PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerator help please....

Pages : [1] 2

spikerS
07-23-2020, 08:45 PM
Hey guys, need a little help.

Found out today as I went to cook dinner that our fridge has stopped doing it's job. While the inside is still cool, it is no longer keeping things cold, and the freezer section is the same. All of our food has dethawed.

I figured maybe the coils were clogged, and so I pulled out the fridge and cleaned the coils. No change, and this is about where my knowledge ends when it comes to major appliances.

I found out that the fridge has a control board with a self diagnostic function. It returned an error code of 22 when I pressed the button. When I whip out the google-fu, it says that the issue is a compressor start relay fault. Checked out a couple videos, and seems like an easy to replace part. But now, I am trying to figure out what part I need, and I am finding conflicting part numbers, and I don't know which is which, and where in Calgary can I go to get a replacement relay?

It is an LG fridge, model number LMX25984ST /02
from what I can tell, the LG part number for the relay is EBG62325702

Is anyone able to figure out if Part #: 6749C-0014E is the same thing? And where is the best place for me to get this locally? Or am I better off just finding a repair guy?

sabad66
07-23-2020, 08:54 PM
Hey guys, need a little help.

Found out today as I went to cook dinner that our fridge has stopped doing it's job. While the inside is still cool, it is no longer keeping things cold, and the freezer section is the same. All of our food has dethawed.

I figured maybe the coils were clogged, and so I pulled out the fridge and cleaned the coils. No change, and this is about where my knowledge ends when it comes to major appliances.

I found out that the fridge has a control board with a self diagnostic function. It returned an error code of 22 when I pressed the button. When I whip out the google-fu, it says that the issue is a compressor start relay fault. Checked out a couple videos, and seems like an easy to replace part. But now, I am trying to figure out what part I need, and I am finding conflicting part numbers, and I don't know which is which, and where in Calgary can I go to get a replacement relay?

It is an LG fridge, model number LMX25984ST /02
from what I can tell, the LG part number for the relay is EBG62325702

Is anyone able to figure out if Part #: 6749C-0014E is the same thing? And where is the best place for me to get this locally? Or am I better off just finding a repair guy?
There is an appliance part store inside trail appliances that stocks a lot of these types of parts. I’d give them a call first thing tomorrow
https://www.reliableparts.ca/locations/AB

xrayvsn
07-23-2020, 09:00 PM
I have been able to get parts for my washer and dryer from Reliable Parts, so I suspect they may also carry parts for refrigerators. There are a few in the city, but there is one inside the Trail Appliances at Deerfoot Meadows.

Maybe their website can give you information on inventory or nearest location to you?

https://www.reliableparts.ca/

Edit: Looks like Sabad66 gave you the same recommendation.

The_Penguin
07-23-2020, 09:09 PM
Reliable parts isn't too reliable for LG parts. They generally only have cosmetic parts, racks, drawers etc.
I'd check with Atlas Appliances for LG.
That said, nobody had the start relay (really just a PTC) for my LG Fridge. I wound up using a close enough Westinghouse part from Amre.

dj_rice
07-23-2020, 09:38 PM
AMRE and ReliableParts are my 2 suggestions

ExtraSlow
07-23-2020, 10:05 PM
Had anyone suggested reliable parts?

The_Rural_Juror
07-23-2020, 11:01 PM
Maybe mate your fridge with RX_EVOLV's fridge to get one with a working pilot light.

spikerS
07-24-2020, 03:48 AM
well, the code 22 I thought I had discovered, wasn't a code at all. I think I just put the fridge into test mode 2... So I am pretty sure that is a dead end. I am so lost when it comes to this shit.

Got a guy coming this morning to come fix it up hopefully.

revelations
07-24-2020, 10:59 AM
Sounds like fridges and appliances etc. will need an OBDII-type port pretty soon.

RX_EVOLV
07-28-2020, 10:42 AM
well, the code 22 I thought I had discovered, wasn't a code at all. I think I just put the fridge into test mode 2... So I am pretty sure that is a dead end. I am so lost when it comes to this shit.

Got a guy coming this morning to come fix it up hopefully.

