

ExtraSlow
05-15-2020, 02:34 PM
The longer the roof the better. This is a step in the right direction.

adam c
05-15-2020, 02:37 PM
ZR auto special edition

arcticcat522
05-15-2020, 02:45 PM
I'm in love with that big time!:love:

Masked Bandit
05-15-2020, 02:53 PM
:dunno:

I don't hate it?

Darell_n
05-15-2020, 02:59 PM
The speedometer doesn’t even approach 1/4 Mach. That’s lame.

dirtsniffer
05-15-2020, 03:03 PM
the seats with unevenly spaced ZzZzZ's are hilarious.

lilmira
05-15-2020, 03:03 PM
My sheet says you cant afford it in all 4 squares

Buster
05-15-2020, 03:04 PM
The longer the roof the better. This is a step in the right direction.

Ya.

Long live the long roof.

killramos
05-15-2020, 03:06 PM
I feel like that thing has been sitting at distinctive for years.

shakalaka
05-15-2020, 03:10 PM
Haha. I have pictures and videos of it on my phone from when I picked up my car. I don't know, I've never been a fan of wagon type cars but this one isn't too bad. Though at a mil, it's a hard pass. Also not sure why they went old school inside of the Zagato. The cluster is similar to my old Vantage. So many other cars I would buy first at that price point. They do have a McLaren 720S there that is literally calling out for you. $340K or something like that.

Buster
05-15-2020, 03:50 PM
I'm a bit nervous about whether McLaren is going to be around for long.

you&me
05-15-2020, 03:58 PM

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52659194

Regarding the Zagato, I believe they suckered, er, sold it to someone on the premise of flipping it for a profit over MSRP... That will not be happening. The Zagatos in general, and the shooting brakes in particular, are paperweights scattered in Aston showrooms throughout the US, generally in the range of 40% off MSRP. Now if it were a Roadster, there might be a chance... A coupe, maybe... But the SB? Nope.

2Legit2Quit
05-15-2020, 04:01 PM
I'll wait for the dealership to have a fire sale and get it on the cheap

ExtraSlow
05-15-2020, 04:30 PM
Inb4 "any exotic dealerships going bankrupt soon? " thread.

shakalaka
05-15-2020, 10:38 PM

Well that was a live risk with Aston Martin as well really. Until Lawrence Stroll swooped in with shit tons of money with a consortium of investors for a decent chunk of share of the company. To be honest though, I didn't think it would ever happen with the Aston that's why I didn't shy away from it. And I feel the same way about McLaren. Such an iconic British maker of supercars with rich history in motorsports etc, there is no way it would go bankrupt. There will be a big manufacturer out there or a rich dude like Stroll to keep it alive. TATA may even consider adding it to their folio to make up the British trilogy along with Jaguar and Range Rover. I wouldn't worry about that part if you love the car otherwise.

For Aston I love it even more considering we are going to have an Aston Martin F1 team. I am so excited and I know who I am gonna support. Too bad his idiot son is likely to be one of the drivers though. Anyway I digress. I wouldn't worry too much about that issue and stop myself from getting into a McLaren if it's what I otherwise desire.

Buster
05-15-2020, 11:00 PM
Aston is a company with decades and decades of history. McLaren is essentially an 8 year old company. I'm not banking on its survival. It really feels like Lotus V2.0

shakalaka
05-15-2020, 11:13 PM
Hmm that's an interesting point for sure. It would real sad if it went away. I hope it won't need it but someone will step up if it does.

Buster
05-15-2020, 11:50 PM
Hmm that's an interesting point for sure. It would real sad if it went away. I hope it won't need it but someone will step up if it does.

BMW would be the obvious choice but I'm not sure that halo car brands are something the big manufacturers are interested in any more.

I also think that the high end sports and supercar markets are moving towards being all electro pods.

ThePenIsMightier
05-16-2020, 07:21 AM
If that thing is $1MM then duh that it's not selling. Ferrari has been in that proper GT market for decades at half that price and they are still their rarest production cars. It's a tiny market. Both the FF and now the GTC-4-Lusso were/are somewhat shooting brake style and it nearly makes the news of you see one in real life.

bjstare
05-16-2020, 07:48 AM
I keep forgetting this isn’t a car forum anymore. Some of you guys need to google zagato. Granted 1mm is a lot, it’s not that outlandish for a car like that.

