PDA

View Full Version : Ford purchase - Close that deal certificate - how to get?

Darkane
05-15-2020, 03:33 PM
Afternoon beyond,

Does anyone have a solid lead on how or where to get this certificate? It’s worth $750 on a purchase of a vehicle (F-150 specifically).

I ‘think’ it works the same as private cash offers some folks in the USA receive. Those work by signing up for information or updates on fords site and they email you additional offers based on geography and sales in that area. They can range up to $3000!

We’re not as lucky here, but I’d love to know how to secure one by tomorrow if possible. Anyone know what I’m talking about??

Thanks beyond.

ExtraSlow
05-15-2020, 04:26 PM
No, but I'd be interested in info. Signing up for emails and brochures to be mailed on the website seems to work in the USA. Hasn't worked for me here.
The PCO offer is a great perk of you can get it.

benyl
05-15-2020, 04:28 PM
You have to go to a car show.

Darkane
05-15-2020, 04:42 PM
You have to go to a car show.

That’s a separate voucher.

It’s also worth $750 however. They can be stacked.

NoSup4U
05-15-2020, 04:55 PM
Afternoon beyond,

Does anyone have a solid lead on how or where to get this certificate? It’s worth $750 on a purchase of a vehicle (F-150 specifically).

I ‘think’ it works the same as private cash offers some folks in the USA receive. Those work by signing up for information or updates on fords site and they email you additional offers based on geography and sales in that area. They can range up to $3000!

We’re not as lucky here, but I’d love to know how to secure one by tomorrow if possible. Anyone know what I’m talking about??

Thanks beyond.

Received the private cash voucher a few days ago via email from Ford Canada. Believe i'm on the list from a few years ago when I was going to buy an F150 but backed out last minute.

States only usable in my household, but still welcome to try.

Darkane
05-15-2020, 05:23 PM
Received the private cash voucher a few days ago via email from Ford Canada. Believe i'm on the list from a few years ago when I was going to buy an F150 but backed out last minute.

States only usable in my household, but still welcome to try.

That’s the one! Yeah it’s house hold only, thank you for the offer.

What does it look like? If it doesn’t have personal info could you share a pic? I’d appreciate it and some members would be interested I’m sure.

Cheers

NoSup4U
05-15-2020, 05:38 PM
That’s the one! Yeah it’s house hold only, thank you for the offer.

What does it look like? If it doesn’t have personal info could you share a pic? I’d appreciate it and some members would be interested I’m sure.

Cheers

No prob.

Darkane
05-15-2020, 05:51 PM
No prob.

Thank you.

I wonder how one can get it at will.

That’s exactly what the us version looks like too, and they’re getting up to 3k right now.

Gotta separate the folks from their trump bucks.

Sorath
05-15-2020, 06:09 PM
IIRC ford mails it to people who have bought fords in the past. It is lottery based. not everyone has it. But any ford dealer can pull it up if you qualify

spikerS
05-15-2020, 06:36 PM
I used the one nosoup4u posted when I bought my 2019. I got it from going to the Calgary autoshow in 2018.

*edit* sorry, not the exact same one, but same amount

Darkane
05-15-2020, 06:51 PM
I used the one nosoup4u posted when I bought my 2019. I got it from going to the Calgary autoshow in 2018.

*edit* sorry, not the exact same one, but same amount

Yeah man for sure.

It would have been ideal to double dip and knock off another $1500.

Hopefully I find something in my email tomorrow. I’ve boughten two fords in the last 4 years.

Aleks
05-15-2020, 09:18 PM
Got a $1500 one. Ford dropped lease rates to 0% on the F150 it looks like but the incentive went way down as well from last month.

https://i.imgur.com/EnMpwCj.jpg

shakalaka
05-15-2020, 10:54 PM
Hmm interesting. I never though this would be so hotly wanted by people that they would make them specific to households only. I mean who upon getting a discount coupon of that amount from something that is $50K+ decides to jump on the offer if they weren't otherwise planning to? lol.

I am surprised they make it household specific.

brucebanner
05-16-2020, 08:27 AM
Talked with a buddy that's a sales guy. Says you could call the dealer you're dealing with and ask if there's any on your file from being a previous customer.

Darkane
05-16-2020, 08:41 AM
Talked with a buddy that's a sales guy. Says you could call the dealer you're dealing with and ask if there's any on your file from being a previous customer.