Curious, what ended up being the problem ?

spikerS
07-28-2020, 11:18 AM
effed compressor. new fridge was delivered yesterday.

killramos
07-28-2020, 11:26 AM
The LG’s linear compressors break. Was a huge class action action about this in the states.

Awesome tech, the fridges are super quiet. But the compressors do go eventually unfortunately.

sabad66
07-28-2020, 11:33 AM

not worth it to replace the compressor?

The_Rural_Juror
07-28-2020, 11:38 AM

No. Best to buy a sub zero.

SJW
07-28-2020, 11:39 AM
All of our food has dethawed.

So it froze again?

The_Penguin
07-28-2020, 11:46 AM
So it froze again?

:rofl:

killramos
07-28-2020, 11:47 AM
No. Best to buy a sub zero.

SZ doesn’t even have red knobs.

The_Rural_Juror
07-28-2020, 12:01 PM
SZ doesn’t even have red knobs.

But it's in la familia.

- - - Updated - - -

So it froze again?

:clap:

Darell_n
07-28-2020, 12:02 PM

I replace Refrig compressors for a living and I wouldn’t even do my own at home. Buy a new fridge, just not LG or Samsung.

The_Rural_Juror
07-28-2020, 12:03 PM
I replace Refrig compressors for a living and I wouldn’t even do my own at home. Buy a new fridge, just not LG or Samsung.

So...subzero?

RX_EVOLV
07-28-2020, 12:05 PM
can you forward me your guy? I might have to get someone to check mine out too...

killramos
07-28-2020, 12:06 PM
So...subzero?

Fuck. You might be right.

The_Rural_Juror
07-28-2020, 12:09 PM
Fuck. You might be right.

Ethylene air purification unit to extend the shelf lives of Superstore meats and produce.

killramos
07-28-2020, 12:12 PM
Ethylene air purification unit to extend the shelf lives of Superstore meats and produce.

I like where your head is at.

Darell_n
07-28-2020, 12:13 PM
Also FYI, ‘linear’ compressor is just an oil-less solenoid used to push refrigerant instead of a crankshaft and piston doing it. Oil-less air compressors are throwaway garbage too. So many better ways to keep your milk cold, LG just went with the cheapest possible method they could come up with and has a high budget for marketing wank.

sabad66
07-28-2020, 12:15 PM

Good to know. Sounds like you see a lot of broken LG/Samsung fridges?

bjstare
07-28-2020, 12:17 PM
So it froze again?

I was blown away it took someone a week to address this major issue for the OP.

The_Rural_Juror
07-28-2020, 12:28 PM
Also FYI, ‘linear’ compressor is just an oil-less solenoid used to push refrigerant instead of a crankshaft and piston doing it. Oil-less air compressors are throwaway garbage too. So many better ways to keep your milk cold, LG just went with the cheapest possible method they could come up with and has a high budget for marketing wank.

We just want to know what you recommend and if it's not a subzero - why.

- - - Updated - - -

I like where your head is at.

Only $280 a year for the air and water purification units. Imagine all the clearance bin lettuce that will be saved.

Tik-Tok
07-28-2020, 12:43 PM
You guys are making me nervous about my 12 year old LG.

Darell_n
07-28-2020, 01:06 PM
I have no opinion on Sub-Zero, have never even looked at one. My recommendation is buy the least energy efficient fridge you can find and enjoy it lasting forever. All LG and Samsung fridges are broken, some have more lag than others.

The_Rural_Juror
07-28-2020, 01:12 PM
I have no opinion on Sub-Zero, have never even looked at one. My recommendation is buy the least energy efficient fridge you can find and enjoy it lasting forever. All LG and Samsung fridges are broken, some have more lag than others.

Roger that.

SZ sucks. I was just about to set up a group buy.

LG: 726 kWh/Year https://www.lg.com/ca_en/refrigerators/lg-LFXS28968D

Sub-Zero: 654 kWh/Year https://ca.subzero-wolf.com/en/sub-zero/full-size-refrigeration/builtin-refrigerators/36-inch-built-in-french-door-refrigerator-freezer-panel-ready#specs

chongkee_
07-28-2020, 01:16 PM

Can vouch for this.
Hate my Samsung right now.
Ice maker is always frozen and have to constantly Force Defrost.
Now, the ice maker has completely crapped out and would only make a batch of ice once after I hit the reset button.

