PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Wireless keyboards for typing

ExtraSlow
07-10-2020, 07:50 AM
With all this WFH, and the fact that my work now have the downtown office and a shop in the industrial Park, I find myself plunked down at a lot of different locations. I'm setting up a new desk with a laptop dock and monitor, and need another keyboard and mouse to leave there. Have always liked the Logitech keyboards, good combination of price and usability. The K350 "wave" seems to be a decent value, I am typing on one right now, and it's okay. Keys are a little loud, but I can type reasonably well on them. I think it was like $90 on amazon, although I can't find it today.

So, for someone who wants a full-size (with number pad) wireless keyboard for work/desk use, what do you folks recommend? Any benefit to spending over $100, does that actually get you anything? Nothing with lights (unless you can shut them off) will not be used for gaming.

Sasuke_Kensai
07-12-2020, 03:25 PM
If you like laptop keys - I have an HP Wireless Elite V2, think it was ~70 but think it can fluctuate a bit. Love it. It has the chiclet/scissor style keys - shallow, easy to press and quiet. Believe it is a full keyboard but the arrow keys and home/end section are rearranged slightly. Battery life is great.

tch7
07-12-2020, 06:28 PM
Bought this Arteck one for $37 at the start of WFH. Really happy with it.
https://www.amazon.ca/Arteck-Wireless-Keyboard-Stainless-Rechargeable/dp/B07D34L57F

Also have Logitech K750 Solar which I'll be keeping wherever I'll use it less. It's nice, but twice the price and has periodic lag issues.

jwslam
07-13-2020, 10:19 AM
Also have Logitech K750 Solar which I'll be keeping wherever I'll use it less. It's nice, but twice the price and has periodic lag issues.
Are you using the Unifying receiver directly plugged into a computer USB?
In general all the Logitech unifying receivers have heat issues. So put the receiver on some sort of USB extension cable (should've been included) and that should solve your latency issues. Took me 3 years of suffering to learn this.

The_Rural_Juror
07-15-2020, 11:11 AM
Logitech G915. I like the linears but they are sold out. Tactile is available and more like traditional keyboards. Clicky will drive your neighbours crazy if you are still working in your backyard. Mechanical keyboards for the win - especially if you have oily jelly fingers.

nismodrifter
12-22-2020, 03:52 PM
I am looking for a wireless full size keyboard to replace my 20 year old microsoft wired keyboard and Microsoft Optical 3000 wired mouse :)

Any other suggestions?

I think chiclet style keys would be preferred, easier, softer to press, quiet. Has to be full size though.

HP Wireless Elite V2 seems to fit the bill but cannot find it in stock anywhere.

edit: ended up buying Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900. Looks like it will do the job. $56.99 for mouse and keyboard. Looked at Arteck as well, maybe next time.

ExtraSlow
12-22-2020, 05:47 PM
Logitech k540 is pretty nice and a big step up from thier cheaper stuff. I actually coukd use another couple of them. I have so many damned keyboards.

Actually, is there a sorta decent wired keyboard Tha6s not some rgb gaming horseshit? Like no lights, no frills, decent to type on USB keyboard?

Asian_defender
12-23-2020, 01:02 AM
Try out a mechanical keyboard if you dont mind the noise. The logitech G915 is on sale and supposedly its 18 month battery life
Personally I really enjoy the ducky keyboards(no frills but higher end due to the quality)
Bestbuy has some of the corsair keyboards on sale. I have a K70 for work and I think they're fantasic

GenerationX
12-23-2020, 01:49 AM
Logitech k540 is pretty nice and a big step up from thier cheaper stuff. I actually coukd use another couple of them. I have so many damned keyboards.

Actually, is there a sorta decent wired keyboard Tha6s not some rgb gaming horseshit? Like no lights, no frills, decent to type on USB keyboard?

Varmilo is probably one of the better prebuilts. For higher end, Realforce would probably be something you can look into.

The_Rural_Juror
12-23-2020, 09:57 AM
I love the G915 linear but it's not for everyone.

AndyL
12-23-2020, 10:30 AM
Mechanicals aren't all noisy - depends on your switch.

I built an ergo split with gatreon reds, no annoying clicks, no lights. Pretty sure I saw something about making it wireless in the build instructions but I wasn't going that way.

pheoxs
12-23-2020, 11:06 AM
Mechanicals aren't all noisy - depends on your switch.

I built an ergo split with gatreon reds, no annoying clicks, no lights. Pretty sure I saw something about making it wireless in the build instructions but I wasn't going that way.

My hyperx is pretty noisey tbh. Depending on the video chat app it's not bad as some have background noise supression. Though I wish we'd just use discord for meetings and life would be grand.

sl888
12-24-2020, 12:16 PM

I'm using a Keychron K1 with Gateron browns. I really like the clean look with aluminum body. Check out their lineup, lots of options. They are backlit but you can turn it off.

taemo
12-24-2020, 12:18 PM
I love the K530 so much that I hoard them, have 2 pairs at home for backup and 2 at work

CivicDXR
12-24-2020, 03:08 PM
Love my Ducky with Gateron Browns, but do want to get a Keychron with Browns to get rid of the cable, and to be able to flip the switch to use between my mac and Windows machines.

msommers
12-24-2020, 05:33 PM
Microsoft Sculpt has been a love-hate relationship. The overall size, feel and ergonomics of the keyboard are the best I've ever tried. But the bluetooth connection fuckery is going to make me lose the last few hairs I have left.

I might say fuck it and get one of these:

https://www.ergocanada.com/detailed_specification_pages/solidtek_ergonomic_desktop.html