PDA

View Full Version : Selling car - potential buyer said I was lying

Pages : [1] 2

nzwasp
08-04-2020, 07:34 PM
Selling my highlander on Kijiji - I have the carfax on there, in the ad I say "no hail damage" meaning no current hail damage on it. I have had a hail claim before and it was fully fixed up to the tune of 6K however this guy came around tonight and said I wasnt honest about the ad and he thought that meant that a reasonable offer would be $8000 less than what I was asking for.

He also looked at one of the panels on my car and said "this looks painted" yes sir it was painted when a lady hit me in a carpark - also mentioned in the carfax.

No one looking at the car had even looked at the carfax on it.

Sentry
08-04-2020, 07:37 PM
He's just being a cheap cunt, he can go find another car to buy.

08-04-2020, 07:45 PM
Move to the next buyer, guys just trying to score a deal.

adam c
08-04-2020, 07:47 PM
There’s no law that says you need to sell it to him just cause he looked at it

nzwasp
08-04-2020, 07:48 PM
Yeah I already did. Im surprised at the amount of people that low ball you on Kijiji without even seeing the car, I also wonder if they will offer one thing and then want to lower it even further on inspection. This guy also said the acceleration wasnt peppy enough. Well shit mate it aint a trackhawk and looking at what he was currently driving I think it would of been a vast improvement.

bjstare
08-04-2020, 07:49 PM
I'm with the other two. That guy can go fuck himself.

Having said that, I don't fault him for interpreting the no hail damage statement as no prior claim - that's where my mind goes. Otherwise, why mention it? Do you also list every other thing that's not wrong with the car?? :rolleyes:

killramos
08-04-2020, 07:52 PM
I would personally just explain the hail claim on the car fax. If that’s an issue no need to waste your time further.

08-04-2020, 07:53 PM
Yeah I already did. Im surprised at the amount of people that low ball you on Kijiji without even seeing the car, I also wonder if they will offer one thing and then want to lower it even further on inspection. This guy also said the acceleration wasnt peppy enough. Well shit mate it aint a blackhawk and looking at what he was currently driving I think it would of been a vast improvement.

That’s pretty standard, lowballs galore. I find the ones who are genuinely interested don’t talk about the price until after they see/drive the vehicle. The rest are usually curbers looking to prey on desperate sellers by throwing out ridiculous offers.

nzwasp
08-04-2020, 08:06 PM
I would personally just explain the hail claim on the car fax. If that’s an issue no need to waste your time further.

The carfax just has it as a non collision claim.

killramos
08-04-2020, 08:09 PM
I’m just saying the whole issue can be fixed by saying “20xx 6k carfax claim was for Hail damage, professionally repaired at xxx shop, no current hail damage on car”.

If people have an issue with that then they won’t contact you.

nzwasp
08-04-2020, 08:16 PM
alright updated.

nzwasp
08-04-2020, 09:05 PM
What tools to you guys use to value your car when selling.

For instance on auto trader it says 20-23K list price, Canadian black book says $19800 average asking price. Unsure what other sites would give me a good idea.

Thaco
08-04-2020, 09:12 PM
guy is just a shady middle man looking to buy cheap and resell (gauranteed he wont disclose the repairs when he resells it), a ton of that going on these days as people are getting creative finding ways to make money after being laid off.

adam c
08-04-2020, 09:14 PM
Vmrcanada is a good site for vehicle value

08-04-2020, 09:16 PM
Check out vmr Canada and kbb.ca
Hail and a prior accident will effect the value though.

Edit, just found your ad on kijiji. Just a suggestion, you should spend a few hours with a vacuum and some wipes to clean up the interior. It screams to me like a neglected vehicle.

https://i.postimg.cc/y6Q6sF8f/1-C3-C296-E-476-D-4-F3-A-9-A14-531-C1374-FEB5.jpg (https://postimg.cc/7bzrNJ77)

https://i.postimg.cc/kXLntq8K/FBF018-CA-B295-4-FCA-94-CB-72317-EC266-A4.jpg (https://postimg.cc/4mbCDCWx)

Brent.ff
08-04-2020, 09:16 PM
Is this your first time on kijiji?

