PDA

View Full Version : Are you guys going back to the gym?

scboss
06-11-2020, 01:37 PM
Just curious about how many of you guys are actually going back to the gym?

I have a few things at home so I can workout but I will be purchasing a squat rack if things are not relatively normal in the next few months. I do work in a gym but I have moved most of my business online just in case.

pheoxs
06-11-2020, 01:42 PM
Probably not. Summer time I love to do outdoor cardio / running / biking / stairs so that eats up a lot of my time regardless of a pandemic. We also picked up a bench and free weights and can do a fair bit with that. I am excited to go back to the gym but also not in a huge rush right away. Maybe mid to late July once things settle.

vengie
06-11-2020, 01:47 PM
No, as I have a full home gym now.

But my wife and I won't open our yoga studio back up until there is a little more certainty. Projecting August for re open.

JRSC00LUDE
06-11-2020, 01:48 PM
Absolutely, went Monday, going today and tomorrow. Missed Tuesday because day drunk, missed Wednesday because consequences for Tuesday.

cet
06-11-2020, 01:50 PM
I can't wait for the gym to open again and will go as soon as they do. I've been doing cardio at home, which has been great but I've really been missing lifting. Goodlife seems to be setting up some pretty good measures to limit capacity as well as increased cleaning.

max_boost
06-11-2020, 01:50 PM
Probably will just do what I did before, use the condo gym 1 hour before closing and hopefully no one is in there. Miss doing bench lol

tonytiger55
06-11-2020, 02:00 PM
My Buddha belly says that I should.
My head says no.

pf0sh0
06-11-2020, 02:06 PM
The gym I go to is opening up in a block format so you are only able to train with a certain group @ certain times. I will be going for sure.

beyond_ban
06-11-2020, 02:28 PM
Any word on how GYMVMT is re-opening? I can't find anything online, and would love to hit the bench on Friday. Edgemont location specifically.

Toilet_X
06-11-2020, 02:49 PM
Im gonna wait another couple weeks. I dont wanna add covid to the delicious trail mix of diseases i already carry. Safety fourth buds.

lasimmon
06-11-2020, 02:51 PM
Will probably get back to it soon.

I heard today GoodLife in Eau Claire won't be opening again. I wonder if other gyms will bite the dust too.

scboss
06-11-2020, 03:07 PM
Any word on how GYMVMT is re-opening? I can't find anything online, and would love to hit the bench on Friday. Edgemont location specifically.

They are definitely taking a lot of precautions. I will find out monday when we are opening but im assuming 1 more week. Still cant believe golds opened with no protocols except 100 capacity and a line up outside. I would not want to work at that place tbh they give no f's. I dont trust peoples hygiene quite yet lol.

riander5
06-11-2020, 03:16 PM
Hell Ya!

brucebanner
06-11-2020, 03:18 PM
100% going back. Had something put together in my garage but much prefer actually going to the gym.

Mitsu3000gt
06-11-2020, 04:00 PM
I'll be going the first day it opens - looks like June 12 for Anytime Fitness. We have an exercise bike at home but it's not enough, and we only have really light weights.

Throughout the entire quarantine, I did not see one single person following the 'rules' properly or using their PPE properly, so realistically it barely even matters. We have already experienced what happens with virtually nobody following the rules (aside from not going out much because everything was closed anyway), so nothing will really change if you start going back to the gym. No different than going to the store or anything else really IMO.

About half of my office is back too, and to nobody's surprise, none of the rules are being followed (according to HR's numerous emails) and people I've talked to who are already back say that it's just like normal - people are having conference calls in offices, the same people who never washed their hands still aren't, the building ordered a ton of PPE but isn't providing any education on how to use it, etc. It's all just safety theater.

Everyone will have a different outlook and comfort level on this but in my mind it's exactly the same as pre-quarantine, so I'm eager to get back at it.