I’ve loved this car since it was announced. Do it shak.

you&me
05-16-2020, 08:21 AM
Aston is a company with decades and decades of history. McLaren is essentially an 8 year old company. I'm not banking on its survival. It really feels like Lotus V2.0

Ummmm... For someone thatÂ’s been contemplating purchasing one, you donÂ’t seem very familiar with the company, back story, history, etc... surely you know McLaren has been around a lot longer than 8 years, right? And while Lotus may not have always been the most financially stable company, theyÂ’ve trucked on... like the good scrappy Brit they are hahaha

killramos
05-16-2020, 08:28 AM
Ummmm... For someone thatÂ’s been contemplating purchasing one, you donÂ’t seem very familiar with the company, back story, history, etc... surely you know McLaren has been around a lot longer than 8 years, right? And while Lotus may not have always been the most financially stable company, theyÂ’ve trucked on... like the good scrappy Brit they are hahaha

McLaren the racing company yea. But McLaren the car company?

They make one car in the early 90’s (of which only a couple hundred are made, and they have to borrow someone else’s engine), lend their name to Mercedes for a car in the 2000’s, don’t actually make another car until 2011, and only really solidified their purpose as a manufacturer in 2015.

Buster isn’t really wrong, McLaren as a car company is wayyyyy younger than it seems. Which I would say matters if you want to buy one to own and drive rather than sit in a collection.

ExtraSlow
05-16-2020, 08:39 AM
Mclaren is younger than Tesla.

ThePenIsMightier
05-16-2020, 09:13 AM
Mclaren is younger than Tesla.

I don't know about that... Tesla has been around awhile. Back in the Columbia House days, they sent me Tesla - Bust A Nut as a monthly selection because I didn't send the piece of paper back to them in time. Hard to precisely pin down how long they've been around, but not hard to determine that they suck.

ExtraSlow
05-27-2020, 01:37 PM
So shakalaka lasted from Feb 3 to May 27th with his leased Lexus. Even the thrill of ricer red wheels couldn't save him from flipping. I guess at 16 weeks he exceeded expectations, lol.

Whatcha getting now? A raptor?

- - - Updated - - -
killramos, Chester, and Disoblige called it:

How many km did you put on the Lexus before you started hating it?

The IS is so boring though. I give you two months.

It's true. He will sell it after winter is over.

Guaranteed.

Disoblige
05-27-2020, 01:43 PM
Hahaha, nice.

eglove
05-27-2020, 02:05 PM
Lol 3 months

shakalaka
05-27-2020, 02:10 PM
So shakalaka lasted from Feb 3 to May 27th with his leased Lexus. Even the thrill of ricer red wheels couldn't save him from flipping. I guess at 16 weeks he exceeded expectations, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a done deal by any means. But the plan is for the Raptor. But it's contingent on the Lexus going out on my terms and not trade-in to the dealer as they always lowball. Honestly I am not bored of the Lexus at all and actually quite enjoy driving it. It's just that if I can get the Raptor for the deal I am working on then since I've wanted one for a long time, I am going to do it. PS: Still can't rep you...so freaking annoying. So many other ppl got repped simply so I could send some to you but it's still telling me to spread it around. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol 3 months

Damn been 3 months already? That's longer than I had my M2 for. lol

Chester
05-27-2020, 02:11 PM

- - - Updated - - -

lmao, not even surprised a little bit. Can't wait to see whats next.

ExtraSlow
05-27-2020, 02:40 PM
Raptor is a cool truck. Not sure how fun to drive they are, but I suppose we'll know by Christmas.

killramos
05-27-2020, 02:47 PM
Raptor is a cool truck. Not sure how fun to drive they are, but I suppose we'll know by Christmas.

Christmas lol, more like Christmas in July

I give it 15 minutes after the first time he tries to park it before it’s on Kijiji and he is shopping for a tesla

ExtraSlow
05-27-2020, 03:08 PM

I give it 15 minutes after the first time he tries to park it before it’s on Kijiji and he is shopping for a tesla

Pffft, it's only 15 inches wider than his Lexus.

killramos
05-27-2020, 03:13 PM
Pffft, it's only 15 inches wider than his Lexus.