Yeah, I’ll be doing that too. That’s my best bet.

Aleks, that’s a strong private cash offer. Highest I’ve seen for Canada so far.

If you went to the auto show, those would be compounded to $2,250.

The incentives just changed on the 19s and 20s mid month, but with the extra $2,250 you would be $15,500 off of an XLT without even dipping into the trucks cost.

You could theoretically get a 2019 S-crew 4x4 302A 3.5L sport for 40k.

If you could claw some holdback out as well, you’re under 40 for a 62k truck. I’m salivating hahaha.

Edit: nevermind, says in a 2020 f-150. Still stack with 0%.

Darkane
05-16-2020, 08:45 AM
Hmm interesting. I never though this would be so hotly wanted by people that they would make them specific to households only. I mean who upon getting a discount coupon of that amount from something that is $50K+ decides to jump on the offer if they weren't otherwise planning to? lol.

Lots of people on the fence brother. Especially during uncertain times, that’s when ford is trying to get some sales.

Rocket1k78
05-19-2020, 10:57 AM
At Cam clark they do referrals and they pay something like 700. I can give you my contact info and you can keep the whole referral fee

I gotta agree and i know times are tough but $750 on that big of a purchase is not enough to get me to go out and buy a new vehicle.

Darkane
05-19-2020, 11:21 AM
At Cam clark they do referrals and they pay something like 700. I can give you my contact info and you can keep the whole referral fee

I gotta agree and i know times are tough but $750 on that big of a purchase is not enough to get me to go out and buy a new vehicle.

Thanks for the offer, I worked with Sherwood ford and was quite happy with the outcome.
shakalaka

They come in bigger amounts, Aleks shared a $1500 voucher earlier.

In some states 3k is being handed out. So that’s on top of all other Incentives.

shakalaka
05-19-2020, 11:32 AM
Yea I can definitely see the incentive if you're already in the market. No doubt about that. But to essentially get someone looking into something just cause of the deal, it would need to be a much bigger incentive.

ExtraSlow
05-19-2020, 11:55 AM
There's a pretty big part of the population that buys new pickups trucks every two to five years and are basically always window shopping. These are for those people.

Ford sells ~1 million F150's per year.

Rocket1k78
05-19-2020, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the offer, I worked with Sherwood ford and was quite happy with the outcome.
shakalaka

Congrats! What did you get?
I almost bought from Sherwood too because they had the best price, not one guy in calgary would come close but thankfully a friend told me to try cam clark.

Thanks for the rep!

riander5
05-19-2020, 04:30 PM
I hope whatever you got, it was in that sick new abyss grey

Darkane
05-19-2020, 09:42 PM
I hope whatever you got, it was in that sick new abyss grey

Louder. Velocity blue sport package with the dark Silver 20” wheels.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! What did you get?
I almost bought from Sherwood too because they had the best price, not one guy in calgary would come close but thankfully a friend told me to try cam clark.

Thanks for the rep!

2020 XLT screw 5.5’ 302A 2.7L 3.55.

Mpg special with a couple options. On lot stock that they played ball with me. Best price and trade.

shakalaka
05-20-2020, 07:11 AM
Sherwood was definitely the best dealer I found a few months ago when I was looking for a F150 for my FIL. We ended up buying from there as no other dealer including Cam Clark could touch the deal. Lately, I've been seeing 2019 Raptor's at under $70K which is insane. Sure just the 801 package but that's still pretty nuts. Although at Freedom Ford.

Darkane
05-20-2020, 08:57 AM
Sherwood was definitely the best dealer I found a few months ago when I was looking for a F150 for my FIL. We ended up buying from there as no other dealer including Cam Clark could touch the deal. Lately, I've been seeing 2019 Raptor's at under $70K which is insane. Sure just the 801 package but that's still pretty nuts. Although at Freedom Ford.

Dammit. I wish I’d know I would have kicked the referral back to you.

Edit: if anyone is in the market for a 2020 F-150, I’d suggest buying sooner than later.

Once on dealer stock is gone, the remaining 2020s will slowly trickle in and won’t build inventory. The Dearborn and Kansas truck plants are just now getting back to idle, and with our dollar trash and the new refresh 2021 truck coming in 4 months, I can see prices increasing by at least 3-5k for the cdn market. Ford never was nice to Canadians like Honda or GM.