Asian_defender
06-12-2020, 09:45 AM
I'd love to go but Goodlife hasn't made any announcements yet about their reopening
Gotta lose the Covid weight

cet
06-12-2020, 09:48 AM
^ I got a couple of emails from them saying they were targeting the 29th with new protocols. You have to book an hour segment to go in. After every hour they will spend 30 mins cleaning. No showers, sauna, pool. Can book your time up to a week in advance.

bulaian
06-12-2020, 10:40 AM
Yes, because I work part time in a gym. I want to go back for my own workout and mental health. Secondly, if I don't choose to go back when they reopen I may risk not being recalled for work again ever.

flipstah
06-13-2020, 02:15 PM
Got back on the climbing walls this morning.

msommers
06-13-2020, 02:37 PM
A friend of ours works at Goodlife and he's planning to go back at the end of the month. This is hardly official but it sounds like people will have to book timeslots to go, be pre-changed before showing up to the gym and they'll do rotations of opening the gym for 1hr, closed for 30 minutes to deep-clean...all day every day.

pheoxs
06-13-2020, 04:33 PM
A friend of ours works at Goodlife and he's planning to go back at the end of the month. This is hardly official but it sounds like people will have to book timeslots to go, be pre-changed before showing up to the gym and they'll do rotations of opening the gym for 1hr, closed for 30 minutes to deep-clean...all day every day.

What are the odds things get deep-cleaned vs people just slack off when no ones looking

danno
06-13-2020, 05:14 PM
I’m not sure I can deal with the new world of the gym, I’m going to try though. I work out at the YMCA and I bet they will be extra safe. I’ll be ordering a power rack as soon as stock is available. I need everything so if anyone knows where they are available let me know.

revelations
06-13-2020, 05:28 PM
Unless someone is sneezing in your face, the gym is the last place you're going to catch anything - unless its packed like an airport. Sweat has actually been shown to be somewhat antibacterial - not that C19 really spreads that way either.

Definitely back to the gym for me.

sneek
06-15-2020, 12:51 AM
Got a lift in today and it was humbling to say the least.
Some weights I used to lift as a warm-up moved really slow. My former RPE 6 is closer to RPE 9.

This feels like it is going to be a long journey to get strong again as I'm already quite sore.

scboss
06-15-2020, 03:37 PM
What are the odds things get deep-cleaned vs people just slack off when no ones looking

My gym and the other one i have a membership requires you to wipe everything off before and after use. Our facility will also have cleaning staff open to close and a booking system so we dont get overcrowded. I still cant believe places opened without really doing anything aka golds

jabjab
06-15-2020, 03:51 PM
Been going to Anytime fitness since it opened on Friday and will be going 5 days a week again.

Kjonus
06-15-2020, 06:10 PM
Been going to Anytime fitness since it opened on Friday and will be going 5 days a week again.

Which location?

That_Nast
06-17-2020, 03:24 PM
Which location?
Just went to Anytime at Brentwood. Apparently they've been open since Friday and you don't have to reserve a spot. I think only the downtown locations are doing that.

Mitsu3000gt
06-17-2020, 03:58 PM
Which location?

Haysboro is open as of June 12, West Springs and some other locations are not yet. I think because it's franchised, every owner is doing something different.

beecue
06-17-2020, 06:09 PM
I'm iffy about going back to gold's in country hills. It was pretty dirty before all this. There were barely any spray bottles and the couple they had were with towels that were probably never washed. They are letting in 100 people at a time which seems like a lot. I might have to just go in with a mask as I can't work out at home.

nismodrifter
06-18-2020, 10:18 AM
No.

I bought some adjustable dumb bells (Bowflex 552) and a bench. I shall get jacked like this at home sans COVID.

danno
06-18-2020, 10:42 AM
Found a gym that was open probably stay here till the ymca is back to normal. Had a ok setup at home but nothing beats the commitment while your at the gym.

mazdavirgin
06-18-2020, 11:01 AM
Went back to the climbing gym last night. Was nice to have that option since it was pouring rain and I like being able to supplement the outdoor climbing with some indoor power training.