I’ve always heard an extra 15 inches makes all the difference

88CRX
05-27-2020, 03:31 PM
Drove a Raptor and yes parking one sucks.

Good luck Shak.

shakalaka
05-27-2020, 03:56 PM

I can park just fine. So that won't be the issue if and when I decide to get rid of it. But like I said, it's not a done deal yet and all contingent on the Lexus going. I know you want something so maybe take that shit over? lol.

killramos
05-27-2020, 04:00 PM
I already have a boring Lexus lease lol

Darkane
05-27-2020, 05:32 PM
Raptor’s are killer.

The 3.5 HO is a good engine, and the seats up front are awesome.

Aleks
05-27-2020, 05:41 PM
Saw this on FB haha

blitz
05-27-2020, 08:23 PM
So shakalaka lasted from Feb 3 to May 27th with his leased Lexus. Even the thrill of ricer red wheels couldn't save him from flipping.

Those red rims are the worst thing I’ve ever seen.

shakalaka
05-27-2020, 09:13 PM
Fuck..the usual Kijiji bullshit has started...

"Hi, I can likely get approved to take over the lease and will try to come up with the transfer cost, but won't be able to do any cash back to you. Let me know if this works for you."

I so want to tell the prick to fuck off but then ultimately you just decide to ignore it and move on.

I hope someone here can man up and put me out of misery of having to deal with the Kijiji idiots.

benyl
05-27-2020, 09:25 PM
I can park just fine. So that won't be the issue if and when I decide to get rid of it.

Your ability to park has nothing to do with it. Unless Costco is the only place you park, get used to backing into every spot, that’s if the spot is wide enough. I like to walk anyway, but I always ended up at the far end of the parking lot because:

1. Easier to park
2. Fuckers can’t have their doors bash into my paint.
3. Easier to park.

It isn’t just narrow parking spots that are a hassle, narrow lane ways between the rows of cars will have you doing 5-6 point turns. Haha.

Don’t get me wrong, I miss my F150 and my Expedition Max. I just don’t miss parking them in parking lots.

killramos
05-27-2020, 09:28 PM
Your ability to park has nothing to do with it. Unless Costco is the only place you park, get used to backing into every spot, that’s if the spot is wide enough. I like to walk anyway, but I always ended up at the far end of the parking lot because:

1. Easier to park
3. Easier to park.

It isn’t just narrow parking spots that are a hassle, narrow lane ways between the rows of cars will have you doing 5-6 point turns. Haha.

Don’t get me wrong, I miss my F150 and my Expedition Max. I just don’t miss parking them in parking lots.

These are straight up facts. And it’s way fucking worse with a raptor than a normal truck.

shakalaka
05-27-2020, 09:28 PM

1. Easier to park
3. Easier to park.

I totally agree.

In general though I always park at the back with all my cars. I drove around a Escalade EXT quite a bit and also the new regular F150 and got used to backing it everywhere. Became second nature.

All that being said, the deal is by no means done so hopefully it doesn't get jinxed with all this. lol.

killramos
05-27-2020, 09:33 PM
4. Inches. Wider.

Spots literally aren’t wide enough.

adam c
05-27-2020, 09:42 PM

"Hi, I can likely get approved to take over the lease and will try to come up with the transfer cost, but won't be able to do any cash back to you. Let me know if this works for you."

I so want to tell the prick to fuck off but then ultimately you just decide to ignore it and move on.

I hope someone here can man up and put me out of misery of having to deal with the Kijiji idiots.

That's the norm for kijiji, you'll have many more and probably give up and go the dealer route

Aleks
05-27-2020, 10:50 PM

This is one of the reasons not to put money down on a lease. You will be lucky to have anyone offer you any money back to take over the IS unfortunately, especially now. Maybe 1 or 2 grand at most. Hope I am wrong, but looking on Lexus site they have 0.4% lease on the 2020s with $3k lease assist right now. $388 is a great payment for that car, but most people will be looking to straight up take over with nothing down.

