PDA

View Full Version : COVID Opinion Poll: Restaurants

ExtraSlow
06-09-2020, 09:10 AM
This is a time-limited poll to capture a snapshot of people's opinions from June 9 - 16.

Today, with what you know and think about the Covid-19 Coronavirus situation in your city, would you feel comfortable go to a bar/restaurant to eat a meal with friends from several different households?

Tik-Tok
06-09-2020, 09:24 AM
I was thinking of a similar poll. Was going to ask if anyone has been out yet.

Personally, I'm up for it if my friends are, however I don't think the value is there at the moment. I enjoy going out for wings every couple of weeks with some friends (pre-covid), but some of the reason I go isn't just their company, it's also to people watch (ie ogle the hot girls and waitresses)

Being in a place at half capacity, while my waitress wears a mask to serve me? Meh. I might as well have a BBQ and cook the wings myself for everyone.

killramos
06-09-2020, 09:25 AM
Yes I would, and have done it several times.

FraserB
06-09-2020, 09:28 AM
Yes, already been. Went out to Okotoks once as well when Calgary wasn’t open yet

killramos
06-09-2020, 09:29 AM
Yea weekend one went to Vulcan for lunch with the in laws, then headed to Canmore for dinner.

Eating out is huge for me, i could care less if it kills me.

flipstah
06-09-2020, 09:37 AM
It's mostly a PITA to order in a COVID dine-in situation because they're still learning a process.

But like what Tik-Tok said, there's no added value

ExtraSlow
06-09-2020, 09:44 AM
I love eating in restaurants, but if the process is going to be painful/stressful, then that takes all the joy out of it.

killramos
06-09-2020, 09:54 AM
Process isn’t that painful, went to Madison’s 1212 on the weekend and I just ordered my drinks and food on my phone and then they showed up. EZPZ.

The mask thing On servers is just awkward but a small part of the process. Might get in the way of your flirting with the waitresses game.

flipstah
06-09-2020, 09:59 AM
What's the point of eating out if you're just ordering from an app then...

I see no added value vs. ordering in an app and eating in my balcony sans pants

killramos
06-09-2020, 10:01 AM
What’s the point of eating out if you have to talk to a server?

flipstah
06-09-2020, 10:02 AM
I just want dimsum carts to be open again.

killramos
06-09-2020, 10:03 AM
Yes

lasimmon
06-09-2020, 10:27 AM
Already have many times over.

- - - Updated - - -

Process isn’t that painful, went to Madison’s 1212 on the weekend and I just ordered my drinks and food on my phone and then they showed up. EZPZ.

The mask thing On servers is just awkward but a small part of the process. Might get in the way of your flirting with the waitresses game.

It also makes all the waitresses cuter.

ExtraSlow
06-09-2020, 10:35 AM
Current vote spread is 45% no, 55% yes out of 14 responses.

Also, if a mask makes the waitress cuter, she ain't that cute . . . .

killramos
06-09-2020, 10:39 AM
Current vote spread is 45% no, 55% yes out of 14 responses.

Also, if a mask makes the waitress cuter, she ain't that cute . . . .

I dig mystery

flipstah
06-09-2020, 10:46 AM
I dig mystery

So is a server with a mask is like women in lingerie? Or a man in a suit?

killramos
06-09-2020, 10:47 AM
So is a server with a mask is like women in lingerie? Or a man in a suit?

If you have to ask...

phreezee
06-09-2020, 11:23 AM
Went for dim sum and sushi the last 2 weekends. Lack of tables means great service and food comes out faster.

ExtraSlow
06-09-2020, 01:15 PM
Capacity restrictions will be lifted as of June 12. Fuck yeah.

Masked Bandit
06-09-2020, 01:20 PM
Been out several times already.

98brg2d
06-09-2020, 02:29 PM
I don't feel comfortable going to an empty office right now, certainly don't feel comfortable sitting in a restaurant. Have only ordered take out twice since early March, once for Mother's Day, once for our anniversary and don't plan on making it a regular occurrence. Having a close relative with pulmonary fibrosis that has progressed very quickly over the last 8 months is probably making me more sensitive to the issues than most people. I don't want him to die, and certainly not as a result of me or my family making him sick.