BavarianBeast
06-18-2020, 07:14 PM
I’ve been able to stay just as shredded from running, biking and lifting dumbbells at home.

I used to be religious about the gym. Not sure I’ll ever get back into that routine seeing as my home one seems to work just as great, although the I’m sure my 1mr’s are weak af now.

Chester
06-19-2020, 10:01 AM
I froze my Goodlife membership until August just to see how things go for the first month. Honestly, I'm enjoying being a "fatass" for once, nice to take a break after 9 years of lifting.

HiSpec
06-19-2020, 10:47 AM
Just went to Anytime at Brentwood. Apparently they've been open since Friday and you don't have to reserve a spot. I think only the downtown locations are doing that.

How is their cleanliness? I recall before they had to shutdown for COVID, some of their shower curtains are moldy. I don't shower at the gym but it's still disgusting.

brucebanner
06-19-2020, 12:15 PM
Went to la fitness west edmonton this morning since my normal gym isn't open until first week of July.

Cleaning crew there, also had to wipe down everything pre and post use. Most everyone seemed to be following the cleaning guidelines. Also saw 2 people wearing masks (1 medical, 1 reusable).

Xtrema
06-19-2020, 06:57 PM
I froze my Goodlife membership until August just to see how things go for the first month. Honestly, I'm enjoying being a "fatass" for once, nice to take a break after 9 years of lifting.

Also freeze til Sep. Thanks for heads up.

Toilet_X
06-19-2020, 09:20 PM

Tell me about it. Im the fattest sack of shit right now! :)))))))

ExtraSlow
06-19-2020, 09:21 PM
Tell me about it. Im the fattest sack of shit right now! :)))))))

There's a surprising number of calories in 48 loads of semen.

LilDrunkenSmurf
06-20-2020, 02:00 PM
I'm going to go back once my training sessions resume. But ideally I'll be cancelling my contract after that, and investing more into the home gym.

heavyD
06-21-2020, 01:55 PM
I'm struggling here as there were so many unsanitary guys (no hand wash after #2) in my gym before the pandemic that I can't see these guys changing their colors. It seems like the next worst place to be after a church during a pandemic.

revelations
06-21-2020, 02:16 PM
I'm struggling here as there were so many unsanitary guys (no hand wash after #2) in my gym before the pandemic that I can't see these guys changing their colors. It seems like the next worst place to be after a church during a pandemic.

Not that I would be rushing to touch the equipment immediately after said person - but the reality is that as long as you keep your hands away from your face and WASH your hands properly whenever you come in the house (or eat, etc.) its not really a big deal.

Zhariak
06-21-2020, 02:19 PM
Not that I would be rushing to touch the equipment immediately after said person - but the reality is that as long as you keep your hands away from your face and WASH your hands properly whenever you come in the house (or eat, etc.) its not really a big deal.

This 100%!!!!

I started going back on Monday. So far there usually only 3 or 4 other people in the small gym I go to.

The key is:
1) Wash your hands
2) Don't touch your face
3) Keep distance from people
4) Wash hands when leaving, use hand sanitizer in car before touching anything including steering wheels, climate controls, etc.

Toilet_X
06-23-2020, 01:44 PM
There's a surprising number of calories in 48 loads of semen.

I am outraged that there is a rep limit right now

JohnnyBlaze
06-23-2020, 03:50 PM
I'm iffy about going back to gold's in country hills. It was pretty dirty before all this. There were barely any spray bottles and the couple they had were with towels that were probably never washed. They are letting in 100 people at a time which seems like a lot. I might have to just go in with a mask as I can't work out at home.

Have you gone back yet? How is it?

Definitely nappy before covid lol

beecue
06-23-2020, 08:34 PM
I went yesterday and it seems a bit better than before. There are some dispensers with wipes. A couple of more spray bottles with paper towels. They blocked off some treadmills etc to social distance. Up to people to social distance around free weights and machines though. I don't think I'd want to go during busy time. It showed around 49 people when I went.