If anyone needs a referral for Advantage, Jubilee, or Sherwood ford - hit me up.

shakalaka
05-20-2020, 09:17 AM
Dammit. I wish I’d know I would have kicked the referral back to you.

Edit: if anyone is in the market for a 2020 F-150, I’d suggest buying sooner than later.

Once on dealer stock is gone, the remaining 2020s will slowly trickle in and won’t build inventory. The Dearborn and Kansas truck plants are just now getting back to idle, and with our dollar trash and the new refresh 2021 truck coming in 4 months, I can see prices increasing by at least 3-5k for the cdn market. Ford never was nice to Canadians like Honda or GM.

If anyone needs a referral for Advantage, Jubilee, or Sherwood ford - hit me up.

This was in late December or January. Don't think it was available then. What's done is done. I've been getting really tempted by looking at Raptors at under $70K but trying to avoid talking to any dealer about it. We all know how that goes. lol.

black300
05-20-2020, 10:11 AM
Darkane,

What was the price point if you don't mind me asking? Did you lease or finance? I have a 2017 F-150 Lariat that is due at the end of its term right now. I do want to keep the truck but if 0% makes sense on a newer one I think that is ideal.

Darkane
05-20-2020, 10:41 AM
Darkane,

What was the price point if you don't mind me asking? Did you lease or finance? I have a 2017 F-150 Lariat that is due at the end of its term right now. I do want to keep the truck but if 0% makes sense on a newer one I think that is ideal.

I purchased outright with a trade.

I was lucky with my timing as they had extra cash incentives on the 2020 when I signed. The next Monday after I signed, the one cash delivery incentive went away and 2020 qualified for 0%.

All totalled up, MSRP was $58,219, and my price including all incentives, cash negotiated off invoice I arrived at $44,528.44 OTD.

That included spray Bedliner and mudflaps.

It was just a HAIR under invoice + all incentives. But it wasn’t on the lot long and they were happy to keep almost 100% of the holdback. They probably made $200 off the floor mats too ($399 retail included in price).

So yeah, good deal considering our dollar at the time. This truck will be 10 grand more expensive to buy in a 2021 version, guaranteed.

Will mention though, the trade was fair too. They’ll likely make 1500-2000 on it.

Rocket1k78
05-20-2020, 12:12 PM
21's are gonna be going for full msrp i bet so yeah if anyones looking for a deal nows the time.
Get that front bumper PPF'd the day you take delivery if possible. F150's with the painted bumpers are the worst thing in the world when it comes to chipping

I've been getting really tempted by looking at Raptors at under $70K but trying to avoid talking to any dealer about it. We all know how that goes. lol.
I want a raptor pretty bad too and seeing them at those prices is so tempting

Darkane
05-20-2020, 12:33 PM
21's are gonna be going for full msrp i bet so yeah if anyones looking for a deal nows the time.
Get that front bumper PPF'd the day you take delivery if possible. F150's with the painted bumpers are the worst thing in the world when it comes to chipping

I want a raptor pretty bad too and seeing them at those prices is so tempting

Thanks for the advice. I have some xpel on the truck, and I understand what you mean.

ExtraSlow
07-03-2020, 07:25 PM
Well, my endless internet trolling of the Ford.ca website has paid off. I got my $750 private cash offer by email today. Actually think 2020 may be the year I buy a brand new truck. It would be my first ever if it happens, and the first vehicle that was "for me". Need the next two months to come together work-wise though.

I am terminally cheap.

Darkane
07-03-2020, 07:34 PM
Well, my endless internet trolling of the Ford.ca website has paid off. I got my $750 private cash offer by email today. Actually think 2020 may be the year I buy a brand new truck. It would be my first ever if it happens, and the first vehicle that was "for me". Need the next two months to come together work-wise though.

I am terminally cheap.

Awesome!

Any specific trolling that you think might have tipped the scales? How many builds have you made?

ExtraSlow
07-03-2020, 07:41 PM
Signed up for "updates" by creating a user account. Did only maybe 10 builds inside that. But I make like 10 build s a week, basically all year. So, several hundred in 2020.

Tik-Tok
07-03-2020, 08:28 PM
Signed up for "updates" by creating a user account. Did only maybe 10 builds inside that. But I make like 10 build s a week, basically all year. So, several hundred in 2020.

Did you also build some other manufacturers? I wonder if their cookies track the competition site usage to try and sway you.