ThePenIsMightier
08-04-2020, 09:40 PM
Leave him a 1-star when Kijiji asks you to rate him.
Then fuck his wife.
Then message him and tell him his wife is 1-star.

nzwasp
08-04-2020, 10:23 PM
Check out vmr Canada and kbb.ca
Hail and a prior accident will effect the value though.

Edit, just found your ad on kijiji. Just a suggestion, you should spend a few hours with a vacuum and some wipes to clean up the interior. It screams to me like a neglected vehicle.

Yeah I didnt have any armour all when i was cleaning it and just used those blue sanitizing wipes. I used ExtraSlow old wet dry vac to vacuum it. Unsure how people detail their car.

I also looked at what other 2013 Highlanders were listed for - the dealer used ones seemed to be like 23-24K. Didnt find too many private sellers for my year though. Also comes with some 1 year old hakka 9s

- - - Updated - - -

Is this your first time on kijiji?

Selling a car yes. I hate selling shit I would rather give shit away then sell it. Im not giving away a car though.

adam c
08-04-2020, 10:54 PM
The issue with selling a car right now, your market is a lot smaller than previous years

revelations
08-04-2020, 11:07 PM
Selling a car yes. I hate selling shit I would rather give shit away then sell it. Im not giving away a car though.

You've done what I would have - price it low end of the market and avoid the inevitable haggles (where you end up selling it low anyway).

And yes, at that price range you should spend 100$ to have it get a basic interior detailed (its not a 1800$ vehicle).

Skrilla
08-05-2020, 07:17 AM
Then fuck his wife.

Ultimate power move :clap: Also the large majority of low balls on Kijiji wouldn't even show up if you did agree to sell it for the price they asked. Kijiji is a shit show, to much anonymity

KRyn
08-05-2020, 08:27 AM

Type_S1
08-05-2020, 08:52 AM
Selling my highlander on Kijiji - I have the carfax on there, in the ad I say "no hail damage" meaning no current hail damage on it. I have had a hail claim before and it was fully fixed up to the tune of 6K however this guy came around tonight and said I wasnt honest about the ad and he thought that meant that a reasonable offer would be $8000 less than what I was asking for.

He also looked at one of the panels on my car and said "this looks painted" yes sir it was painted when a lady hit me in a carpark - also mentioned in the carfax.

No one looking at the car had even looked at the carfax on it.

When you say no hail damage my mind jumps to there was never hail damage or why else would you say it? I wouldn’t say you are technically lying but I would say it’s a bit shady the way you are representing it. Don’t state anything at all would be more honest in my mind as someone can check the carfax. Previous hail damage significantly reduces resale value of cars as well so if you are asking average market value for the vehicle then the buyer is right to offer you less then market.

Mitsu3000gt
08-05-2020, 09:00 AM
I personally would have interpreted "no hail damage" like the buyer did. When people say "no accidents", it generally means the car has never been in an accident. Same with "no hail damage".

I wouldn't have been a dick and called you a liar, but I would have interpreted it like the buyer did. From a buyer's prospective, that might look like you're trying to hide something or be intentionally deceitful, and would be a red flag for me. I know that probably wasn't your intention, but I don't think you can blame the guy for assuming that.

Best to just fully disclose any prior damage/repairs in the ad IMO, especially if they're going to find out anyway. If you meant to say no "current" hail damage, that's what you should put in your ad.

prae
08-05-2020, 09:10 AM
I don't know what it is about the marque but Toyotas are the BIGGEST pains in the ass to sell.

JRSC00LUDE
08-05-2020, 09:52 AM
Then fuck his wife.

Fucking J-body girlfriends turn into J-body wives.

But OP you did "lie", it has had hail damage, you just had it repaired. Why even mention it in the ad? That absolutely (in my mind) makes you look dishonest so I'd assume you're hiding other information too.

tonytiger55
08-05-2020, 10:03 AM
The issue with selling a car right now, your market is a lot smaller than previous years

Yeah, things are going strange in the market. Im having the issue of buying. Prices of used cars and suvs have shot up.
I know some people are doing this as a side hussle to make some cash.

rx7boi
08-05-2020, 10:03 AM
+1 to "no hail damage" being poor wording.