You can check here as they only let in 100 which seems kind of high to me.

https://www.goldsyyc.com/gym-select

I heard other gyms are by appointment then they kick everyone out to clean for a bit for next batch which would be better.

pheoxs
06-23-2020, 10:47 PM
I went yesterday and it seems a bit better than before. There are some dispensers with wipes. A couple of more spray bottles with paper towels. They blocked off some treadmills etc to social distance. Up to people to social distance around free weights and machines though. I don't think I'd want to go during busy time. It showed around 49 people when I went.

You can check here as they only let in 100 which seems kind of high to me.

https://www.goldsyyc.com/gym-select

I heard other gyms are by appointment then they kick everyone out to clean for a bit for next batch which would be better.

100 people in the gym still seems like a lot

ExtraSlow
06-24-2020, 07:24 AM
100 people in the gym still seems like a lot
I've heard anyone going out in public without a mask is a douche. I don't know if I'd risk that kind of shaming.

bulaian
06-25-2020, 10:18 AM
100 in the gym is lot. I'm not sure about the size of that gold's gym but most Goodlife locations are capping numbers at 50-60 then closing every hour to clean for 30 minutes.

LilDrunkenSmurf
06-25-2020, 10:34 AM
100 in the gym is lot. I'm not sure about the size of that gold's gym but most Goodlife locations are capping numbers at 50-60 then closing every hour to clean for 30 minutes.

My GYMVMT has 120 slots per 75mins.

nzwasp
06-30-2020, 05:29 PM
Does anyone know if gymvmt credit can be used for their online offering instead of going into the gym?

Misterman
06-30-2020, 08:43 PM
My 3rd workout back today. Feels good, but sore AF. Lots of wipedown gear at this gym I'm going to. Kind of funny though, every 2nd treadmill is blocked off for social distancing, but all benches and machines are wide open for use with no distancing at all.

Haven't been to my home gym yet, Snap. But they are saying there is no limits on anything, they figure they can manage it all without making time slots or anything like that. So that's good news, I have 2 gyms I use that are just free for all.

scboss
06-30-2020, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know if gymvmt credit can be used for their online offering instead of going into the gym?

It can only be used for membership if your talking about that credit.

It's so awesome getting noob gains again. Strength is obviously down but muscle is going up fast in the last three weeks.

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-02-2020, 09:02 AM
I received a weird message today. I had a home gym setup during quarantine, and participated in an online virtual meet back in May. I got a message today asking if I would be intersted in participating in another at the end of August, that would be broadcast on twitch, with judges doing reviews of all the lifts on the stream.

It's alright though, scboss kept yelling at me about stretching on instagram.

Found out my trainer at gymvmt isn't back until "phase 2" which is late july/august, so I don't really feel very incentivized to go into the gym, with my home setup. Especially since my current programming takes ~90 minutes, not including warmup/stretches.

SJW
07-02-2020, 09:57 AM
I don't think my legs have ever been this sore in my life. I cry when I have to sit on the toilet. I may eat cheese for the entire day just to not have to squat.

scboss
07-03-2020, 12:37 PM
I received a weird message today. I had a home gym setup during quarantine, and participated in an online virtual meet back in May. I got a message today asking if I would be intersted in participating in another at the end of August, that would be broadcast on twitch, with judges doing reviews of all the lifts on the stream.

It's alright though, scboss kept yelling at me about stretching on instagram.

Found out my trainer at gymvmt isn't back until "phase 2" which is late july/august, so I don't really feel very incentivized to go into the gym, with my home setup. Especially since my current programming takes ~90 minutes, not including warmup/stretches.

Heh spreading the mobility gains

Yeah the gyms have been super dead for the most part. You get 75min and if you need extra time and we are not at capacity they will extend it no problem. My club has only hit 50% capacity 2x so far so should always have enough time

pheoxs
07-03-2020, 12:44 PM
Heh spreading the mobility gains

Yeah the gyms have been super dead for the most part. You get 75min and if you need extra time and we are not at capacity they will extend it no problem. My club has only hit 50% capacity 2x so far so should always have enough time

What gym?