The_Rural_Juror
07-28-2020, 01:19 PM
Miele group buy? German engineers have the best pinky rings.

killramos
07-28-2020, 01:32 PM
Miele group buy? German engineers have the best pinky rings.

I went with Miele for a new dishwasher on the weekend. Seems like the sweet spot.

Can we wait for my LG compressor to go before we start the group buy?

Red knobs only gas cooktop for stoves though.

nzwasp
07-28-2020, 01:33 PM
I have a samsung french door style and there was an ice jam in the back of the crispers caused by a temperature sensor part being too short. Ordered a 2$ part from amazon and spent an afternoon defrosting the fridge with a hair dryer to replace it.

The_Rural_Juror
07-28-2020, 01:42 PM
I went with Miele for a new dishwasher on the weekend. Seems like the sweet spot.

Ok. Same thread, next week.

RX_EVOLV
07-28-2020, 01:52 PM

Red knobs only gas cooktop for stoves though.

From the sound of it my LG compressor is done too. In for a GB

spikerS
07-28-2020, 01:55 PM
in case anyone is interested, the new fridge is a Whirlpool. Gonna give it a whirl and see how it does /dadjoke

littledan
07-28-2020, 10:48 PM
My samsung french door icemaker is also regularly fucked as well. Ice jams against the icemaker housing and quits working until a forced defrost. Im doing it on average every 3-4 weeks now. Fridge is 3 yrs old...

bjstare
07-29-2020, 02:52 PM
in case anyone is interested, the new fridge is a Whirlpool. Gonna give it a whirl and see how it does /dadjoke

We’ve got a whirlpool too. It acted weird one day so had a guy come check it out since it was under warranty... nothing wrong with it, but he said whirlpool are one of the better brands for plebs like us (I.e. not counting Miele, wolf, SZ).

nzwasp
07-29-2020, 03:03 PM
My samsung french door icemaker is also regularly fucked as well. Ice jams against the icemaker housing and quits working until a forced defrost. Im doing it on average every 3-4 weeks now. Fridge is 3 yrs old...

Take the thing apart - at the back of the fridge there is a sensor where its supposed to detect if there is an ice jam however on the samsung the sensor never reaches far down enough and causes this problem.

the part is called SAMSUNG Clip Drain Evaporator REFOEM Original Part: DA61-06796A on amazon

killramos
07-29-2020, 03:22 PM
We’ve got a whirlpool too. It acted weird one day so had a guy come check it out since it was under warranty... nothing wrong with it, but he said whirlpool are one of the better brands for plebs like us (I.e. not counting Miele, wolf, SZ).

Whirlpool, kitchen aid, and a few others are all the same shit rebranded

The_Rural_Juror
07-29-2020, 03:28 PM
Jennaire is supposed to be the luxury part of the Whirlpool line. Thermador and Bosch are related. Miele and SubZero are not inbred.

Miele = Lamborghini
SZ = Ferrari
Thermador = Porsche
Gaggenau = Audi
Bosch = VW
JennAir = Cadillac
KitchenAid = Jeep
Whirlpool = GM

bjstare
07-29-2020, 03:31 PM
Whirlpool, kitchen aid, and a few others are all the same shit rebranded

Right. So I guess I was meaning to say whatever that company is, and the products under that umbrella, are better than the Samsung and LG stuff.

killramos
07-29-2020, 04:34 PM
Jennaire is supposed to be the luxury part of the Whirlpool line. Thermador and Bosch are related. Miele and SubZero are not inbred.

Miele = Lamborghini
SZ = Ferrari
Thermador = Porsche
Gaggenau = Audi
Bosch = VW
JennAire = Cadillac
KitchenAid = Jeep
Whirlpool = GM

I’ll stick in that aside from ranges Viking is Porsche,

Their main cooktop products are awesome, but they also sell a bunch of rebranded VW’s

Tik-Tok
07-29-2020, 05:11 PM
Jennaire is supposed to be the luxury part of the Whirlpool line. Thermador and Bosch are related.

Jennaire and Bosch have some kind of relationship. When I broke our previous Bosch, I went looking for the same model, which was "discontinued", but saw a Jennaire that was identical, except had a blue LED floor light instead of red. Oh, they also wanted almost twice what I had paid for the Bosch, at the exact same store.