I wouldn't think it meant "no current damage" cause I can see with my own eyes.

The_Rural_Juror
08-05-2020, 10:04 AM
What size?

I may have a set of 205/60R16 Hakka 9 on Audi rims available later in the year. About 1k kms on them.

ExtraSlow
08-05-2020, 10:05 AM
Get beyond to write you advert for you. Win/win?

The_Rural_Juror
08-05-2020, 10:09 AM
Get beyond to write you advert for you. Win/win?

My middle name is Hyunh-Hyunh.

JRSC00LUDE
08-05-2020, 10:22 AM
My middle name is Hyunh-Hyunh.

Rurr-jurr FTH!

nzwasp
08-05-2020, 10:57 AM
What size?

245/65/R17

I got some armor all wipes and cleaned all the surfaces again, what 2020 says is neglect I say is having children.

And I changed my add to mention what cjblair said about the previous hail claim that was repaired. I mean it has it in the carfax unsure why people arent looking at that.

Also I received a query from a Toyota dealership looking for cars to add to their preowned selection....wierd if I wanted a dealership to buy it at im sure a low amount I would of just traded it in.

The_Rural_Juror
08-05-2020, 11:06 AM
Armor all is bad. 303 is good.

nzwasp
08-05-2020, 11:07 AM
Armor all is bad. 303 is good.

I read yesterday you had a Tesla - are you sure you arent aspen rich

killramos
08-05-2020, 11:08 AM
I read yesterday you had a Tesla - are you sure you arent aspen rich

That’s RurrJurr’s mom. Pay attention!

The_Rural_Juror
08-05-2020, 11:36 AM
Mom's good for letting me borrow her Tesla and making the best borscht. I simply own an old hail damaged Audi.

08-05-2020, 11:38 AM
245/65/R17

I got some armor all wipes and cleaned all the surfaces again, what 2020 says is neglect I say is having children.

And I changed my add to mention what cjblair said about the previous hail claim that was repaired. I mean it has it in the carfax unsure why people arent looking at that.

Also I received a query from a Toyota dealership looking for cars to add to their preowned selection....wierd if I wanted a dealership to buy it at im sure a low amount I would of just traded it in.

No issues with having kids in the car, just if your going to try and sell a $18,500 suv just spend some time and clean it up a bit. Take it to a car wash, use the vacuum and shampoo the carpets. Wipe it down with some aerospace 303 on the interior and engine bay.

That’s just my opinion though, if your Highlander sells it sells. I’m surprised you haven’t been lowballed but those 2nd rate used car dealerships yet.

nzwasp
08-05-2020, 11:42 AM
It never occured to me that dealerships would buy peoples cars I would of thought they would get all their stock from trade-ins.

08-05-2020, 11:45 AM
It never occured to me that dealerships would buy peoples cars I would of thought they would get all their stock from trade-ins.

House of cars lowballed my buddy on his accord by 5k and his was priced at market value based on comparable’s.

revelations
08-05-2020, 11:54 AM
245/65/R17

Dealerships are about making money - they might have an arbitrage opportunity for eg. (maybe used Highlanders are selling at a price premium in Edmonton?).

If you are happy with the price of the vehicle, I would not hesitate to sell

killramos
08-05-2020, 11:54 AM
I think Honda wear offered me 45k for my C63 lol. Cash.

Sadly not the lowest lowball.

Mitsu3000gt
08-05-2020, 12:07 PM

They love buying people's cars because they offer you ~50-60% of market value (or some ridiculously low amount) on the premise that they need to bring it up to spec, etc. Then they do nothing and throw it on their lot for full market value.