Disoblige
05-27-2020, 11:10 PM
Shak gonna get rid of the Raptor quicker than the Lexus.

max_boost
05-28-2020, 01:12 AM
Most ppl don’t have cash sitting around lol you’re giving the average folk too much credit. Good luck Shak. I concur Aleks, 0 down baby. I have the same car 599/lease but 300 not 350, black not grey, stock wheels not red ones so it’s not the same. Although if I took your wheels I can try the Darth Maul look.

redblack
05-28-2020, 04:57 AM

I’m surprised you haven’t received any messages asking for you to pay the transfer fee AND a cash incentive to take over the lease.

If I was in the market for a newer car I would definitely jump on your deal.

spikerS
05-28-2020, 05:48 AM
This is one of the reasons not to put money down on a lease. You will be lucky to have anyone offer you any money back to take over the IS unfortunately, especially now. Maybe 1 or 2 grand at most. Hope I am wrong, but looking on Lexus site they have 0.4% lease on the 2020s with $3k lease assist right now. $388 is a great payment for that car, but most people will be looking to straight up take over with nothing down.

This.

at 0.4% I wouldn't put my money into it, and I would put that $7k (if I had it) into something else. It's a great payment, but I don't think you are going to get your $7k.

shakalaka
05-28-2020, 06:54 AM
You guys maybe right. I guess time will tell. If I am not completely satisfied, I am going to pass on this and keep the IS.

killramos
05-28-2020, 07:26 AM
I’m mostly struggling to understand why Shak put 17k down on a .4% lease. Nothing better to do with the money?

shakalaka
05-28-2020, 07:40 AM
So all of $17K wasn't cash down. A portion were the discounts I negotiated with the guy and a portion was positive equity from the Jeep I traded so instead of taking it out, I just left it in there. Basically, I could have bought the Lexus and gotten a $17K cheque but then payments would have been more regular ($700-$800) or just pre-pay the payments by leaving the equity in the deal for lower monthly payments. Putting cash down on a lease just means you're prepaying the payments that you would be paying otherwise on a monthly basis anyway, so not like you're 'losing' the money. .9% was mine, but still quite low. I thought about what I can do with $17K at that time and there really wasn't anywhere else productive that I could have used it for.

killramos
05-28-2020, 08:08 AM
A tangerine savings account earning more than .4% comes to mind lol

Got a mortgage? That would work too. Pretty much anything other than keeping the money under your mattress would beat the return on prepaying a .4% lease.

ThePenIsMightier
05-28-2020, 08:17 AM
So, just to clarify and sorry for being dumb about lease takeovers... You are looking for someone to just take over the next 36 payments, or, do that plus give you $7k?
Is it 36 or closer to 30 because you bought the car a few months ago?

shakalaka
05-28-2020, 08:34 AM
A tangerine savings account earning more than .4% comes to mind lol

Got a mortgage? That would work too. Pretty much anything other than keeping the money under your mattress would beat the return on prepaying a .4% lease.

Haha yea, or stocks like I already do. Let's just say that my portfolio was doing fine so I didn't care too much about this part. My interest rate is .9% not .4% but of course equally as good.

So, just to clarify and sorry for being dumb about lease takeovers... You are looking for someone to just take over the next 36 payments, or, do that plus give you $7k?
Is it 36 or closer to 30 because you bought the car a few months ago?

Yes, exactly. I have had it 3 months so 33 months remaining.

I've gotten a few messages about mileage being only 12K a year and the only reason I did that was because my guy told me because Lexus hold their value so well that typically on lease return the dealer ends up wanting to purchase the car (especially if trading in etc, but even so if not) instead of sending it back to Lexus so they typically don't care about some overage. Of course can't be 40K over or anything crazy. Also, if I do keep it till end of term, I will sell it privately as there is $10K margin (if you search 3 year old IS350 right now vs the buyout on mine) and take further equity out of it. Would be silly to not do that since they hold their value well and are in demand typically.

rx7boi
05-28-2020, 09:27 AM
Have you put the deal up on Leasebusters by chance?

ExtraSlow
05-28-2020, 09:31 AM
Yeah, average car buyers don't understand leases. Leasbuters audience may be marginally better informed about how great a deal this is.

