PDA

View Full Version : Exotic Car Rentals in Calgary

awddrifter
03-31-2004, 06:17 PM
Does anyone know if there are places where you can rent exotic cars (Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc) for a day in Calgary? And if so... could you point me in the direction of a URL, address, or phone number?

I've looked in the yellow pages, called around, searched on the internet, etc, and I can't seem to find anything. I need it for a special occasion :D

sorry if this has been posted before.. the search page seems to not be loading for me...

EDIT: sorry.. i scrolled through the pages and found a post on it now... >.< i can't delete the topic... damn

BigShow
03-31-2004, 06:24 PM
so what did you find?

ramminghard
03-31-2004, 06:50 PM
Executive cars Inc. Exotic and luxury car rental.hummer, ferrari, mercedes, porsche, BMW, corvette.

686-6266

www.exoticcars.com

awddrifter
03-31-2004, 09:42 PM
acutally... i didn't find much information in the other threads related to renting exotic cars.

Does anyone know if ZR auto will rent out some of their cars for a day or less?

thanks ramminghard for that.. ill call them up :)

Also... this Mach something rentals that people were talking about... do they rent out exotic cars? and if so wha is their full name and their phone #? Whats this I hear about a viper you can rent for $500 too?

thanks for your help :D

awddrifter
04-02-2004, 12:50 PM
bump

JAYMEZ
04-02-2004, 01:05 PM
you do relize when you rent say a ferrari you have to put your house mortgage on it , incase you crash :(

sexualbanana
04-02-2004, 01:45 PM
Lemme guess, you're looking for an exotic for grad?

C4S
04-02-2004, 02:21 PM
:( It is good to know too !

I only know Exotic Car Rentals in Vancouver ... but then like $2,000 to rent a Ferrari for 2 day, $1,500 for Porsche .. $1,000 for M3 or Boxster etc ......

Should be somewhere in Calgary ... :confused:

20incheyes
04-02-2004, 08:24 PM
being moved to the CPOST, people who got money in VCITY already own one, unlike prarie richboys

mutsuraboshi
04-03-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
you do relize when you rent say a ferrari you have to put your house mortgage on it , incase you crash :(

but i dont have a house :confused:

Chester
04-03-2004, 03:15 PM
then you can give them $200 000 cash instead...you have to have callateral to rent these cars

20incheyes
04-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Chester
then you can give them $200 000 cash instead...you have to have callateral to rent these cars
not sure how it works in CANADA but in VEGAS they took a $5000 authorization on my CC and I paid an extra $85 for being under 25 (but over their minimum 21), we had it for 5 hours and 100 miles included, paid over for extra miles but we were just rolling on the strip at .5 mph on a friday @8pmish enjoying all the boobs, we had ladies with their parents in the same car pulling off their tops, the 3rd buddy eneded up getting a famous classy vegas lady, which cost him $250 for nothing, oh he was pissed, i did just fine and the best part was I dropped off the car at the hotel.club i was visiting, made a nice conclusion to the night rolling up FSTYLE

JAYMEZ
04-04-2004, 04:07 AM
^^^ haha thats pimp man , always good to have boobs to enjoy :P

pookie
04-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Autobahn rents out Ferrari and Viper etc...
I talked to the guy there and I had it all set up for my grad (2002) and then 10 DAYS before grad I call him up to check if its still good, and he says that they are not getting ANY exotic cars this summer because of the sparadic cold weather!
And it was too late for me to find a limo, so I was CHUMPED and I had to drive the Bimm to grad.
Thanks Autobahn.

And heres a SWEET picture for your time:
http://www.stanthecaddy.com/seinfeldsuperman2004.jpg

BumpinTalon
05-30-2004, 12:40 AM
bump
let's hear more about this

eb0i
05-30-2004, 01:09 AM
I rented a hummer(pre H2 days) for my grad back in the day. It costed a pretty penny per hour per person but it worked out well. we had it for a whole day and it came with a chaffeur. Which was fine with me because I didn't want the responsiblities associated with such a machine back then. It was quite a hit at grad and with the ladies.

Cos
08-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Sorry to bump a 6 year old thread, but same question applies.