Also, does anyone know whats in the typical cleaner bottles at the gym? It didn't smell like alcohol like a bunch of the sanitizers do. (Not that I tried to smell it I guess, maybe it was weak).

When I went to fit4less by the last 15 minutes of our session almost all the bottles had been swiped and people just taking them to each machine with them. Was really annoying. Curious if I could just bring my own but idk what would be okay without damaging the machines.

beyond_ban
07-03-2020, 02:51 PM
I visited Edgemont last night for the first time and there were approx 5 others working out at the same time. Super open and actually more enjoyable than pre-covid since you can use anything you want at pretty much anytime and superset with no problems. Only negatives are no towel service/shower/steam/sauna/pool and you can no longer use ropes since they are not easy to clean like the various handles.

nzwasp
07-03-2020, 03:03 PM
It can only be used for membership if your talking about that credit.

It's so awesome getting noob gains again. Strength is obviously down but muscle is going up fast in the last three weeks.

That might be the case but according to my wife who uses gymvmt was told on the phone that her membership credit can be used on the gymvmt go website online instead of coming into the gym. She has to use her personal training hours in person I think. I guess I will monitor the credit card to ensure that she doesnt get charged an extra 19.99 ontop of her existing 32$ every two weeks. Im just a bit bummed that the go website isnt an app.

Found this on the website:

Convert your existing GYMVMT/HER GYMVMT membership today, or become a member by subscribing for $19.95 plus GST bi-weekly.

scboss
07-03-2020, 05:57 PM
That might be the case but according to my wife who uses gymvmt was told on the phone that her membership credit can be used on the gymvmt go website online instead of coming into the gym. She has to use her personal training hours in person I think. I guess I will monitor the credit card to ensure that she doesnt get charged an extra 19.99 ontop of her existing 32$ every two weeks. Im just a bit bummed that the go website isnt an app.

Found this on the website:

Yeah sorry I meant for online personal training options not the group x ones. So far from what ive seen members are super happy with the go service and who knows when these people will actually feel comfortable in the gym again. Id say about 40% of my bushiness has kept training/membership frozen for now because of uncertainty and fear of catching covid.

I'm just super happy my company has done the extra effort to keep everyone safe (disposable wipes, online booking where you can check occupancy, all staff trained on covid prevention) .

- - - Updated - - -

What gym?

Also, does anyone know whats in the typical cleaner bottles at the gym? It didn't smell like alcohol like a bunch of the sanitizers do. (Not that I tried to smell it I guess, maybe it was weak).

When I went to fit4less by the last 15 minutes of our session almost all the bottles had been swiped and people just taking them to each machine with them. Was really annoying. Curious if I could just bring my own but idk what would be okay without damaging the machines.

Im at Gymvmt Trans Canada now. We have installed tons of disposable wipes/hand sanitizing stations and have hired two full time cleaners to continue to keep our gym clean throughout the day . Our staff also has to go wipe down all high touch points every hour.

Mitsu3000gt
07-03-2020, 11:49 PM
Are any of your guys' gyms that have opened in a limited capacity reducing member fees to match? My gym opened, but with extremely limited hours such that I am almost never going to be able to go (I go there specifically because it's 24hr), so I need to check if they are automatically billing me. If Anytime fitness is no longer "Anytime", hopefully they aren't billing people 100% or maybe they look at it case by case since they can see how often you go.

holden
07-07-2020, 10:30 AM
YMCA posted their re-opening plans yesterday, with the opening date set for July 20th. Reduced capacity with an online booking system, can be booked up to 3 days in advance. I'm looking forward to trying it out as I enjoy working out in an empty gym. Also looks like I can book the basketball court entirely to myself. I'll probably try it out for a few months before putting my membership on hold for the fall/winter (and a potential second wave).

sneek
07-07-2020, 01:36 PM
Are any of your guys' gyms that have opened in a limited capacity reducing member fees to match? My gym opened, but with extremely limited hours such that I am almost never going to be able to go (I go there specifically because it's 24hr), so I need to check if they are automatically billing me. If Anytime fitness is no longer "Anytime", hopefully they aren't billing people 100% or maybe they look at it case by case since they can see how often you go.