The_Rural_Juror
07-29-2020, 05:23 PM
Viking and Brigade split up a while back like SFAM and Citizens of Humanity did. I think the old Viking became Brigade and then Sears/Electrolux became Viking. For Canada anyways.

Jennairs never appealed to me for some reason. I prefer the Asian imports with their flashy features.

revelations
07-29-2020, 05:37 PM
The LAST thing you want in a home appliance is a Ferrari or a Lambo - those things are maintenance nightmares.

You want a Camry, but with a V6 SE 6spd package (doubt such a thing exists), in car guy terms.

The_Rural_Juror
07-29-2020, 05:56 PM
The LAST thing you want in a home appliance is a Ferrari or a Lambo - those things are maintenance nightmares.

You want a Camry, but with a V6 SE 6spd package (doubt such a thing exists), in car guy terms.

No you want a Trackhawk.

killramos
07-29-2020, 06:03 PM
No you want a Trackhawk.

Dacor?

RX_EVOLV
07-30-2020, 09:54 AM

Okay confirmed here as well. Compressor dead. Fridge is <5 years old.

Guy strongly advised against Samsung and LG for future purchases.

Edit: I meant the fridge is LESS than 5 years old... manufactured in 2015..

The_Rural_Juror
07-30-2020, 09:57 AM
Okay confirmed here as well. Compressor dead. Fridge is > 5 years old.

Buy Murica

chongkee_
07-30-2020, 11:01 AM
Okay confirmed here as well. Compressor dead. Fridge is > 5 years old.

Who did you have come in and check it?
What's their rate?

RX_EVOLV
07-30-2020, 12:02 PM
Who did you have come in and check it?
What's their rate?

Pm'd

RX_EVOLV
07-30-2020, 01:21 PM
Here's an update for anyone interested in this....

1) Called LG - confirmed if it is compressor it is covered under the 10 year warranty.

2) Submitted an in-warranty request - received call from local authorized repair person to schedule appointment.

3) Repair person said if it's the compressor only the parts are covered. Labour is not. Asked how much labour alone cost and she said ~$600 (!!)

4) Decided to wait and see if wife wants to just go buy a not-shitty fridge. Scrolling LG website while waiting for her to call me back and noticed under "out of warranty' there is a "One Price", flat-rate repair program that no one told me about.

5) Called LG again, turns out I can just get the flat rate repair for $249, which cover all diagnosis, parts, labors, etc..

6) Resubmitted my repair request as a non-warranty repair for $249.

The_Rural_Juror
07-30-2020, 01:55 PM
7) Life's Good...but not as good as if you got a Sub Zero

revelations
07-30-2020, 02:06 PM
Here's an update for anyone interested in this....

4) Decided to wait and see if wife wants to just go buy a not-shitty fridge. Scrolling LG website while waiting for her to call me back and noticed under "out of warranty' there is a "One Price", flat-rate repair program that no one told me about.

5) Called LG again, turns out I can just get the flat rate repair for $249, which cover all diagnosis, parts, labors, etc..

6) Resubmitted my repair request as a non-warranty repair for $249.

LOL - this sounds a lot like Samsung SSD warranty claims - 'we dont RMA SSD drives', or otherwise deny warranty. Digging through discussion groups, one needs to contact a SPECIFIC Samsung department directly.

The main, 1800 number just runs you around in circles.

cdnsir
08-06-2020, 04:22 PM
What is up with LGs fridges lately, mine might be on its last leg too. It runs and fridge is cool, but bottom freezer isn't able to freeze new stuff even when left in overnight. Even though the freezer temperate is set to the lowest at -20C, air coming out is barely -4C.

Did all the troubleshooting from the manual: Freeing up airflow inside the fridge, clearing ice buildups, vacuumed the coils in the back, nothing.
This is my second run-in with LG service so knew about the flat rate thing, which I got to say is a pretty decent protection for shoddy products.

Sent in a service order yesterday and they're supposed to have someone here within 48 hours through Southland. Hope they actually show up tomorrow, otherwise my it's bad news for my stash of hoarded meats.

killramos
08-06-2020, 04:26 PM
What’s up is the Linear compressors are a known wear item.

cdnsir
08-06-2020, 04:55 PM
If it was the compressor, then $250 in exchange for 5 more years isn't so bad.