Alternatively. youi could get a trusted beyond member to store it for you until the lease is over. I'll do it for free, and I'll make sure it's driven regularly too so the battery doesn't go flat. Then you can get all that sweet equity at lease end. I'm such a good guy.

npham
05-28-2020, 10:10 AM
The Raptor is a bad idea. Just remember how you thought you would love the Jeep more, and the truck isn't going to be much better than the Jeep. Sure it will be fun in a straight line, but for DD'ing around down, it's only good for all those pot holes in Edmonton (Calgary isn't much better).

Aleks
05-28-2020, 10:10 AM
Here are my thoughts having done leasing a ton, and this is advice for next time since you seems to go through cars more than anyone on this site.

I would have taken the $17,000 and kept it, or whatever they offered you on trade since you say a part of that is discount on the IS350. I would only ever set up a bi-weekly payment, just because people think paycheck to paycheck and that number looks way smaller.
So say you ended up with a $700 per month all in lease. Set it up as $323 bi-weekly instead. Now it is 3 months later and you want out. Post it up on kijiji as $323 all in AND say you will offer someone something like $3,000 to take it over. I would guess that if you went as high as $5,000 someone would take it as people love getting paid to drive a new car like this. This isnt guaranteed to work every time, but it is better IMO than asking someone to give you 7 grand regardless of how low the payment is.

In my scenario you would be out 3-5 grand whereas in yours, you will now be out much more than that unless you just keep it.

Team_Mclaren
05-28-2020, 10:17 AM
He traded in his Jeep tho which has GST rebate if he uses the equity from it towards the lease, so i see the reasoning for leaving the 17k equity in the lease.

Either way, I'd jump on that too if it's a straight takeover. @ 12k/year with 17k down, i dont think that's a great deal compares to what you can get right now walking into a dealer.

Buster
05-28-2020, 10:27 AM
I'm thinking of taking Shak's lease* just because I don't want the flipping to get bogged down.

*I'm not really considering it.

shakalaka
05-28-2020, 10:35 AM
Some solid advise in here and I agree with a lot of it. At the time my plan was to keep the Lexus for the entire term LOL. So I figured just leave the equity in the deal, it's fine and in the end when I sell I will take out a lot of it due to the margin in the buyout and market rate. I guess I gotta stop kidding myself. But on a serious note, I am not so married to the idea of the Raptor that I will just throw the Lexus away. I will try this and if it works great, if it doesn't I do enjoy the Lexus in it's own way. It's a good mix with my other cars.

For Leasebusters, I have never had good luck on it and you have to pay to list. I just don't want to feel that desperate and that's why I don't want to throw it on there. The lowest I am thinking is I want at least $5K to me and I think that's a great deal to the next person and something that can't be had at a dealer.

ganesh
05-28-2020, 11:13 AM
This.

at 0.4% I wouldn't put my money into it, and I would put that $7k (if I had it) into something else. It's a great payment, but I don't think you are going to get your $7k.

Didn't realize that it is at 0.4. I may take a look at this because pretty soon we will be down to one vehicle and not knowing what is happening with mine this is tempting.

shakalaka
05-28-2020, 11:20 AM
Didn't realize that it is at 0.4. I may take a look at this because pretty soon we will be down to one vehicle and not knowing what is happening with mine this is tempting.

Wtf...is .4 THAT much better than .9? lol

I believe on IS300 not IS350? Not sure.

PS: That is only on brand new vehicles (2020) so they are priced much higher than 2019's to begin with for the exact same thing.

ganesh
05-28-2020, 11:35 AM
Wtf...is .4 THAT much better than .9? lol

PS: That is only on brand new vehicles (2020) so they are priced much higher than 2019's to begin with for the exact same thing.

Yeah. You are correct. It is not on 350.

shakalaka
05-28-2020, 11:38 AM
Yeah. You are correct. It is not on 350.

Well do the right thing buddy and takeover mine. lol.

Or Buster should remove that * and actually consider it. It's freakin chump change for you. Look around in your pockets and under car seat, might just find the entire amount there. lol

ganesh
05-28-2020, 11:41 AM
Well do the right thing buddy and takeover mine. lol.