ExtraSlow
07-03-2020, 08:52 PM
I realized that estimate is probaly high. Maybe not "several hundred" of builds this year so far. Yes I build GMC sometimes too. Not Ram. Never Ram. I also build explorers, expeditions, and super duty trucks from time to time, a few dozen anyway.

I don't know what kind of pixie dust they use, but make an account and sign up for emails at the very least. Can't hurt.

spikerS
07-03-2020, 08:54 PM
I got one today too. But I am holding off until 2022, and will probably be a hybrid F150.

Darkane
07-03-2020, 09:07 PM
I got one today too. But I am holding off until 2022, and will probably be a hybrid F150.

Was it $750 also??

I haven’t gotten one, although it doesn’t matter now. However I still go on the site often and have signed up.

ExtraSlow
07-03-2020, 09:08 PM
Hah, my family may buy a hybrid, or a phev, but it's not going to be a truck. It'll be a wagon for my wife or something.

Darkane
01-09-2021, 02:17 PM
Want to revisit this. Anyone get any private offers recently?

I’m looking for synergies in the Lariat lease deal. Could be a once in a decade type deal here, especially with a private cash offer added in.

I’m going to try a few things to trigger one, I’ll report back on my success or failure haha.

Darkane
01-12-2021, 11:24 AM
Update, a couple more irons in the fire.

So far I have:

1) signed up Ford.ca so my builds are tracked
2) downloaded and commissioned the Ford Pass APP (people have gotten PCOs in their messages here)
3) built vehicles out of the Pass app to track
4) called and spoke to a Ford America marketing rep today. There is some info online that calling and asking for a brochure led to a PCO generated.

Note about Ford marketing, the person helping me was perhaps a little surprised I called from Canada. However i think it “took” and I’m in the system via that pathway.

Will report if anything comes about. Other than this, I won’t be doing anything more other than a couple builds on the site.

spikerS
01-12-2021, 12:30 PM
Want to revisit this. Anyone get any private offers recently?

I’m looking for synergies in the Lariat lease deal. Could be a once in a decade type deal here, especially with a private cash offer added in.

I’m going to try a few things to trigger one, I’ll report back on my success or failure haha.

I am getting the offers pretty much weekly to my email, or at least twice a month it seems, and have been for the past 6-ish months for both my Focus and F150. Most of the time they are for $750 but occasionally they have gone up to $1000. I should be due for another one any time really...

Darkane
01-12-2021, 01:34 PM
I am getting the offers pretty much weekly to my email, or at least twice a month it seems, and have been for the past 6-ish months for both my Focus and F150. Most of the time they are for $750 but occasionally they have gone up to $1000. I should be due for another one any time really...

Master! Teach me!

I’m trying here. Haha

spikerS
01-12-2021, 02:12 PM
Master! Teach me!

I’m trying here. Haha

I would, but I honestly have NFC what I did lol. If they are transferrable, you are welcome to take em.

*edit* ok, I was wrong. I am getting most of these emails from Woodridge Ford, not from Ford Canada so I am not getting these as often as I thought, but I am getting them from Ford Canada about every second to third month.

Darkane
01-12-2021, 02:17 PM
I would, but I honestly have NFC what I did lol. If they are transferrable, you are welcome to take em.

*edit* ok, I was wrong. I am getting most of these emails from Woodridge Ford, not from Ford Canada so I am not getting these as often as I thought, but I am getting them from Ford Canada about every second to third month.

I see. From what I understand they aren’t transferable and locked in name and address.

Thanks though.

ExtraSlow
01-12-2021, 02:19 PM
They are locked to an individual. Once you get one, you often get reminded about it a few times, so you end up with lots of emails for each one. I've only ever had one, and they haven't sent any more since I used it.

Darkane
01-12-2021, 02:33 PM
They are locked to an individual. Once you get one, you often get reminded about it a few times, so you end up with lots of emails for each one. I've only ever had one, and they haven't sent any more since I used it.

Agree.

These are fairly rare.

benyl
01-12-2021, 04:33 PM
I don’t know if certificates are transferable, but I have one for $750 that just dropped in my email.

brucebanner
01-12-2021, 04:37 PM
US website :dunno:

https://www.fordspecialoffer.com/aqha/Home.aspx#:~:text=Once%20the%20certificate%20is%20generated,be%20transferred%20to%20another%20person.