Had no say in brands as this one came with the house, I'll definitely help make America great again when it's time to replace.

killramos
08-06-2020, 05:03 PM
I tend to agree. I really like the LG in my house. If it died I would have no issue investing 250 bucks in continuing to use it.

The_Penguin
08-06-2020, 06:07 PM
We went all-in on LG. Fridge, dishwasher washer dryer. First problem was the fridge, couple months in. 3 service calls by a seemingly incompetent tech, and they replaced it.
Then the dishwasher. 1 service call and all good.
Then the dishwasher again out of warranty. I made the mistake of disassembling the main pump assy. before finding out that the gaskets were made of unobtanium. I suppose I could have used silicone... New main pump special order from Atlas. 4 months later it's noisy AF. Sold on Kijiji, replaced with a Bosch.

Icemaker in the fridge quit. Totally potted, no chance of repair. Got one on Ebay.
Fridge quit. Some troubleshooting, compressor start relay (not really a relay, just a PTC) Also unobtanium, but AMRE had a Westinghouse part that would work with some modifications.

Then the washer. Drain pump failed. Surprisingly, Reliable Parts had it in stock. While inside, I spotted the cold inlet valve I should say one of the cold inlet valves, there's 3, all one unit. Was just starting to leak. Amazon for the win.

When it came time to buy a standup freezer... Frigidaire. Fuck LG, and from what I hear, Samsung.

RX_EVOLV
08-06-2020, 10:19 PM
What is up with LGs fridges lately, mine might be on its last leg too. It runs and fridge is cool, but bottom freezer isn't able to freeze new stuff even when left in overnight. Even though the freezer temperate is set to the lowest at -20C, air coming out is barely -4C.

Did all the troubleshooting from the manual: Freeing up airflow inside the fridge, clearing ice buildups, vacuumed the coils in the back, nothing.
This is my second run-in with LG service so knew about the flat rate thing, which I got to say is a pretty decent protection for shoddy products.

Sent in a service order yesterday and they're supposed to have someone here within 48 hours through Southland. Hope they actually show up tomorrow, otherwise my it's bad news for my stash of hoarded meats.

That is exactly my problem. Sounds like 90% compressor. Ours got replaced this morning. Asked the guy if this happens often and he just said no comment, all I'm here to do is to repair this for you.

BTW he replaced the compressor and updated the software in 45mins. I dont know how that's a $600 labour job otherwise...

cdnsir
08-07-2020, 09:44 AM
Okay confirmed here as well. Compressor dead. Fridge is <5 years old.

Edit: I meant the fridge is LESS than 5 years old... manufactured in 2015..

That is exactly my problem. Sounds like 90% compressor. Ours got replaced this morning. Asked the guy if this happens often and he just said no comment, all I'm here to do is to repair this for you.

BTW he replaced the compressor and updated the software in 45mins. I dont know how that's a $600 labour job otherwise...

So they had to re-book me for tomorrow morning... You musta taken their last compressor jerk! LOL Seriously, mine is also a 2015.

These techs must love us, an easy job and making a killing off LG. The parts would be free under warranty, we paid the flat fee, and LG subsidizes the rest.

HHURICANE1
08-07-2020, 09:58 AM
Marketplace did a thing on this a few years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk2TfF1M4r8

RX_EVOLV
08-07-2020, 10:04 AM
So they had to re-book me for tomorrow morning... You musta taken their last compressor jerk! LOL Seriously, mine is also a 2015.

These techs must love us, an easy job and making a killing off LG. The parts would be free under warranty, we paid the flat fee, and LG subsidizes the rest.

lol Yeah the repair guy said he only services LGs now and no other brand. I asked if that's because their appliances require so much attention and he just laughed and said "LG takes good care of us".

The_Rural_Juror
08-07-2020, 10:53 AM
Marketplace did a thing on this a few years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk2TfF1M4r8

Moral of the story. Buy Miele or SubZero if you want it to last. Buy anything else if you want to save money.

cdnsir
08-13-2020, 01:27 PM
So the fridge is toast. Guy spent 5 hours flushing and swapping out all the imaginable parts, conclusion was an unmovable blockage somewhere inside the system.

