PDA

View Full Version : Looking seriously at a car - Shelby Z

T5_X
10-04-2002, 06:50 PM
This guy a few blocks over from me is selling his 87 Daytona Shelby Z with the 2.2 turbo (that's the tubo II i believe), 200,000 km. I've been seriously thinking of buying one of these old chrysler turbos as a project. The car body looks perfect, just peeling clear coat which isnt a big deal at all, NO RUST!!! The interior is clean too. He couldn't get it started, says it hasn't been started in a few months, and has basically been sitting for 3 years, only being driven around the block a couple times a year. He's gonna charge the battery overnight and I'm gonna go have a look tomorrow. He says that one cyl is completely dead and one has a weak spark, distributor maybe? :dunno:

Anyway, its selling for 1200 bucks OBO, so how much should I offer if I get it? If we can't get it started should I walk away? I think this would be a great first project for me to get under the hood and really get my hands dirty while learning a lot about FI. What do you guys think? Any good forums someone know of for these turbo IIs?

redline
10-04-2002, 07:00 PM
ask the dodge guys on

www.performance-shop.com

finboy
10-04-2002, 09:21 PM
http://www.turbododge.com

ninjak84
10-05-2002, 12:01 AM
if you want me to come and look at it with you, give me a PM!
i say it sounds good, your post kind of tells me you already sold yourself on it:D