Where could you rent a Vette or something for a wedding? Not looking at a Lambo or something crazy exotic (yet) but wouldnt mind a nice Merc or a Vette.

maxwinedog
05-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Cos theres a shop on macleod tr (sorry forgot the name) where you can rent llambos and ferraris by the day. From what i was told they start at $1500 a day with a min. $350,000 liability deposit.

Cos
05-30-2011, 12:26 PM
^^ thanks for the post. I am hoping to get a bit more 'normal' car like a Porsche, Merc, Vette.

I only need it for like 3 hours

M.alex
05-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by maxwinedog
Cos theres a shop on macleod tr (sorry forgot the name) where you can rent llambos and ferraris by the day. From what i was told they start at $1500 a day with a min. $350,000 liability deposit.

Huh? How is somebody going to leave a 350,000 deposit?

BrknFngrs
05-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

Huh? How is somebody going to leave a 350,000 deposit?

Agreed. Also, who in their right mind would put up their home as collateral on a car rental?

CapnCrunch
05-30-2011, 01:01 PM
$350,000 liability deposit.

What......
the......
fuck.....?

3drian
05-30-2011, 01:12 PM
^+1

I wanted to do something like that for my dads birthday next week, but I decided to just flight him to Vegas with my mom; paid 300$ and he gets to drive a ferrari around a circuit.
I do realize its not on the street so not as pimp but way cheaper and he will be able to actually go past 100k/hr

Maybelater
05-31-2011, 11:47 PM
I honestly didn't think you could rent an exotic anywhere in Canada, figured it was a law. They must put crazy governors on these things? Also, are all you serious about the deposit?

turbotrip
06-01-2011, 12:47 AM

I've heard he rents them out too, but not sure about the deposit

Mitsu3000gt
06-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Who would ever gamble their home against a car rental? I don't believe that.

If that is true, and people are willing to possibly completely ruin their lives in return for driving a Ferrari for a day, they are retarded.

For that $1500, you can fly to vegas and lap multiple exotics several times.

Maybelater
06-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Besides, they would pay insurance for a reason, if you damage it I doubt they are going to be paying the price of the vehicle to replace it.

J-hop
06-03-2011, 12:52 AM
that actually makes sense, don't think they want some random jabroni off the street rolling around in a car worth more than their life.

rage2
06-03-2011, 08:43 AM
If someone can afford a $350k damage deposit cash, they wouldn't be renting a Ferrari. :rofl:

The places I've seen usually force you to buy insurannce (regardless of your cc or auto insurance rental coverage) and they put a $5k or $10k hold on your CC, which is the amount of the deductable in case you get in an accident.

There's no way anyone would ask for a $350k deposit lol.

Kloubek
06-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Actually, I wouldn't mind having an exotic to take out to Canmore for my wedding in August. Would make for awesome pictures. Yeah the 944 is fast but it isn't exactly a pristine automobile.

I don't suppose any gracious individuals on here would be willing to help out a mature, long time, regular member? I'd return it with a full tank of gas...

Now that I'm thinking about it, why *would* anyone want to help me out. Just too much risk involved I ended up being a douche and crashing it or something...

Nevermind.

beyond_ban
06-21-2011, 03:09 PM
^ You shouldn't have discredited your self at the end and even brought up the fact that you could be a douche and crash it haha, now your chances are even slimmer.

Cos
06-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Having a hard time with this one. Wasnt there a guy setting up a shop with Astons and we were all supposed to follow him on twitter?

Kloubek
06-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
^ You shouldn't have discredited your self at the end and even brought up the fact that you could be a douche and crash it haha, now your chances are even slimmer.

Well I'm not. But I mean, even if I am a regular member on here who *really* knows if that is true or not? I am actually a great driver and have never caused an accident in 20 years of driving. But to most on here, I'm just some guy behind a handle. Who'd trust that without any "reward" in return... it just isn't logical.

I mean, it would be great to say that someone with a nice car wouldn't mind parting with it for a weekend - but there is really no incentive for them to take a leap to help someone out... so why would they.

you&me
06-24-2011, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Cos
Having a hard time with this one. Wasnt there a guy setting up a shop with Astons and we were all supposed to follow him on twitter?