To be fair, they obviously have to make some money or it's not worth it for them, but what they will offer you will be far below what a reasonable profit would be. You just have to decide how much money you're willing to eat for the convenience of handing the car over rather than dealing with private sales.

killramos
08-05-2020, 12:09 PM
If you want cash today it can make sense, just know you are probably leaving 5 figures in the table for a convenience fee.

redblack
08-05-2020, 12:13 PM
Post it up on beyond. If your going to get lowballed, at least it’ll be from a member on here lol

Skrilla
08-05-2020, 12:18 PM
House of cars lowballed my buddy on his accord by 5k and his was priced at market value based on comparable’s.

Fuck those guys are the worst. Always got calls from HoC staff if I had anything on Kijiji less than 10 years old. Always offered 40-50% less than asking price.

heavyD
08-05-2020, 12:27 PM
I assume some people may be desperate or uninformed enough to sell their vehicles to dealers or they wouldn't be calling anyone with a decent vehicle for sale. I never reply to dealers as it's just a waste of time.

As for the OP's initial post I side with those that think it's poor wording to state "no hail damage" on a car that's actually been hail damaged in the past. You may be wasting the time of some buyers that come to look in person only to find out there was in fact hail damage done to the vehicle in the past. OP should definitely remove that from his ad. As for the low ballers that's simply the price of doing business on Kijiji.

The_Rural_Juror
08-05-2020, 12:37 PM
Post it up on beyond. If your going to get lowballed, at least it’ll be from a member on here lol

I agree. Being teabagged by a familiar face is always preferred.

Aleks
08-05-2020, 12:38 PM
They love buying people's cars because they offer you ~50-60% of market value (or some ridiculously low amount) on the premise that they need to bring it up to spec, etc. Then they do nothing and throw it on their lot for full market value.

To be fair, they obviously have to make some money or it's not worth it for them, but what they will offer you will be far below what a reasonable profit would be. .

What is reasonable profit? If I ran a dealer I would try to make the biggest profit possible on every single car I tried to bring in. :dunno:
I am sure they all try to make most profit possible and then have a ceiling price where they won't go above that offer.

cyra1ax
08-05-2020, 01:07 PM
Y'all are wrong. OP should be forgetting about Kijiji and going through ezcarsandtrucks.com.

ExtraSlow
08-05-2020, 01:36 PM
Brother, I concur that 2-3 hours of cleaning is expected for a vehicle at this price point. Simply using a damp cloth in mildly soapy water is enough to get you 90% of the way there. Armor all wipes aren't useful for actually dirty surfaces.
A clean car will sell faster and for more. Your $/hr for this work is better than your day job. Maybe as high as your wife's job, lol.

Mitsu3000gt
08-05-2020, 01:51 PM
Brother, I concur that 2-3 hours of cleaning is expected for a vehicle at this price point. Simply using a damp cloth in mildly soapy water is enough to get you 90% of the way there. Armor all wipes aren't useful for actually dirty surfaces.
A clean car will sell faster and for more. Your $/hr for this work is better than your day job. Maybe as high as your wife's job, lol.

Completely agree from a seller's perspective, but from a buyer's perspective, I actually like seeing the car as-is, or right after it arrives at the dealer and before it goes in for a "detail" (typically just a pressure wash and wipe down from what I've seen). This way, it gives a good indication about how the car was treated up until that point and lets me know if I even want to consider the car or not. It's harder to find cars like that at dealers, but really easy if you're shopping privately in the NE :rofl:

nzwasp
08-05-2020, 01:56 PM
You guys must have some detailing tricks I dont know about as I did spent about 2 hours cleaning it up before putting my pictures up, spent another 30 mins this morning too.

The_Rural_Juror
08-05-2020, 02:00 PM
I spitzed the car with "new car smell" after using it as a fart box for years.

ExtraSlow
08-05-2020, 02:03 PM
Completely agree from a seller's perspective, but from a buyer's perspective, I actually like seeing the car as-is, or right after it arrives at the dealer and before it goes in for a "detail" (typically just a pressure wash and wipe down from what I've seen). This way, it gives a good indication about how the car was treated up until that point and lets me know if I even want to consider the car or not. It's harder to find cars like that at dealers, but really easy if you're shopping privately in the NE :rofl:

The average buyer does not think like you.

rx7boi
08-05-2020, 02:07 PM
You guys must have some detailing tricks I dont know about as I did spent about 2 hours cleaning it up before putting my pictures up, spent another 30 mins this morning too.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2013-toyota-highlander-sport/1515266320

Apologies if someone already linked your ad but I think it's this one right?