I am not set on anything yet. It will be primarily for my wife until I get mine.
If anything changes I will ping you if yours is available. Having said that the amount you are asking back will be a non starter for me.

shakalaka
05-28-2020, 11:57 AM
I am not set on anything yet. It will be primarily for my wife until I get mine.
If anything changes I will ping you if yours is available. Having said that the amount you are asking back will be a non starter for me.

Unfortunately without the down you wouldn't get to the payments I am at. But I can tell you that the wife would love the IS350 with some beauty matte Red wheels.

beyond_ban
05-28-2020, 11:59 AM
Unfortunately without the down you wouldn't get to the payments I am at. But I can tell you that the wife would love the IS350 with some beauty matte Red wheels.

:rofl: are you sure you dont work at a used car lot?

shakalaka
05-28-2020, 12:02 PM
:rofl: are you sure you dont work at a used car lot?

Haha my biggest regret in life is not going into an industry that had something to do with cars. I feel I would have been very successful and content if I had. lol.

Aleks
05-28-2020, 12:06 PM
When I build one on the Lexus site it shows 0.4% on the 2020 IS350 F series 2 for 36 months. Putting in $14,000 as down payment and 12k kms per year, the monthly lease payment comes out to $333 per month. Lexus has a $3,000 assist on it now.

Try asking for interesting trades in exchange for that 7 grand and see what the kijiji crowd offers up haha. Maybe another car worth around that amount and then sell that yourself and live out your dream of being in the car business!

shakalaka
05-28-2020, 12:12 PM
When I build one on the Lexus site it shows 0.4% on the 2020 IS350 F series 2 for 36 months. Putting in $14,000 as down payment and 12k kms per year, the monthly lease payment comes out to $333 per month. Lexus has a $3,000 assist on it now.

Try asking for interesting trades in exchange for that 7 grand and see what the kijiji crowd offers up haha.

So if putting only $7K down on a next to new same car gets you at $385 a month, I would think that would be a good deal? And if someone is super serious I may even slightly move on the $7K, but the point is to me this screams as a good deal but apparently not to others. lol. And I mean you gotta factor in the 3M costs, tire protection plan, 2 included services...and of course the red wheels! :eek:

My damn PM's should be blowing up right now and not the few here and there slow ones. lol.

austic
05-28-2020, 12:55 PM
So if putting only $7K down on a next to new same car gets you at $385 a month, I would think that would be a good deal? And if someone is super serious I may even slightly move on the $7K, but the point is to me this screams as a good deal but apparently not to others. lol. And I mean you gotta factor in the 3M costs, tire protection plan, 2 included services...and of course the red wheels! :eek:

My damn PM's should be blowing up right now and not the few here and there slow ones. lol.

I agree with the others I think pre economic crash you could have got 5k now I bet you can get 2k but might take a while to find the right buyer.

Team_Mclaren
05-28-2020, 02:51 PM

EXACTLY, all things equal it's a better deal to just walk into a dealer with that kind of cash down than taking over your lease. Not only it's cheaper, it's also brand new. $333 is also selling @ MSRP, you can easily get that down to 250/month with 14k down (say 3k off?) .

shakalaka
05-28-2020, 06:39 PM

shakalaka
05-28-2020, 06:46 PM
EXACTLY, all things equal it's a better deal to just walk into a dealer with that kind of cash down than taking over your lease. Not only it's cheaper, it's also brand new. $333 is also selling @ MSRP, you can easily get that down to 250/month with 14k down (say 3k off?) .

^ I don't understand how that makes sense? First, my dealer is telling me that they are not doing any discounts on 2020 at all. But regardless of that, with $14K down you're getting the vehicle for $333. But with half of that down, your payments only go up $50. Sure it's a new car, but other than 3-4K km's there's virtually no difference. Plus you get all the extras I am including. Tire protection costs $$. 2 services cost $$. Wheels cost $$. 3M cost $$.

You walk into the dealer with $7K cash (which is what I am asking) and your payments are going to be well over $500 (just ran the equation without any of the extras I've got and it's $538.52 per month). You misunderstand Aleks, he's saying putting $14K down plus $3K is being offered as an incentive = $17K and THEN the payments come to $333 a month.

