PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know someone with a Mercedes W123 240D, 300D, 300TD, 280E, 280CE?

Neil4Speed
06-16-2020, 06:49 AM
Looking through my parents (climate controlled) garage last weekend, and I came across a set of these chrome fenders.

They appear to be unused (still have the rubber protector on them). Looking at the box carefully. I realized that they are for a W123 rather than a W116 (which is what my father had).

These have been with us for at a minimum of 25 years... but likely older (I imagine originally purchased in the 80's). I threw them up on Kijiji but I would prefer just to give them away to someone who has the car.

Anyone know of someone with one of these?

ThePenIsMightier
06-16-2020, 06:57 AM
Looking through my parents (climate controlled) garage last weekend, and I came across a set of these chrome fenders.

They appear to be unused (still have the rubber protector on them). Looking at the box carefully. I realized that they are for a W123 rather than a W116 (which is what my father had).

These have been with us for at a minimum of 25 years... but likely older (I imagine originally purchased in the 80's). I threw them up on Kijiji but I would prefer just to give them away to someone who has the car.

Anyone know of someone with one of these?

[]
I think you have listed some W126 in there, as well.
Which they would likely also fit. Just sayin.

Neil4Speed
06-16-2020, 08:26 AM
I think you have listed some W126 in there, as well.
Which they would likely also fit. Just sayin.

I think those are all W123? W126 Would be the S-Class model no? Unsure of the fitment for those, I would have thought they would have larger fenders are they are larger cars, but I may be wrong.

ThePenIsMightier
06-16-2020, 08:31 AM
I think those are all W123? W126 Would be the S-Class model no? Unsure of the fitment for those, I would have thought they would have larger fenders are they are larger cars, but I may be wrong.

Yes, I think you're right. I misread 300 TD for SD plus I couldn't recall what the coupes were called.
I hate chassis codes.