You should at least power wash the all-weather mats and clean your door jams.

In the rear cupholder area, I can't tell if it's dirt or scratches on the trim, or a combination thereof.

Doing these would make the car more presentable.

The_Rural_Juror
08-05-2020, 02:11 PM
So many cooks in the kitchen...I might as well jump in.
OP should find a more scenic spot to take the photos. It's all about the emotions. I recommend Chateau Lake Louise at sunset.

Mitsu3000gt
08-05-2020, 02:18 PM

You should be able to get an interior looking pretty well factory fresh (minus any permanent damage) in 2-3 hours with some basic tools and chemicals. It's slightly more involved if your carpets need to be deep cleaned, but still not a big deal. If you want help with anything just ask or feel free to shoot me a PM.

Taking photos in harsh sunlight or with a flash also doesn't help, it will highlight every speck of dust and every swirl mark.

outsider
08-05-2020, 02:24 PM
OP, if you are in West Springs PM me and you can bring the car to my house and we can give it a good clean.

I sold my Highlander for $23K just over a year ago, but I had low KM.

The_Rural_Juror
08-05-2020, 02:26 PM
Taking photos in harsh sunlight or with a flash also doesn't help, it will highlight every speck of dust and every swirl mark.

I guess if we are getting that technical, perhaps OP can learn the Rule of Thirds. ProTip: Position yourself accordingly if you can't position the subject.

Xtrema
08-05-2020, 02:51 PM

With low margin on new cars, some look at wholesalers to buy good value cars for used car sales to pat the profit margin.

Why sell someone a Versa and make $500 when you can probably steer them to a 2 year old compact and make $2-3k.

Low balling Kijiji is normal. Low balling on Beyond happens but less. If you think you can get what you ask for, just stay firm. But the used market is weird right now.

rage2
08-05-2020, 04:16 PM
The average buyer does not think like you.
The average human does not think like him.

rage2
08-05-2020, 04:18 PM
Low balling Kijiji is normal. Low balling on Beyond happens but less. If you think you can get what you ask for, just stay firm. But the used market is weird right now.
The trade in market is downright fucked. Looked into trading in the e wagon and it’s beyond low ball. Everyone is scared to hold inventory right now.

08-05-2020, 04:42 PM
Used car market is still strong, I missed out on a few good 4runner’s over the past couple of weeks.

BerserkerCatSplat
08-05-2020, 04:46 PM
Y'all are wrong. OP should be forgetting about Kijiji and going through ezcarsandtrucks.com.

This is all the advice you need, apart from the wife-reviewing thing.

Xtrema
08-05-2020, 04:53 PM
Used car market is still strong, I missed out on a few good 4runner least one the past couple of weeks.

Pockets of it.

With Hertz dumping units and who knows how many repo's are coming from economic fallout, holding on to mainstream used car inventory seems very risky.

ExtraSlow
08-05-2020, 04:58 PM
Pockets of it.

With Hertz dumping units and who knows how many repo's are coming from economic fallout, holding on to mainstream used car inventory seems very risky.

Hertz and every other car rental place. Hertz has the most to sell in the USA, but they are all selling massive volumes.

Buster
08-05-2020, 05:08 PM
Is it a good time to pick up a MTB shuttle truck then?

ExtraSlow
08-05-2020, 05:25 PM
Is it a good time to pick up a MTB shuttle truck then?

Not used. New only for pickups.

I'll get you a good F150 for that.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-05-2020, 05:26 PM
The used truck market is HOTHOTHOT as long as it isn’t Mexican made.

ExtraSlow
08-05-2020, 05:35 PM
I've always thought I'd like to own a Lobo.

bjstare
08-05-2020, 05:44 PM
The trade in market is downright fucked. Looked into trading in the e wagon and it’s beyond low ball. Everyone is scared to hold inventory right now.