Where as, with only $7K (negotiable) down, you're at $385 without any of the extras even. I fail to see how that is a better deal other than the fact that it's a 2020 version which has absolutely no difference.

EDIT: So I just ran the build with the actual details on EVERYTHING on a 2019 model that is also available on Lexus.ca. After adding all the options I've got on mine (minus the wheels and 2 included services) for 3 years and 12K km's, $5K incentive offered by dealer, 0% interest that they now apparently have on 2019's AND $7K down, the payments are $575.98 a month. So if someone gets exactly that at $385 a month, that's not a good deal?

Like damn...people have massive expectations these days.

killramos
05-28-2020, 06:54 PM
Sure it's a new car, but other than 3-4K km's there's virtually no difference.

Are we talking to the same guy who needs a new car every 3 months?

shakalaka
05-28-2020, 06:58 PM
:dunno:

ExtraSlow
05-28-2020, 07:14 PM
I'm always impressed when people trying to sell a car insist that the market must be wrong.

redblack
05-28-2020, 07:17 PM
I still think that this is a good deal for the right person. People are really not buying anything right now though unless it’s a screaming hot deal hence the $0 offers to take over the lease. I was actually seeing what I could get for my car and jumping on your deal but I don’t think I would get what I want for it at the moment.

It all comes down to how bad you want to change vehicles, what did ford offer you for a trade in?

ThePenIsMightier
05-28-2020, 07:35 PM

It all comes down to how bad you want to change vehicles, what did ford offer you for a trade in?

It's a leased Lexus. How could he trade that in?

Aleks
05-28-2020, 07:53 PM
It's a leased Lexus. How could he trade that in?

Same way as a financed car.

Aleks
05-28-2020, 08:03 PM
EDIT: So I just ran the build with the actual details on EVERYTHING on a 2019 model that is also available on Lexus.ca. After adding all the options I've got on mine (minus the wheels and 2 included services) for 3 years and 12K km's, $5K incentive offered by dealer, 0% interest that they now apparently have on 2019's AND $7K down, the payments are $575.98 a month. So if someone gets exactly that at $385 a month, that's not a good deal?

It is a decent deal by just looking at numbers. However, for it to be a decent deal, someone would have to keep it for 20 months to get back on par vs simply going to dealer and keeping that 7 grand in their pocket. Say you did 0 down and got $750 per month lease vs your $388 and 7k down. I think that is where the struggle is.

max_boost
05-28-2020, 08:29 PM

Time will tell if you are right or not. Good luck with sale.

shakalaka
05-28-2020, 09:10 PM
If someone was in the market...they are getting a vehicle for the monthly cost with $7K down that they normally would have to put $17K down for.

Blows my fucking mind. Anyway, yea the timing of course isn't right with the economy and all. We are getting a little hot on Kijiji side though, still far from what I am asking but we are getting better than no cash offers. Like I said, I am not desperate so I don't give a shit if I have to keep it.

I haven't gotten a trade-in value from the dealer yet, I know they always fuck you over so that would be my absolute last option. But truly can't be worse than 'I will take over the lease, without any cash down.' lol.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a decent deal by just looking at numbers. However, for it to be a decent deal, someone would have to keep it for 20 months to get back on par vs simply going to dealer and keeping that 7 grand in their pocket. Say you did 0 down and got $750 per month lease vs your $388 and 7k down. I think that is where the struggle is.

I hope not everyone has the same issue as me of wanting to switch cars quickly and can keep the car for the entire term. Which if they do, at the end of it, they'd be $10K approx ahead when the vehicle would be worth more than the residual.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm always impressed when people trying to sell a car insist that the market must be wrong.

You gotta elaborate bro. Tell me how I am insisting on something that's wrong. It's the freaking MATH! lol

arcticcat522
05-28-2020, 09:22 PM
Can this be thought of as taking the 7000 he wants, divided by how long is remaining on the lease to see what the "0 down" cost would be? So in reality this is costing someone 612$ ~per month

benyl
05-28-2020, 09:25 PM
The residual is way better on a 2020.

Your $17K deposit is only worth $11K on a 2020. Gets the payment to $339 over 36 month at 12,000 KMs.