Anytime is charging full rates like every other gym. Interestingly enough Anytimes in BC are open like before. They have a soft cap of 30-40 members inside at any given time but I can't say I've see any enforcement.

danno
07-07-2020, 01:57 PM
Saw the ymca posting glad I’m not going back there for a while. The small gym I joined is a better place for times like this. I think the cap is 40 people but I typically go at 530am. The ymca in quarry park doesn’t open till 630 now so it wouldn’t have worked anyway, no locker room use either.

Mitsu3000gt
07-08-2020, 01:59 PM
Anytime is charging full rates like every other gym. Interestingly enough Anytimes in BC are open like before. They have a soft cap of 30-40 members inside at any given time but I can't say I've see any enforcement.

Interesting. I go to 2 different locations and they have different policies so it seems franchise dependent. The one I go to most often has a 1hr maximum on your workout, no shower or fountain use, no outdoor shoes allowed past the door, and obviously equipment wipe-downs.

I should probably give them a call since I pretty much can't ever go during their new hours.

pheoxs
07-08-2020, 02:23 PM
Interesting. I go to 2 different locations and they have different policies so it seems franchise dependent. The one I go to most often has a 1hr maximum on your workout, no shower or fountain use, no outdoor shoes allowed past the door, and obviously equipment wipe-downs.

I should probably give them a call since I pretty much can't ever go during their new hours.

Fit4less has the same restrictions (1hr, no shower, no fountains, etc). But I've never had issues booking slots unless I wait last minute. They only let you book 2 days ahead so it's pretty easy to decide to go to the gym tomorrow and grab a slot. Like right now 5, 615, and 730 are all available tonight. You can also reserve two time slots so if you wanted a longer workout you could technically go do an hour, go out to the parking lot and stretch/jog for 15 minutes then go back in and do more.

Mitsu3000gt
07-08-2020, 02:28 PM
Fit4less has the same restrictions (1hr, no shower, no fountains, etc). But I've never had issues booking slots unless I wait last minute. They only let you book 2 days ahead so it's pretty easy to decide to go to the gym tomorrow and grab a slot. Like right now 5, 615, and 730 are all available tonight. You can also reserve two time slots so if you wanted a longer workout you could technically go do an hour, go out to the parking lot and stretch/jog for 15 minutes then go back in and do more.

My issue is they are completely closed by the time I am able to go (which is why I use a 24hr gym) - if I could just book a slot that would be fine, but they aren't doing that either (no number limits, just 1hr max). There might be one day a week I can go. My GF's gym does the booking thing and it seems to work OK.

Kjonus
07-08-2020, 09:06 PM

The one thing that has pissed me off about Anytime at Creekside is how they are talking about the "no outdoor shoes allowed past the door" and finally pushing it. You should never be aloud to wear your outdoor footwear on the gym floor regardless.

revelations
07-09-2020, 12:15 AM
My issue is they are completely closed by the time I am able to go (which is why I use a 24hr gym) - if I could just book a slot that would be fine, but they aren't doing that either (no number limits, just 1hr max). There might be one day a week I can go. My GF's gym does the booking thing and it seems to work OK.

They wont kick you out after 61 minutes. Nothing is that strict at the two locations that I've been to and there are no wipe down police monitoring. I see people at the gym wiping down equipment like before all this started. Just wash your hands properly and you will be fine.

Mitsu3000gt
07-09-2020, 09:02 AM
The one thing that has pissed me off about Anytime at Creekside is how they are talking about the "no outdoor shoes allowed past the door" and finally pushing it. You should never be aloud to wear your outdoor footwear on the gym floor regardless.

I agree, I always have 2 pairs with me and leave what I arrived in at the door anyway, it always surprised me that people either work out in their outdoor shoes or walk through the gym in them to get to the change rooms.