Lmk what they offered, I’ll beat it by $1k. Everybody wins??

ExtraSlow
08-05-2020, 05:48 PM
Sell on beyond brother. Share the wagon love.

max_boost
08-05-2020, 06:40 PM
Edit the ad and find a new buyer.

npham
08-05-2020, 07:14 PM
Lmk what they offered, I’ll beat it by $1k. Everybody wins??

$1050...

HiSpec
08-05-2020, 07:17 PM
Pockets of it.

Don't forget the shit tons of new inventory that weren't delivered during start of COVID few months ago.

Buster
08-05-2020, 07:24 PM
Not used. New only for pickups.

I'll get you a good F150 for that.

So used trucks are $$$ right now? I guess that makes sense with the manufacturing disruptions.

ExtraSlow
08-05-2020, 07:35 PM
Has been true for five years. Nothing to do with covid

bjstare
08-05-2020, 08:22 PM
$1050...

Could you fuck off, I’m tryna deal here.

dirtsniffer
08-05-2020, 08:22 PM
My 5 year old silverado lt appears to be worth about 55% of what I paid.

benyl
08-05-2020, 08:29 PM
Has been true for five years. Nothing to do with covid

Has more to do with oil shitting the bed and the improved US $ driving exports of our “cheap” trucks.

I bought a 2001 Sierra 1500 for $1k. Dumped another $1,200 in fluid changes and repairs. Great MTB shuttle.

nzwasp
08-05-2020, 09:37 PM
How common is it for people to get an amvic inspection on a sub 20k car or does the cost sort of not make it worth it?

The_Rural_Juror
08-05-2020, 09:59 PM
How common is it for people to get an amvic inspection on a sub 20k car or does the cost sort of not make it worth it?

They pay for it after they leave a deposit for the sale with you.

You ask too many questions and take too little of our advice. Can we talk to your wife instead?

nzwasp
08-05-2020, 10:01 PM
She thinks im stressing about this too much and that it will sell soon - its only been listed for 5 days. Some guy just asked me to drive to redstone for him to view it.

Buster
08-05-2020, 10:11 PM
You're not worried about selling your car.... You're worried about squeezing that last 5% out of it.

The_Rural_Juror
08-05-2020, 10:38 PM
Wife seems chill.

benyl
08-06-2020, 12:17 AM
You're not worried about selling your car.... You're worried about squeezing that last 5% out of it.

Some people aren’t equipped to sell things on their own and should leave it to the pros.

I am one of those people and will trade in or sell it to a dealer. The extra 5points isn’t worth my time.

tirebob
08-06-2020, 07:07 AM

Exactly this... People don't seem to realize that not every car a dealer takes on trade sells quickly, and the second the calendar rolls over to a new year, every single vehicle still in their inventory drops massively in value. They can't buy every car at just a couple thousand below current market value or they will be broke in short order. They have to make enough money on what sells to cover their losses on what doesn't.

Not saying it feels good to the guy trading in his car, but it is understandable if they consider it.

nzwasp
08-06-2020, 07:10 AM
Alot of people having been asking if its active or rebuilt regarding the registration, im guessing theres been a few burned buyers in the past.

JRSC00LUDE
08-06-2020, 07:50 AM
$1050...

$999.00

cyra1ax
08-06-2020, 08:10 AM
Alot of people having been asking if its active or rebuilt regarding the registration, im guessing theres been a few burned buyers in the past.

I think that might be more because there's a collision claim that shows up on the Carfax.

The_Rural_Juror
08-06-2020, 08:21 AM
The crop thickens.

topmade
08-06-2020, 08:27 AM

Not necessarily, IMO this should always be asked and verified (Carfax or something else) when buying a used car. There's a lot of flippers out there to make a quick buck buying written off cars and doing shitty fixes to get them back on the road. I remember going to see a car with my dad and when we didn't like the car the guy had other cars parked around the block to see. There was lot of sleazebag flippers 30 years ago and there's even more today.