ExtraSlow
06-09-2020, 03:35 PM
I don't feel comfortable going to an empty office right now, certainly don't feel comfortable sitting in a restaurant. Have only ordered take out twice since early March, once for Mother's Day, once for our anniversary and don't plan on making it a regular occurrence. Having a close relative with pulmonary fibrosis that has progressed very quickly over the last 8 months is probably making me more sensitive to the issues than most people. I don't want him to die, and certainly not as a result of me or my family making him sick.
I can totally understand this, and I don't think there's any "wrong" attitude about it, as we all have different family health situations. I'm more cautious than some of my friends for that reason. I have a couple people in my life that would be high-ish risk of complications if they contracted the covid.

The part I can't get my head around, and I really don't know how I feel about is this: If we expect some kind of second wave, i think we also admit it'll be happening for a week or two before we really know about it. So there will be a week or two where the risk is higher, but we won't know. That's the kind of thing that really ramps up my anxiety.

98brg2d
06-11-2020, 04:31 PM
I agree, based on the lagging indicators, I assume the second wave has already started and we just don’t know yet. It certainly looks that way for Edmonton. Based on the current active cases, we could easily see more major outbreaks and ramping up of transmission at any time, especially considering the experts now believe asymptomatic transmission plays a minor role and people are acting like the virus is gone. Anecdotally, malls are now very busy and will only get busier in the next week, along will all the other reopenings.

ExtraSlow
06-11-2020, 04:49 PM
If anyone was personally locking down to reduce risk, it probably makes as much or more sense now than at any time previously.

TomcoPDR
06-11-2020, 06:02 PM
So there will be a week or two where the risk is higher, but we won't know. That's the kind of thing that really ramps up my anxiety.

Mind over matter. Brush up on some early years ask Leo travel adventures.

ercchry
06-11-2020, 06:49 PM
If anyone was personally locking down to reduce risk, it probably makes as much or more sense now than at any time previously.

I’m treating hair cuts like the first snowfall... let the idiots at it and wait for them to infect each other, those who survive are not as stupid

I did go for dinner last week though, but high end with a well ran ship, dunno if I’d do a “Calgary’s best” pub nor BPs/earls/other lacking food safety trained, min wage paid shit... but then again I have ate more drive thru delivered meals through this than I usually would... best not to over think it :rofl:

ExtraSlow
06-11-2020, 06:57 PM
It's certainly possible to overthink things. I'm just trying to delay those things that I felt fine about delaying back in May, until July. I do not need a haircut, this mullet is really easy to maintain, and I dislike the dentist, so no rush for that either. From what I hear, places that have reopened are reasonably busy, so I don't feel I'm really helping out the small businesses by rushing, I'll let the people who are most eager handle that, and when it's less busy, I'll get in there.

ercchry
06-11-2020, 06:59 PM
Dentist will be fine, text me if you want the world’s most OCD hygienist :rofl:

She has been back... over a week now? I’m still symptom free

ExtraSlow
06-11-2020, 07:01 PM
pics of hygienist?

ercchry
06-11-2020, 07:04 PM
pics of hygienist?

I guess you haven’t met her? Haven’t tried to explain beyond to her yet hahaha... we did run into tonytiger55 though one night... not sure how I explained how we knew each other :rofl:

ExtraSlow
06-11-2020, 07:07 PM
My wife just assumes everyone I talk about is from beyond, and it's kinda true. Bring her to the next brewery night, I'll explain.

max_boost
06-11-2020, 07:22 PM
Dim Sum hangout would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Capacity restrictions will be lifted as of June 12. Fuck yeah.

Still 2m apart tho

ThePenIsMightier
06-11-2020, 10:56 PM
It's certainly possible to overthink things. I'm just trying to delay those things that I felt fine about delaying back in May, until July. I do not need a haircut, this mullet is really easy to maintain, and I dislike the dentist, so no rush for that either. From what I hear, places that have reopened are reasonably busy, so I don't feel I'm really helping out the small businesses by rushing, I'll let the people who are most eager handle that, and when it's less busy, I'll get in there.

I'm so, so, almost ready; but, not quite...
The savings I've amassed during this three months is ludicrous, though! Holy fuck is eating out (with a hefty liquor tab) ever expensive! The price of my child care has gone up by over 75% and I've still seen a tremendous increase in my regular account. From draft beer to draft Dodger.

msommers
06-11-2020, 11:12 PM
There's not a single restaurant that I'm itching to get back to simply for the benefit of eating in. The take out places are great from where we like so that has abated any urgency to go back. That and I still don't know how I feel about covid, and tend to be most cautious than laissez faire. Both of us are good cooks anyways so the need to go out pre-covid wasn't high and was always very expensive - the thought being if we go out they better be much better cooks than us!

