PDA

View Full Version : EPS Cancels UC Meets

EM2FTL
07-16-2020, 02:37 PM
If this has already been posted, forgiveness pls.

Edmonton Police are shutting down UC meets for good. I'm curious where people are going to gather next (I'd look on the FB group but that would require logging in to FB). This is somewhat instructive for the enthusiast crowd, the location was tolerated for a long time until people started doing burnouts and generally being assholes to business owners.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/eps-cracking-down-on-car-meets-gateway-united-cycle-edmonton-1.5649759

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-16-2020, 03:43 PM
Inb4 Barlow is done.

ShermanEF9
07-16-2020, 03:48 PM
EPS did not shut them down, the UC owners did. They were tired of people leaving trash all over their property, and the general shenaniganry that caused damage. EPS is only enforcing what was asked of them. This is entirely the fault of the "enthusiasts" that attended UC. It was a great time for a long time, before the idiots rolled in. The scene here is trash now. I don't even think about going to meets anymore because its full of retards.

dj_rice
07-16-2020, 04:13 PM
EPS did not shut them down, the UC owners did. They were tired of people leaving trash all over their property, and the general shenaniganry that caused damage. EPS is only enforcing what was asked of them. This is entirely the fault of the "enthusiasts" that attended UC.

This!!!!!

From the article
"Video footage has shown people urinating and stunting in the parking lot"

Real classy Edmonton

JustinL
07-16-2020, 04:14 PM
There were often cool cars that would come. I think I'd go once a year to check it out, but leave before the morons came in. There's always been weirdos at these meets, but at least in the old days people weren't doing as much to attract negative attention.