$7K on a 2020 gets you to a $450 ish payment. That’s all at MSRP. If you can get $3K off a 2020, suddenly, $7K gets you a newer model year for the same payment.

shakalaka
05-28-2020, 09:34 PM
The residual is way better on a 2020.

Your $17K deposit is only worth $11K on a 2020. Gets the payment to $339 over 36 month at 12,000 KMs.

$7K on a 2020 gets you to a $450 ish payment. That’s all at MSRP. If you can get $3K off a 2020, suddenly, $7K gets you a newer model year for the same payment.

I must be going crazy here...

$7K on the exact same car with same options being 2020 and WITH $3K incentive added in (so essentially $10K), the payment is showing up $570.44. Not sure where $450 ish is coming from? That includes the 3K off already...and they aren't discounting 2020's anymore, at least based on what the dealer told me.

With $11K down on 2020, it's showing $453.10 not $339? Also $3K automatically included in.

ExtraSlow
05-28-2020, 09:34 PM
You gotta elaborate bro. Tell me how I am insisting on something that's wrong. It's the freaking MATH! lol
Ya know I love ya, and I love your cars, but the demographic for people who a) have $7k cash laying around, b) want to sign into a lease c) care at all aboutnthe "extras" and d) want a used Lexus sounds vanishingly small.

It may be a good deal, but it's a difficult and complicated deal, and frankly beyond the math skills of most people to even evaluate.

I hope you get a buyer, because I love what you'll buy next, but it's not a slam dunk.

redblack
05-28-2020, 09:38 PM
I must be going crazy here...

$7K on the exact same car with same options being 2020 and WITH $3K incentive added in (so essentially $10K), the payment is showing up $570.44. Not sure where $450 ish is coming from? That includes the 3K off already...and they aren't discounting 2020's anymore, at least based on what the dealer told me.

I think it’s supposed to be like this
3k incentive
7k cash down
3k kickass negotiations skills

= $450/month

benyl
05-28-2020, 09:42 PM
I put $11K in the deposit box and get this:

shakalaka
05-28-2020, 09:44 PM
Can this be thought of as taking the 7000 he wants, divided by how long is remaining on the lease to see what the "0 down" cost would be? So in reality this is costing someone 612$ ~per month

Let me try this again.

The payments I've got were ONLY achieved because there was $17K equity in the vehicle. I am willing to let someone have the same payments with $7K only (instead of $17K). So someone would be getting the payments with $7K down, which otherwise they would have to put $17K down on.

And now with the incentives $14K as Lexus is offering $3K.

At the end of the term, the vehicle will be in $10K positive equity position which can also be made. So, you enjoy the vehicle for the payments as if you paid $17K for it, by only paying $7K and in the end if it's sold for what the market is showing, i.e., $10K more than the residual value, then your 'downpayment' actually ends up being $3K back to you. Your original $7K is returned to you and you get $3K on top! And you had a vehicle for the entire term at payments that were setup with $17K down.

shakalaka
05-28-2020, 09:49 PM
I put $11K in the deposit box and get this:

Let's compare Apples to Apples. You must not have the 'include taxes, PDI' box checked in and also didn't include the options that the vehicle has: 3M, tire protection....here's where it's at with $11K down.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya know I love ya, and I love your cars, but the demographic for people who a) have $7k cash laying around, b) want to sign into a lease c) care at all aboutnthe "extras" and d) want a used Lexus sounds vanishingly small.

It may be a good deal, but it's a difficult and complicated deal, and frankly beyond the math skills of most people to even evaluate.

I hope you get a buyer, because I love what you'll buy next, but it's not a slam dunk.

Haha yea that's fair bro. To me it feels like a no brainer but of course everyone has their own thought process. Well it is what it is, we shall see I suppose.

Darkane
05-28-2020, 10:39 PM
I don’t have much to add other than I’m learning quite a bit about leasing here.

Never leased, always hard cash incentives.

Hmm. Still don’t think leasing is for me, can’t quite see the benefit.

Please, carry on

Disoblige
05-28-2020, 10:46 PM
In the end, no one wants to put $7k down on a lease.
That is the main issue here. I know I wouldn't.