I will certainly admit with the weather improving, the desire for a patio beer has steadily increased. If only we could drink in the park like so many places...Le sigh

ercchry
06-11-2020, 11:37 PM
You can’t drink in the park? Huh... weird :rofl:

max_boost
06-12-2020, 12:46 AM
Matthew such a good boy lol

msommers
06-12-2020, 07:33 AM
I have too many open liquor tickets :rofl:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
06-12-2020, 07:53 AM
Yes went out with two close friends for a meal last Friday night.

killramos
06-12-2020, 07:56 AM
I’m glad so many people are afraid to go to restaurants. Way easier to get a reservation these days, heck you can just walk right in to most places even with the restrictions.

Tik-Tok
07-06-2020, 04:51 PM
I'm finally out in a restaurant for some covidwings and Corona beer.

It's now worth the value because the waitresses are Trampeded up, and their masks make them look like bandits, so it's suits them.

killramos
07-06-2020, 04:57 PM
I'm finally out in a restaurant for some covidwings and Corona beer.

It's now worth the value because the waitresses are Trampeded up.

Talent at Joeys Eau Claire was unreal last week. The good ones aren’t all working stampede this year.

Mitsu3000gt
07-06-2020, 04:58 PM
We've been visiting our favorite restaurants frequently since the day they opened. Super easy to get a reservation, helps get them back on their feet, and Door Dash is never the same with you food sitting in a bag for 30+ minutes.

Service is amazing because everywhere is half full haha.

RX_EVOLV
07-07-2020, 09:31 AM
Been hitting up the patios and really enjoyed our time last week at The Guild during happy hour. We will iikely go again this week.

dirtsniffer
07-07-2020, 09:40 AM
The new craft patio is awesome

max_boost
07-11-2020, 07:33 PM
Went out for my first sit down meal at River Cafe. It was awesome. So yummy.

flipstah
07-11-2020, 09:28 PM
The new craft patio is awesome

How does it compare to the National rooftop?

speedog
07-12-2020, 02:35 PM
Talent at Joeys Eau Claire was unreal last week. The good ones aren’t all working stampede this year.

So as a player, did you up your game for the talent or were you just a bench warmer?

killramos
07-12-2020, 02:37 PM
So as a player, did you up your game for the talent or were you just a bench warmer?

Player? Bench?

I’ve always been more of an enjoy the carnage from the stands kindof guy.

msommers
07-12-2020, 02:48 PM

Since you're both married I'm sure you know the real answer

speedog
07-12-2020, 02:50 PM
Since you're both married I'm sure you know the real answer

Married, grey and old (by beyond standards) here, I have no game.

tirebob
07-12-2020, 03:04 PM
Married, grey and old (by beyond standards) here, I have no game.

Right there with you my grey fox brother!

max_boost
07-12-2020, 03:51 PM

Take it from this wannabe player, the only thing you need to up is the price unless if you have the looks of ercchry :love: :bigpimp:

ercchry
07-12-2020, 04:18 PM
the real art is in the juggling! Tried it once, too difficult to keep everything straight. Maybe shouldn’t have started with 3 :rofl:

max_boost
07-12-2020, 04:37 PM
the real art is in the juggling! Tried it once, too difficult to keep everything straight. Maybe shouldn’t have started with 3 :rofl:

This is where you become a team player you playa. Sharing is caring. But Idk why you worried we be Eskimo bros when you go first lol

A wiseman once told me it's okay to be the 3rd man in aka sloppy thirds is okay lol

ercchry
07-12-2020, 04:44 PM
Haha, I’ve been out of the game for a while now, all domesticated and shit

Clever
07-12-2020, 06:22 PM
Went to Gaucho’s last night for dinner with friends and it is a different feel, now they bring you the cut up pieces of meat if you want what they have out. The sides you have to order and they bring it to you from the kitchen which makes sense. We still enjoyed the food and had a good time, but I think it takes away from the experience. After, we stopped at Hudsons south for the fights, that place was busy.

Tik-Tok
07-25-2020, 10:07 PM
First time downtown tonight in 4 months. Holy fuck. So, soooo dead. Literally only the two of us in the entire place for the first hour.