Bad news is I gotta shop for new fridge. Anyone else shopping for appliances? Most appliance stores offer discounts when ordering multiple products, I'm probably going with one of the census pleb brands under the Whirlpool umbrella.

Good news is I now have a huge beer fridge as the fridge side is fine, but the freezer has been reduced to a fridge as it can't get low enough to freeze anything. Or maybe it can be used for dry aging beef like the other thread?

The_Rural_Juror
08-13-2020, 01:38 PM
So the fridge is toast. Guy spent 5 hours flushing and swapping out all the imaginable parts, conclusion was an unmovable blockage somewhere inside the system.

Bad news is I gotta shop for new fridge. Anyone else shopping for appliances? Most appliance stores offer discounts when ordering multiple products, I'm probably going with one of the census pleb brands under the Whirlpool umbrella.

Good news is I now have a huge beer fridge as the fridge side is fine, but the freezer has been reduced to a fridge as it can't get low enough to freeze anything. Or maybe it can be used for dry aging beef like the other thread?

Did you have to pay for the service call? I was going to wait for the fall clearance to get a Napoleon BBQ.

cdnsir
08-13-2020, 02:48 PM
Did you have to pay for the service call? I was going to wait for the fall clearance to get a Napoleon BBQ.

LG charges $250 flat rate for all parts and labour. Since it's a 10 year warranty on the closed system and it can't be fixed, if they are going to reimburse me for that is TBD. They are supposed to call me once they get the report from back Southland Technical.

RX_EVOLV
08-13-2020, 02:57 PM
LG charges $250 flat rate for all parts and labour. Since it's a 10 year warranty on the closed system and it can't be fixed, if they are going to reimburse me for that is TBD. They are supposed to call me once they get the report from back Southland Technical.

Hope you get it all back. I remember reading the fine print about reimbursing the $250 minus some diagnostic fee or whatever.

I'm surprised it's not your compressor since it sounds like the exact problem that we had (and fixed with a new compressor).

The_Rural_Juror
08-13-2020, 03:40 PM

Here you go. May have to modify cabinets tho.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-refrigerator-fridge/calgary/sub-zero-36-fridge-freezer-stainless-like-new/1517245257

cdnsir
08-13-2020, 05:52 PM
Here you go. May have to modify cabinets tho.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-refrigerator-fridge/calgary/sub-zero-36-fridge-freezer-stainless-like-new/1517245257

No more cheap beers, stocking only the handcraftiest canned vodka sodas in that beauty.

The_Rural_Juror
08-13-2020, 06:57 PM
No more cheap beers, stocking only the handcraftiest canned vodka sodas in that beauty.

There are a few other Sub-Zeros and a fridge-only Miele on Kijiji. Looks new.

Who else is in for an appliance group buy? Savings can go towards a Trackhawk group buy.

killramos
12-30-2020, 10:05 AM

How was your luck getting your money back on diagnostic?

As expected my LG died this morning. Blew out the coils and cleaned it out but have little expectation that will fix anything. Gonna give it an hour to see if it starts cooling (got my bbq probes in it LOL).

Anyone have a link to get the ball rolling on the $250 flat rate repair program?

Or should I go buy a subzero?

The_Rural_Juror
12-30-2020, 10:15 AM

Whoa there early morning flex. :rofl:
Yes you should buy one. You will have to buy the cabinet around it too.

killramos
12-30-2020, 10:17 AM
Whoa there early morning flex. :rofl:
Yes you should buy one. You will have to buy the cabinet around it too.

I’ve always been interested in my fridge costing 5X the kitchen around it.

Do subzero fridges fit in ikea cabinets?

The_Rural_Juror
12-30-2020, 10:21 AM
I’ve always been interested in my fridge costing 5X the kitchen around it.

Do subzero fridges fit in ikea cabinets?

You really don't even need cabinets. Tarps will do.

killramos
12-30-2020, 10:37 AM
You really don't even need cabinets. Tarps will do.

You know! I might have a couple extra tarps.

cdnsir
12-30-2020, 10:37 AM
How was your luck getting your money back on diagnostic?

As expected my LG died this morning. Blew out the coils and cleaned it out but have little expectation that will fix anything. Gonna give it an hour to see if it starts cooling (got my bbq probes in it LOL).