ThePenIsMightier
08-06-2020, 08:57 AM
Not necessarily, IMO this should always be asked and verified (Carfax or something else) when buying a used car. There's a lot of flippers out there to make a quick buck buying written off cars and doing shitty fixes to get them back on the road. I remember going to see a car with my dad and when we didn't like the car the guy had other cars parked around the block to see. There was lot of sleazebag flippers 30 years ago and there's even more today.

"Shitty fixes" on written off cars need to have been verified and approved by a govt certified inspection body. So, theoretically, they aren't shitty fixes. There are curbers that do this, but it's not like they can duct tape a lower control arm back together and sell an unsafe car 24hr later.
The status "rebuilt" is right on the registration and any buyer should see that and the vehicle should be priced accordingly (much much lower). The shitty thing here is hail can write a vehicle off which is purely cosmetic but it ends up in the same "rebuilt" category as a car that had its front clip torn off or one that ended up flooded in a parkade for a week.
My friend has been buying written off cars for 10+ years and paying a contractor to fix them properly and get them recertified. He's not curbing them, per se, but he's able to drive ~1yo cars and put piles of miles on them for about two years before selling them for nearly exactly what he put into them. Hence, he's always driving a new car without suffering any depreciation. It's smart.
Plus, he even ended up with one that wasn't officially written off but still ended up at the same auction. He's had multiple Explorers, an Edge, a big DirtyMax, a California GT Mustang and others. He's kept some for longer, but his main commuter gets about 28,000km/yr on it so he can sell those every year, rinse and repeat.

Xtrema
08-06-2020, 09:46 AM
I am one of those people and will trade in or sell it to a dealer. The extra 5points isn’t worth my time.

I also hate that process. Lucky that I have a mechanic friend that was able to take quite a few cars off me at a bit above dealer trade-in. He saves a few $K, I save the hassle.

There are only a few times where I had to Kijiji/Beyond a car and the process sucks. People still lowballs when it's priced for a quick sell.

ExtraSlow
08-06-2020, 11:03 AM
I have sold so many cars and trucks through Kijiji, way over a dozen, and yeah, it's a hassle almost every time. Funny enough, the only one that was easy was my 2012 ecoboost f150, and that's the only one that I regret getting rid of.

tirebob
08-06-2020, 01:27 PM
I have sold so many cars and trucks through Kijiji, way over a dozen, and yeah, it's a hassle almost every time. Funny enough, the only one that was easy was my 2012 ecoboost f150, and that's the only one that I regret getting rid of.

My 2011 Accord EX-L V6 loaded we leased for four years. They wanted me to give it back and wash my hands of it but I bought it out for just over 13k, and listed it right away on Kijiji. The cheapest one I could find with a lot more milage was around 21k so I listed mine for 19.5k. I had kickers constantly offering me 13k to 15k for a couple weeks. One guy came to look at it and just left when my neighbour saw and asked if I was selling it and what I was asking. I told him I was tired of tire kickers and if he was interested he could have it for $17,900 or some shit if I remember correctly. He went straight to the bank and came back with a money order for the full amount and shook my hand.

I hate selling on Kijiji.

ExtraSlow
08-06-2020, 01:29 PM
Buying is more fun than selling. By a mile.

killramos
08-06-2020, 01:46 PM
Kijiji is pretty terrible. But none of the other places are any better either.

Xtrema
08-06-2020, 01:53 PM
My 2011 Accord EX-L V6 loaded we leased for four years. They wanted me to give it back and wash my hands of it but I bought it out for just over 13k, and listed it right away on Kijiji. The cheapest one I could find with a lot more milage was around 21k so I listed mine for 19.5k. I had kickers constantly offering me 13k to 15k for a couple weeks. One guy came to look at it and just left when my neighbour saw and asked if I was selling it and what I was asking. I told him I was tired of tire kickers and if he was interested he could have it for $17,900 or some shit if I remember correctly. He went straight to the bank and came back with a money order for the full amount and shook my hand.

I hate selling on Kijiji.

Sold a Corolla that way with a for sale sign on window. Neighbor and friends are the best to deal with.