PDA

View Full Version : Have you gotten non-Covid sick in the last 4 months?

Tik-Tok
07-29-2020, 05:22 PM
Just curious. Talking about it today at work. Have any of you gotten a communicable virus?

I'm starting to wonder if we'll somehow manage to greatly reduce the amount of regular flu's/colds and slow the drug resistant stuff too, or are our immune systems going to be weak as shit and susceptible to everything again, when we get back to "normal" (post covid vaccine)

tirebob
07-29-2020, 06:22 PM
When the kids got out of elementary school is when I stopped getting sick. Little bastards bring everything home when they don't have any social boundaries. Once they stop with that, you're all good!

TurboMedic
07-29-2020, 06:25 PM
Definitely its the overall healthiest I've been in years. 4 months, healthcare worker, no reffing hockey, higher attention to clean touch detail and I've been perfect. Even allergies were almost non existant

03ozwhip
07-29-2020, 08:52 PM
I'm not a particularly sick person, or allergic type person, but this july is by far the worst for me with allergies, but no sickness since February when I probably had covid lol

ExtraSlow
07-29-2020, 08:55 PM
Yep, we've had colds, and two unidentified fevers in my house on top of more severe than normal allergies.

Half my house has tested for covid and all were negative.

killramos
07-29-2020, 09:19 PM
Yep, we've had colds, and two unidentified fevers in my house on top of more severe than normal allergies.

Half my house has tested for covid and all were negative.

Mould.

Does hungover count as non covid sick?

topmade
07-29-2020, 10:06 PM
I'm not a particularly sick person, or allergic type person, but this july is by far the worst for me with allergies, but no sickness since February when I probably had covid lol
Same here, I don't get sick often and don't have any food allergies but I have seasonal allergies that can get bad. And no one in my household of 4 has been sick in the last 4 months.

Sentry
07-30-2020, 05:42 AM
Last time I was sick was January, and that was the flu, sickest Ive been in 15ish years, not the usual winter cold.

AndyL
07-30-2020, 06:45 AM
Kiddo came down with a low grade fever out of nowhere last month.

Other than that allergy season kicked our asses. It's been quite nice not seeing every bug around coming through.

Maxx Mazda
07-30-2020, 06:49 AM
I thought all sick was Covid? Isn't that just another name for flu?

tonytiger55
07-30-2020, 08:15 AM
I got sick in the earlier months. I thought it was covid and went into isolation. I had the test twice and it was negative.

I used to get the flu and colds all the time in the UK. It was no big deal, you just roll with it. Since moving to Canada I do find I get sick waay less generally. But I find now when I do get sick, even just a cold. It kicks the stuffing outa me.

rage2
07-30-2020, 08:29 AM
Other than that allergy season kicked our asses. It's been quite nice not seeing every bug around coming through.
This. Allergies have been terrible this year. I don't clear up till lunch.

I don't really get sick much, before or after. The benefits of working in daycare buildings for the last 20 years and getting some natural immunity or something haha.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-30-2020, 08:33 AM
I was very very sick the last weekend in February, felt like the flu but I actually had to take a day and a half off I was so bad.

16hypen3sp
07-30-2020, 08:42 AM
I read something about cold and flu rates being on the decline right now because of increased hygiene practices. Might be all bullshit but seems plausible.

Our work crew usually has someone call in sick at least once over the week. Last few months have been great tho. Everyone has been there.

AndyL
07-30-2020, 08:56 AM
This. Allergies have been terrible this year. I don't clear up till lunch.

Benadryl is working for the kids mostly.

I have now tried all the OTC and a couple prescription antihistamines, nothing's working for me. Someday I'd like to smell again.

ExtraSlow
07-30-2020, 09:00 AM
Benadryl is working for the kids mostly.

I have now tried all the OTC and a couple prescription antihistamines, nothing's working for me. Someday I'd like to smell again.
Cycle through the Aerius/Reactine/Clariatin stuff. Some people get better results on one than the other. Generic reactine and arius is cheapest at costco.

Also, nose rinses 2x per day minimum brother. Gotta clear out those contaminants. Has been highly recommended by my allergist(s) and my sinus surgeon. if you can get someone to prescribe pulmicort steroids to mix in the rinse 1x per day as well, that's even better, but most GP's don't like that.

JRSC00LUDE
07-30-2020, 09:12 AM
I was very very sick the last weekend in February, felt like the flu but I actually had to take a day and a half off I was so bad.

This was me. I found out around 2 years ago that I actually got the flu for very likely the first time because I had never been that laid out by illness in my life and I finally understood how it can kill old people. It was crazy.

But back on topic also at the end of February I was sick as fuck and it came with a couple weeks of congestion again, like I've never experienced before in my life, and a huge constraint on ability to breathe at night/laying down. Lots of fatigue. Since then I've been more or less been straight aces.

AndyL
07-30-2020, 09:20 AM
Cycle through the Aerius/Reactine/Clariatin stuff. Some people get better results on one than the other. Generic reactine and arius is cheapest at costco.

Also, nose rinses 2x per day minimum brother. Gotta clear out those contaminants. Has been highly recommended by my allergist(s) and my sinus surgeon. if you can get someone to prescribe pulmicort steroids to mix in the rinse 1x per day as well, that's even better, but most GP's don't like that.

I've been cycling through and mixing where appropriate. Don't know what's up, doctor wants another allergy test panel.

Ick nose rinses. Hard pass :rofl:

ExtraSlow
07-30-2020, 09:27 AM
Nose rinses are the solution brother. Gross as they may be, they work. if I had to choose between seasona allergy medication and nose rinses, I'd use the rinses. They are incredibly effective, even the "plain" saline ones. Mix your own salt, save money, live better, listen to phil colins. It's great.

tirebob
07-30-2020, 09:47 AM
Nose rinses are the solution brother. Gross as they may be, they work. if I had to choose between seasona allergy medication and nose rinses, I'd use the rinses. They are incredibly effective, even the "plain" saline ones. Mix your own salt, save money, live better, listen to phil colins. It's great.I sinus rinse on a regular basis... Mostly just for allergies but I swear the few times I have gotten a bit of a cold coming on, it has helped both alleviate the symptoms and get rid of it faster than the days before sinus rinsing.

98brg2d
08-26-2020, 01:19 PM
My son had a fever for a few days last month, after his only cohort friend also had a fever. It was low grade and came and went throughout the day. It started off seeming like motion sickness on the highway but came back in the late afternoon the next two days as well.

Mitsu3000gt
08-26-2020, 01:21 PM
No difference for me as I very rarely get sick (knock on wood) but everyone I know with kids has not been sick since they've been at home, compared to being sick frequently when the kids are in daycare/school and bringing germs home haha. Public transit is another big one - if you have been avoiding that but normally take it, you are far less likely to get sick. For sure all the COVID procedures are having a positive effect on reducing regular cold/flu as well which is nice.

suntan
08-26-2020, 02:55 PM
Most of the STDs, E-coli and a bout with gout.