They wont kick you out after 61 minutes. Nothing is that strict at the two locations that I've been to and there are no wipe down police monitoring. I see people at the gym wiping down equipment like before all this started. Just wash your hands properly and you will be fine.

Yeah I can't imagine anything is enforced too strictly, especially if you go at off-peak times. I just need them to be open when I want to work out....

A2VR6
07-09-2020, 11:12 PM
I agree, I always have 2 pairs with me and leave what I arrived in at the door anyway, it always surprised me that people either work out in their outdoor shoes or walk through the gym in them to get to the change rooms.

Yeah I can't imagine anything is enforced too strictly, especially if you go at off-peak times. I just need them to be open when I want to work out....

The anytime beltline location just went back to 24/7 operation this week (July 5th). Basically, all you need to do is to reserve your gym time (your FOB will only provide access 10 minutes prior to your reservation time).

Mitsu3000gt
07-10-2020, 11:20 AM
The anytime beltline location just went back to 24/7 operation this week (July 5th). Basically, all you need to do is to reserve your gym time (your FOB will only provide access 10 minutes prior to your reservation time).

Good to know, thank you. Pretty cool that they can control that with the FOBs. Do they still have free underground parking there at Hotel Arts?

cdnsir
07-10-2020, 02:28 PM
Four city gym/pools re-opened today with more to follow. Haven’t been, but I trust that they will follow their cleaning protocols much more than Anytime.

https://youtu.be/wDbg5rvXmsU

A2VR6
07-10-2020, 04:26 PM
Good to know, thank you. Pretty cool that they can control that with the FOBs. Do they still have free underground parking there at Hotel Arts?

Yes they do, 2 hours free.

Mitsu3000gt
07-11-2020, 12:59 AM
Yes they do, 2 hours free.

Awesome, thanks.

KrisYYC
07-17-2020, 03:13 PM
Does anybody know if Anytime Fitness is allowing worldwide access again? My girlfriend lives literally in the opposite end of the city and I find I'm missing workouts when I'm up there. There's a location about 10 mins from her that I'd like to start using.

pheoxs
07-17-2020, 03:19 PM
Ride cycle calgary & YYC Cycle shutdown due to a trainer having covid and 4 other gyms have also shutdown as a precaution as staff had attended a Ride Cycle spin session. No known cases at the other gyms but they're being cautious which is good to see.

A spin class sounds terrible during covid ... everyone I've gone to is usually a tiny rooms that are too hot and big fans blowing air across them.

rx7boi
07-18-2020, 10:10 AM
Went back to Goodlife after a long hiatus even before COVID-19 started.

Really enjoying the limited capacity since the crowds were part of the reason why I stopped going in the first place.

danno
07-18-2020, 11:25 AM
Any word how long the gyms have to shut down after a covid case??

scboss
07-20-2020, 12:15 AM
Any word how long the gyms have to shut down after a covid case??

Protocol is 2 days with a full deep clean and anyone who has been in contact needs to be tested before returning to work. Im glad my work is taking so many precautions even though wearing a mask sucks when working. Ive seen tons of smaller gyms change nothing and go on business as usual

ExtraSlow
07-23-2020, 09:25 PM
Always nice when one gym holds an event with people from other gyms. Nice to mix circles.

max_boost
09-15-2020, 01:10 PM
What are the gyms like? Any gyms offer a drop in rate that's cheap?

Repsol no longer offers their $8 for the last 90mins.

Just feel like getting a few sets in

pheoxs
09-15-2020, 01:36 PM
What are the gyms like? Any gyms offer a drop in rate that's cheap?

Repsol no longer offers their $8 for the last 90mins.

Just feel like getting a few sets in

fit4less is 5$ every other week. It's been pretty fine to go, book a 1hr time slot and then go do your workout. Squat racks get a bit busy but otherwise mostly fine during the time. Most people rush to use the racks so I usually leave that part for later on.