Anyone have a link to get the ball rolling on the $250 flat rate repair program?

They did, and the process was painless if you don't mind waiting a while for a refund, took about 3 months to have it back on my card. In terms of the fridge reimbursement, they'll amortize it so don't get your hopes up in getting a full money-back refund.

For the repair, depends on the age of your your fridge.

Refrigerators:
LG Brand: 1 Year Parts & Labour | LG Studio: 2 Years Parts & Labour
7 Year Sealed System (parts only)*
10 Years Compressor (parts only)*
depending on model, some conditions may apply.

Then one of these two links depends if it's still under warranty.
https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/repair-service/schedule-repair-mylg-login
https://lgoutofwarranty.ca/en/main/flatrate.do

The_Rural_Juror
12-30-2020, 10:42 AM
You know! I might have a couple extra tarps.

Cut some ventilation glory holes and you are golden.

killramos
12-30-2020, 10:49 AM
They did, and the process was painless if you don't mind waiting a while for a refund, took about 3 months to have it back on my card. In terms of the fridge reimbursement, they'll amortize it so don't get your hopes up in getting a full money-back refund.

For the repair, depends on the age of your your fridge.

Then one of these two links depends if it's still under warranty.
https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/repair-service/schedule-repair-mylg-login
https://lgoutofwarranty.ca/en/main/flatrate.do

Sweet, just put in for the flat rate out of warranty service call. Will see what happens. Fridge is a mid 2017 so warranty is up.

Tik-Tok
12-30-2020, 11:01 AM
Modern appliances are such fucking garbage, aren't they.

killramos
12-30-2020, 11:10 AM
Complete trash yes

killramos
12-30-2020, 01:27 PM
Southland guys don’t mess around, parts are in stock and they are sending a tech tomorrow

brucebanner
12-30-2020, 01:58 PM
Probably cheaper than a subzero

killramos
12-30-2020, 02:18 PM
Probably cheaper than a subzero

Can you really put a price on freshness?

ExtraSlow
12-30-2020, 02:48 PM
I'm trying to figure out if I need to buy some new drawer slides for my electrolux. $56 each seems expensive.

killramos
12-30-2020, 02:49 PM
I'm trying to figure out if I need to buy some new drawer slides for my electrolux. $56 each seems expensive.

Tube of low temp grease?

ExtraSlow
12-30-2020, 02:52 PM
nah, the drawer is falling off the slide, looks like the plastic has cracked. Fridge is realyl full, so i need to eat some things before I dissasemble though.

bjstare
12-30-2020, 05:10 PM
nah, the drawer is falling off the slide, looks like the plastic has cracked. Fridge is realyl full, so i need to eat some things before I dissasemble though.

JB weld? Or epoxy maybe.

ExtraSlow
01-02-2021, 11:43 AM

Well, spent some time disassembling and then googling and then more googling, but turns out all I needed was this little clip. $8.51 at reliable parts this morning and I'm good as new.

killramos
01-02-2021, 11:45 AM
Nicely done.

ExtraSlow
01-02-2021, 11:55 AM
I will admit that my crisper drawer not working right did get me pretty agitated and in my agitated state I wasn't doing my best diagnostic procedures. I was so certain I'd need to buy a whole drawer slide assembly for hundreds of dollars.

Tik-Tok
01-02-2021, 12:18 PM
Crisper drawer? Wtf is that? You mean the beer drawer?

ExtraSlow
01-02-2021, 01:19 PM
I have one beer drawer, one for pickles and one for cheese. I'm honestly not sure what the proper names are. In not a fridge expert.

killramos
01-02-2021, 01:21 PM
Beer needs its own dedicated fridge. Everyone knows that.

The_Rural_Juror
01-02-2021, 01:30 PM
What a joyous occasion now that everyone's fridges are working.

ZenOps
01-05-2021, 09:16 AM
On a side note, I'm throwing out my old still working "Roper" brand fridge, are there any recyclers in town that do pickup. I'd be willing to just spend $25 for someone to haul it away, but it always nice to just have someone take it.

ExtraSlow
01-05-2021, 09:33 AM
Post it for $20 on Kijiji and settle on free.