There was, but I'm guessing reality set in and he realized renting exotics in Calgary is the worst idea ever... Unless the point was to lose money, in which case, maybe the best idea ever :nut:

Mar
06-24-2011, 07:43 AM
I just set up a Gallardo rental in Florida for my next vacation, here's the skinny:
1. $600 per day (1/2 price sale)
2. 100 kilometres per day
3. $2 per extra kilometre
4. No crazy deposit (WTF?), they just need a week's notice so they can call your insurance company and confirm you have proper coverage.
5. They're charging me extra to list someone else as a driver also.

Xtrema
06-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Mar
I just set up a Gallardo rental in Florida for my next vacation, here's the skinny:
1. $600 per day (1/2 price sale)
2. 100 kilometres per day
3. $2 per extra kilometre
4. No crazy deposit (WTF?), they just need a week's notice so they can call your insurance company and confirm you have proper coverage.
5. They're charging me extra to list someone else as a driver also.

Damn cheap.

colinxx235
06-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Yah thats a pretty insane deal... mind sharing the name of the company??

ekguy
06-24-2011, 11:44 AM
yeah really. That makes me want to switch my trip from one coast to the other instead.

:D

Jetta-2.0
06-24-2011, 12:06 PM
so no where in calgary can you rent a lambo or such? how about edmintion?

Zhariak
06-24-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm just curious...

Everyone is mentioning these stupid deposits on rentals in Calgary... Has anyone actually rented an exotic locally and confirmed this? Or is it just rumors.

What isn't computing for me, is why would someone have to put down a house, or ~200k for damage, when simply having proper insurance would cover it?

Do they do this for people who don't have insurance that would cover an exotic?

(The reason I mention this is because it sounds purely stupid. Once I took my ride in for service at a dealership, and they gave me a rental that was equivalent around $100K. I called my insurance company to make sure it was transferable and it wasn't a problem. When they mentioned this I was kinda surprised, and played a few hypothetical situations out with my broker, she pretty much said even if I was driving a friends ferrari, I'd be covered properly).

PS. if the info on my last paragraph isn't correct, don't hate, just telling what I was told.

Jetta-2.0
06-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Zhariak
I'm just curious...

Everyone is mentioning these stupid deposits on rentals in Calgary... Has anyone actually rented an exotic locally and confirmed this? Or is it just rumors.

What isn't computing for me, is why would someone have to put down a house, or ~200k for damage, when simply having proper insurance would cover it?

Do they do this for people who don't have insurance that would cover an exotic?

(The reason I mention this is because it sounds purely stupid. Once I took my ride in for service at a dealership, and they gave me a rental that was equivalent around $100K. I called my insurance company to make sure it was transferable and it wasn't a problem. When they mentioned this I was kinda surprised, and played a few hypothetical situations out with my broker, she pretty much said even if I was driving a friends ferrari, I'd be covered properly).

PS. if the info on my last paragraph isn't correct, don't hate, just telling what I was told.

so lets say since i have 1 way insuarance they wont let me rent one?

Mar
06-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by colinxx235
Yah thats a pretty insane deal... mind sharing the name of the company??
Oops, it's $700.

http://www.floridaexoticcarrental.com/

Do I need a credit card to rent a vehicle?
Yes, renter must present his valid credit card with name matching drivers license. A credit card authorization approval will be requested prior to rental to be used as a deposit. This is only an authorization, not a charge. Most authorizations vary from $1,000 to $10,000, depending on the vehicle. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Final payments will be charged to the authorized credit card. If customer chooses, final payments can be paid by cash.

Can I put down all cash for my damage deposit?
No. We do not accept cash as a deposit.

Do you accept debit cards?
Yes. If you use a debit card for the damage deposit, please bring the phone number of your bank so that we may release your funds when your rental is complete.

Red@8
12-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Bumping an old thread.

Anyone know of any places in Vancouver that rent exotics on a short term basis (~couple of days)?

I googled a few places but wasnt really impressed from what I found from my quick search. Thought I would ask if anyone had experiences with any of the Vancouver places.

EK69
04-16-2013, 04:40 PM
so another bump
fuck the exotics, how about some nice luxury sedans and such?
even if they come with a driver :nut:

rage2, can i rent ur car for a day? :nut: lol